Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Who is waiting for a harness from Loyde Rascoe at Fastfieros? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
Who is waiting for a harness from Loyde Rascoe at Fastfieros? by aris
Started on: 06-05-2008 08:36 PM
Replies: 445
Last post by: topcat on 06-12-2010 04:09 AM
aris

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arisSend a Private Message to arisDirect Link to This Post
Hello

it is been "a while" since I have send money to Loyde Rascoe at Fastfieros for some parts including a harness and nothing yet.

You can see details here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/069530-2.html

Meanwhile he has build cars for others and many people jumped the queue while I gave the order before them.

It seems Loyde Rascoe has a history with not delivering products that have been paid for and you can see that here: http://www.dallas.bbb.org/W...b=0875&firm=90066270

I would like to know who has the same problem with Loyde Rascoe before I go to a special division of police here that specializes in crime over the internet. And that is crime over the internet as I send him money over PayPal.

thanks

Aris
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I had him make my 3800 harnesses for me and had no problem getting it. It came out perfect and it is still in the car after 3 years and 30K miles.
aris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for arisSend a Private Message to arisDirect Link to This Post
True...you are from Texas ...so he couldn't do otherwise. I guess if I spend $1500 to fly there I could have the harness too.

but do you believe it is reasonable to fly there and spend a total of $1350 + $1500 for a harness ?

Ditkaphile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post
You haven't been able to contact him via phone or email? I can understand your frustration...some on here have had nothing but great things to say about him, others have expressed sentiments similar to yours. I have never dealt with him. But I think we all encourage fellow PFFers to make every effort to resolve issues privately, before airing things publicly on the forum. That being said, if you have not been able to contact him, then perhaps this will help resolve your issue. But threads like this are never pretty
aris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for arisSend a Private Message to arisDirect Link to This Post
Definitely I agree with you. Do you think I have time to write posts and trying to figure out how to get the harness or how to get my money back?

My friend Kostas, who referred me to him, used to call him once a week (getting the answer machine many times and it cost a lot to call from Greece to US) and I gave him many time extensions. Our last deal was to make me a $200 discount but to send the harness incomplete (I will have to extend the length of the cables to the PCM)

It is been two months since then and nothing received.
I really dont understand why I have to spend so much time for something I already paid.

What I am asking is simple. My money back....and it is very unfortunate that except my time I will loose about $340 because of the euro/dollar rate

[This message has been edited by aris (edited 06-06-2008).]

Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
Dude, do you realize just how tedious and time consuming a harness is?

It's not some **** thats going to be slapped together over night, unless of course that was the turn around you were expecting, in which case there are PLENTY of other vendors here and abroad that are more than willing to take your cash and hand you a pile of wires.

Just calm down, stay in the car, and be still - you'll get your harness

Now, airing this out to the masses may have not been the wisest move when 1 singular phone call could have answered your question

------------------
Recanizin' Flat-Buns Since 2001

Eric Nelson
Internet Sales Manager
Power Ford Valencia
nelsone@autonation.com

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
I believe Jim makes plug and play harness for 3800/Fiero swaps.

http://www.injectiontechnology.com/products.htm

------------------
1988 Fiero GT, LS4 swap soon
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 430whp
Nurburgring WARRIOR!!!!
Join fellow racers/owners at http://southeasternracing.com

buds

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for budsSend a Private Message to budsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aris:

I send $2000 on September 2007 and our deal was to make a harness for me within a few weeks. What I get since then is excuses for delays and more time but he has time for people that joined the queue after me.

9 months is more then enough time to get it done....I'd take the next step
JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2008 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 12-08-2008).]

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Lloyde not delivering? What a surprise.
Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
aris - hereby decree and declare that my previous statement is WAY in the wrong, 9 months as WAY too long...

Since loyde received payment, howmany followup emails/ phonecalls have you had with him?
PFF
System Bot
aris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arisSend a Private Message to arisDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the support. I will not go into details as that will not be good for Loyde Rascoe.

My friend Kostas handled the communications between us. The phone calls and emails are many. Also I remember we asked him to define the time of delivery but to honor the deadline and not change it again....but that was not successful either.

Have in mind that there are only 3 Fieros here in Greece and it is hard to keep up with them. Every order from US is not for 1 or 2 items only as most of the times the parts pass from customs.

Can you imagine having all the parts shipped including auto transmission shipped with sea freight and you can't start the car because of a harness.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chicken McNizzle:

Dude, do you realize just how tedious and time consuming a harness is?

It's not some **** thats going to be slapped together over night, unless of course that was the turn around you were expecting, in which case there are PLENTY of other vendors here and abroad that are more than willing to take your cash and hand you a pile of wires.

Just calm down, stay in the car, and be still - you'll get your harness

Now, airing this out to the masses may have not been the wisest move when 1 singular phone call could have answered your question

While tedious, I think the $100 an hour he charges, you should get something in a timely manner.

Can you imagine having all the parts shipped including auto transmission shipped with sea freight and you can't start the car because of a harness.

If you went through this much effort to get the parts, then why rely on the customs and such for a part you could have easily done inhouse?

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 06-06-2008).]

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
he paid a pro to do it and have it done right...obviously that hasnt happened....not the first one.. probably wont be the last...lloyds work is very very sweet... just sucks ass reliability for time management seems to be a second thought....people get busy, things get forgotten...but that doesnt happen when you write things down on a calender....a deadline is a deadline in my books...hopefully lloyd speaks up and sets things straight....tim..
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:
Me, I'm a big fan of the "do what you say and say what you do" modality, stuff like this bothers me because I like Loyde personally.

JazzMan

Yeppers, I wholeheartedly agree.

I seriously considered having Lloyde build me a harness but, I've seen a couple of threads like this that were unhappy customers not getting what they paid for when it was supposed to be delivered. Thus, my relunctance. I've not done any business with Lloyde so I can't comment on anything. What I can say is, in a community like ours, reputation is everything. If I held back doing business with Lloyde for rumored delivery reasons, just how many others are doing the same thing? It's all about reputation, good or bad. If you want to do business and are connected to this or any other forum, you need to keep your word and frequently communicate with the customer to keep him/her in the loop. Doing otherwise will only result in losing business and reputation.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 06-07-2008).]

aris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arisSend a Private Message to arisDirect Link to This Post
As thismanyfieros said I paid a pro to do that. Maybe it was easy to make the harness my self...but having in mind that I own a restaurant/plaza near the sea with many people visiting everyday and an other business selling construction material for houses it is very difficult to say I am going to build a harness when coming back home completely dead. You see I am busy too ...and not only Loyde Rascoe who does not appreciate my time and my money.

Why shall I appreciate his? He was not busy to accept my money. But of course it is easy to accept money and then ignore everybody who is in an other country.

Apart from that you are in US you can ask for help everywhere. As been said there are only 3 Fieros in Greece. It is cheaper to repair a Porsche here than a Pontiac.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
It is my opinion that everyone on here should try to get in contact with Loyde before trashing him. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and I think Loyde has been through the ringer over the past couple of years with issues about his shop. If you look at his website now, you can see his contact information -

"I will respond to you as soon as possible. If you call during the day and I don't answer, just call back after 6pm-10pm.... My phone does not get a good signal in the shop these days. I switched to the iPhone and ATT."

I think he is honestly working as hard as he can and he told me that he is working on the harnesses EVERY DAY to get caught up. He even mentioned he might have a new location within the next couple of months more suited to a "storefront" type appearance and might actually even get to hire and train someone to help with the harnesses so he gets caught up and never gets behind again. I will let him expand on that is he wants, but again, my advice is to contact Loyde directly and get information straight from the horses mouth.. That is what I did and he told me my engine swap will be ready in July. (WOOT!!!) Wish you luck.

--Will
carbonfiber_kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidDirect Link to This Post
I paid Loyde Rascoe over a year ago, May 2007, for some parts, one being a wireharness and I have still not recieved mine. He told me it would be a couple months max to finish my parts. I have tried contacting him many times to no avail. All i get are excuses and he did slip a couple time and mention he was trying to get a car time for someone. I like the fact he did not mind cashing my check but he sure seems to have a problem with doing the work. Here is the real kicker I can not even get him to send me my old wireharness parts and ecm back, so now i am out what i paid him plus my parts i bought for the swap. Come on in 13 months he could not find time to build a !@#$%^ wire hareness. He has done enough of these that he has to have it down to a science.

[This message has been edited by carbonfiber_kid (edited 06-22-2008).]

IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
WHY do we keep letting him do this?
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
nm

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 07-29-2008).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Revin raises a good point...not that I have had any wiring problems with my swap, but when I take it in for emissions and it fails I don't know how to fix it. I have a guy that is good and can work on it, but if I ever have a wiring issue I am screwed.

Next swap I am going to do all the wiring and the programming, so that I will be able to troubleshoot it.

Maybe I'll even get smart enough to build harnesses for other people.
PFF
System Bot
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tDirect Link to This Post
SO what you are saying is because he spent the money he is wrong and should just let Loyd take his money and run ? Some people don't like to do wiring or don't understand it. Not there fault. As for time being taken up people have jobs and stuff to worry about so if it's there chose to have something done for them I don't see a problem there. Still this does not give loyd the right to do this over and over again. As for the OP being in a hurry I don't think it's to much to ask to have a harness made in a timely fashion considering the amount of money paid for it. And some people like to build a project car in a short amount of time instead of taking years. Loyd is running a business so customers should come first and if he can't take on that many orders at once then he should be honest with people and tell them that he has a lot going on and if they are not in a hurry to get the parts then he would be more then happy to make them.

Point is nobody running a business should just take the money and not produce a product for the customer. PERIOD. No matter the amount of time has passed the customer should still see something for the money that they spent. Money isn't something you can just be like " Oh this guy just took $600 from me but oh well it's money I should just let it go."
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tuner2m6t:

SO what you are saying is because he spent the money he is wrong and should just let Loyd take his money and run ? Some people don't like to do wiring or don't understand it. Not there fault. As for time being taken up people have jobs and stuff to worry about so if it's there chose to have something done for them I don't see a problem there. Still this does not give loyd the right to do this over and over again. As for the OP being in a hurry I don't think it's to much to ask to have a harness made in a timely fashion considering the amount of money paid for it. And some people like to build a project car in a short amount of time instead of taking years. Loyd is running a business so customers should come first and if he can't take on that many orders at once then he should be honest with people and tell them that he has a lot going on and if they are not in a hurry to get the parts then he would be more then happy to make them.

Point is nobody running a business should just take the money and not produce a product for the customer. PERIOD. No matter the amount of time has passed the customer should still see something for the money that they spent. Money isn't something you can just be like " Oh this guy just took $600 from me but oh well it's money I should just let it go."

I agree, I got Loyde to do my engine swap because I had already tried to do a Northstar and got frustrated by the electronics, more specifically the lack of an aftermarket ignition/fuel management system. I could have spent the time to learn about all of that, but I have a family and a job, and about 15 more irons in the fire that are better uses of my time. I am a patient person as long as the final product is perfect and for what its worth, I spent a whole lot more with Loyde than 600 bucks. But then I tried to do a choptop myself too and wound up paying Archie to do a choptop on my Formula after I found out how much of a PITA it was. Archie banged it out in all of 3 weeks so I can see where most people waiting on Loyde are coming from - I'm right there with you since it is going on 3 years since I have driven my car on the streets.

--Will
jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

But then I tried to do a choptop myself too and wound up paying Archie to do a choptop on my Formula after I found out how much of a PITA it was. Archie banged it out in all of 3 weeks so I can see where most people waiting on Loyde are coming from - I'm right there with you since it is going on 3 years since I have driven my car on the streets.

--Will

Ironic that your past and present chop top are sharing space. I feel your pain as I'm trying to delcare my chop top operational after 4 years.
muttly69gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for muttly69gtoSend a Private Message to muttly69gtoDirect Link to This Post
Anyone out there with new updates or more horror stories. I started a project with Loyde coming close to 2 years ago and sent him the money in Feb '07 after receiving an email the harness was "ready to ship". I have repeatedly tried to call him, but he never answers his phone and apparently does not retrieve his messages because there is no room to leave one. He also has not returned any of my emails. My last communication from Loyde was around New Years and was told also that he had no money to return to me and was unwilling to return the product I sent him to do the harness. This leaves me stuck with my son now going to college in a few weeks and his car remains under cobwebs in the corner of our shed. I have also checked with the Better Business Bureau and he has 4 claims against him that he has (surprise) not responded to. I have been in business for 20+ years and have never had a claim against me let alone 4 of them in a year!!!!!!!
Muttly
top-dawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for top-dawgSend a Private Message to top-dawgDirect Link to This Post
September will be three years for me…

Originally it was supposed to be a couple months. Then a couple more months…three years worth.

What upsets me the most after reading this thread is that Lyode has been promising people “a couple months” while mine had already been sitting there for 1-2 years untouched. It’s one thing to be disorganized, make bad choices, or just plain get screwed by events that happen in your life. But when you know you have unfinished work piled up from YEARS prior, how can you tell someone “a couple months”??

I’m not saying these things to bash Lyode. From the conversations I’ve had with him, his forum posts, what others have said about his work, etc. He’s probably one of the most knowledgeable in the Fiero world.

I’ve pretty much given up on Lyode delivering and I’m starting to look into other vendors. Suggestions? Injection Technologies anyone?

I have an all original, never wrecked, 88GT that lived its whole life in Arizona. While it needs some love from being baked in the AZ sun, there’s not a spec of rust underneath. Every piece of suspension has been rebuilt, low mileage 3800sc, cam, headers, etc… It pisses me off when I have to walk past it every morning in my garage. I’ve lost interest in the project and want to be finished.
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Last year I had him program my 3800 PCM and got it back in a reasonable time... but since then I've asked for a re-program to add the boost sol. back in but never a reply back...
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I do not understand how this can happen so easily to so many people and yet nothing is done about it.
If a local shop or legitimate business ripped off that many people the owner would be out of business and most likely in jail.
I can see where it is possible to fall behind doing wiring harnesses as I have a few times but I am talking a few weeks or maybe a month or so but not years.
An honest person no matter how financially he is screwed personally will not keep taking peoples money when he knows he can not possibly provide the service or product in an agreed amount of time or in this case in any amount of time as I doubt he plans on ever honoring these deals.
To date I have made quite a few harnesses for people tired of waiting for Lloyd and not being able to contact him to get back their money, the original 3800 harness they sent him and the original Fiero harness.
Leaving them out of money and parts needed to finish off their swap.
The part I really do not like is how some one comes forward after years of being ripped off and the guilty person's lackies jump all over the guy defending the person who has ripped the guy off.
Basically this crap should not be allowed to happen and the forum members should not be defending some one who has been proven to be a crook. Dan
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

I do not understand how this can happen so easily to so many people and yet nothing is done about it.

Welcome to the internet. He has a webpage, and it shows that he has done projects, pretty much all he needs to bait people into sending him thousands of dollars.
InTheLead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

If a local shop or legitimate business ripped off that many people the owner would be out of business and most likely in jail.
I can see where it is possible to fall behind doing wiring harnesses as I have a few times but I am talking a few weeks or maybe a month or so but not years.
An honest person no matter how financially he is screwed personally will not keep taking peoples money when he knows he can not possibly provide the service or product in an agreed amount of time or in this case in any amount of time as I doubt he plans on ever honoring these deals.
To date I have made quite a few harnesses for people tired of waiting for Lloyd and not being able to contact him to get back their money, the original 3800 harness they sent him and the original Fiero harness.
Leaving them out of money and parts needed to finish off their swap.
The part I really do not like is how some one comes forward after years of being ripped off and the guilty person's lackies jump all over the guy defending the person who has ripped the guy off.
Basically this crap should not be allowed to happen and the forum members should not be defending some one who has been proven to be a crook. Dan

Exactly what I was thinking. Very well put.
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Basically this crap should not be allowed to happen and the forum members should not be defending some one who has been proven to be a crook.

No one is jumping on or ripping into the people that have been, as you say, "ripped off" to defend Loyde. Everyone that has posted has offered a simple way to contact him.

And who are you to call Loyde's satisfied customers lackies (which correctly is lackey)? Are you an expert in performing servitude to others or trying to please others for your own personal gain?

What you see in these threads are satisfied customers and friends defending him and disatisfied customers lynching him. It's understandable. Not to make comparisons but where's the difference between this and all the attacks West Coast Fiero receives for their lack of customer service? And it seems Chris West is doing just fine in the Fiero community.

And when was it that Loyde was proven to be a crook? I see no bookings in Tarrant county or Dallas county with his picture. It's assumed by you that he is a crook. He may have problems now but to label him a crook would be slanderous on your part.

I'm not condoning the unanswering of emails and phone calls by any means and I'm not flogging the unsatisfied customers. There are definitely problems but you and others that are not directly involved with his business dealings should know all sides of the story before lynching any person.

Just my .02 cents worth.
PFF
System Bot
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
FTW Motorsports will be open reallllyy soon!
PBJ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
Its been years this clown has been running this scam.

Pete

------------------

Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

. He may have problems now but to label him a crook would be slanderous on your part..

Slander is the spoken word. In print it's called libel. And.... if he has documentation, it's not libel...

If it were me, I would make several copies of all pertinant information. Do some investigation, find out the local PD that would handle a fraud claim in his area. Do the same in your home town. Send the information to both police departments to the attention of whomever is the top dog in charge. make sure Both PD contacts are listed as a cross referance.

That's how you get things moving..... when the PD doesn't need to have any investigations or detective work. When you furnish everything, the two departments talk and someone gets sent to knock on his door. problem solved. I would have done that after 6 months tops.

Spiff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpiffClick Here to visit Spiff's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpiffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PBJ:

Its been years this clown has been running this scam.

Pete

I wont say anything good or bad about Loyde because I have not done business with the man, but from what I was reading about his time delays and whatever was going on with him I decided to have Pete (PBJ) do my harness. It was cheaper and faster. I had it back within 2 weeks and that included shipping to and from Canada.

I dont think Pete does the harness for others anymore, but there are other options out there other than Loyde.

Aris, If I could I'd bring it to Greece with me next time I come to visit my family there.

[This message has been edited by Spiff (edited 07-31-2008).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
At the risk of alienating Loyde who has been a friend, I will tell all of you the story as to what is going on. Loyde told me this in confidence and I promised that I would not make this info public but with the bashing that he has taken in this post I feel obligated to come to his defense with the hope that he takes what I am saying in a positive matter.
I have dealt with Loyde in the past. He has always delivered, returned calls, shared info and has been a reputable source. A guy in my club also ordered stuff from him and he also received prompt service and the product worked as advertised. So why isn't Loyde shipping of late? . The township where Loyde has his shop discovered that it was located in a residental area. People complained so the zoning board had been giving Loyde a hard time over an extended period. A few months ago things came to a head and the zoning board finally issued a violation notice that simply said "cease business or be prosecuted" Loyde had no choice but to suspend operations. The shop was his livelyhood and he temporarily took a job in an auto repair facility to keep a roof over his head while he looked for a new location to move his FastFieros shop to. Fast Fireos will be relocating and Loyde will be back in business at a new location very soon.
I have faith that Loyde is an honest business person and will be fulfilling all orders of Fiero parts that people have been waiting for. Now I will turn this post back to Loyde and hope that he will comment.

------------------
87GT - 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Seems like a simple explanation that could have been explained to his customers instead of ducking them. Instead he chose to keep them in the dark, live off of their money, and not deliver a product without explanation. I'm glad this post was here, so when it comes time for me get a harness, I know where not to go. I don't know him nor have I ever talked to him, but word of mouth can be your best advertisement, or your worst adversary.
top-dawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for top-dawgSend a Private Message to top-dawgDirect Link to This Post
Agreed, this is information that should have been shared with his outstanding accounts.

Sucks that he’s booted out of his shop. He’s had his share of problems over the past few years….so have I.

I’m a pretty understanding and patient person (obviously after 3 years). Lyode, you should know by now I get upset quickly with no response, and that I can easily be soothed with honest communication.

This information along with answers to simple questions like, am I next in line...third in line…100th…? Would go a long way.

Sorry to sound unsympathetic, but I have many things going on in life and need to make plans to move on with this project. No response, or “I can’t give you an answer” won’t cut it much longer with me. I need to move forward with or without you.

Anxiously awaiting your response.
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
I have been waiting "a while" (well over 9 months) too, but I told Loyde that I could wait given that at the time I was a new dad. Over the past 6 months I have not had calls or emails returned, and I've been a bit worried. Hopefully, he gets things back on track soon...not sure how much longer my wife will put up with a dead car in the yard...
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
So his shop has been closed for almost three years as that is how far back some of the rip offs go which means every one since then has intentionally been misled and guaranteed some thing he knew he could not deliver.
I do not care how bad some ones personal life or problems are ripping off others especially in a community like this is still worng and should not be accepted.
Why do I get involved as he does not owe me any thing, it is because I am tired of making harnesses for customers he has ripped off and left screwed with out their money and original harnesses.
I was contacted a year or so ago by lloyd about doing some harnesses for him as he could not do them, I offered to do them for $350 each and he wanted me to do them for less even though he had already been paid at least two to three times that by the people he has screwed.
To date I have done 11 harnesses for people he has failed to full fill his obligations to and at leats 10 more I have told I do not have the time right now to do them, not send me the money so i can spend it and never get back to them like he does.
My advice to lloyd is get off your ass and get these people taken care of you do not need a shop to make wiring harnesses, heck I make them in a small room upstarir in my home. Dan
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock