USA Top Gear Fiero Confirmed. by Hockaday
Started on: 11-21-2010 10:04 PM
Replies: 40
Last post by: Spaxspore on 11-27-2010 12:40 PM
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
On the first montage of whats to come you can clearly see a gold fiero.

Lets hope it gets respect!

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Member
Rim ≠ wheel. I have a youtube stalker...yay!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
link??
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
was with in the first two mins of the show. its currently on now.
FuryArrow

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FuryArrowClick Here to visit FuryArrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to FuryArrowDirect Link to This Post
I saw that! Hopefully its an 88 with the better suspension. I've been googling, trying to find a clip to post. They also showed it rolling backwards with no one driving, crashing into another car.

[This message has been edited by FuryArrow (edited 11-21-2010).]

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
they also fill it with water.
lurtz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzDirect Link to This Post
At first glance it appears to be an 86 gold SE with a manual tranny, moon roof, pws and beachwood interior. Of course it could be an 87, looking at the steering wheel can anyone confirm when the 4 spoke wheel with two horn tabs became available... either way it looks pretty clean with what appears to be after market brown leather seats with yellow/tan fiero pegasus embriodered on the back (Mr Mikes?). I hope that it is not an 87 with a getrag that they are flogging around and destroying because Hockaday is correct, there is a quick clip of them using a fire hose through the moon roof to fill it up with water..

------------------
1984 Base Coupe Red Stock MY8
1984 SE Black Stock

2002 Grand Prix GTP 40th Anniv. Stock

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
wasn't the beachwood interior only available in 88?
lurtz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

wasn't the beachwood interior only available in 88?

I may have my "tan" interior colors confused. It is definatley not an 88 because of the notch and aero fascia. (Unless of course someone went through the trouble of removing the fastback and painiting the aero effects grey. )

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
i thought there were 88 notchies with that front end as well?
lurtz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzDirect Link to This Post
i could be wrong but I didnt think that they offered the SE in 88. I think they replaced it with the Formula. Though like I said I could be wrong.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
I saw the Top Gear episode tonight. The only clip I saw of the Fiero was of one of the guys leaving the door open and the car rolling backwards down a hill crashing into a parked car....

Way to kill another Fiero
PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
hopefully the show it self follows the fiero. Top gear is top gear because of the hosts Jereme, Richard and James, and the stig.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 11-22-2010).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I will warn you now it will be destroyed. This is a hallmark of Top Gear in England. They have trashed everything including sports cars from Lotus, TVR, Ferrari, Jag and Porsche.

Please don't everyone here act like an idiot with nasty letter and weird threats because you will make us a target for a laugh. In the English show they trashed a Austin Marina sedan. A popular but not valuable sedan in England. The car was smashed when they dropped a grand Piano on it.

They got a lot of letters from the fan boys of the car so they appolgized with a real nice piece. Then they dropped another Piano on another Marina. Since then they have killed about 6 more all with falling Piano's because they like the laugh the crowd gives because of the fan boy up roar.

I have seen magazines do the same for the X1/9.

So please just enjoy the joke as this is what this show does and they do it to many a fine car. The bigger fuss we make the better the odds are the more Fiero's will die.

I am not joking as I have seen enough years of the English show to understand what they can do. Right now it is a big joke to own a Marina in England now.
indydriver

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know where "USA Top Gear" is filmed? I sold a very clean gold 86 SE with Mr. Mikes seats to a nice couple in North Hollywood about 6 months ago. When they filled out the paperwork they listed the new owners as a film production company. Also, I searched my Direct TV guide and I don't find any "USA" Top Gear. Are you certain about the name? I hope this isn't the car.
indydriver in L.A.
lurtz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzDirect Link to This Post
Was the 86 you sold a standard? With clean 14 inch turbo rims? I mean wheels. The seats were a dark brown. Looked pretty nice
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Well if thats top gear thing -wreck cars for no good reason- I guess I can scratch it off my bucket list as just another dumb show to avoid.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

Well if thats top gear thing -wreck cars for no good reason- I guess I can scratch it off my bucket list as just another dumb show to avoid.

Lets get this straight they are not crashing Enzo's here. The Fiero is a perfect target since it is worth so little and the plastic body is not dented or rusted out.

The cars they take are often sports cars that are worth little in dollar value like a 924 or 944 and they do crazy challanges with them. Most would end up in the scap in a few years anyway.

I expect the American show to fail based on what I saw last night. The presenters are lame accept for Tanner. The original English show is a hit becase of the preseters are like the three stooges and they will say and do about anything politcally incorrect. Clarkson is not above calling global warming BS on the air.

These guys not only test new cars to limits few others would but they also have some entertaining fun. Of late they did a piece on a Robin Reliant. For thsoe who have never seen one they are a unstable 3 wheeled car sold in England that could be licenced as a motorcycle. It has a plastic body.

Well they did a show where they kept flipping it over. The nasty letters came in about how great and stable the car was and for the next 3 weeks they would have someone different flip the car over. They really are undstable cars.

A while back they also launched one with the largest rocket engine ever launched in England. The Reliant was to have come off and gluided back on the wings they put on it. Well it failed to come off and crash into the ground at 600+ MPH.

The bottom line is at least with the English show something entertaining for everyone. It is not the highest rated auto show ever for no reason. Many of us here watch it on BBC America. The first time I saw it I thought they were just a bunch of snobs but later found them to be more like Monty Phython. They take themselves less serious than anyone else. They mock themselves as much as anyone and have perfect timing bettween them. It is like the three stooges get a Ferrair.

Either way if the American show makes it, I will be suprised. The key is the staff and how the English humor works.

Their best show was the one where a group of rednecks in Alabama thought they were gay and tried to kill them. That one was funny.

So either way nasty letters to the show may kill as many as 5 more Fiero's if you are not careful. It has happend before.
indydriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post
My car was very clean, including the wheels and it was a 4 speed stick. It had around 75k miles on it. I guess you could say the seats were dark brown. They were color-matched to the darker brown of the stock interior colors. I can't post photos but I pulled up the original Pennock's thread from 2003 when I bought it with 38 miles on it. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...0223-1-030843-3.html There are a few good interior shots on page 3. BTW, if anyone sees this Top Gear episode again, one real giveaway is that my Fiero had a black wing on the rear rather than gold like it would normally come from the factory.
indydriver in L.A.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
i Don't think anyone here was going to write any letters, hopefully it will be good publicity. Love the real top gear just wish it was still on discovery. BBC america is a season behind as well.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
i hope this Fiero abuse gets a proper beat down by someone like, FieroX or them fast Flint, MI boys Dark Horizon Justinbart......how about some of the V8's.....write to the show and make a bet.....FieroX says he can beat a Veyron in the 1/4 mile.....who has the fastest street Fiero? i think they would be down with that.....blow some nitros to hedge our bet......anybody?? teach these supercar shows who is the boss.....
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
I've often wondered if i'm fooling myself with the performance of the fiero ( well the capabilities ) and should just give up and buy a modern car...that would be a good thread topic...
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I always wondered what those top gear goons would think of my rattle trap of a fiero.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
found it!!! no kidding this would be awesome......if anybody wants to commit, i will find the contact info.....Tanner seems like he'd be the type who would mess with his proudcers enough to want to try......

Originally posted by fieroX:

I would race a Bugatti Veyron in the 1/4 mile. I would race a Porsche Carerra GT in the 1/4 mile. My car corners good, but I need to get a few things done before I would attempt to race in the turns. I dont really want to run it in the turns, because I dont have much experience driving autoX or roadcourse, Just 1/4 mile. I would run it longer than 1/4 mile too if possible. Say airstrip run 1/2 mile 1 mile? Airstrip run, say 2004 Lambo Murcielago. He would have a hard time keeping up to 160 mph.

Daniel
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by indydriver:

My car was very clean, including the wheels and it was a 4 speed stick. It had around 75k miles on it. I guess you could say the seats were dark brown. They were color-matched to the darker brown of the stock interior colors. I can't post photos but I pulled up the original Pennock's thread from 2003 when I bought it with 38 miles on it. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...0223-1-030843-3.html There are a few good interior shots on page 3. BTW, if anyone sees this Top Gear episode again, one real giveaway is that my Fiero had a black wing on the rear rather than gold like it would normally come from the factory.
indydriver in L.A.

Ouch, it looks like it was your car. Man, it had such a hard life, they should of purchased a ratty fiero like Mythbuster's did with their fastback
indydriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

Ouch, it looks like it was your car. Man, it had such a hard life, they should of purchased a ratty fiero like Mythbuster's did with their fastback

I fear it is. After the people drove away in the car I realized that I still had a few nice pieces that I had intended to include with the sale like map pockets that didn't this car didn't come with that I picked up on ebay but never installed. Also I had the original floor mats that I removed and stashed after only 3k miles and replaced with Fierostore mats. So I emailed them and told them to stop by and they could have them. I also told them about Stu's replacement dew wipes that they should get and I'd help install. I never heard from them again. If they really liked the car and they intended to drive it why wouldn't they come back for the parts?
I've been trying to find out when and where Top Gear America is going to air again but I'm not having any luck. I really think this particular Fiero deserved a better ending than this.
indydriver in L.A.

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Sunday at 10 pm on history channel for the next one
indydriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post

I fear it is. After the people drove away in the car I realized that I still had a few nice pieces that I had intended to include with the sale like map pockets that didn't this car didn't come with that I picked up on ebay but never installed. Also I had the original floor mats that I removed and stashed after only 3k miles and replaced with Fierostore mats. So I emailed them and told them to stop by and they could have them. I also told them about Stu's replacement dew wipes that they should get and I'd help install. I never heard from them again. If they really liked the car and they intended to drive it why wouldn't they come back for the parts?
I've been trying to find out when and where Top Gear America is going to air again but I'm not having any luck. I really think this particular Fiero deserved a better ending than this.
indydriver in L.A.

I just found it on History Channel (History.com I think). I freeze-framed over and over again. I'm positive it's my car. Black wing. Mr. Mikes. BFG TA's, no map pockets. This was a very nice 77k mile Fiero. It turned heads and got thumbs up everywhere I drove it. It really didn't deserve this.
indriver sad in L.A.

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
I agree with you, and it sucks that they weren't honest about it when they bought it. They probably acted as though it was for themselves and came as a couple to fool you into selling it to them. I hope they didn't bargin too much and the car got a fair price or else it would be a real shame. I wonder what will happen to whats left of this car and if it is salvagable for a second time. I'm sorry for your loss.

------------------

AKA. FieroAlex
Not related in any way to the FieroMontreal club

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I always wondered what those top gear goons would think of my rattle trap of a fiero.

Well, since you asked !

Probably what other NON Fiero owners think.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...VdFA&feature=related

Sorry, but his is just too darn funny !
lurtz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzDirect Link to This Post

I just found it on History Channel (History.com I think). I freeze-framed over and over again. I'm positive it's my car. Black wing. Mr. Mikes. BFG TA's, no map pockets. This was a very nice 77k mile Fiero. It turned heads and got thumbs up everywhere I drove it. It really didn't deserve this.
indriver sad in L.A.

I agree it did not deserve any of the abuse it has recieved but I was super relieved to find out you put on 77k since you bought it with 38 miles. I was really concerned that the car still had crazy low miles on it. At least you can say you put 77k on a fiero that was practically brand new in 03. I doubt anyone else can say that. I bet those were some good miles, almost like a time machine

------------------
1984 Base Coupe Red Stock MY8
1984 SE Black Stock

2002 Grand Prix GTP 40th Anniv. Stock

86_fiero_gt_92

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_fiero_gt_92Send a Private Message to 86_fiero_gt_92Direct Link to This Post
it sucks that they destroy a fiero in nice shape but look at it this way, if it wins it might bring some respect to our cars.

the fiero has the acceleration and braking and handling advantage over the road master and probably over that other car
PFF
System Bot
T-top87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for T-top87gtClick Here to visit T-top87gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to T-top87gtDirect Link to This Post
I have seen the Mythbusters with the gold fiero... did you maybe sell it to them?

Does anyone know where "USA Top Gear" is filmed? I sold a very clean gold 86 SE with Mr. Mikes seats to a nice couple in North Hollywood about 6 months ago. When they filled out the paperwork they listed the new owners as a film production company. Also, I searched my Direct TV guide and I don't find any "USA" Top Gear. Are you certain about the name? I hope this isn't the car.
indydriver in L.A.

------------------
"Let a man drive a Fiero and he'll own one. Teach a man to fix a Fiero and he'll own eight....errr...nine."

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Wow I'm so sorry that such a nice and clean example had to be destroyed... Especially that a forum member was deceived by the buyers. Why the hell did they have to destroy such a nice car? Really at 77k miles for an 80s classic? Ridiculous...... Lets just hope they don't send any more to the graveyard.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I will warn you now it will be destroyed. This is a hallmark of Top Gear in England. They have trashed everything including sports cars from Lotus, TVR, Ferrari, Jag and Porsche.

Please don't everyone here act like an idiot with nasty letter and weird threats because you will make us a target for a laugh. In the English show they trashed a Austin Marina sedan. A popular but not valuable sedan in England. The car was smashed when they dropped a grand Piano on it.

They got a lot of letters from the fan boys of the car so they appolgized with a real nice piece. Then they dropped another Piano on another Marina. Since then they have killed about 6 more all with falling Piano's because they like the laugh the crowd gives because of the fan boy up roar.

I have seen magazines do the same for the X1/9.

So please just enjoy the joke as this is what this show does and they do it to many a fine car. The bigger fuss we make the better the odds are the more Fiero's will die.

I am not joking as I have seen enough years of the English show to understand what they can do. Right now it is a big joke to own a Marina in England now.

x2
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

indydriver in L.A.

Filmed in Los Angeles. More than likely it is your car.
indydriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Filmed in Los Angeles. More than likely it is your car.

Yes, it definitely is/was my car. I've watched the the trailer over and over again and there are numerous clues that all add up to the sad fact that is my car. I sold that car for around $2800. A real bargain, considering it's condition. But in this economy and the fact that there are very few pontential buyers for 26-year-old cars I listed it at my rock-bottom price. I didn't need the money, I just had too many cars. I posted it on Pennock's with no bites. If these people had not bought it I'd probably still own it. And if they had told me what they were going to do to it I certainly would not have sold it to them. They did not lie to me and they did not misrepresent themselves to me. They just appeared to me to be a nice couple looking for a sporty little car at a good price. I'm certain they knew that was how they appeared and did nothing to change that perception. They listened attentively as I told them of all of the regular maintenance I'd done religeously, and they commente that it certainly was a clean little car (I had just spent a weekend detailing it) .I told them about the 88 headlight upgrade, the recent new clutch. I told them that the brakes would be due for work in the near future and I pointed out the Mr. Mikes seats. I helped the gentleman load the extra trunk lid that I included into the trunk of his Volvo sedan. They counted out 28 one hundred dollar bills and I ahnded over the keys and the signed title. When the lady filled out the proof of sale document that I'm required to send off to the DMV, she did not enter her name on the new owner line. Instead she wrote in the name of a film production company. I suspected nothing. There are many people in and around Los Angeles who own small "production companies" or are otherwise in the movie or show business. We bought a used Sable wagon just a few months ago from an "actor". The next time I sell a car that I have any emotional attachment to I'll be asking allot of questions. I'll assume mothing.
indydrive in L.A.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
well they did misrepresent themselves...they were looking for a car to destroy not to own. I would love to sue them over this but A. that'd probably be a frivolous law suit...B...kinda pointless it'd never be won...it just pisses me off that they would do that. on Mythbusters ( at least from what they air ) they tell the people what is to come of the car or boat etc. I'm sure there were other fieros for sale for far less and far worse condition compared to yours. That being said from what I've seen the car would be salvageable...just needs an extreme rebuild.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
you know? its too bad we cant get the Fiero on an "endangered auto's list".....from an OEM parts and panel salvage point of view.
"help perserve our Pontiac history.....wont you, please?"
it could float....pun intended
Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTDirect Link to This Post
A car with that low milage should have sold for more money. That sucks it is now gone.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
It looks like they kill a Z31 too...an awesome car...the people who own them are almost always jerks...and im being polite...but the car doesn't deserve that death.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock