Jarhead 2M4 by AutoMark
Started on: 03-07-2010 01:06 AM
Replies: 89
Last post by: uhlanstan on 07-16-2010 11:26 AM
AutoMark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:

Blake, Mark - sorry I couldn't meet up Sunday night. Was a very tough couple of days with my second family. I know y'all understand.
Please continue to update us on the status. I may very well try to make it back up there on Thursday to see him if anyone else wants to meet.

No problem... I do understand and its cool! Ya if your back around Thursday call (You should have my number, if not PM me) and I'll meet ya. Thanks
IP: Logged
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear he is back on his feet.....I knew when he got that bike that it was not a good idea.......

ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Great to hear that he's recovering seemingly quick! Sounds like he'll be alright...

If I'm not out of line in asking, can anyone explain the details of the accident at this time? I always want to hear how things like this happen so I can be more aware of those particular types of situations while I'm out there (and so I can share with others).
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

If I'm not out of line in asking, can anyone explain the details of the accident at this time? I always want to hear how things like this happen so I can be more aware of those particular types of situations while I'm out there (and so I can share with others).

I dont know if the police report has come out yet with that info... But if I hear or get that info, and its ok, I'll post it.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
With any luck... Bryan will be able to type that spiel online for us in a few days.

cheever3000 (his Dad) is staying with me, and spent most of the day at the hospital today.
He said Bryan is feeling a little cooped up... I think he's wanting to get his release soon.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

With any luck... Bryan will be able to type that spiel online for us in a few days.

cheever3000 (his Dad) is staying with me, and spent most of the day at the hospital today.
He said Bryan is feeling a little cooped up... I think he's wanting to get his release soon.

POOR Cheever3000.......
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
I met Bryan at the 25th show, and being a former Marine myself him and I hit it off real well. I'm really glad to hear he's improving and on his way to a speedy recovery!! -Jason
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:

Ok... I talked again to his girlfreind and... she said he's doing pretty good! He is able to get outta bed on his own! He is talking and she said he's all with it and knows where he's at! So... all good news and looks like he's movin down that road to recovering quick. I'll update with anymore as I get it.

Judging from the time of your post last night, you may have talked to her after I left. Here's the update I sent his mom ("Cheever-ex") this morning, when she asked how he was doing after she had to leave:

"He was quickly getting better in every way. We even walked with him down the hall. He was feeling great and wanted to leave. A dr was supposed to come see him and maybe let him go but never came before I had to leave but he & his g/f were packed & ready. His speech was better but he still chose some strange words to use at times. Was a long time before he had a sample in the cup for them to test so maybe it depended on that. I heard nothing more since I left last night."

That's probably more than he would have wanted me to tell, but hey, I'm way out of arm's reach now! I'll add that his g/f is really taking great care of him.

Blake, thanks for the awesome hospitality! Terrific place you got there. I got your voice mail between flights today, but yeah the rental car return was right where you pointed to on the map.

Steven: thanks anyway (regarding transportation). I appreciate the offer.

I would much rather have to travel suddenly for a hospital visit than for a more somber reason. Bryan surely doesn't feel like celebrating, but I am just very glad he made it through this. The first time I saw him was kinda depressing, but he's making a very speedy recovery. His brother and sister have had some close calls lately, too, so we take any good news we can get.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Cheever3000

12397 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Well I just got some disturbing news but I'm not sure I should make it public yet. Let's just say he's not out of the woods yet, so keep the prayers & vibes & crystal-rubs coming. This could be a long haul for Bryan.
monkeygirl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for monkeygirlSend a Private Message to monkeygirlDirect Link to This Post
I will keep praying for him. . .
faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoDirect Link to This Post
Good vibes sent...
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Bump
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Hey all... Me and Tim (CenTexIndy) went and saw Bryan tonight. Um... Um... He looked good and recognized me and was able to have some conversation with us. At one point he got up and walked for a few! We stayed for bout an hour till we tired him out with Fiero stories and then left.
Yall he is talkin and walkin, but... just keep all the thoughts and prayers up. He's got a ways to go, and some other things going on. Keep em up as it is helping, but, he needs alot more of it.
Thanks all
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Cant believe I just saw this thread! I hope Brian is alright.
Prayers, good vibes all headed his way.

Zach
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Still praying for him. I hope all ends well!
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Figured I'd bump this, as I got a call askin if there was anymore info. I have not recieved any calls or text and am not sure when or if I willl. Blake saw him Friday but I'll let him post info on his visit if he wants to.
One thing I will say is that again he's got a ways to go and he needs all the thoughts, prayers and pullin for him we all can do.
If I do get any info it'll be posted... but its just a wait and see if I do.
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDDirect Link to This Post
Tell him a old SEABEE said that the "straight down the middle" stuff is OK in the usmc, but you don't have to do that every time.
USN seabee 1968 to 1990, usmc fan forever.
Custom84cp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom84cpSend a Private Message to Custom84cpDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this thread and I'm shocked...
Brian is a great guy, I'm sure he will pull thru!
Good luck Brian, see at the RRR.....

Steve
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
God bless him in his hopefully complete recovery; our thoughts are with ya!
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Good vibes and prayers sent for a speedy recovery.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Okay, I just got off the phone with his mom. It was NOT a hit-and-run, she has seen the police report, and the driver of the car that turned in front of him did NOT flee the scene. Plus, they had insurance. It was not Bryan's fault.

Seems he does not remember the entire period of time when I was there visiting. In fact, he called his mom Saturday night and said "I've got some bad news. I was in an accident." Of course she told him about all the people who visited him at the hospital, including me, but he doesn't remember any of that. So if you visited him, then visit him again!!! He needs visitors. He is now in the main building of JPS, on the top floor.

Yes, he's still in the hospital, awaiting the insurance company's bureaucracy to kick in and get him sent to some kind of therapy/rehab/whatever facility near Houston. I'll let him explain any more than that, if he wants the details to be public. No, nothing terrible, I just want it to be HIS decision how much more is told. I don't feel it's my place to say more without his approval.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 03-17-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks so much for the update!
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to read about Brian this way, it kinda hits home related to an accident that I was in many years back, wishing Brian a speedy recovery !!!

I had some similarities to what I've read about Brian above, regarding the Memory issues. My severe concussion (80mph head on - unconsciousness for a little over 30 minutes) had me mentally messed up for about a week and a half, great difficulty doing anything that required continual mental processing with purpose building. I could read, but when I got to the end of the sentence, I couldn't remember what I had read, same with visitors, watching TV, etc. Walking was slow an difficult and when you got to where you were going you didn't know why you where there. I hope this issue with Brian is the same as mine was, and he returns full strength in a little while.

The body, while resilient, certainly does not like Hi G Impacts, it is surprising what the body/mind can mend/recover, unfortunately there are also limitations of what it can do. Wishing him the best !!!

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 03-18-2010).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
GREAT news! Bryan Just called me!!! He sounded GREAT and sounded like he is making GREAT strides! We were able to have a pretty good conversation and communicate back and fourth. From what he said, it sounds like they have moved him down to Humble for rehab. So... out of the ICU and long tem ICU! Again GREAT! So... now he's movin' down the path of recovery and it sounds like he's doing it quick and good! By no means 100% outta the woods yet, but from the start to now, I really feel and it sounds like he is doing well and gonna be ok. So all the thoughts and prayers ARE workin, so just keep em up! Thanks alot all!
I will be going to see him Tuesday or Wednesday (and if anyone wants to roll down with me, you would be welcome to! Just let me know) and if any one wants to give Bryan a message, feel free to do so here, PM me, or email me and I'll print em off and give it to him! It sounds like right now he doesnt have internet access, so he cant read this. It really sounded like it made him feel good that the Fiero family here was pullin for him and keepin him in thoughts! So keep it up, and, I'll update if I get more before trip or after I see him!
Mark
JLCustomizing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JLCustomizingSend a Private Message to JLCustomizingDirect Link to This Post
Never met him before but best wishes out to him. Being in an accident is never fun.

------------------
2.8se .40 bored over, Mecham Side Scoops, KYB Suspension

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:

I will be going to see him Tuesday or Wednesday

Did you see him? Or maybe you're just not back yet.

I exchanged a few text messages with him Monday. Sounds like he's doing much better!
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Bry called me today while I was on lunch!...

Said he had read my NTFC club email, and appreciated the thoughts and prayers. He sounded alert and pretty much the same good old Bryan. Said he didn't remember me coming by the hospital those 4 times, but whose keeping count? (I keed, I keed)...

If I heard him correctly... his rehab is being transferred to near downtown Houston, and is more a true rehab style facility... (meaning not a hospital environment).

Also... his biggest complaint right now is a lack of strength in his right arm and shoulder. Real hard to lift it above his head. I wonder if he didn't get catapulted onto his right side?... maybe some nerve damage or such... maybe still some physical damage there.

Anyway... I was very happy to hear from him... and he sounds exponentially better since I saw him last. Oh.... he also said his sleep pattern was starting to become more normal. You're gonna get to a PC soon buddy... I hope this thread lets you know how much you mean to 'this' family.
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Hey guys, finally back to a computer again. First of all, thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes. I know they did some good.

I just got released from rehab today. I actually just came to terms with the fact that I was actually in a motorcycle accident this past Saturday night. Rehab went well and like Blake said, I should be off to another facility for more treatment. Mostly for strength in my right shoulder and dexterity in my hands. While I am up and around on my own two feet, I'm not exactly seeing straight. One eye is "turning" everything a few degrees but it's getting better. I am doing almost everything on my own. If you came and visited, I'm sorry I don't remember everything.

Again, thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes. I should be back to perfectly normal and riding/driving again soon enough. Thank You All.

------------------

"Semper Fiero"

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Awesome to hear, I wish you a full recovery! Take it easy for awhile, it sounds like you have a lot to deal with still.
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Great to see you around Jarhead 2M4
Edit : also wishing you a full recovery !
Rob

[This message has been edited by Newbfiero (edited 03-24-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
slinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerDirect Link to This Post
Good to see you up and talking. Get well soon!
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Thought you guys might like to see what actually happened to the bike and how lucky I truly am.

------------------

"Semper Fiero"

[This message has been edited by Jarhead 2m4 (edited 04-19-2010).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

You should make a go cart with the engine. Glad your ok.
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
...wow...
wolf63

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolf63Send a Private Message to wolf63Direct Link to This Post
ok, I'll be the one to say it " i dont think duct tapes gonna fix that" :-)
glad to hear you're doing better
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wolf63:
ok, I'll be the one to say it " i dont think duct tapes gonna fix that"

Hey, by gosh! Were in Texas! Duct tape fixes EVERYTHING!

...Just might need 2 rolls... lol
Bradley Jay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you're doing well! Pm sent.
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Holy hell dude!! I am glad you are still with us!!

And its good to see your frame sliders did their job! We all know how expensive fairings can be!

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 04-20-2010).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Holy hell dude!! I am glad you are still with us!!

And its good to see your frame sliders did their job! We all know how expensive fairings can be!

yea....maybe with some shimmie..and some triple clamps it will be on the road asap.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock