First Post by jeep107
Started on: 11-20-2010 11:55 AM
Replies: 26
Last post by: Rick 88 on 11-22-2010 07:24 PM
jeep107

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Direct Link to This Post
Hi, I just wanted to say a hello and try and see if I can get pictures to post etc.
A little bit about myself, I bought my first Fiero from the dealer in 87 and had a lot of fun with the car when my wife and I were just going out together. Fast Forward to Nov 18th 2010 and my wife bought me my second Fiero as a 21st anniversary gift. As of right now all I have are some pictures and info on the car as it is on the other side of the Country and I am waiting for delivery on Dec the 20th.
My reason for posting here is as a bit of an introduction but mostly to thank the Forum Members for all the information they have posted and shared with the other members....and lurkers which I was for years before actually getting the registration done. The information is priceless and the humor shown at times is appreciated.

Lets see if I can actually post some pic's of the car
http://myfiero.com/uploads/24112_.jpg
http://myfiero.com/uploads/24113_.jpg
http://myfiero.com/uploads/24114_.jpg
http://myfiero.com/uploads/24115_.jpg

Not sure if the pic's worked or not but some info on the car and I dont have exact numbers on the build yet but what I know is it is a new 2.8 with 1000kms since the rebuild, bored out, stroker kit and supercharged for a little extra. Lots of interior mods, Mr Mikes , seats, digital dash etc. I was looking to get a rough project car but found this and spent way more than intended.
I am curious if there are any Fiero owners on here in the Saint John New Brunswick area?
Thanks for your time

[This message has been edited by jeep107 (edited 12-09-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Click edit on my post to see how I made the pictures show up...
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004
Supercharged? Engine bay pics now...
jeep107

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Direct Link to This Post
I have pics of the engine with the supercharger but when I try and load them myfiero.com tells me they are too large, I am sure I can figure this out somehow
jeep107

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Direct Link to This Post

jeep107

84 posts
Member since Nov 2010
Thanks Carbon, I think I can post so the pics show up now. just gotta figure out how to reduce in size so I can get some engine pics up
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Nice ride!!!

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Supercharged? Engine bay pics now...

Agreed! Immediately! Don't be a tease!
jeep107

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Direct Link to This Post
lets see if this works
jeep107

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Direct Link to This Post

jeep107

84 posts
Member since Nov 2010
Here are some more now that I know how to post pics

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Awesome... where did you get it from? That looks just like Fierosound's setup...

Oops.. similar not exact...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-20-2010).]

jeep107

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Direct Link to This Post
Bought the Fiero from a guy in Calgary. The Supercharger is a Z-spec, lots of other work done to the car as well, upgraded throttle body, fuel pump, injectors. Ocelot stainless exhaust, 140 amp chrome alt and the list goes on and on. I was pretty impressed with the build this guy did.
PFF
System Bot
Billyinpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BillyinpgSend a Private Message to BillyinpgDirect Link to This Post
Very nice car!

I am on the left coast of Canada so that won't help but I had to reply because of the similarities in your story.

I factory ordered a 2M4SE in 1984 and loved it, well for a few months anyway.........

It was T-boned in late '84 and after the repair I sold it. I ordered another in '85, a GT and drove it until 1990 when I married. I ended up getting into Jeeps after that and have been building them ever since, but, I never did lose my love for the Fiero.

Like you, fast forward to Oct. this year I heard of a guy sending a '86 SE to the junkyard. I didn't think much of it but I had also heard that he was sending it 'cause it ran "rough". I decided to take a look and part it out myself if it was that bad and was pretty surprised at the shape it was in. I gave him $300 and towed it home.

I'll be driving it into my shop next week for a restore and when it turns 25 next year it's gonna wear "collector" plates.

The only trouble with it is I am used to building Jeeps and needing things to stand on to work on/ paint them. This Fiero has already given me a sore back with all the bending over and crawling and stuff LOL.

Here's mine................

Pretty similar but very different when done.

http://i22.photobucket.com/...less1/1779iac_20.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/...less1/92649dj_20.jpg
jeep107

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Direct Link to This Post
Thats actually pretty funny, as my name on here is jeep107 you can probably figure I am a jeep guy too. I have owned and built up everything from a 66 Kaiser jeepster, 77 CJ-7 and up through the TJ's etc. Love my jeeps but the Fiero was the first new car i ever bought from a dealer and cars are kinda like women....the "First one" always holds a special place...lol
CanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CanFieroSend a Private Message to CanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum fellow Canuck. If you don't mind telling me, did you pay the full price he was asking? I looked at the car on kijji but didn't want to pay that much. Looks like is well built and really nothing left to do on it. You should have a blast with it. Just curious, whats it cost to have car shipped across the country?
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum and that's one clean/nice looking Fiero your gonna be driving soon. Grats!

------------------

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
Hi jeep107...

I used to live in NB, but now relocated. BTW, that S/C set-up was sold by a company in Toronto called RSM Racing. They had a supercharged set-up for the fiero V6 and I believe they still do. They are now into other cars from the GM line and others. I think they stuck with the fiero and had interest because the 2 owners had a few themselves.

That S/C kit was about 6000$ CAD installed.

IMO, I rather put something in the fiero that has more potential and power. Supercharging a 2.8 may be fun, but most fiero guys will install a 3.8 S/C engine and shoot for 275-300hp. Its all a personal choice, but its what we like or want.

Have fun with your fiero, and keep it clean...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

JesseM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JesseMSend a Private Message to JesseMDirect Link to This Post
Curious about the numbers that thing puts out... any info on that?
jeep107

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Direct Link to This Post
Well, lets see, as to the price he was asking yeah i did get him to drop down a few thousand....winter is here so I am sure that helped and it took almost a month to get him to a price that I was willing to pay.
The choice of a supercharged 2.8 was one I made over a V-8 swap. There are lots of V-8 swaps and I wanted something that was a bit different than the norm and retained the 2.8. With the engine bored and stroked, performance cam, lifters and supercharger I am pretty sure i will be more than happy with the power.
jeep107

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Direct Link to This Post

jeep107

84 posts
Member since Nov 2010
The car has never been put on a dyno, I could throw around numbers that the engine build should put out but I usually find they are somewhat off from actual so with any luck I will get it on a dyno next summer and see what the true numbers are, until then all I can say is more than stock....lol
JesseM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JesseMSend a Private Message to JesseMDirect Link to This Post
I enjoy the 2.8, and have never driven anything other fiero-wise... It is very interesting, that is why I am curious, I too am sure you will have fun.
stay safe!
jeep107

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Direct Link to This Post
CanFiero , the shipping from Calgary to Saint John New Brunswick was around 2300
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jeep107:

The car has never been put on a dyno, I could throw around numbers that the engine build should put out but I usually find they are somewhat off from actual so with any luck I will get it on a dyno next summer and see what the true numbers are, until then all I can say is more than stock....lol

Wow. Its like he already knows what happens to people here when they state any numbers about their engines without any dyno numbers. (joke)

I'm definitely digging the 2.8 SC, keeps the engine bay close to stock with a nice performance tweak.
jeep107

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Direct Link to This Post
I just want to thank everyone for the replies and for the great resource you all offer on here, if there wasnt such a good community here and what i have seen as excellent technical advise I may have looked at other/newer vehicles. I am a wrencher but dont want to reinvent everything as I go, thankfully you guys (and gals...there are a few here) have already done all the inventing already.
Thanks Again
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I have to say im very impressed.. thats a very nice fiero.
Fiero1K

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
Hey, you painted your a-pillars black, just like me! You are a tasteful man.

Looks like you got a great Fiero, MrMikes and everything. Gorgeous car.
jeep107

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Direct Link to This Post
Thanks, I am still wondering where all the New Brunswick Fiero owners are, may have to wait for the Atlantic National show this summer to see who is out there
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Very nice Fiero!

I like the fact that is a different power set up with the supercharged 2.8.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock