Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  4th Alps Excursion Bad Toelz/Germany - 56k warning (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
4th Alps Excursion Bad Toelz/Germany - 56k warning by MrBoernie
Started on: 09-06-2010 06:26 AM
Replies: 51
Last post by: fieroluke on 09-12-2010 02:34 PM
MrBoernie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post
Pics from our little meeting last saturday. Hope that's ok to post so much pics...

12 Fieros and a lot of fun!!! Fieros in Germany still alive

------------------
My wife told me to choose: her or my Fieros... I miss her sometimes!

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
silverbullet910

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silverbullet910Send a Private Message to silverbullet910Direct Link to This Post
Alsome pix I didnt imagine there were that many Fieros in Germany.
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrBoernie:

Pics from our little meeting last saturday. Hope that's ok to post so much pics...

12 Fieros and a lot of fun!!! Fieros in Germany still alive

Wow I love what he's done with the lights on this. Any info on what or how he got this look?

Donnie
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Great pix. All of the cars look fantastic. Thanx...

Bob
germangt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for germangtSend a Private Message to germangtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by silverbullet910:

Alsome pix I didnt imagine there were that many Fieros in Germany.

There are lot more off them in germany. Some years ago there was an annual meeting in bavaria.
Most of the time there where about 50 to 70 fieros presenting themself.
We hope, we can reanimate this incredible times. Maybe some other german fiero drivers from PFF will contact me, in order to arrange bigger meetings in the future.
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for sharing that with us.

Very interesting solution here for radiator compartiment cooling.

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08
Work done 08-09
Work done 09-10
Work done 10-11
4.9 ongoing project

[This message has been edited by falcon_ca (edited 09-06-2010).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Great Photos. My eyes were drawn to the plates. Sucks you need to have a front plate on the cars. I lived in Germany for 7 years in Hanau. great time over there.

------------------
1984 Indy Pace car #64 Parade car #4 1985 Fiero GT 4speed
1986 Fiero GT 1997 Supercharged GTP
2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 09-06-2010).]

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
Gee, where they having some kind of sale on Fastbacks over there?
The guy who owns the yellow Notchie must feel lonelier than the Maytag Repairman!

Oh, and very nice pics, especially the close-up of rain on the GT tail lights.

Kit
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
germany is awesome. i wana go there someday!!!
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there next year. My Gt is sitting in Sweinfurt now. I'll be back next april.

How many in the group speak english?

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com 87 Gt-5spd-62k miles.

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Last time I was in Bad Toelz was 1967. Still a beautiful place. Thanks for putting these up for us all.
Joe Crawford
Texas
PFF
System Bot
germangt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for germangtSend a Private Message to germangtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

I'll be there next year. My Gt is sitting in Sweinfurt now. I'll be back next april.

How many in the group speak english?

You are very welcome. I think all of us are able to speak good enough english to keep you busy.
This time fiero1fan was with us also. As you know, he is as you from the USA. Maybe he can translate, just in case. ;-)
Let us keep in touch. Do you know other fieros in germany?

brandon87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donnie072003:

Wow I love what he's done with the lights on this. Any info on what or how he got this look?

Donnie

I agree. I think it looks sharp. Those lights look very familar too. For some reason I was thinking they were 300zx lights but thats not it. Anybody recognize them?
germangt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for germangtSend a Private Message to germangtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Last time I was in Bad Toelz was 1967. Still a beautiful place. Thanks for putting these up for us all.
Joe Crawford
Texas

Has you been based at the flint base of the Army Special Forces Special Operations Teams?
germangt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for germangtSend a Private Message to germangtDirect Link to This Post

germangt

28 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Originally posted by brandon87gt:

I agree. I think it looks sharp. Those lights look very familar too. For some reason I was thinking they were 300zx lights but thats not it. Anybody recognize them?

The turn and fog lights are taken from a Volkswagen Golf III. The small DaytimeRunninglights are aftermarket from Hella.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
it looks like the run for the hills we do here in Georgia every year only a little weter
nice pictures. I would love to be able to go to Germany and join you one day.
keep the fun alive.
D.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm officially jealous. I also didn't know there were so many Fiero owners in Germany. I noticed all were fastbacks except for one lonely coupe, lol
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Well, I'm officially jealous. I also didn't know there were so many Fiero owners in Germany. I noticed all were fastbacks except for one lonely coupe, lol

Last year we had two notchies, Timo with his coupe and my Indy... Here the pix from 2009: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077647.html

Next year i'll take my Indy again to raise up the notchback rate

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by germangt:

Has you been based at the flint base of the Army Special Forces Special Operations Teams?

No, I was doing some training there. I was stationed in Heidelberg for two years. HHC 7th Army.

Bitte ein Bier?
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Bitte ein Bier?

The most important sentence

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
My wife, daughter and I lived in Germany for nine years. We came to love the country, the people, the history (and the bier!!!!) and when it came time to leave, we were all sad. My daughter stayed for two more years and all of us wish we could go back. We were there from 1984 to 1993 and saw the end of Communist rule and heard my good German friends tell me they feared a "...babushka in their garten..."

I recently applied for a job with my old employer and who knows? I may return but without my Fiero because it couldn't pass the TUV(how do you make an umlaut?)emission requirements with the 3800SC and no catalytic converters. Please keep posting pictures of your Fieros!

[This message has been edited by starlightcoupe (edited 09-07-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Schllossquell seit 1753, Das edle Bier aus Heidelberg
Gandalf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GandalfSend a Private Message to GandalfDirect Link to This Post
Some amazing photos there, really well composed and some good effects!

Is the red gt with 5 spoke wheels and Toyo Proxes yours? If so, its my laptop wallpaper!

Looks like you guys had a good little meet, I wish there were more Fieros in the UK... Might have to look towards Europe for events next summer...
Four_hundred_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Direct Link to This Post
thats one lonely notchie. poor little car probably had a stroke trying to keep up
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gandalf:

Some amazing photos there, really well composed and some good effects!

Is the red gt with 5 spoke wheels and Toyo Proxes yours? If so, its my laptop wallpaper!

Looks like you guys had a good little meet, I wish there were more Fieros in the UK... Might have to look towards Europe for events next summer...

Originally posted by MrBoernie:

Yes, this is my 1988 GT. Hey, and the guy on the driver side must be me
How do you see that i had Toyo Proxes on it???

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

germangt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for germangtSend a Private Message to germangtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gandalf:

Are there any more Fieros in the UK? Some years ago there was one at the bavarian meeting near Augsburg. It was an "Finale" Rebody. He achieve an award for taking the longest distance. As much as i know he was the originator of this bodykit and sold it later to the US. Is he still in business, or even own this car?
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the u.k in yorkshire. mines an 87 gt in black/silver and i plan to do a road trip next year

great pics by the way

jon m
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
Is that gas price E1.20 a liter?

Yikes!

That's about $5.80 a US Gallon.. woah.. Although, it seems cheaper than when I lived in the Netherlands in the early 90's, I remember it working out to something like $7/gallon then.. ugh.

------------------

Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Yes there are some of us here that speak English and will be very happy to translate for anyone who needs it. A lot of the guys here speak pretty good English so there won't be any problems.

The Alps meet is always fun with a lot of good people there. I really enjoy going down there.
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post

WOW! What wheels are those?
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
They gave him the wrong plate... LOL
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

They gave him the wrong plate... LOL

We razzed him about that too...
germangt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for germangtSend a Private Message to germangtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaronkoch:

Is that gas price E1.20 a liter?

Yikes!

That's about $5.80 a US Gallon.. woah.. Although, it seems cheaper than when I lived in the Netherlands in the early 90's, I remember it working out to something like $7/gallon then.. ugh.

Yes, this is the cost for 1 Liter in Austria! We special made a detour off 20 kilometers across the border in order to fill the Fieros with "cheaper" fuel. In Germany the fuel is nearly 20 Eurocent more expensive.
germangt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for germangtSend a Private Message to germangtDirect Link to This Post

germangt

28 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

WOW! What wheels are those?

Hi,

these are some no longer produced 8x18inch wheels from "KING" with 225 in front and 245 in rear.
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by germangt:

Yes, this is the cost for 1 Liter in Austria! We special made a detour off 20 kilometers across the border in order to fill the Fieros with "cheaper" fuel. In Germany the fuel is nearly 20 Eurocent more expensive.

ill get my fuel for 60cent / litre ( LPG ) regular fuels is not really cheap atm .

btw . the northern germany Fieros rise the notchback quote at least by 8
germangt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for germangtSend a Private Message to germangtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieromaniac:
the northern germany Fieros rise the notchback quote at least by 8

You are very welcome to join us next year. Maybe we are able to get together more than 20 fieros.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics Mr Boernie! Beautiful countryside. I'm glad to see there are still Fiero enthusiasts all over the world. What modifications do you have to make to your cars for them to be legal in Germany?

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 09-08-2010).]

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Thanks for the pics Mr Boernie! Beautiful countryside. I'm glad to see there are still Fiero enthusiasts all over the world. What modifications do you have to make to your cars for them to be legal in Germany?

If you want to import a notchback you will have to modify at least the Tailights to have yellow turnsignals .
The sidemarkers will have to be yellow an the rear .

emissionsystem can stay as it is , cat has to be ok and you have to pass the emissionstest
germangt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for germangtSend a Private Message to germangtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jon m:

I'm in the u.k in yorkshire. mines an 87 gt in black/silver and i plan to do a road trip next year

great pics by the way

jon m

Hi,

maybe we can help you planning your roadtrip. i am not sure how well your german is, because there is a map of the fieroowners in germany, austria and the nearby countries at www.fiero.de If you want to do a registration there, we can see where you life exactly. So you can meet some german fieroowners along your tour.
fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeDirect Link to This Post
Great pictures, looks like you had a lot of fun with our little plastic cars!

It's too bad I couldn't make it this year, but my car was in pieces and I was away as you know.
But it's back on the road now, thanks to @germangt for the help, brake lines, connectors, etc.!

Firebird BCM is working perfectly, BTW.

I'm really looking forward to next year's alps tour, let's hope fuel prices don't go much higher.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock