Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  How is everyone naming their Fieros? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
How is everyone naming their Fieros? by SOV3RN
Started on: 08-19-2010 02:34 AM
Replies: 84
Last post by: Mini_moosee on 08-26-2010 11:15 PM
SOV3RN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SOV3RNSend a Private Message to SOV3RNDirect Link to This Post
I want a name for my Fiero.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
After the trouble my 85 gave me with not wanting to wake up from its long sleep i named it Renegade.

the name will come to you, just wait
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Mine is Fiero 2M6. It used to say that on the back.

No name here and I guess I just don't get the name deal. I just name kids and dogs. LOL!

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 08-19-2010).]

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
If I pick up the custom plates I'm wanting for it, mine'll be called Haxx0r

------------------

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
I call mine a Fiero.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I have never really developed a name for the car either. My custom plates have read FFORMULA for years, but that is just because it is a Fiero Formula.

The closest it has come to a name is "@*%@& car" when it breaks!
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
I call it "The car" or "My Fiero." My wife calls it "The Clown Car" and my niece calls it "Your loud little car." I really like the car and often call it "winner" when people try to cut me off but otherwise I think it is just a mode of transportation. It helps that I have a 3800SC/4t65e HD combo in it. Not really into naming cars.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Hotrod

Its my hotrod, when we are walking out of the house and my wife asks me what car we are taking I tell her the hotrod if we are taking the Fiero. Its as close a name as any.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
plastic pinto ©
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIERODirect Link to This Post
"My car"
PFF
System Bot
Gandalf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GandalfSend a Private Message to GandalfDirect Link to This Post
'The Pontiac'
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
I'm stuck between "Instigator" and "Scavenger". My Fiero is phenomenal at starting stuff, races, fights, etc. And my Fiero is comprised of mostly excessively cheap parts or parts that were given to me. So, I'm still torn.
Nick_84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nick_84Send a Private Message to Nick_84Direct Link to This Post
The Fiero

I figure this will work until I get another one (only a matter of time now), then I actually have to try and be creative.
IROCTAFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIERODirect Link to This Post
I am 99% sure your Fiero has NEVER started a fight...
IROCTAFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIERODirect Link to This Post

IROCTAFIERO

791 posts
Member since May 2005
or a race
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IROCTAFIERO:

I am 99% sure your Fiero has NEVER started a fight...

Oh yeah it has... between me and my G/F.

THAT DAMN FIERO!

Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoDirect Link to This Post
I started calling mine the "Rumble Seat".
because the engine is in the rear, and it rumbles the seats.

And people ask me where I put the third and fourth passengers, and I point to the rear trunk, and say "In the rumbleseat"
Kind of like a turtle back Model T Ford, with the folding rumble seat.

Took me 2-1/2 years to settle on this, but it suits the car.

Marko
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IROCTAFIERO:

or a race

People that are ignorant of the fact that it has a turd Iron Duke, especially those that feel they have something to prove, usually think I'm trying to race when I pass them on 465, and as such usually take up the (unrequested) challenge and proceed to accelerate up to my speed and most of the time, a little faster. After one such incident, I stopped at a gas station to get something to drink and the guy that thought I was racing made the comment that it wasn't a very fast sports car and wanted to why.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
"Indy" and "GT"

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

People that are ignorant of the fact that it has a turd Iron Duke, especially those that feel they have something to prove, usually think I'm trying to race when I pass them on 465, and as such usually take up the (unrequested) challenge and proceed to accelerate up to my speed and most of the time, a little faster. After one such incident, I stopped at a gas station to get something to drink and the guy that thought I was racing made the comment that it wasn't a very fast sports car and wanted to why.

Its funny no one races my Fiero, I think one guy in the last 2 years. But take out the Vette and everyone want some.
PFF
System Bot
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Its funny no one races my Fiero, I think one guy in the last 2 years. But take out the Vette and everyone want some.

LMAO! I think part of the thing is that I just like to drive fast. If you see me on the interstate doing less than 80, there's been a catastrophic failure somewhere. I also drive really hard, WOT to my cruising speed, the only exception is if I'm in an area that may have kids run out in front of me, but other than that... all bets are off...
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

LMAO! I think part of the thing is that I just like to drive fast. If you see me on the interstate doing less than 80, there's been a catastrophic failure somewhere. I also drive really hard, WOT to my cruising speed, the only exception is if I'm in an area that may have kids run out in front of me, but other than that... all bets are off...

I drive the same way, wide ass open all the way to the speed limit. I have been in races before and didnt know it until I shut down at the speed limit and the guy next to me rockets past.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
I drive my Fiero like the old man that I am until I need to accelerate to get on the freeway or keep someone from cutting me off. The freeway overpass in Monumnet Colorado seems to be a magnet for Escalade, Troopers and other too big vehicles with drivers who have egoes bigger than their cars. They invariably try to run up to the front of the line, put their signals on and cut me off--not other people but the smallest car in line. My 3800SC beats them ten of ten tries. And then they show their IQ and honk their horn.

What really ticks me off is that I always park away from other cars--especially at Home Despot and car parts stores. When I leave the car to go inside, no one is anywhere near me. It has never failed that I come out and can't see my car because it is sandwiched between a HUGE Dodge and a Huge Ford pickup or SUV.
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
I call mine 'car'. I actually named all of my Fiero's that. I named my truck 'truck' lol
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to my wife who named my five year build the "Gay Orange Fiero".

Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Post up some specs and info and a name will emerge.

I've had the "Short Bus", It was yellow and a choptop. It fit. When I first bought it, it was called, "Ole Yeller"

My old 88 GT was nameless. I sometimes called it "Hook". It was always being towed!

My new 88 GT is called the "Stray". It kinda wondered into the yard one night. That's my story anyway.

Katatak and I have come across several Fieros over that past couple of years that end up getting names. We found three red parts cars in Texas that ended up being the "Three Amigos"

I don't know if he named his v8 coupe, but I think "Double Duke" was out there for awhile.

I'm not crazy about giving cars girls names. They should have a non-sex name. My cars aren't people. they are toys. Tear em up! Mom will buy you a new one someday.

------------------
88 GT "The Stray" 4.9L
86 SE ChopTop 4 Speed 3.4 "The Short Bus" SOLD!
07 Solstice GXP 2.0L turbo
08 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Dually.
05 Tahoe on 20's (Kid hauler)

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Azelice.

I look up at baby name sites etc. Decide what Race you want the name from, Gender and Sound.

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Member
In recent times, the custom aftermarket car/automobile roadwheel has become a status symbol. These wheels are often incorrectly referred to as "rims". The term "rim" is incorrect because the rim is only the outer portion of a wheel (where the tire is mounted )

Lone Ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lone RangerClick Here to visit Lone Ranger's HomePageSend a Private Message to Lone RangerDirect Link to This Post
Silver.

Reason probably obvious to anyone old enough to catch the reference! So far, the Mighty Duke has not been able to get it to rear up on its hind legs, though...

I had a new black SE in '84 - same color as my hair. Now that the little girl who occasioned its sale is driving on her own, I have another one. And the color still matches my hair!
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
why do you ask twodogs....?

i name them, but i don't really use the names. they just come to me. a couple have the name on the windsheild, but i still just say the gt, the convertible, etc.

87 coupe, feral
86gt, ice 9 (it's silver)
convertible, sportin' life

some never made it past the project stage but got names anyway in my head
indy, indy
84 coupe , cheap thrill (paid $125 for it)
formula, formula
84 chop top, enigma

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
GIve your car a Native American Name. You look out the window and name the Fiero the first thing you see....

Like mine, "Little Dog Pooping"

OK, that's a really old and pretty bad joke, but it fit so well I had to use it.
PFF
System Bot
SOV3RN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOV3RNSend a Private Message to SOV3RNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

Thanks to my wife who named my five year build the "Gay Orange Fiero".

Dave

This is hilarious.
SOV3RN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOV3RNSend a Private Message to SOV3RNDirect Link to This Post

SOV3RN

223 posts
Member since Jul 2010

Originally posted by mptighe:

GIve your car a Native American Name. You look out the window and name the Fiero the first thing you see....

Like mine, "Little Dog Pooping"

Just smear a little brown paint on the tail pipes.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
My ex called the car "the co-respondant." My new lady calls it "your 4-wheel phallic symbol."

I just call it the GT.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 08-19-2010).]

Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
"The Duke" for obvious reasons...
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
My wife named mine Candi. She said the car needed a stripper name since I was always throwing money at it.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

My wife named mine Candi. She said the car needed a stripper name since I was always throwing money at it.

Your wife and my woman must be Facebook friends or the like...You've gotten that line too, huh?

I've told her strippers are cheaper....they accept singles, the GT takes nothin' smaller than a 20!

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 08-19-2010).]

SOV3RN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOV3RNSend a Private Message to SOV3RNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Your wife and my woman must be Facebook friends or the like...You've gotten that line too, huh?

I've told her strippers are cheaper....they accept singles, the GT takes nothin' smaller than a 20!

She's an escort than.
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
I call it Fiero..if I were to "name" it, it would name it like an actual model. Like Chevelle SS for example.

Anyways my girlfriend calls my Fiero "the Hot Wheel" haha.

------------------

1995 Pontiac Firebird - 3.4 V6 5-Speed (Engine outta commission awaiting for replacement 3.4), 93-97 to 98-02 Trans Am body conversion My Firebird's Cardomain Page
1988 Pontiac Fiero - 2.5 I4 5-Speed My Fiero's Cardomain Page
1995 Chevrolet Camaro - 3.4 V6 5-Speed, engine donor for my Firebird. Whole car or parts for sale so PM me for details.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I dub thee SputterCuss
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock