Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Gauging interest - Window decal in honor of Tyler - non profit (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Gauging interest - Window decal in honor of Tyler - non profit by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 02-16-2010 07:22 AM
Replies: 123
Last post by: Erik on 03-04-2010 12:32 AM
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
-------------------- ORDERS ARE NOW BEING TAKEN UNTIL MARCH 1ST -------------------------

I have had this in my head for the last two days, and I figured it was time to put it up. I want to get vinyl window decals done in memory of Tyler, and want to see how many people would like one or a few. I would also like suggestions on what you would like them to say, so please fire away. I want to make sure there are as many reminders of Tyler out there as possible, so that he may never be forgotten.

As of right now, this was my idea for what it would say,

This is the decal we will be going with:

Prices that were quoted will be the following. These are minus an equal share of the shipping charges.

Qty....Each

25......$6.50
50......$5.00
75......$4.00

Wanting to buy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hulki U. My-BFF - 5
katatak - 5
faalvino - 1 PD
Blacktree - 2 PD
carbon - 1
Erik - 2
Danyel - 2
Lugnut84 - 1
pontiackid86 - 4
Xerces_Blackthorne - 3
87 REGISTRY - 1
ARFiero - 1 PD
Tstang429 - 2 PD
Dan Ro - 2
2.5 - 3 PD
Genopsyde - 2 PD
snowblindburd - 5 PD
mattwa - 1
Cajun - 2 PD
CoolBlue87GT - 2 PD
-------------------------------------------------------
Total - 47

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 03-03-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
I like it. ALOT!

Shelby
snowblindburd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
I would totally get a couple.

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
How big? Any pic's of it
winger1955

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for winger1955Send a Private Message to winger1955Direct Link to This Post
good idea, i would take three or more. got to have one on all my fiero"s.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

looks great, only thing i would suggest...just imo...is replace or add to the ribbon with the pegasus.

------------------

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Absolutely
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
We restored your car.
You restored our lives

Edit :Forgot to say I would take at least a couple Red or black or both

[This message has been edited by Terry_w (edited 02-16-2010).]

87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Got to remember the more detail, the more colors, the more $$$$.
I would say right now this graphic would run about $25-$30 for one because of the black outline and the detail in the ribbon.

Not to take away from yours it looks great but to do something like this:

It would run about $2-$3 you can do something like this on a clear decal with what ever color you want i.e. white, black, red, etc. but you would get a massive discount if you produce them all in that one color.
The price would go up if you run 25 - red, 10 - white, 5-black because you have to change out the color. So something like that would run somewhere around $10-$15 a decal.....

Plus would there be a large demand for them? I know the people who were there would buy one but what about those who know nothing about it would they be willing to buy one?

Just some things to think about.

Mike

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 02-16-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

looks great, only thing i would suggest...just imo...is replace or add to the ribbon with the pegasus.

Not to be picky but I wouldnt want a pegasus, we drive fieros...

I like this style alot.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Heres how to shave the price down ... (The black trim is only to make it stand out on the site)

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-16-2010).]

Steven_Kreg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven_KregSend a Private Message to Steven_KregDirect Link to This Post

I agree... the fiero logo (and Fiero) was a huge, huge part of this whole thing, so to include the pegasus would only be fitting. It was through the love of the Fiero that this brave young man entered so many lives.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Steven_Kreg I think if this sticker is applied on a Fiero it says EVERYTHING ... but I agree if this is applied on any other car....

Not to be impartial but I would take a dozen of these ...
Danyel

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I like this... get the details hammered out and I'm in
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
I'm in too..-Jason
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven_Kreg:

I agree... the fiero logo (and Fiero) was a huge, huge part of this whole thing, so to include the pegasus would only be fitting. It was through the love of the Fiero that this brave young man entered so many lives.

I was thinking the exact same thing as Steve. (in fact, well said I might add)
I think the sticker should have both. This act of kindness will forever be linked together.

The Tyler's Toy T-shirt has a Fiero linked with it so why not this sticker?
Also, I plan on putting mine on my daily driver so more people can see it.
It will do little good on a Fiero that sits mostly in the garage.

Kit
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Remember: if you're going to do a colored ribbon, it has to match what its representing...

Synovial Sarcoma is a form of cancer, so the color of the ribbon (if you are going to use it at all) should match that of the cancer awareness... Sarcoma is a yellow band/ribbon, I think.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I like the ideas coming in and I need to get everyone's vote on things:

1) Ignoring the words of each graphic, which design of decal do you like:

DESIGN A

DESIGN B

2) Saying A - "You Are Forever a Part of Us"
Saying B - "We restored your car. You restored our lives"

3) If choosing DESIGN B - ribbon or Pegasus?

4) Should we make this entire run in yellow, or offer multiple colors? If multiple colors, which colors to offer?

That being said, you need to remember that the more complicated we make these decals, the more they will cost. I would like to keep these as affordable as possible so that everyone who wants one can have one.

My vote:

1) DESIGN B
2) Saying A
3) Pegasus
4) Yellow
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Ribbon Saying "A" #1

Shield Saying "A" #2

Both Saying "A" #3

Straight Shield Saying "A" #4

Shield Saying "B" #5

Ribbon Saying "B" #6

Both Saying "B" #7

Straight Shield #8

Straight Shield Both #9

PFF
System Bot
87 REGISTRY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 REGISTRYSend a Private Message to 87 REGISTRYDirect Link to This Post
B
A
Pegasus
Yellow

Would making it a vinyl cling cost less? There are a couple of people here who make very high quality clings.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
All six are there any mods or suggestions ?? I really like number 4 and 6....

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

All six are there any mods or suggestions ?? I really like number 4 and 6....

Danyel, can you find a yellow ribbon without any texture to it? Keeping the ribbon a simple line drawing will keep the cost down.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
This is a fantastic idea!

I have one variation to consider adding to your mix, as you are asking for suggestions & ideas. I personally am not quite sold on the rotated logo. Everything else is spot on I think. I thought I would toss this in as it is in the design stage, to see what people think.

Edit: I found a decent yellow ribbon, and cleaned it up in Photoshop to make it one single color.

I know it's large, that is to keep the edges nice and smooth when reduced to print size:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-16-2010).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Please refresh this page I updated the stickers with JohnWPB ribbon...........

zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by zigaroo (edited 02-16-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zigaroo:

Hmm, the other leg didn't carry over, oh well that's easily fixable.

While I like your logo, it would be costly due to being three different colors and having the outline around the whole thing.
zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
Outline is the cut.

[This message has been edited by zigaroo (edited 02-16-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
In case anyone is wondering, I decided to have 87 Pegasus a.k.a. Mike do these decals. He works for a sign shop, and his rates are more than fair. I need votes so keep them coming!
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post
Hey guys.......if I can chime in here for a sec......this thread was brought to my attention from a fellow PFF'er. Since this is a "Celebration" decal for Tyler's life. I can make these very affordable for everyone. I can run these decals on my digital printer, and you can even have a photo of a car, and it wouldn't make a difference in price. How big of a decal were you thinking Hulki? I can give you pricing if you'd like.....the sky's the limit. Let me know the size (approx.) you were thinking, and I get you some numbers.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
SAFASTRO, I really do appreciate your offer, but I already informed 87 Pegasus (Mike) that he could do these, and I don't want to step on his toes. This is not to say that you couldn't offer other decals, it's all about celebration and awareness, so the more decals out there, the better.
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zigaroo:

Outline is the cut.

this ones got my vote..

------------------

[This message has been edited by HI-TECH (edited 02-16-2010).]

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
I like #9 but I was thinking of suggesting a picture of Tyler's car instead of the Fiero logo or even the ribbon but I thought it would make it more complicated. Then I saw SAFASTRO's post. I also looked around on the Internet. I saw places that looked like a large would run about $5 even in very small quantities.
Anyway of the choices above I vote #9 (sub the car for either if that gets added.)
Indiana87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana87GTSend a Private Message to Indiana87GTDirect Link to This Post
I would love to get one, I would love anything we come up with. If I could offer another variation in wording and style to honor Tyler and acknowledge all the folks who took such extraordinary measures to make his dreams come true. I would like to honor them too, and I know they will protest they are not all that special, but they are. If someone has a better phrase than "Thanks to Our Dream Team" throw it out there, I'm struggling with that wording. Or maybe that should be a seperate decal from Tyler's, what do you think?

Tyler Shippmen (Large font, in a slight arc)
Date of birth and death (Smaller font)
Tylers toy logo
We Honor Your Spirit (In a slight arc mirroring top line, same size font as his name)
Thanks to Our Dream Team (in a much smaller font)

In a size around 5 x 5 inches? Color: Yellow only like he chose for his car.

Price: Cost plus $10 to be donated to his family, a charity (wish upon a star?).

Could someone mock that up for me?

Comments?
Indiana87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana87GTSend a Private Message to Indiana87GTDirect Link to This Post

Indiana87GT

258 posts
Member since Feb 2009
SAFASTRO

Maybe you could come up with a decal for the dream team (my previous post) as a seperate item? In fact, how about a decal for each member of "the dream team" and another that the rest of us could buy to acknowledge them?
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post
No problem Hulki.......I was thinkin off the top of my head too......the pricing wouldn't be more than $10 for something like 3" x 12" full color (meaning as many colors as you want) Not $25 - $30 for a yellow and black decal, that's all. Just trying to make it affordable for everyone.

Hey Indiana87GT, I'll try to whip something up.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one or two. I'd rather have a round one. But whatever you guys come up with.

Brad
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

twofatguys

16465 posts
Member since Jul 2004
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

DESIGN A

3)

4)Yellow

I'm borrowing this design and making it my profile in Facebook. Let me know if that's a problem.

Brad
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

1) Ignoring the words of each graphic, which design of decal do you like:

DESIGN A

Count me in...........

My vote: B, A, Ribbon, Yellow

Mike
DESIGN B

Saying B - "We restored your car. You restored our lives"

3) If choosing DESIGN B - ribbon or Pegasus?

4) Should we make this entire run in yellow, or offer multiple colors? If multiple colors, which colors to offer?

That being said, you need to remember that the more complicated we make these decals, the more they will cost. I would like to keep these as affordable as possible so that everyone who wants one can have one.

My vote:

1) DESIGN B
2) Saying A
3) Pegasus
4) Yellow

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors