Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Taiwan Modified (Ferrari inspired) Fiero (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Taiwan Modified (Ferrari inspired) Fiero by exoticse
Started on: 09-22-2010 10:49 AM
Replies: 42
Last post by: SMTHGT on 10-04-2010 08:25 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Okay guys let's NOT roast this guy but rather welcome him to the forum. The car was originally a 88GT he purchased back in 2003, all the body work was just completed in august 2010.

He says his car is not a replica or a kit car, but rather just a modified fiero. Not everything is to my tastes but i definatly respect the guy's work. i might lose the ferrari badges (hehehe), but still nice to see fieros are showing up all over the world.

Qoute from the owner and builder:

" This is not a Ferrari Replica or Kit car. Although it is still modified from a Pontiac Fiero. Most of the body parts are first scatched in 3D drawings and then re-layout from FRP. The concepts of the outline came from many Ferrari models ( 328 + 575 + F50 + F355 + 360 +F430). "

Here are some videos of the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eue2LaiR-R8

http://www.youtube.com/watc..._89o&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watc...AsMg&feature=channel

The taillights are aftermarket units from a Honda Accord. "You just have to the cut it out, keep the "round parts. "

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-22-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Cool car. No complants from me.

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
No roast from me, that fiero is awesome! There is very little on it that i don't like. Great combo of different styling put into one Fiero.
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
I don't care what emblems he has on it. Its a pretty slick looking car to me. I love that rear bumper.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

I love that rear bumper.

Yeah that is what jumped out to me, that rear bumper is smokin !

In the third video you really get a good shot of it !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-22-2010).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
I would love to see a list of the parts he used. I really like the rear diffuser and some other components.
Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Okay guys let's NOT roast this guy but rather welcome him to the forum.

Its sad that a thread in here has to start with this.... but anyway

Amazing looking fiero IMO!!!
I am not a big wing fan, but that suits that car to a "T"!!
I want the specs and build info!!!

[This message has been edited by Bump (edited 09-22-2010).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Looks like it was nicely done... the design itself is really nice at the back, the front is pretty good, but the side of the doors and side scoop area don't really "flow" in my opinion.

------------------

Check out my build!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Looks to be very nice bodywork. These Taiwan guys have got the Fiero bug bad too.
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
i love it

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Member
In recent times, the custom aftermarket car/automobile roadwheel has become a status symbol. These wheels are often incorrectly referred to as "rims". The term "rim" is incorrect because the rim is only the outer portion of a wheel (where the tire is mounted )

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
Very nice car. Looks like a tremendous amount of work went into the body. Very stunning.

The Taiwanese car enthusiasts are something else. There's a 1G DSM rolling around from Taiwan that's had all kinds of Ferrari parts thrown on it and looks like a replica JGTC car. Some good pics have surfaced on the net.
PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
i like it, i'd take it & drive it !
17Car

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarDirect Link to This Post
Impressive, Do I spy 300ZX lights in there?
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
This guy does impressive work. He can work on mine any time

Arn
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
That's a sick car! Love the rear bumper/diffuser and the 300ZX lights with that Ferrari style nose. Maybe lose the badging and the roof scoop, and maybe a hood vent instead of scoop, but other than that, its great! How awesome would some mirrors like troyboy's look on that ride? (I believe their F430's?)
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Interior pics?
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
I am diggin' that car!

Beautiful work!

\/\/

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My replacement GT trunk seals are now in production and shipping. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-22-2010 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Given the other current thread talking about a 355 kit on craigslist, I'm surprised nobody's moaned about the wing yet.
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Very cool... I love the rear bumper.. I would lose the badging though... Its not a Ferrari and if he is claiming its not a replica, then, well, yeah. I just wouldn't have them. Personal opinion.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking car. I it reminds me of some Honda prelude in the front meets Ferrari Ala Fiero.
jeff7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeff7Send a Private Message to jeff7Direct Link to This Post
Anyone know what year accord id have to look for to get tail lights like that?
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jeff7:

Anyone know what year accord id have to look for to get tail lights like that?

I sent the builder a link to this thread and an invitation to join the forum so hopefully he will chime in soon.

Apparently it is a common mod in Asia according to him.
jeff7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeff7Send a Private Message to jeff7Direct Link to This Post
that tail light is exactly what I want. Ive seen kaines but me being 18 and having a fiero drains money quick
so id rather glass my own panel.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Okay guys let's NOT roast this guy but rather welcome him to the forum.

Roast him?.....ROAST HIM! Just the opposite! that is a beautiful car! Very nice taking ideas from so many models and putting them all so tastefully together!
What exactly do I like about it.... Hmmmm the front bumper, the headlights, the side scoops, the hood scoop, the rear bumper, the tail lights, the color..... that about covers it

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-23-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
ROAST MY ARSE..... ME WANT, ME WANT PARTS NOW..... Tony, Do you know if hes selling noses', fenders, etc...??? thanks, Smooth

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L-V8
SmoothGT-II

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post

The taillights are aftermarket units from a Honda Accord. "You just have to the cut it out, keep the "round parts. "

Details please!
Found these. http://www.topgearautosport...zza_Tail_Lights.html
Look slightly differnt though

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 09-23-2010).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Those are the first flush mount lights on a fiero that I have liked. He did a great job!
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
One of the nicer cars really done quite tastefully.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
That car is fantastic!! The badging is the only thing I could gripe about .. But the whole combination works very well... Wow if we could get a rear bumper like that over here, I'd be in line with a wad of cash . Love the whole back end, great job all around.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 09-23-2010).]

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
Very sexy car! I love that front end and I really love how it keeps the Fiero GT fastback styling at the same time. Bravo!

------------------

AKA. FieroAlex
Not related in any way to the FieroMontreal club

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Ok talked to the owner he is having trouble registering, and has seen the link to this thread that i sent him. He is going to send me some of the answers to your questions and i will post his replies until he gets signed up !
PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Ok talked to the owner he is having trouble registering, and has seen the link to this thread that i sent him. He is going to send me some of the answers to your questions and i will post his replies until he gets signed up !

Thanks for all you do....
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
That really isn't that bad at all...sides could have been a little smoother....but, hey no complains here. But, that is some ass!!!

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Okay guys let's NOT roast this guy but rather welcome him to the forum....

Whats to roast? Thats a really cool lookin car! Maybe if it had a 2-3" chop, it could help, but the car looks really nice!
SNAPPY829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
There is some real craftsmanship and a lot of effort to come up with some of those ideas. Its interesting how we have evolved our cars here in north america sort of one way (actually many ways) while someone else that has never seen our designs goes about it a totally different way and comes up with some really slick ideas and execution. I like it!!
Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Direct Link to This Post
Very nice! I like it. The only thing that I'm not too keen on is the roof scoop deal. Other than that, I think it's a sweet ride.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
** Post from the owner/Builder **

" Here is my story. My original target was Ferrari 575GTC-looks. Here are pictures of my dream car: "

" For the front of the car, when I first started I founded that the Fiero's front fenders is too short, but since I don't want to stretch the car, I had tried my best to get as close as possible."

"For the rear part, my concept is to combine 360 & F430 look. I only use a 2 inches spacer for each rear wheel, so it is not so "wide" as a 360. I bought an OEM 360 tailights panel and shorten it about 3 inches, as to fit the curvature of the rear fenders. The bumper & diffuser was cloned from a real F430, but of course it was modified a little bit to fit the rear look. "

" But after 2.5 years....now it is the look that you have seen in the previous pictures."

" Now comes to the tailight set; as I mentioned it is a aftermarket tailight replacement kit for Accord (K9). I believe you guys had tried to locate one on internet, I did so last night and find nothing. I think it is no longer available on the market. But funny thing, when I surf the "Mall"section, I found this pic, 4 round taillight sitting on Kenigtr's F40 , check it out.... maybe Koenigtr got a picture of the orignal set before it is cut. "

http://www.madmechanics.com...msg164047/#msg164047

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-26-2010).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
some car enthusiasists,would consider that type of car a "Phantom" or ghost.A replica or prototype of a car that resembles an automoble that does'nt exist.Those kinds of cars a considered rare,and most people look at them as being a very hight price automobile.I've heard alot of good comments at the car shows,when looking at custom cars.................................I think its got spunk.

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 09-27-2010).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Roast, Hell!! Walk him through the registration process and get him on here pronto! Beautiful work!!!

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 09-27-2010).]

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
Looks great to me. I'm not into big wings or the badging and I don't care for the roof scoop but otherwise beautiful.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock