Anybody ever try Fender Flares? by fencerenu
Started on: 09-19-2010 11:17 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: Francis T on 10-08-2010 01:22 PM
fencerenu

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by fencerenu (edited 10-09-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1K

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000055.html

This guy did. I will soon. Just bought a set. I'll post up detailed progress on those for ya.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-19-2010).]

fencerenu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuDirect Link to This Post
australian... dude those rear flares look horrible... droopy lol - they're not good at all

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fencerenu:

BTW - has anybody ever done an IMSA widebody chop top??? I'd really love to see that. If I can figure out how to easily post pics here, I'm pretty good with photoshop and have modded a bunch of Fieros with chop tops and bigger wheels. Takes me about 5 minutes to make it look pretty good.

Are you serious. Check the construction page and look for the Perfect Union (it's the one with the most hits)

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-20-2010).]

fencerenu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuDirect Link to This Post
thanks madcurl - i like that rig a lot, but i don't like those headlights on that car. I like that style on the 300zx for sure, but I like the Lotus style pop ups for a fiero... I guess like many others I have my own vision of the perfect rig.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
http://www.ovis.net/~dmkfiero/

Take a gander through the products there.... There are flared fenders for sale there. I don't know if its enough of a flare for your taste though....
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Another view of my cooky looking car.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Have a head on shot?
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Another view of my cooky looking car.

Try do a search we frown apon doubling up threads.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/104617.html fender flares
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/053634.html Sunbird fender flares
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/047910.html Who was selling flared front fenders?
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/066366.html Bolt on flared guards
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067074.html New idea on widebody (lots cheaper) LOTUS PIC
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067261.html Wide wheels to suit wide bodies.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071642.html Fiero 2m8 LT1 NX Roadster conversion
My build thread
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067740.html
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Yes can fit much wider wheels if i had the $$$ or add a bigger spacer 8.5 in front 9.5 rear

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 09-20-2010).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Flairs are hard to get right on a Car and a Fiero even harder.

There is a V8 Fiero I see with them an they just look really really bad. But once in a while I see one that came out right. I think it just has to do with the style and how they flow into the rest of the body.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Search for the theead "FieroGT stretch concept". Its in the "Construction" section... The member that started that thread did his in the thread. His look AAAAMAZING...

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L-V8
SmoothGT-II

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 09-20-2010).]

fencerenu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuDirect Link to This Post
sorry about the "cooky" comment... The front of the orange rig looks awesome, but that back flare is not for me... to each his own, right? :-)

Thanks for the links... I've been to those pages before and have them bookmarked. This website and the links and pics associated herewith have enveloped my time like crazy! :-)

That stretch GT concept set of flares is awesome and is just about what I'm looking to do. Thanks for that! :-)

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fencerenu:

sorry about the "cooky" comment... The front of the orange rig looks awesome, but that back flare is not for me... to each his own, right? :-)

Thanks for the links... I've been to those pages before and have them bookmarked. This website and the links and pics associated herewith have enveloped my time like crazy! :-)

That stretch GT concept set of flares is awesome and is just about what I'm looking to do. Thanks for that! :-)

If you want to see my car with a smaller flare mind you it looked pseudo till i made it tubbed.
No flare will bolt on an look how you want it fact is you will likely never be 100% happy i will also warn that there would be less work bolting on an entire body.

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004
was a bit of a double post

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 09-22-2010).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004
I probably have the potential of bolting on the fattest wheels ever on a fiero next to the F40 kit i would have a lot more room than an archie kit mind you i do love them and would recommend buying it over going to all the effort of fitting flares right it would be much simpler.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Check out Amida,.he is working on this !

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
Very nice I like Amidas idea for flares.

[This message has been edited by InTheLead (edited 09-21-2010).]

fencerenu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuDirect Link to This Post
i think australian should just let 'em keep on drooping all the way to the ground - nobody needs to see your back wheels anyway lol

PFF
System Bot
teleotti_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for teleotti_GTClick Here to visit teleotti_GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to teleotti_GTDirect Link to This Post
@amida, that's not true, my idea
that's what I will exactly do and got my idea from this...

btw nice work and I would buy this
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I really like what Armida is doing looks great if it was available i would have bought it.

I would really love to make my rear wheels into 12" rims as it should fit if changed hubs etc and fitted a 385/19/25 tire but that really is out of the question due to cost. Good news is because 275-295's are now a small fraction of what they were 10 years ago we can afford them on a 9.5"s. Hopefully in the future more cars are made to fit the tires so they also become more available at a reasonable price i will be ready until then i can push it out further with a larger spacer or have some room to move with a rotor modification.
I really like how it looks in the flesh/plastic/glass as is but i am sure most people would prefer to see me push the wheels all the way out but i am trying to keep the same track as much as possible not just gain effects with a spacer i plan that space all to be rubber one day..
fencerenu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2010 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuDirect Link to This Post
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Hey you missed one here....
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by teleotti_GT:

@amida, that's not true, my idea
that's what I will exactly do and got my idea from this...

btw nice work and I would buy this

This looks ALMOST Pantera looking. Not bad. Too much looks worse than not enough, just dont get carried away. If you dont want to do a lot of body work, look into older Sunbirds and Supras that had bolt on flares to see if you can make them work.

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
The Bandit in mid-engine?

Arn
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Check out Amida,.he is working on this !

Loooking good thus far. From whom did you the flares and they're not Fiero spicific arethey?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock