Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  fundrasier to get hand controls to get a fellow fiero owner on the road (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
fundrasier to get hand controls to get a fellow fiero owner on the road by 86fakegt
Started on: 01-12-2009 07:32 PM
Replies: 92
Last post by: IMSA GT on 06-10-2010 11:40 PM
86fakegt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
hi guys im making this to see interested in helping get my hand controls so i can install them in my first car. i got the car from rick its the dark knight fiero. i have spinabifida along with a dislocated hip which stops me from having the reaction time in my legs to drive safely, so to drive i need hand controls. i was going to get a hand clutch but its to pricey so that car went to rick. would anyone be interested in donating a few dollars each to get me on the road sometime soon?
any questions please ask. im editing this to make a list of what i have and what i need also who donated. thanks for your time guys ill do anything i can for you and yours

the moneyi had in the bank went to the car and what it needed
im hopeing to reach 200 ill be putting away every penny i have

i have 50.25 in paypal <----- this will change as time goes on MY PAYPAL addy is alexseida@yahoo.com

saboo-30.00
fieroboom-is very kind read the posts below and 15.00

[This message has been edited by 86fakegt (edited 04-20-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
whats up bro lad to see you got onto the fourm
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
hell ya its about time. i cant wait to get this car.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fakegt:

hell ya its about time. i cant wait to get this car.

wed and its yours dfid you see the biuld thread about it?

86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
yep it looks good
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
youll see the frame damage on the 1st page its been straightend out since than but still needs work you see them pics yet?
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Tell me about what it takes to put hand controls in a car.
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
if i was worse off then i am it would be alot of custom mods like power assisted steering and whatnot but the ones i need are universal theres 2 kinds one is basicly rods that mount to the pedals where as the other is like a rod to the brake and a thumb push button for the throttle
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post
Are you ok with used equipment, or do you need new stuff?

Here's another one for $150 buy it now, $15.26 shipping.

Edit:
I'm pretty sure we could pool up $165 to get you in your Fiero if you don't mind used equipment. I'd be happy to send you some to help you get started... You got a PayPal account?

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

[This message has been edited by fieroboom (edited 01-12-2009).]

86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
used or new its all the same thing the top set is close to what im looking for and would work perfect, and yes its alexseida@yahoo.com and to anyone who donates it means alot

holy hell i just saw your avitar is that you? if so good god why cant ya be around the philly area and not have a man(i assume you do lol) where are all the fiero girls i never see one

[This message has been edited by 86fakegt (edited 01-12-2009).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

holy hell i just saw your avitar is that you? if so good god why cant ya be around the philly area and not have a man (i assume you do lol)

Priceless.

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

used or new its all the same thing the top set is close to what im looking for and would work perfect, and yes its alexseida@yahoo.com and to anyone who donates it means alot

holy hell i just saw your avitar is that you? if so good god why cant ya be around the philly area and not have a man(i assume you do lol) where are all the fiero girls i never see one

hahahaha dude fieroboom is a guy thats his girlfriend

you should have seen his asian avatar he had up.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 01-12-2009).]

86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
wtf haha i take that statement back but shes deff cute lol sorry bout that
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

lol **** happens i miss his old avatar talk about .......NICE

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
dont let them lie, thats realy HIM in his avatar... the adams apple gives it away :P
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
fieroboom thank you SO much i was hoping you guys wouldnt be mad i posted this as the guys on my local car forum and r/c board did(on this board i was called a scammer because i WILLINGLY posted my ebay account to show feedback but since i sold 900$ worth of r/c cars(used to pay for my fiero gt i just traded to pontiac kid) i do work at a hobby shop if i come acrosss something cheap i buy it rebuild it and sell it for a profit) so thanks for the donation i hope others follow the same trend even if its 3 or 4 bucks. it would be awsome if this takes off so i can buy the first used set you posted
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post

86fakegt

363 posts
Member since Jan 2009
also even if you arent able to donate please give some feedback. i cant wait till the day i have a hand clutch and a built 302 or 327 with a cross ram and big cam
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Hehe, yeah, she's a cutie... No need to apologize. I love it when she gets checked out; it makes me feel good. She's in the GWF thread too, all those images in full res if you wanna see them. I'm lucky that she not only tolerates my passion, she's begging for one (well, another one...) I just picked up my 11th Fiero about 1.5 months ago, and she's getting the bug again too. She had one in Seattle, but we had to sell all our vehicles to move back home, including my 3 Fieros.

fieroboom thank you SO much i was hoping you guys wouldnt be mad i posted this as the guys on my local car forum and r/c board did(on this board i was called a scammer because i WILLINGLY posted my ebay account to show feedback but since i sold 900$ worth of r/c cars(used to pay for my fiero gt i just traded to pontiac kid) i do work at a hobby shop if i come acrosss something cheap i buy it rebuild it and sell it for a profit) so thanks for the donation i hope others follow the same trend even if its 3 or 4 bucks. it would be awsome if this takes off so i can buy the first used set you posted

I seriously don't have a single dime I can pipe through PayPal right at this moment, but I promise we'll get your controls at least by early Feb, cuz that's when I get paid again & get my tax return, so even if I have to buy it myself, you'll get it... I only get paid once a month, so I have a really tight budget.
You got somebody to help you put it in, or can you handle it?
-Paul
Mrs.Fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mrs.FieroboomClick Here to visit Mrs.Fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mrs.FieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Why thank you!!!!

------------------
My dream ride:

Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
I don't have a lot of spare cash right now, but if anyone wants to buy one of my pool ball shift knobs, I'll donate the money for this guys parts. You can paypal him directly, and I'll send out the knob. PM me if interested.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

I don't have a lot of spare cash right now, but if anyone wants to buy one of my pool ball shift knobs, I'll donate the money for this guys parts. You can paypal him directly, and I'll send out the knob. PM me if interested.

i just bought one from him cant wait to get it its gona look nice in my new fiero
PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
Are you in a wheel chair fully or partially like me if so I can show you how to get it in the truck of a fiero?

------------------
Happiness is a choice

86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
to everyone that replyed thank you. im in a chair 50-75% of the time due to my work being pretty big and alotta back and forth with customers. i have weak leg muscles and cant feel below my knee(i can move my knee) along with a dislocated him so my left leg is shorter then my right. i wear leg braces when walking more then around the house. i got my dad and bro to help put em in my dads been working on stuff for over 30 years and co owns and works with big hydrolic stuff and my bro is a certified machanic(sp?) and they wouldnt let me on the road if they wernt hooked up correctly. if you cant donate no worrys guys i put this up for the guys a little more well off i know the whole money being tight situation im working on getting my socail security income but as of now i pull about 80-100 a week but alot of it goes to gas in buddys cars to get to work and back(bout a 30 min ride) and other day to day expenses. i paid for my fiero by buying,fixing/cleaning,and then selling broke and non running r/c cars but its not a 100% of the time type thing i always keep my eye open though. to the guy right about me(sorry dont know your name) the chair i got is a quickie all court titanium where only the wheels come off and the top folds down theres no way its going to fit. im thinking of getting a ski rack and puttin the frame on it or takeing the passanger seat out. im hoping to have my liscense by early to mid feb as i put a little money away each week for the controls but im not able to do much. so if ya arent in the position to donate dont stress it

if it helps ill make a chart in the first post with a chart of what i got,how much i need,and who donated.

thanks alex
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for thread jacken. Name is Terry I will pm you.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post
Sent to the ebay seller:

"Dear oldstuff1654,

Hello, I am a member of a few Fiero clubs, and several of us are pooling money together to help a fellow Fiero enthusiast get his hand controls to go in his Fiero he just purchased. Is there any possible way you'd allow me to go ahead and purchase this, maybe send you a holding fee, and pay it in full on or before Feb 1st? We have to get all of our money together, but I don't want this deal to slip past. Please let me know if this is ok with you. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

-Paul Allen"

When he replies, I'll let you know what he says.
ambfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ambfieroSend a Private Message to ambfieroDirect Link to This Post
Fieroboom,

PM when you get some details. I want to help this guy and I can kick in $100 of it.

------------------
In loving memory of Harold Hummel (PFF 4WHEEL)
1936-2004

86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
holy christ guys you have no idea how much this means. this is seriously an awsome group of people anything i can do for you guys let me know. something that also helps is if you guys have any hobby grade r/c stuff youll let go cheap pm me my pops would front me a little bit of cash for it because i rebuild,clean,fix etc and get rid of em at work when i can get my hands on a good deal as i have a decent stash of parts at work and what i do is repay my dad when i sell and split the profit with my boss for the use of the parts

also i added my paypal addy in the first post i forgot to add it. also added a chart and names

[This message has been edited by 86fakegt (edited 01-14-2009).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Would you rather have the first one or the second one? If you want the first one, then we have to wait 3 days till the auction's over, and we won't be 100% sure what the final price is till then, but the second one is buy it now, and from the looks of it, we might be able to get it in your hands within the next week, if you like it.

I need to know kinda quickly though, people are PM-ing me right & left.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

fieroboom

2132 posts
Member since Oct 2008
Let's go fake, read these messages & PMs!!

Between you, saboo, 85GT3.4Track4spdCar, ambfiero, and myself, I think we already have enough for the second one (the buy-it-now one), which would be an instant purchase, and probly in your hands by Monday....
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
i was talking to fieroboom and to everyone who was involved making this happen you have no idea how much this means to me, what i think were gonna do is have whoever is donating paypal me and i will use the buy it now just incase the seller needs to get in contact with me its easyer without having someone inbetween

fieroboom mentioned i should ad the paypal adress downhere alexseida@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by 86fakegt (edited 01-14-2009).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post
Hey buddy, I just sent you $15. It's not much, but it's what I can safely afford right now. Let me know you got it.
-Paul

[This message has been edited by fieroboom (edited 01-14-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Just sent you a Paypal, not as much as I would like but hope it helps.
Leroy

Everyone, It is awesome that people are still willing to help one of their own (even though we have never met). This is truly a great community we are part of...

------------------

Chop Top 13 Revitalization

86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
yea it is a very awsome community we are apart of it really is. thank you to everyone really thank you!! ill send everyone a + rating later
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post

86fakegt

363 posts
Member since Jan 2009
by the way im gettin there thanks guys
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Every little bit helps........paypal sent.
Don't forget to post some pictures when you get it working..
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
thanks guys im so very close.
Renegade blob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Renegade blobSend a Private Message to Renegade blobDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to get my mom or brother to let me use there paypal but nobody trusts the internet. My brother got scammed and my mom made a mistake and got 4 plane tickets instead of 2.
My brother should be cool with it. Handing him the cash to send will probably help.

EDIT: how much do we have left to get?

[This message has been edited by Renegade blob (edited 01-15-2009).]

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a few dollars.

Aaron
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Well, I can't donate any cash to help your cause, but seeing as I live over on Newportville Rd, I could donate a pair of hands to help install everything once you get it, as well as help to get the dark knit running again I know that car just as well, if not better than Rick, seeing as he always came to me or BackonHoliday whining about something breaking hehe. Send me a pm and I will give you my cell number. You may have seen (or heard me) running around that area in my black 88 coupe (the car is quite loud for a 4 cyl. gets new exhaust in 2 weeks)

-Brian

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 01-15-2009).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Well, I can't donate any cash to help your cause, but seeing as I live over on Newportville Rd, I could donate a pair of hands to help install everything once you get it, as well as help to get the dark knit running again I know that car just as well, if not better than Rick, seeing as he always came to me or BackonHoliday whining about something breaking hehe. Send me a pm and I will give you my cell number. You may have seen (or heard me) running around that area in my black 88 coupe (the car is quite loud for a 4 cyl. gets new exhaust in 2 weeks)

-Brian

He's probably going to need some assistance... Found out that all of the kits that seller has (the buy it now one) are each missing at least two pieces, which would require some fabrication. I spoke to the seller on the phone lastnight, and he seemed easily frustrated from me asking him questions about them. I suggested to 86fakegt that he go for the one that's on auction and since it's only at $81, maybe just offer him the $150 or so that we pooled for him and see if he'll take it & take the auction down, kinda like it was a buy it now.

Of course, it's ultimately up to fake, but the one on auction looks to be a much more complete kit.
-Paul
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock