Red Fiero with carbon fiber wing by MrBoernie
Started on: 10-11-2010 10:27 AM
Replies: 33
Last post by: Australian on 10-20-2010 04:39 AM
MrBoernie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post
Today i put a carbon fiber wing and a decklid scoop on my 88 GT. What do you think?

------------------
My wife told me to choose: her or my Fieros... I miss her sometimes!

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Nice car.... but he wing... doesn't seem to flow with the lines of the car, sorry.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
CF is nice, but yeah, the curvature of the wing does not fit with the Fiero's lines.
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post
I'm not a big fan of the wing but I do love the decklid scoop.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I don't think its that bad. I think it (the car) just needs to be lowered a little bit, throw in a dash of carbon fiber elsewhere near the sides/front to tie things together, and it'd help!

btw, is that mustang scoop just wrapped in carbon fiber sticker, or did you make a mold and is it real cf?
------------------

Check out my build!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 10-11-2010).]

ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrBoernie:
What do you think?

I don't like it. As others said, the curvature doesn't match the Fiero at all. It's too narrow for the Fiero, the double airfoil is too busy for the simple Fiero lines, I personally don't like the look of CF (though it's an awesome material), and worst of all, it isn't functional at all when paired with the Fiero's fastback depression.

If you like it, though, more power to you. That's what matters.

------------------

'10 Camaro LT/RS, 312hp V6 6-speed
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO

The rest of my cars are for sale
There's no replacement for turbo placement

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
love the fibre...but the curvature doesn't seem to flow...and its too small i think...it should normally stick or at least be even with the fenders. but i love your detail with the CF

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Member
In recent times, the custom aftermarket car/automobile roadwheel has become a status symbol. These wheels are often incorrectly referred to as "rims". The term "rim" is incorrect because the rim is only the outer portion of a wheel (where the tire is mounted )

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Scoop = YES, Spoiler = it's your car, do what you think looks good.
wmorse

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wmorseSend a Private Message to wmorseDirect Link to This Post
I agree with some of the others, The vent looks awesome. Is it functional?

The wing, on the other hand, just doesn't trip my trigger.
jreigner

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jreignerSend a Private Message to jreignerDirect Link to This Post
I personally like it. Most often people whore up theire cars with tacky,giant oversized wings. I think it fits the style. good job man.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
I would like the wing better with the lower wing removed. Double decker wings are too over the top for me. Also you could see out the back better!
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Take it off.......
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Is anyone else jealous of the area that MrBoernie gets to take his pictures? Every time I see one of his photos I am impressed. Is this your yard/driveway?

MrBoernie, plus for you for your beautiful car, large crystal clear pictures, and for your rear window decal!
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Like the scoop but not to keen on the wing. I guess its all in the taste that you have for your ride.

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

Fiero1K

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
This is/was one of the cleanest fieros ever. However, I would like to see the factory wing in CF. It is the best wing for the fiero. Use TLG's stealth stands and it would flow very nicely.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
I really think it all looks nice. Spoiler & the scoop.
Then again I'm the one who sees no problem wearing a plaid pair of pants and a yellow & black striped shirt.

Spoon

------------------
Two yeast spent their entire life "about 2 days" discussing what the purpose of life could be and not once did they even come close to the fact that they were making champagne. Quoted by: Unknown

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Love the car + Scoop. Not a fan of the wing. Cheers
vinny

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
Wing looks fine to me except the screws on the sides. I don't know.......................maybe paint them black? The wing isn't overpowering like some I have seen.
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
Is that a simulate CF wrap on those parts? Just curious.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
It's your car - I say if you like it, who cares what others say - but you asked so here's my opinion.

I never liked a scoop that was not molded into the hood/deck lid. It's too easy to go to Pep Boys and buy a "stick on" scoop. However, the carbon fiber look of the scoop is nice. As for the wing - not happening for me. First it looks like a cheaply made wing - bolt together and where the bolts are looks unfinished. The dual wing belongs on something other than an American Classic and the curvature nowhere near fits the lines of the Fiero. It simply looks out of place to me. To me, it looks like something you could buy at the local fart can store and stick it on and be street racing old ladies in Lincolns in a mtter of minutes. Sorry but you asked!

The Fiero looks great though!

Pat

Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
I'm digging it. Wish mine was that clean.

------------------
88 GT "The Stray" 4.9L
86 SE ChopTop 4 Speed 3.4 "The Short Bus" SOLD!
07 Solstice GXP 2.0L turbo
08 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Dually.
05 Tahoe on 20's (Kid hauler)

PFF
System Bot
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post
Strangely enough, I like the wing. I think it looks pretty sweet.

------------------
"He took my stapler. I could burn this building down."

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I like the wing too it suits the fiero in my opinion.

(What annoys me because of the ricers that put super car parts on japanese cars eg carbon fiber and alloy trims on civics that even cars that warrant super car parts are now rice in people eyes for using parts originally designed for real super cars.)

Not saying that we drive super cars but the potential is there. Fiero's warrant the parts more than any fwd hatchback could ever.
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone for your opinion. My inspiration for a black wing on a red car was something like this:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Btw, it looks like a Fiero wing

Let us face it, the wing on the Ferrari (and on my Fiero too) wouldn't fit but i think that is simply spacy and heavy. That makes a change!

The wing and the scoop are on a second decklid so i can change it back whenever i want (at that the double wing are not legal on german roads).

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Is anyone else jealous of the area that MrBoernie gets to take his pictures? Every time I see one of his photos I am impressed. Is this your yard/driveway?

MrBoernie, plus for you for your beautiful car, large crystal clear pictures, and for your rear window decal!

Thanks
No that's not my yard. Its a small road aside the Autobahn A8 near Munich. The road is only for a farmer to get to his growing area/estate. So there are no other cars or people around so it's perfect to make some good pics.

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrBoernie:

Thanks everyone for your opinion. My inspiration for a black wing on a red car was something like this:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Btw, it looks like a Fiero wing

I was looking for wing stands https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080971.html but you give me ideas.
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
I absolutely love the wing! It is awesome. It gives your car a more European style and it looks like a Fiero, not like another wanabe car on a Fiero chassis. Where did you get it? I want one for mine.

Rei Moloon

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 10-12-2010).]

MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post
I don't know the manufacturer of this wing. I get it last year from a local tuning store which was got insolvency. Looks like a individual component for a racing car and not industrially produced.

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Paint a stock wing glossy black.
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
make some CF inner qtr window trim pieces! Now that would be sexy...
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8-P:

I'm not a big fan of the wing but I do love the decklid scoop.

Agreed.
fierogt17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt17Send a Private Message to fierogt17Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

I like the wing too it suits the fiero in my opinion.

(What annoys me because of the ricers that put super car parts on japanese cars eg carbon fiber and alloy trims on civics that even cars that warrant super car parts are now rice in people eyes for using parts originally designed for real super cars.)

Not saying that we drive super cars but the potential is there. Fiero's warrant the parts more than any fwd hatchback could ever.

There is nothing wrong with fwd hatchback hondas, I myself have 2004 Civic si with carbon fiber side skirts. Carbon fiber is not about being a super car its about saving weight. Oh and "ricer" isn't the car , its the person driving the car.

[This message has been edited by fierogt17 (edited 10-18-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2010 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Eh. The JCW carbon fiber parts for the Mini are pretty tasteful for the most part. Beyond expensive though.

I'll probably use some CF on my Fieros. Not sure all where at though. The custom air boxes I build will probably be CF.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Your Fiero is in impeccable shape. WOW. I wish I was driving something like that. One day....
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt17:

There is nothing wrong with fwd hatchback hondas, I myself have 2004 Civic si with carbon fiber side skirts. Carbon fiber is not about being a super car its about saving weight. Oh and "ricer" isn't the car , its the person driving the car.

A mid engined fiberglass RWD car justifies carbon fiber more than a metal front wheel drive car and i stand by that statement. You don't need to justify to me why you are using it. The publics perception of a ricer has changed like the word hoon A ricer can't be that driver without their rice car
http://www.urbandictionary....efine.php?term=Ricer
A hoon once mean't a fast driver it now means hooligan or lout evolution of the urban dictionary i guess thatsrice and other websites were dedicated to the cars.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock