Help ID-ing this interior by Austrian Import
Started on: 03-16-2007 02:07 PM
Replies: 64
Last post by: Austrian Import on 02-06-2012 08:41 PM
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2007 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
ttt
IP: Logged
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
ttt

I found a couple more pictures of Eric's interior, but what I can't find is a complete build thread. Does anybody know where it is?

-M
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Dennis I think maybe you're thinking of JScott's firebird mod .... and he has developed the pieces for the electronics to be "plug n' play". That one's super
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2007 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
No offense, but $2 G for that dash ?? They better be throwing in the door panels also !

To me it just looks like my V-8 Archie dash.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-16-2007).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2007 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

No offense, but $2 G for that dash ?? They better be throwing in the door panels also !

IMHO Eric's dash looks quite a bit different than the V-8 Archie dash. It seems to be much more detailed. (at least in the finished shots.) I do agree, $2000 is a bit steep for a dash compared to around $700 for Archie's. Yea, I kinda hope Eric's includes the panels as well as already installed upholstery. Isn't that the most work on custom dashes anyways?

Exoticse, btw. I love the paint scheme on your Archie dash. Totally changes the look of it. Can't wait to see the finished product in the car.

Did anybody get a chance to find a build thread for Eric's interior, or more pictures of it?
drumwzrd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2007 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by drumwzrd:

OK....I just got off the phone with Scott from Crickettworks. He offered the molds to me for this kit. They include the dash and door panels. He purchased them from Eddie for $25,000 and put another 25 into them. Apparently, they were just made for Eddies car so they were not really production molds. Scott made them into production molds and offered them to me for a price that I am not disclosing at this time. I am going to talk with Doug at the Fiero Warehouse first and possibly to Sage about this and see if they are interested.

Not to burst anyones bubble, but I posted this reply a while ago.........and no, he has no intention of even making any more of these. I tried to make an offer and he declined to make me the interior. He said it is too much of a pain in the ass to make so he just wanted to sell me the production molds. I do hope someone makes a similar interior at some point in the future.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Not to burst anyones bubble, but I posted this reply a while ago.........and no, he has no intention of even making any more of these. I tried to make an offer and he declined to make me the interior. He said it is too much of a pain in the ass to make so he just wanted to sell me the production molds. I do hope someone makes a similar interior at some point in the future.

Makes sense. Is there a build thread for this interior though? (I found references to one in one of Fie Ro's build threads, but no complete thread yet) List of materials used, close up pics, anything?
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
I am reckoning the $25,000 price for the moulds is BS. No one in their right mind would pay that for a non production set of moulds for Fiero interior. I am thinking the guy in Vegas is saying that so the price he is trying to get now for them sounds like a bargain.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

I am reckoning the $25,000 price for the moulds is BS. No one in their right mind would pay that for a non production set of moulds for Fiero interior. I am thinking the guy in Vegas is saying that so the price he is trying to get now for them sounds like a bargain.

Yea, that sounds like it might be one of the reasons. (probably a big one) Well I gave up on getting this exact interior, but I would still like to learn from it. Does anybody have any further info on it?
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2007 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Did you finish that dash? I'm curious what it looks like installed.. I like the 2-tone.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Found another great interior while digging through the archives:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...15-1-042204.html#p23

PFF
System Bot
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
After i get my motor work all done if i can learn how to glass well enough i want to do something very similiar to that.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Back to the original interior, that started this thread :

I dug in the archives some more, and went all the way back to 2001. Unfortunately I've only hit dead ends.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...020319-1-011135.html

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...010824-1-005493.html

All I know so far is that the original creator was Eddy Snaaw. He sold his molds to a guy named Scot Tilden in Vegas. Scot never produced any kits for sale. Eddy sold his backup copy, and sold the car with the original mold installed. That's where the trail went cold, at least for today.

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 05-01-2008).]

mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
the guy that got banned found out where the molds are at but the guy who has them wants to much for them? Thats the dead end.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mtownfiero:

the guy that got banned found out where the molds are at but the guy who has them wants to much for them? Thats the dead end.

Yep, pretty much. That was dead end #1
Dead end #2 is that the original car is sold, and the backup molds sold/destroyed? along with it.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I found a folder with some of Eddy's interior buildup pics today, while cleaning up my old mac. Some have been posted before, others may not, they are from 2000...enjoy!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2008 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Fie RO for the awesome pics.

This is truly a piece of Fiero history.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2008 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

OK....I just got off the phone with Scott from Crickettworks. He offered the molds to me for this kit. They include the dash and door panels. He purchased them from Eddie for $25,000 and put another 25 into them. Apparently, they were just made for Eddies car so they were not really production molds. Scott made them into production molds and offered them to me for a price that I am not disclosing at this time. I am going to talk with Doug at the Fiero Warehouse first and possibly to Sage about this and see if they are interested.

For those interested, call him at (702) 263-9665
He screens his calls so you have to let him know you are interested in the molds and then he will pick up. Good luck with this endeavor.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
*bump*
Bobby Carter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby CarterClick Here to visit Bobby Carter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bobby CarterDirect Link to This Post
all i can say is wow! this has become my favorite custom interior!
PFF
System Bot
longgonefiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longgonefieroSend a Private Message to longgonefieroDirect Link to This Post
This is just about the perfect dash in my opinion not to flashy but not boring. It also has that modern look to it instead of the very RETRO look my 84 has.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-20-2010 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
The Sunbird Turbo/SyTy gauges would look awesome in that dash.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
*anti archive bump*
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
*anti archive bump*
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock