Started on: 06-12-2010 07:12 PM
Replies: 41
Last post by: Gandalf on 12-31-2010 12:00 PM
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to start a thread that lets people know what the community thinks of it's vendors. I don't want a bunch of personal attacks in it. All I want is for people to explain if they have done business with someone, what the service/purchase was, and what the outcome was. They could also include if they would or woudn't do business with them again.

AGAIN... PLEASE DO NOT START NAME CALLING OR MAKING PERSONAL REFERENCES, AND ONLY RATE PEOPLE YOU HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH.

I will start....

Split Second Performance I paid for a 3800 swap and they folded before getting it done. The car isn't even running now. The only good thing is they will never be able to rip anyone else off again after this.

ZZPerformance - Too many parts for me to list. Shipping was average and had some quality issues. Will do business with again.

Thrasher - Pulley for 3800 SC. Shipping was prompt and great quality products. Will do business with again.

Member Rodney Dickman - Adjustable dogbone for my 3800. Shipping was prompt and great quality products. Will do business with again.

Member FieroX - Poly 3800 Engine and Transmission Mounts. Shipping was prompt and great quality products. Will do business with again.

Member Indyellowgt - Used GT Sail Panel. Shipping was VERY poor, showed up weeks late and damaged. Will not do business with again.

Member Fieroparts.com - T-Top seals and handle rebuild kits. Shipping was prompt and great quality products. Will do business with again.

Member bmwguru - No products as of yet, but Dave's taken the time to answer every question I've asked. Will be sending business his way.

I'm sure I forgot some people, I will add them in as my memory gets better. I would suggest people edit their posts rather than making new ones to keep this concise. Just mark ones that were added in some way.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 07-26-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Store:
Cheaply made products, outrageous shipping charges, and the worst shipping guys I have ever seen. I have spent about $2,000 there and every time, I either have something missing or the wrong part shipped.

Fiero Warehouse:
What can I say, Doug produces some of the finest parts. I have his IMSA kit on my '87 and love it.

Rodney Dickman:
New innovative products, fast shipping, and a great person to deal with.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-12-2010).]

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
Fiero Store:
Cheaply made products, outrageous shipping charges, and the worst shipping guys I have ever seen. I have spent about $2,000 there and every time, I either have something missing or the wrong part shipped.

It must depend on what you buy, and where you live. I've only had one issue with them, and it was with either cradle or a-arm bolts (don't remember which exactly). I think I only had an issue then, because the parts were loose. But it was just a missing part. The exhaust I bought several years ago perhaps wasn't the best packaging job; I would agree, but everything was there. And beaing on the east coast, I don't think the shipping charges are that bad. I just get the standard UPS ground, and it shows up in a day or two anyway, because it's not far.

I have to say this aluminum short shifter from them is pretty weird though. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. And I probably wouldn't recommend them in general. But, for some things, there is really only one place to go a lot of times. Sometimes, that place is the Fiero Store.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
PURPLE REIGN
Bought his mounts for my 3.8SC conversion. Great to deal with and got them to me rather quickly.....even though they haven't been used yet . He's always answered my PM's and kept me updated on the status of the mounts.

The Fiero Store
I bought my suspension kit, steering rack, and some other odds 'n ends from them. I was missing something in the shipment and called them right up about it. It was shipped that day and I got it within a couple of days with no hassle. They are always nice when I call and are very helpful.

Those are the only ones I've had any buisness dealings with so far.

Paul

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 06-12-2010).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Just letting you know I'm stealing the emotes for this
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Just letting you know I'm stealing the emotes for this

The what?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Funny, that is one of my points in my post.....there are 3 responses so far about F.S from myself, kyunderdawg, and dobey and all 3 of us were missing parts. Should tell you something

Edit to add......everyone always said "They sent the proper part and made everything right". My point is that with good business practices, you should never have to "make it right". The sale and shipping should be priority....especially with their shipping and "handling" charges.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-12-2010).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 06-28-2010).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

AutoMark

496 posts
Member since Jan 2005

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 06-28-2010).]

sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Store - (Lots of odd ball stuff) Had what I needed, when I needed it. Pricing was a bit higher than I expected, but I was willing to pay it. No shipping issues. Generally, they are still my first stop when I need a part.

TLG Auto - Good stuff (C6 Exhaust Tips, some LED lighting) Got the right stuff and quickly. Good vendor for me

Mr Mike - (Leatherette Seat Covers) AWESOME product, great support, first class vendor. Get some. Seriously.

ZZP - (3800 crate engine, intercooler, cam, pulley, etc) my car is full of their parts for a reason. I've not had a bad experience with them, and would go back again.

BMWGuru - replaced the drive train in my 3800sc, rewired the PCM from tip to tip, replaced front suspension, tuned it all. Says it, does it. I'll continue to go to Dave for everything that I can.

[This message has been edited by sabooo (edited 06-13-2010).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
My vendor experiences from 15 years Fiero ownership, in no particular order.

1) Fiero Store

I've been a satisfied customer for 15 years. What would we do without it!

2) Rodney Dickman

Superb for all the products he has. Last items I purchased were shift and select cables, awesome!

3) Chris Berry

SS engine bay mirrors

4) Mr. Mechanic

Mechanic in Hialeah, FL that I go to: http://www.mrmechanicinc.com

5) Fieros Europe

I have the Hella dual H7 buckets. Great for the selection of products they have

6) Speedhut

Great aftermarket gauges and overlays

7) Mr. Mikes

Seat covers. Excellent product, worth the money

8) Kitcarman

Aluminum dash overlays. Others had a lot of trouble, I didn't

9) Mike Freed

Water diverter for engine bay

10) Norms Fiberglass

Front battery relocation kit

11) Humount

Illuminated flush mounting bracket for head unit

12) V8 Archie

Lebaron brake adapter kit. Had some delivery issues - never got my installation DVD. Sold the parts to someone else, never installed it

13) West Coast Fieros

13" brake kit (used). Packing was insufficient, lucky I got everything alright

Look here for links and contact info: http://www.yellowfiero.com/mods/index.php

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, drilled/slotted rotors, SS brake hoses. PU dog bone, all bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, Rebuilt&blueprinted V6, BORLA exhaust. Mercedes SLK yellow paintjob, Mr. Mikes leather seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 deck and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front, Aus' Stage 2 side scoops, "Fie Ro" extractor front scoop. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet, air intake. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter, SS vacuum lines and deck lid strut. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 06-13-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Store - Always had prompt service. No problems with quality. Will continue to use them

Indyellowgt - Have dealt with him nearly ten years. Always superb service. Will continue to use him

Rodney Dickman - Simply outstanding. recommended

Fiero5 - Disappointing experience, not recommended

Dodgerunner - Prompt, good quality. Recommended

MstangsBware - good service, resonable prices. recommended

edit to add

Fiero Warehouse - Product exactly as discribed, good quality. recommended

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 06-14-2010).]

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Funny, that is one of my points in my post.....there are 3 responses so far about F.S from myself, kyunderdawg, and dobey and all 3 of us were missing parts. Should tell you something

You should've seen the box when it came off of the UPS truck. I know how they handle things, so I don't blame TFS.

I will continue to use TFS when the time comes and money permits.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Store: For the most part, pretty good. I would not hesitate to order from them again. But, theres a but. Their shipping department sucks. I had ordered over $1,100 worth of parts at one time. They all came in one box, with no protection between my new exaust tips, exaust, clutch, suspension pieces, etc. They resolved all of the damaged pieces immediately, and even gave me a Fiero Store gift certificate. Things happen, but they need to step it up in the care of the products during shipping.

DIY-Stu: BEST dew wipes. Period!

FieroKing: Never purchased anything from him, but have gotten loads of advice. Meticulous engine swaps!

My local O'Reillys: Incredible staff. Prompt shipping. Decent prices.

Pennock's Technical Discussions & Questions: A veritable wealth of knowledge. Too many to list, but there are some members that just shine when it comes to helping others with what always seem to be the "worst Fiero problem ever."

TLG: Bought from them before the sponsorship. Packaging, delivery, and products have been first rate.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 06-14-2010).]

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
I'm amazed someone hasn't mentioned The Fiero Factory.
If you need work done, they do it right.
If you need used parts, they have them.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Store:

Grades:
Parts: B+
Customer service: A
Shipping: C
Prices: B

Pros: Good source of any Fiero parts you need, even hard to find ones.

Cons: Prices are a bit high comparied to other vendors. And thier shipping people suck. Iv been using them for 15 years as well. Pretty much every time iv bought something, it arrived in a beat up box (which you could blame ups for) but they arent very good at packing things well.. My GrandAm brake upgrade came with everything just piled in the bottom of the box, with some newspapers thrown on top.. And a few small pieces where missing. (brake line clips, copper washers, and 1 set of pads missing)

Rodney Dickman:

Grades:
Parts: A+
Customer service: A+
Shipping: A+
Prices: B+

Rodney is a great guy.. Gives great advice, and great customer service weather it be email, phone, or here on the forum. As an example, i bought Rodneys aluminum slave, and while i was installing it ran into a problem, and he spent 20 minutes with me on the phone, on a sunday, talking me through my problem and how to fix it.. His shipping is prompt and packing is always well done. His prices are a tad high on some things, but the quality of his parts almost always makes it worth the extra cash..

Fiero Factory:

Grades:
Parts: A+
Customer Service: A+
Shipping: N/A
Prices: B+

Jeremy and his crew are simply the best at what they do. If you have anything that needs upgrading/repairing/maintaining on your Fiero, they will do it perfectly. If you need parts, they basically have any Fiero part you would ever need. With 300+ parts cars, they have pleanty to offer. As for shipping, i have no experience with haveing them ship me something, so i cant comment on that. Customer service is fantastic. Thier prices are a little high, but so is any mechanic/specialty shop. And considering the quality of work they do, the peice of mind you get knowing everything is done perfectly, is worth the extra cash.. Jeremy will not let you leave his shop with your car, untill you are 100% happy with the work done.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 06-13-2010).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Rodney ---- Top Notch -- Quality has a price

Rock Auto --- easy to use catalog -- very fair pricing for "every day" items -- you can choose cheap or quality via the price you pay -- just remember YOU made the choice. shipping not to bad as long as everything comes from the same warehouse! Prompt delivery via ups
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
I never had any problem with The Fiero Store and their shipping is fast to our address but I use USPS exclusively.

Some things (make that "many things") they sell are Chinese but so are O'Reilly's, NAPA, etc. I ordered brake hoses and thought the prices were high compared to local and noted that the American made braided SS steel lines were about $15 more so I returend the Chinese junk and got the braided lines.

I always try to buy American and O'Reilly's seems to sell only Chinese made for the Fiero. NAPA sold me brake rotors for half O'Reiley's prices and both are Chinese made.

I rodded and restored a '53 Chevy pickup and if you want very bad service and parts, buy from the vendors who support the "classic" car and truck community. The only exception is Borgeson--great American made products and great service.
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

I'd like to start a thread that lets people know what the community thinks of it's vendors. I don't want a bunch of personal attacks in it. All I want is for people to explain if they have done business with someone, what the service/purchase was, and what the outcome was. They could also include if they would or woudn't do business with them again.

Michael, don't forget the free technical support from the Haus....j/k

Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

Michael, don't forget the free technical support from the Haus....j/k

Dave

Absolutely...fixed

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Factory................. Great service and products. Great prices.

Rodney Dickman.................. Great service and fantastic products. Good prices considering on some of the stuff he is the only source. Thanks Rodney.

The Fiero Store........................Some good parts received, also Questionable to poor quality parts received. POS brake slider boots! All 4 New Radiator hoses had fit issues. Service ok. Most products are priced over normal retail. Napa has better pricing.

Tire Rack................................Great products, service and pricing!

AutoZone................................Ok products, some have been junk. Local store seems to always be out of parts. Pricing a lot higher than Meijer.

Advance Auto..........................Good products and ?? pricing. Meijer still smokes them on pricing on some items.

Steve W.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 06-13-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Fiero store- They have never treated me bad. there was one time it took them forever to get me a part but it arived and it wasent one of thoes things that was holding me up. i find if i go through there cheap shipping thepart gets to me a lot quicker rather than there expensive shipping. all in all i have no problem with the fiero store but there not always my 1st choice for part's.

Rodney Dickman- what can i say if it says rodney dickman its going to be grade A. I currentley have his clutch line replacement and his getrag slave cylinder in my 87 GT and they work perfectley if he has the part im looking for i go through him before any of the competetors.

Kris Munson- i have his flush mount headlights and have no problem's with them. I was lucky enough to get a hold of him just as he was finishing an unclaimed set and got them very quickley and at a good price.

JimmyS- Though i did not buy them directley from him I have his reach through sail pannels and they are great. there made very well and go in very easly. I have talked with Jimmys on the phone a number of times and he is a really cool dude.

Fiero wearhouse. I did not buy it directley from him but i owne one of his 355 front end's and it is great. before i got it painted i bottomed it out a number of times and no one chip or crack in it the craftsmanship is perfect.

Fiero1fan- Though they are not on my car i had a set of F1F headlight bucket's Gen1 and there craftmanship is top notch. i have been able to talk to F1F on the phone and he is a really nice guy as well.

DIYstu- I do not have any of stu's product's on my cars at the moment but as soon as i can im getting his dew wipes for both my cars. I have met stu in person on the tyler build and get the pleasure of talking to him on the phone from time to time and he is a real great guy and a good friend.

Pisa- I have there corvette taillight pannel and it is not bad but deffenetley not worth what they charge for it it is basicley a fiberglass peice that fits into your fastback taillight area and you have to use your own method of holding them down. mine was to drop a few panhead's through the decklid into the housing itself all in all it works thats all i can say if i had to do it again i would go and but a KAhines pannel.

V8 Archie- I have his rocker pannel's and again dident buy directley from him. I emailed him about info on installing them and he never got back to me. I dont know why but I assume he was very busy. I got them installed myself with a few hangup's but nothing i couldent figure out only real problem they gave me was when installed you have to shave down the inside of the fender so the door dosent pinup aganst the fender. There worth the effort to put on and archie is the only source for them.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-13-2010).]

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
FS. Over the years I've ordered loads of stuff from them, only ever had one problem with a wrong part. box was correctly labeled, part inside was wrong. The shipped me the correct part by return. People seem to knowck them for their shipping costs but I got an exhaust system from them and ups ground was dead cheap (under $20 I seem to recall). Not bad for a big, and pretty heavy item. Sometimes their prices are higher than other places but if I am buying a few parts I'll go to them, keps them in business and our cars on the road! Personally I think they do a great job helping a minority section of the car community.

Rock auto.
Cheap prices generally, good shipping, never had a problem.

Rodney.
Nothing to say really is there. One of the best vendors out there.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Rodney Dickman: Quite possibly best online vendor experience anywhere...

Fiero Store: Can't beat the selection and availability... questionable/poor build quality on certain reproduction pieces, prices and shipping could be better.

Fiero Fiberglass: Nothing but the best. Great quality parts, great service!

Synthesis: Great parts, great support!

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Are we talking about Fiero-related vendors, or automotive vendors in general? Anyway, here is a list of the Fiero-related vendors I've done business with.

** POSITIVE EXPERIENCES **

The Fiero Store -- I've ordered parts from them several times over the last 10-12 years, and only had one shipping snafu. They fixed it quickly. That said, some of their parts are great, and some are cheap garbage. Learning which is which could take up a whole thread by itself.

Rodney Dickman -- I've ordered parts from him several times over the last 8-10 years, without a single hitch

The Fiero Factory -- I've ordered parts from them on several occasions. They're easy to work with. But their parts can be pricey.

Mr Mike -- Bought some visors from him, and am very pleased

TLG Auto -- Bought some LED lights from him, and am pleased

Fiero Warehouse -- Bought some door weather strips from them (aka "dew wipes"), and am pleased

Norm's Fiberglass -- Bought a front-mount battery kit, and am pleased

Trueleo -- Bought their exhaust headers and a custom-built intake manifold. They need to buy / hire a better welder. But aside from that, no complaints.

Fierosails -- Bought a firewall heat shield template and a couple emblems, and am pleased

West Coast Fiero -- Bought a pair of modified front '84-87 hubs from them. FedEx lost the package, and after filing a claim with FedEx, they sent me another set.

Marc Fisher (PFF username "Gwain") -- Had him machine a set of hub-centric rings for my aftermarket wheels, and am pleased

Sinister Performance (PFF username DarthFiero) -- Had him program a GM 7730 ECM, and am pleased

Moates.Net -- Bought a chip programmer, chip, and adapter from them. Shipping was fast. Parts work fine. I wish the chip programmer came with a user manual, though.

** NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES **

PISA -- Bought their Scarab nose, and to put it bluntly, it's a piece of crap. They damaged it while pulling it from the mold, and sold it to me anyway. Plus, it didn't fit properly. And the nose isn't symmetrical.

Purple Reign -- Bought a pair of modified '84-87 front hubs from him. It took a long time (a couple months) to get the parts. And the parts that arrived looked like they had been machined by an epileptic monkey. I replaced them with the set I got from WCF.

Note: I may have forgotten a couple vendors. I'll add them in later, if that's the case.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 07-26-2010).]

Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I have thought long and hard about how to state my experiences with V-8 Archie.

I have no money... and I know a lot of you can relate to this!

My wife and I built Archie's website... well... mostly my wife, but she loves Fieros too.

Now, we still "owe" Archie updates, and I feel guilty that we have not done so in a long time... but this goes in favor to my testimonial... please stay with me here.

My first impression of Archie was probably the end of my feelings of how he could be in business still... HE answered the phone. This to me, is a HUGE thing. Someone who is as big in our community to still answer the phone... that amazed me.

Anyways, I made a deal with him in trade for reworking his website... little did I know, he would compensate me WAY more than I ever anticipated!

Rocker panels and dash kit was the deal. Delivered as promised. About a year later, I call up Archie with a problem. I just bought an '88 base model SE with a 5 speed transmission for $500, and found out through my mechanic (btw, who was hooking me up, doing all the repairs for only $500 more) that my transmission was shot. Long story short, after several orders of $150 transmissions (all ended up being Getrags, not Isuzus), my mechanic told me he could not order any more... then came my call to Archie.

NOW, I was just looking for advice... NOTHING MORE, NEVER ASKED. Archie simply asked for my address after telling me he had a few NEW Isuzu transmissions in stock. I was in total shock. I explained to Archie that I could not afford this... no way... no how... and he chuckled a bit and changed the subject.

A few days later, a BRAND NEW ISUZU 5 SPEED TRANSMISSION showed up at my doorstep via UPS. No charge, no IOU, no nothing... just a new transmission sitting in my driveway.

Now, I know that Archie helped out the guy who built his original page to an extent I could not fathom (bought him a car if I remember correctly), but in my wildest imagination, I would never have thought that anyone would straight up give me a brand new transmission, let alone pay for the shipping half-way across the U.S.

Archie is the SOLE reason I can even drive one of my three Fieros to date.

Am I saying he is the best... NO. I am simply stating that Archie is a very compassionate and caring individual. From working on his site, I can say that he has been through a lot, but still wants to provide the best product and service he knows how to.

So, with this stated, I have to give this man... a man who loves our cars sooooo much, a phenomially HUGE THUMBS UP, even though I have never paid him a penny.

Archie, I thank you immensly.

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'86 GT
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

njcwgrl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

This thread is Great for us newbe Fiero owners. I have learned Alot here. thank you everyone..Is there a way that the links can be in the replies? If not how do we find these vendors?

Thank you,
Shannon
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by njcwgrl:

... how do we find these vendors?

Look at the very top of any page on this forum, and I do mean the VERY top. See above the car, where it says "Fiero Parts Vendors"? That opens another window with a long list of vendors and their info. I don't know if it has everyone mentioned thus far in this thread, however.

Edit: I also don't know how up-to-date that list is.

Disclaimer: Cheever3000 has no relationship with, and makes no recommendation for or against, the vendors on the aforementioned list. Reader of this post assumes all risk for any business dealings made by the acquisition of this information. Batteries not included. So there.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 06-28-2010).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Rodney Dickman- Absolutely first rate!

Fiero Store- Never had a problem, will continue to use, though I agree shipping is kind of high.

Fiero Factory- Never had a bad experience. Highly recommend.

Archie- will never recommend to anyone, though that is just my personal experience. Many others who have dealt with him have nothing but good things to say.

West Coast Fiero's- Terrible experience time after time. Don't recommend. Poor quality products, poor customer service, over priced products.

ZZP- Highly recommend.

Intense Racing- Don't recommend.

Chris Cook- (Makes GT quarter windows) HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Mr. Mike- Unbelieveable quality! Recommend every day!

Fierosails.com- Highly recommend.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Had good service from these vendors/people:

Mr. Mikes - great quality leather seats and steering wheel cover.
Rodney- Lots of small stuff, a cat, a headlight kit, etc...all very good.
FieroSails - Sail panels and several decals (he custom made a two-tone pegasus for one of my hoods)
Fiero Store - all my stuff was packaged well -(sway bar, plug wires and some other parts) FAST shipping
Kick Hill - I went there, and bought some little things...
FieroFanaticus2 (forget how to spell his hame right now - you know him -the "tint" guy)- his kit was great.
Jazzman - I sent him my column that had a U-joint issue, he fixed it very fast.
FieroParts- front plate holder for decent price.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by njcwgrl: This thread is Great for us newbe Fiero owners. I have learned Alot here. thank you everyone..Is there a way that the links can be in the replies? If not how do we find these vendors?

You can generally find them using a search engine, like Google.

All kidding aside, I edited my list to add website links.
PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Back to page 1 we go....
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I almost forgot about this thread. I'm going to add it to my favorites, and try to keep my list updated. This thread could turn out to be a very valuable resource.

Oh, and one more time, is this thread just for Fiero-related vendors, or automotive vendors in general?
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Well, I have dealt with many vendors..

Rodney Dickman - Awesome products, fast shipping. One of the best vendors for any car community you can find.

Fiero Store - Good products, decent shipping... Damaged boxes on arrival in many cases caused by poor packing. Have seen improvements. Very supportive during the Tyler build.

DodgeRunner - Tensioner Bracket... Best engine product I have ever installed on my car. Brackets can be found in the Mall.

Synthesis - Wiring products that meet/exceed OEM quality. Extremely poor shipping, major delays. Have to keep prodding him to get product ordered.
Lone Ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lone RangerClick Here to visit Lone Ranger's HomePageSend a Private Message to Lone RangerDirect Link to This Post
Don't know how hard it would be to do, or how to officially suggest it, but some sort of rating system like ebay has could be helpful. The ebay rating system is not without flaw but at least you know what percentage of buyers had a problem and you can look up the specifics if you want to. You also have a solid transaction number to measure the percentage against. When I see someone with a very high number of transactions with a high percentage rating to go with it, I feel pretty safe doing business with them. Similar info often gets imparted conversationally here on the forum, but it often seems to involve dozens of "I got burned before..." "Here's 16 different opinions on how you could reassure us..." "Yes, but..." messages to get a feel for the situation. I'm sure many enjoy that conversation and would rather post a bunch of back-and-forth messages...but I'd rather see some numbers up front. Save the conversations for the folks working on their first offering.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I almost forgot about this thread. I'm going to add it to my favorites, and try to keep my list updated. This thread could turn out to be a very valuable resource.

Oh, and one more time, is this thread just for Fiero-related vendors, or automotive vendors in general?

I'd think to keep it somewhat related to Fieros, but I'm not all that interested in policing it either, so maybe we could make another non-fiero general vendor thread? Just a thought. I just want to make sure there's a resource for people that are looking for one. I would hate for someone to make the mistake of trusting someone who has a history of ripping people off or having poor quality just because they didn't have anywhere to look.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 07-26-2010).]

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
infinitewill New GT trunkseals !! That's something I never thought we would see.
The Fiero Store Yes, the occasional wrong part but it was always made right.
Paulv A pleasure to work with.
thefierofarm.com

------------------

"Life is short.
Drink the good wine first"

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
bump
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
up we go
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock