Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  -------Sad Spottings- ABANDONED or Neglected Fieros --------- (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
-------Sad Spottings- ABANDONED or Neglected Fieros --------- by signtist2004
Started on: 11-02-2009 05:19 PM
Replies: 59
Last post by: FallenShadow 2m4 on 12-12-2010 11:03 PM
signtist2004

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post
So, I took a trip to the junkyard this weekend, looking for some sun visors..... I found some that i pulled off of this Red 84 SE. This cars interior was remarkably clean and in good shape. THe odometer only had 77,000 . It had a plate that pontiac sent out in 1987 with the self adhesive backing that goes inbetween the shift selector and radio that tells about the ingine fires, maintenance, etc. (pictued below). I wasnt aware that these were made. I also found the supplemental booklet that came with the plate and owners manual. The seats in the 84 Se have no tears in them and still have the speakers in the seats. I think I will ahve my mechanic pick these up, since they only want 15.000 each for them. THey are in better condition than my 87 Gt seats but im not sure if i should take out the gt seats.... any suggestions? The junk yard owner let me have the plate, supplement and manual for free, I thought that was cool. I also found a gt model i believe an 86, since the fiero inscription on the engine was just a decal. it had 130,000 miles and was in bad shape. Pics below of all:

Plate found in the 84 SE

Supplemeintal booklet sent out for the 84 Fiero giving instructions on where to place the plate.

84 SE speedometer 77,000

IP: Logged
signtist2004

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post

signtist2004

157 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Went out on the highway towards Eastern Colorado Hwy 96, this Fiero has been sitting in the same spot for almost 6 years. I stopped one time and asked what was the story with the Fiero and if they would sell it. He was a old man who said it was his sons car, and he did not want to sell it. It needs a water pump....

1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

I have a few pics to share!

These are affectionatley called "the 3 amigo's"

So sad. I rarely ever see any fieros with steelies. That's just sad. It looks like it's in somewhat decent shape too.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 Fiero Sport Coupe
1990 Buick Reatta
2002 Chevy Impala base

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post

1984whitesc

1043 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

So sad. I rarely ever see any fieros with steelies. That's just sad. It looks like it's in somewhat decent shape too.

Originally posted by Carver1:

Ahhh yes....the 3 Amigos.

At least the three of us saved the good parts to keep ours alive. The one in the middle only had 38K on the odometer. I still have most of the body parts.

Sad to see, but sometimes you gotta take one for the team.

I am curious as to what happened to those steelies. They are really hard to come by in good condition.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Pat, where are the "Three Amigo's" located? I see TX plates, but don't get to the yards as much as I used to.
signtist2004

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Any idea of mileage on that first post?

Hey Fierocarparts, I drove by that car again on Saturday and it only has 80,000 miles on it. I finally talked to the guy who lives in the house closest to the car and apparently it is his fathers car and he wont sell, It has been sitting for over 10 years and has a blown rod. But he gave me his dads number- ya never know....

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

What's with those fenders?

( are those pieces attached to the stock fenders, or is that the remnants of some attached pieces?)
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

You guys in the north and west consider yourselves lucky. Here in the south, anyway my location spoting a Fiero is a rarity at best. I have been visiting junk / salvage yards in the general area with no luck. Like all good Fiero owners, always on the hunt for parts and donor vehicles. My son a while back spotted one but the owner was not willing to let go of it. My brother just recently sent me an email saying he believes he has located a junk yard in his area that may have a Fiero or two. So, when I return to the states I will be making the 100 mile drive to see what treasures I can dig up.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
signtist2004 do you have the name of that junk yard with the black/grey fastback ??? PM me please

------------------

The Black Widow Site

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 12-01-2009).]

falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
I took some parts out of this 87. Now gone to a better world...

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

4.9 ongoing project

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Pat, where are the "Three Amigo's" located? I see TX plates, but don't get to the yards as much as I used to.

Hey Rick,

I have not been in this thread for awhile. The 3 amigo's are in Big Spring or at least that's where they were the last time I was over there getting parts. I took the doors off the 85 in the middle. They have power locks,windows and mirrors and that car only had 38K on it. The door glass is perfect. I am going to use these doors on the XTC. The 85 had been wrecked in the front at one time and had fairly fresh paint. I found a complete in the package NOS headlight door, hinge and head light assembly in the front trunk. Carver1 and I got pretty much everything off those cars that was worth getting except for the wheels. We paid the owner 100.00 for everything we took off the cars. The owner was going to have the carcasses hauled off to the scrap yard. Not sure if they are still there. We also found 3 other Fiero's in the same town in another vacant field that were in various stages of disassembly. We never did find the owner(s) of those.

I have looked at 4 abandoned Fiero's this week. I was able to talk to the owner on each one and each one thinks they have a little gold mine. One of these days, I'm going to find one for a decent price that I can pick up and play with. Sunday morning, I was out in the desert hunting Coyotes and found a Fiero chassis in the bottom of a ravine or Arroyo as they call em out here. I was going to get the vin but the vin plate on the dash and the one under the dash were gone. It was stripped - just the frame w/no doors. rpobably a stolen one. I took pics with my phone but can't figure out how to get them off my phone. It was really a sad sight.
PFF
System Bot
signtist2004

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

I like the color of this Fiero. Was that a stock color? So sad to see what seems to ahve been a car in good shape at a junkyard. Lorin
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by signtist2004:

I like the color of this Fiero. Was that a stock color? So sad to see what seems to ahve been a car in good shape at a junkyard. Lorin

That was a 1987-only color. I think its my favorite stock Fiero color!

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
I spotted these guys yesterday in Oregon, IL....

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
lonewolf_305

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lonewolf_305Send a Private Message to lonewolf_305Direct Link to This Post
this thred shows my new girl where i rescued her from. i bugged the guy for about 3 years before he finally sold. shes almost redy for the road now just needs the brakes fixed.
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

lol
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

Yes this was a 87. Crushed in early 08

Have known what I know today, I would have taken more out this GT. It had leather seats

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |
4.9 ongoing project | Parts for sale

lonewolf_305

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lonewolf_305Send a Private Message to lonewolf_305Direct Link to This Post
oops forgot to past the thred. lol
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083148.html
FallenShadow 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FallenShadow 2m4Send a Private Message to FallenShadow 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

That was a 1987-only color. I think its my favorite stock Fiero color!

i agree and im a balck and green guy. if i ever get a gt im going with that color..

------------------
--FallenShadow
84 SE 4 speed Iron Duke

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay