Now, WHAT IS IT..???? by SMTHGT
Started on: 05-10-2010 07:52 PM
Replies: 67
Last post by: SMTHGT on 05-16-2010 10:25 AM
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks LITE... I remember you from before.. <----- to STIMPY... MUDDY was aka. GALEN WHITE88CPE... anyways, he was one of the trolls...
IP: Logged
DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'm still here.

Up until about a week ago, I was annoying the hell out of most everybody in Tech, regarding my 4.9 / Allante swap that I can't get the part throttle ping out of.
I finally put it aside for a bit (put a cover over it, and parked it in the corner) while I do a few other things.
Will probably get back on it this week.
Or not.

Good to see you back!
What's shakin'? (I know you said "4.9" but that's a pretty broad spectrum.)

Take care.

Forum wouldn't be the same without Raydar
DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post

DotTC

2345 posts
Member since Nov 2003

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Thanks LITE... I remember you from before.. <----- to STIMPY... MUDDY was aka. GALEN WHITE88CPE... anyways, he was one of the trolls...

I was never a troll, just liked to point out my opinion.. seems people didn't like me doing that. And apparently didn't like me controlling the forum chat.(which cliff never had an issue with)
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DotTC:

I was never a troll, just liked to point out my opinion.. seems people didn't like me doing that. And apparently didn't like me controlling the forum chat.(which cliff never had an issue with)

haha, I knew if I said 'troll' it would get your attention... lol How are you Galen..?? No hard feelings from the past, glad to see that you are still here... ohh, please post your age Mr. Muddy...
Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTDirect Link to This Post
One thing I miss the most is rogergarrison's (If I remember correctly) posts of his Fiero's with Hooter's girls. Those were the best.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arizona85GT:

One thing I miss the most is rogergarrison's (If I remember correctly) posts of his Fiero's with Hooter's girls. Those were the best.

Mr. HOOTERS... I remember...
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Im here and dont plan on leaving any time soon.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Here.
I don't get caught in the BS here anymore. When the young punks come on and tell ya you are wrong, do it this way, I give up trying to teach anyone the correct way to do things. So I sit back and watch the dumb advice that is given out alot of the time. And Laugh.

Skitime is still around, I think he feels the same, tired of the BS that flows here.So he watches every so often he will post. he will sell his car if you have lots of money.
Jazzman has left the place. he is tired of the crap that came his way. I still talk with him. he is into motorcycles now.
Cardealer, well he lost instrest in fieros for the most part. scammer, glad he is gone.
Stimpy and a bunch of "others" moved to the dark side, ( RFT) web site. when the trouble makers get kicked of the island, they go there for a while then come here under new names till they are figured out.mainly for causing trouble..again.

I don't know how much longer this thread will go on, before a toe gets stepped on and a flame suit is needed.

So did you get a fiero yet? where are the pics??
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
kev... thanks for the info... Fiero..?? You think I would have one..?? Maybe one w/ a tractor motor.....

////edit//// see sig.
------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 05-12-2010).]

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
I havent been here for a long time either, and am fairly new, so i dont know the forums and its members history.. But i do notice alot of drama that happens around here sometimes. Which i find kinda strange on a car forum..

Im not new to Fieros though. My dad bought a kickass black little 86 2M4 brand new, when i was a kid growing up. Fell in love with the car instantly.. (even though i was only 9, my dad was a car guy, and i was the kinda kid who was into everything my dad was into..lol.)

When i turned 16 me and my pops went car shopping.. I had $4000 too spend, so i was looking for a CamaroRS. Looked at quite a few, but none of them in very good shape.. We gave up for the day, and i was dissapointed, but on the way home, we passed by this small little car lot.. You know the kind, gravel lot, one little trailor, and a few cars.. Dad spotted something red, with a big spoiler on it.. So he wanted to check it out.. Pulled in and there it was.. Bright red 86 SE 2M6.. Guy wanted $5000 for it, dad haggled him down to $4000, and we took it home.. Drove it all through highschool, and college.. Then i got real sick for a few years, so it sat for a long time. But 6 months ago, after a long recovery, my first goal was to bring my Fiero back to life, and fully restore it. After having the car for 16 years, i wanted it to be like new again.

So far its gotten.

All new brakes, lines, rotors, bearings, and grand am upgrade for the front.
KYB stage 2 suspension upgrade, lowered 1", with all poly bush.
Ocelot exhaust, with straight pipe.
Rebuilt Tranny.
Heavy duty clutch. With all new clutch hydrolic system.
Rebuilt headlight motors.
"Cold air intake".
Full tuneup, plugs, wires, ect..
Put some red bucket seats in.
GT Grant steering wheel
Short shifter.
New Eagle GT tires.
Replaced all the fuel lines, and pump.
Poly dog bone.
and a bunch of other regular maintinence stuff..

Car is nearly done mechanically, im going to put in a brand new 3.4L in about 3 months. After that, ill finish up the interior, and give it a paint job.. My car

So there... Now you know me.. .

Im Brian, and im 32...

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 05-12-2010).]

DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post

haha, I knew if I said 'troll' it would get your attention... lol How are you Galen..?? No hard feelings from the past, glad to see that you are still here... ohh, please post your age Mr. Muddy...

I'm good.. working way too much for way too little pay, if you ask me. Working in the public in this area is like working in a warzone. No hard feelings? Of course not, I don't hold grudges m8, lifes too short to hold grudges. I'm 29 btw, without the 11 years of experience.. Sorry to hear about your car, my pos, I mean car is still sitting and waiting to be finished.
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Smooth, I remember reading all your posts. Too bad you car did not survive. I am on my third 88, and still have the second one too. Wife is concerned I am turning into a hoarder Glad you are back!
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Galen... Sounds like you need a paper route... RICK, thanks, I remember you as well. hoarder..lmao CLIFF, you here..??
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
I'm still around too. A little older, a little wiser and much more humble. I do my best to avoid stirring the pot these days. ;p
It may not be a perfect forum but it's the only one I've got.

~Tyler

------------------

Originally posted by Fieray3800:
What is GT-X and where is it located?
John Miller

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John MillerSend a Private Message to John MillerDirect Link to This Post
On my 4th project now, 89 Lambo kit. SB fiero, big block fiero, 4 X 4 fiero. Still working on the Lambo. Sold both the small block and big block (took 1st place at Carlisle - best engine, last year). The 4 X 4 was fun to build and I should have it ready for Carlisle this year. I'm 48
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks John... can not wait to see the 4x4... GTX... yeah, its been awhile. Where would we be w/out PFF...???
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I know one thing has changed since you were last here: I have 5 more years of experience working with fiberglass... and it's all your fault... LOL

Reading about your work on the "Smooooth GT" helped me work up the courage to try it for myself. And things just kinda snowballed from there.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
<==== Dabbling in Phase 4B

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

It is only the most beautiful Fiero I have ever laid my eyes upon, and that's a lot coming from me, because I love my 87. He lives somewhat close to me and I have had the honor to see the car in person. He doesn't seem to be too into the Fiero scene as strongly as he used to, but you know what they say, "It's lonely at the top".

Rodrv6

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Direct Link to This Post
I'm still here, although I don't post much except for the tech section from time to time. I'm pushing 52 and still have the 88 GT I bought in 2000. I tend to stay under the radar, hence the fairly low post count. I do check the forum every day, but not as often as I used to. Other interests (a kit plane and working on Warbirds) tend to take more time.........

------------------
Rod Schneider, Woodstock, Ga.
"You can't have too many toys!"
1988 Fiero GT
1985 Porsche 944
1966 Porsche 911
Van's RV-6 airplane-under construction

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Public forums take on the personality of the strongest personalities--good and bad--and evolve or devolve depending on your personal view. They seem to be cliquish with respect to age, location, political affiliation, ability etc. I see this forum as no different from others I have been involved with. I made the mistake of going to the OT section when I first joined last fall when I should have read the tech questions, the archived builds, this section, etc to get a feel for the forum personality and to learn about the Fiero.

My Fiero is just about mechanically finished thanks to Mike Gonzalez and Darth Fiero but I need some interior work and paint but I read nearly every post about engines, paint, etc. I read fewer and fewer posts from the OT forum because I can get political opinion from just about any other source and I am more interested in the Fiero than to debate someone when both our minds are probably closed. Exercises in futility remind me of Einstein's definition of insanity.

I hope this explains my take on "WHAT IS IT...????"( Or "What it is?")

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I know one thing has changed since you were last here: I have 5 more years of experience working with fiberglass... and it's all your fault... LOL

Reading about your work on the "Smooooth GT" helped me work up the courage to try it for myself. And things just kinda snowballed from there.

Thanks Blacktree... VERY few know, but "SmoothGT II" is underway. I wont be doing any build threads this time around... Stay tuned. ...

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Smooth..... I'm still here.

Sorry to hear your car was crushed. I know you had a lot of work in that thing. I still am on here 2 or 3 times per day. Since I joined I have had 2 kids and finished my IMSA project listed in my signature. There are still some of the old group on here. Cali is still around and making improvements to his car. Frankly the last 5 years have been poetty good. Sorry you missed them. Yes there is a group that went to RFT but to each his own.

Tyler's Toy was a breakthrough for the forum. I have never seen so much from a group of gear heads. Fantastic. Also there are a lot of younger people on here now too. That is also great to know because the Fiero will continue to get support for years to come.

Sounds like we are about the same age. I will be 40 in August.
Hope your new project works out for you. Post pictures when you get a chance.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Paul.... Yeah, I was still here when you were building that MONSTER. Glad to see some of you old timers still here, well I guess since I am 40 now, I should say US old timers. Thanks for the luck on the new project, I will need it with some of the stuff I am going to try to pull off on this one....
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I'm still here. Getting pieces together for my insane thoughts.
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
I'm still around, not sure how many remember me though as I wasn't much of a standout. I had a ton of projects that were started, some finished, some abandoned, but a lot of solid ideas. I sold my 88 cjb t-top formula w/ loyde swapped 3800sc2. I had almost 3x in it what I sold it for.... I was a stupid high school kid back then with more money than brains. I had to sell it to start my life (move out of my parent’s house, buy a house, get married, etc...)

About 2 years ago now I picked up a local 86SE for $900... It has sat since then, collecting parts for one hell of a project.

I'm about to turn 25, been here since late 2002

[This message has been edited by Nebiros88 (edited 05-15-2010).]

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

... "SmoooothGT" actually got crushed...

Welcome back!

wow....I hadn't heard that SmoooothGT is no longer. Sorry to hear. I had always wanted to see it finished.

One of the things that kind of pushed me back a bit was the crappy post manners. Kids that cannot spell, people that don't use any punctuation, posts by some of the newer users that use text lingo instead of complete sentences. Irritating. If I have to really try hard to read a post I won't read it. I'll skip it. I would think that if someone is asking a question they would post in a way that would foster good relationships with the people that have the knowledge....not make them fight for information. That and the ones that answer questions that they have no knowledge about......"I've never done that but I read somewhere.......". Now that's great to offer information if no one else is answering the question, but when you have trained and experienced people answering first with a good suggestion/explaination and these idiots chime in and " guess " at the answer it's really irritating. As I get older I don't tolerate stupid people as much....I'm getting more and more alergic to them every day. I've been spending more time on here lately and I've noticed the changes myself and hopefully we can get the kids to type and punctuate......but we'll see.

Mark the paint guy

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 05-15-2010).]

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I killed your thread....
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Sorry I killed your thread....

ONLY Cliffs keyboard has that power. It is the weekend, RUKUS going on here in Texas (which I am missing again.) People are busy, it ok...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock