Started on: 06-23-2010 07:03 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Australian on 06-25-2010 09:17 AM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
http://www.aerokits.net/car...598&products_id=4506

I have no clue what kind of quality this piece is, but it might be good for those of you who are looking to cut up a rear bumper. Amida and some people sell the ferrari style front bumpers. But as far as I know, nobody makes a replica of a ferrari rear bumper. For 150 bucks, it might be worth someone looking into so they can chop it up and make a one off custom piece!

------------------

Check out my build!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Excellent find, a + for u!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I did just that for my choptop and I will say this, it was a lot of work to cut and fit it to the rear of the car. I think I have about 100 hrs in mine and another $300 in fiberglass. it is a good base but that is just the start. you will only use about 40% of it for a fiero. also to do that style you must cut your trunk out, it will not clear.
D.

pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

D., are u sayin that you'd bought this, or that u sculpted this from a Fiero bumper? I ask this, cuz i'd like to know what the part quality may be like?......
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

D., are u sayin that you'd bought this, or that u sculpted this from a Fiero bumper? I ask this, cuz i'd like to know what the part quality may be like?......

No I did not buy that one I did buy another one that I did this with. look at my 88GT custom build thread here on PFF and you will see it.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000013.html

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Direct Link to This Post
Guys...
the add is for a front bumper $149.00 ...the pics are of the rear bumper...not that i need it but has anyone checked which bumper it is that is $149.00? some places might the pic in the add is wrong and try to charge more for the rear one.
for that price it bight be worth cutting and grafting pieces to a glass rear bumper like i have with the wide body.
no i can't....but it is tempting...
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I did just that for my choptop and I will say this, it was a lot of work to cut and fit it to the rear of the car. I think I have about 100 hrs in mine and another $300 in fiberglass. it is a good base but that is just the start. you will only use about 40% of it for a fiero. also to do that style you must cut your trunk out, it will not clear.
D.

I just repaired a really bad bumper in a day. My mates GM HSV hit a kangeroo he knows what i have done to my car had no money and asked if i could perform a miracle he is a panel beater by trade and knew how bad it was. I glassed it all back up it was in 2 pieces and shattered. I did a 90% job on it retaining full strength but left him with perfecting the facia which he did in a couple of hours at work i paid for his glass and bog work i just want gonna sand it perfect for him knowing he is a panel beater by trade. I did feel a bit honored to have a panel beater ask me to make him a glass panel. I could ask him to build a custom steel panel because i have seen him do it but he can also paint which helps me. I was working on his car last weekend while he worked on mine was a bit odd but we both knew we could do better jobs than each others cars so swapped jobs instead of own cars.
Making a bumper fit is a lot different than people realise besides just the chop down center you need to make it sit right on the sides and blend with fenders etc i am suprised that only 300 hours have been spent.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004
really nice price btw $150 well worth a look for those that can fit a body kit.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
one bump
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Actually if anyone is considering buying this ask them to cut it in half and halve the postage.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock