Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Red River Ruckus 2009-Oct 9-Oct11 Baytown Texas Picture Thread (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Red River Ruckus 2009-Oct 9-Oct11 Baytown Texas Picture Thread by MstangsBware
Started on: 10-09-2009 11:55 PM
Replies: 112
Last post by: josef644 on 10-23-2009 10:00 PM
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pictures from day 1 of the RRR here in Baytown.

NTFC lining up to head south:

Heading down in the rain rained the whole way down):

Another raining pic:

And Another:

Stop for gas:

At the hotel:

Talk time:

Blake/Jim being happy after dinner:

More to come

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 10-09-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
If you notice---There are no Houston people in the pictures? 30 miles from Houston and they can't even come to greet us---It's okay NTFC handled up on everything.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

If you notice---There are no Houston people in the pictures? 30 miles from Houston and they can't even come to greet us---It's okay NTFC handled up on everything.

I was planning to but I was in the garage making a last minute attempt to get my car able to pass inspection...too soon to know if I was successful.

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I don't see any Kerrville people in the pictures either. Bring your camera and come buy me a margarita,
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
I was planning to but I was in the garage making a last minute attempt to get my car able to pass inspection...too soon to know if I was successful.

inspections are overrated
mine failed 3 times and I still drove it down.

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
Unexpected visit from my daughter.

She's headed for Afganistan in a few days.
GS Jon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Oh man, I would have loved to come. Unfortunately I'm in Phoenix at Luke AFB in an F-16 IFTU class for a month. Brutal course, but I'm looking forward to getting back to San Antonio so I can work on the Fiero for a few weeks. If I'm lucky I might be able to catch a Texas Fiero get together before I leave for Korea for a few years.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
No last minute show up for me this time. $200 Speeding ticket took my funds.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Don't you just hate when these events just sneak up on you?
Weather map shows the weather cleared up. Glad someone is enjoying the Ruckus. My grandson is happy his Pop is taking care of him while he has the Flu.

Originally posted by jscott1:

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 10-10-2009).]

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could've made it - but was working from 7:00am to 7pm today.
Hope everyone is having fun!

Is that my old Indy in the pic?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Don't you just hate when these events just sneak up on you?

Yeah it did sneak up on me in the sense that I didn't realize my sticker was expired. And overrated or not, I don't ride dirty because inevitably I will get pulled over.

I was successful in getting my inspection to pass. Ran into Chris at the same inspection station. How often are two Fieros in the same inspection station at the same time totally unplanned?

anyway here are some pics

PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Day 2 of the RRR:

Breakfast at Denny's:

Show/shine:

The one/only ALL glass choptop:

Driver's meeting:

Line up for Ferry ride:

Monument:

Cars from above:

Large ship w/many guns:

View of cars from ship:

Fieros on the sand:

Many more to post but that is all for now.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Here is one for tonight, will do some more tomorrow:
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
I am so sad I had to miss the Ruckus. I got an opportunity to buy an 88 GT in great shape and could not pass it up. So I flew to NM Friday and drove it back with intentions of driving strait thru so I could still make the Ruckus, however I am not as young as I use to be and had to stop for the night. Looks like ya’ll are having a great time…Joe please send me an e-mail address so I can pay pal you for my tee shirts. I included a few pics of the most recent 88 GT to call Texas home

FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
Here are some of my photos. Hopefully some of those that got video can get those up soon, hint hint.

On the ferry.

In front of the monument.

Tim and I trying to shoot my wife with the gun. They allowed you to climb on the guns and aim them at whatever you wanted. From this perspective I am on the right and I am controling the up and down of the gun and Tim on the left is controling the left to right of the gun.

Me over my loyal subjects.

On the beach.

Blake picked up some seaweed while doing his mandatory donuts on the beach.

This is going to be a b!tch to clean.

Good night shot.

It was a great Ruckus and I want to thank Don and Joe for all the work they did to make it happen.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Nice Mera

Horrible yellow coupe

Sanderson's coupe from Corpus Christie,Texas with the Quad 4 swap done real nice.

Swapped 3800SC

4.9 Caddie

3400 DOHC

3800 NA

Nice Choptop

All Lined up

Centexindy remember this one?

Red Cars One of my favotites

Nice Gold Coupe

Nice White GT

Black GT

BB35 Battleship Texas

14" Guns

Tourists

Proud1 jscott1's ride with the 4.9 conversion at the resterant in Galveston

Lined up in Galveston

Good time had by all.

I want to than Don ,(MaryJane), and his wife Jane for setting up a great Texas Ruckus and hope every one makes it home without any problems, or a trip to Jail.

Good friends, good food, great scenery, neet little cars! What else could a guy ask for in life?
Joe Crawford

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-11-2009).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I am back home--back home in the mud. It was so nice to spend 2 full days on cement, especially with a great group of folks--some from Oklahoma travelled + 600 miles just to get there. (Hope you Okies have a safe trip back home and hope the rain holds off)

I'll upload my pics a few at a time----being on dialup, I haven't even been able to view all the ones already posted yet.

I want to thank all who attended for making the trip, and especially want to thank Joe for all the help as well.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69657 posts
Member since Apr 2001
pics

1st 'full' group of Fieros waiting to get on the 15 car capacity ferry. Ferry had 14 Fieros and 1 dang SUV on it.

Side view of Fieros on Battleship Row.

Rear view of same.

Here's the shot I envisioned weeks ago when I planned this Ruckus!!!
It blew me away when I downloaded it on my computer--now my desktop.

Again--thanks for coming, hope by now most if not all are home safely.

Each of you can truthfully say, you've walked on hallowed ground, where men fought and died for freedom.
Growing up there, I can't tell you the number of times I've roamed those grounds and that wonderful old Dreadnaught of a ship, and imagined what it was like to have heard the cannons roar and felt that ship rock when the main batterys fired. Texas fought in both world wars, including D-Day, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa.

Sat Night---"planning commission for next year's Ruckus".
(Did you guys really have to leave all those bottles and cans in the back of my truck?)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-11-2009).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
Great Pics,
It looks like you guys had lots of fun. Sorry I missed that one.
ViperBlue85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ViperBlue85GTSend a Private Message to ViperBlue85GTDirect Link to This Post
If my EGR valve didn't crack I would have been there. Can't wait until next meet. Cliff let's shoot for around here... San Antonio, Kerrville or somewhere near here if we have enough people interested.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ViperBlue85GT:

If my EGR valve didn't crack I would have been there. Can't wait until next meet. Cliff let's shoot for around here... San Antonio, Kerrville or somewhere near here if we have enough people interested.

I hinted to Cliff yesterday.
Joe
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Chili's Friday night

The line up

A sweet Indy that I want to chop.

Very clean car Well built the engine was posted before

Houston we have yellow

and gold I liked this car very clean

JScott caught ya looking
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I made it home, IN THE RAIN! but it washed off some of the salty/sand mix on there , BUT it was grimey dirty road water
Don Great RRR! I had a wonderful time! A little shakey at first but even the weather was in your favor! A really great treat to see Jane!
Thanks to the OK group! man you guys are GREAT!! what a drive you you huh!! High praise indeed!
I am still getting the sand out of my car. I got some great shots on the beach! What a cool one time deal!
When you have a great group of friends(and Steven) to hang out with and smoke high quality cigars, who needs taco cabana!! We had the cast from "King of The Hill" show up and Blake doing his best "getting into a T-Top car" still ain't pretty Yeah the club President club is getting larger it seems! We had several "prez" things to talk about. where the next show will be and who will step up and Host. (I don't remember if there was a final word yet.I think some scouting is in order first.) Check with your club presidents.
ok so all in all I thought this RRR was a

NOW
ON

WITH THE

SHOW
PICS
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Showing off the 4.9

one of my wife's favs

Two Choppers talking shop

Blake having flashbacks of trying to fit in my car last year

I do not think a chop is in going to work here

JScott snapping a few pics
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

And that was when it was clean Tim, white sure gets dirty....

Good thing these cars are short

LXX_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LXX_FieroSend a Private Message to LXX_FieroDirect Link to This Post
You guys appear to have had a great time. I hope to meet some of you when my car is done. Right now my fiero has a blown engine and no parts to build with. thanks for the pictures.

~mike
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Blake and his Chemical City

I guess we, well Blake is... I think he ... aw hell who know what he is doing...

Poor Galveston...

Then the "kids: had to play in the sand

Blake had to show the kids how it was done in his days..

he even built a sandcastle with seaweed banners

Don't forget the echo tunnel !!!

and last thing I saw neat, skyscrapers under clouds
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

After seeing this very nice car my wife wants one

up to no good

HI MOM

This is one of my favorite pictures.

and this one of JScott stroke n my car

on the move

don't ask

We had a great time as always, I want to thank everyone and hope to see it happen in Oklahoma next year I think we can make it happen. One of my Highlights was following JScott all the way from east beach to 59. I do not know if he knew I was behind him but two chops were together all the way back and we were getting a lot of looks.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ViperBlue85GT:

We had a great time as always, I want to thank everyone and hope to see it happen in Oklahoma next year I think we can make it happen.

I too would like to see it in Ok!
I believe the next 2 October events(Ruckii?) [Ruckus 9 =Okies]and [Ruckus 10=NTFC] are already spoken for. Thats Oct 2010 and 2011.

I would like very much to host 2013's--Ruckus 12.
Don

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-11-2009).]

Dgzfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DgzfieroSend a Private Message to DgzfieroDirect Link to This Post
Got home a little while ago. We took 290(I think) to austin then 35 back home, traffic came to a stop 3 times on us. All of that added about an hour to the time. It rained pretty much from austin up to OKC. Should of went back up the way I came I think. Had a good time though anyways. Oh the exhaust is still intact, two ruckus's and counting.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Sucks you guys were in my city and I didn't have a Fiero to run this year. Looks like you all had a blast. Thanks for posting those pictures!
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

We had a great time as always, I want to thank everyone and hope to see it happen in Oklahoma next year I think we can make it happen. One of my Highlights was following JScott all the way from east beach to 59. I do not know if he knew I was behind him but two chops were together all the way back and we were getting a lot of looks.

Yeah it's hard to come up with an interesting road course in Houston, but the site of Fieros 3 wide going down the road was much cooler than I expected. Even Curley would have been happy to see a couple of chop tops rolling together.

Here's a few movies I made...forgive the camera work, I was holding the camera with my right hand, shifting a 6 speed with a my left hand and steering with my knee.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 10-12-2009).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Made it home a few hours back--Nothing but rain the while way back just like Friday but we all made it back with no issues. I have more pictures that Jim took that I will post up tomorrow.

Had a great time and was good to see everyone.

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I'm still in Mo. City...

I went to change out the plugs, wires and do an oil change and ran into an issue. One of the plugs was cross-threaded. It just had to be on the foward side where there is no room to do anything. I don't know what other option I have other than throwing that same plug back in and looking at it later when i get back to Ft. Worth. Wish me luck.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I'm putting in another order for tee shirts if anyone wants more. PM me please.
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Finally I have photos to post. It took a bit to figure how to get them from our phones to the computer.

Even people from other vehicles got out to take pics of our Fieros.

How fitting...

And now the very few pics that I took...

It wasn't easy, but I finally caught Revin in my mirror.

Paul and I had a great time! Thanks to all who had a hand in putting this together.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Where's Blakes pictures? He told me he had a new fancy camera that didn't need to get wet.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-13-2009).]

FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
Remind me everyone, did Blake go the whole weekend without any run ins with the popo?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroReinke:

Remind me everyone, did Blake go the whole weekend without any run ins with the popo?

Hmph!
You have any idea how many favors i called and how much extortion $ I had to pay--how many officers I had to buy for that to happen? Hookers for cops ain't cheap!!! Even my own nephew at Baytown PD wanted in on the graft.
Blake owes me big time.

The only reason they didn't nail him in Galveston is that Joe still has connections there.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Even my own nephew at Baytown PD wanted in on the graft.
Blake owes me big time.

It also helped that we had Blake tucked in behind a row of Fieros and ran interference for him.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock