Started on: 03-22-2009 12:28 PM
Replies: 38
Last post by: KVCFIERO on 08-30-2009 08:50 PM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Cool. Glad that car went to a good home.

------------------

88 Coupe: Modded 4.9L V8 5 speed
www.geocities.com/fast88fiero

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Happy to see you back in the game Look great
Rob
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Nice car, but I'm not digging those pinstripes.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
ditto on the pinstripes.
Spune

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpuneSend a Private Message to SpuneDirect Link to This Post
I have to agree on the pinstrips, I am really diggin the GT behind the front wheels that looks wicked!
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spune:

I have to agree on the pinstrips, I am really diggin the GT behind the front wheels that looks wicked!

I like the GT emblem also. Nice looking Fiero.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I like it. But I can't wait to see what you're going to do with it. I know it's gonna be gooood.

------------------
Follow me for GAS
------------------

GT-maniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-maniacSend a Private Message to GT-maniacDirect Link to This Post
Looks good, just like my 85 GT.Needs a good cleaning though. Also is that a crease in the front fenderwell maybe form a collision in the past ? Interesting that the deckilid seal is gone like it should be on a Fiero that's had the recall work done. Yet it still has the original pre-recall air cleaner hose. My 87 GT was the exact opposite. I wonder if a lot of shops only did part of the recall ?

[This message has been edited by GT-maniac (edited 03-27-2009).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Once a Fiero owner, always a Fiero owner. Where else can you buy a good looking mid engined plastic bodied car that provides reasonably good handling, offers numerous engine swap choices, suspension upgrades and quite a few interior mods in the range of $300- $4000.? Most of us cannot afford an expensive new sports performance car like a Corvette, Crossfire, T-Bird, or Ion but with a Fiero you can buy the platform build it the way you want it, and have all the fun for far less.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 03-28-2009).]

FieroCS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCSSend a Private Message to FieroCSDirect Link to This Post
ooohhhh..I miss it already !!!! looks good in your driveway thou..your all in for a treat if he does what he says he going to do to it.. Im glad it was you who got it..I got the gt logos from a ram air grand am in a junk yard.. all my gts will have them..I love how it looks..good luck with your plans..oh yeah the pin stripes were their when I got it and I said the same thing (they got to go) after a while they grew on me so I left them ..they were painted on and faded and I redone them with sticker stripe..trust me it looks better in person
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
We knew you couldn't stay away for too long!!!!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all! The stripes don't look too bad in person but they will go. The transformation will take a long time but it's a great canvas to start from. I'll be updating this thread as I work on it. I do have a few things that take precedence (wedding, honeymoon, summer without primary job, etc).

Step one is to get it reliable which shouldn't be too bad. I got a clamp by the fuel filter replaced that was causing a fuel leak replaced, and the cat was replaced with a straight pipe but not completely welded and got that welded. A bit quieter but good rumble. The brakes are squeaking and that's next on the list, if I don't get a radio in it first!

I think I need a new part, kinda an important one:
Can anyone help?
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Can,t help you on that one for parts but somebody else may , but I see fierostore got them also by the pair But will keep a eye to your thread to something else you may need and Imay have that xtra part around to help you out . As long its not to heavy to ship lol .

Rob
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't think of what it was called.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
being that your in michigan, and they produce the WORST rust car's ever, ohio being in second place, How much rust is on the car if you dont mind me asking? unless its a garaged car, i dont know if i could ever buy another michigan, or northern ohio car again.

matthew
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Nah, I don't mind. Good time for before pics!

battery tray but it won't be there long...

The car was in a barn for 7 years so that helped. For a car that's 20 years old and from Michigan I think I lucked out. I'm intrigued by Eastwood http://www.eastwoodco.com/j...=CATEGORY&itemID=372 and their rust converting stuff.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
The fuel leak is worse. I had the front up on ramps for a few hours and there was a huge puddle of gas under the car. I had Belle Tire look at the fuel system while I had the wheels balanced and aligned. They said the lines are so rusty it's seeping through. The insurance of getting new lines is more than worth any future issues. I won't be going braided/stainless just yet, I want the car to be in great driving condition before I start modifying/blinging it. I know the engine is an older one and a replacement will be needed but until then it'll do. I'd like to do things in stages like replace the front suspension with all new/upgraded parts. I would like to swap in something newer and also a 6 speed trans but that will be much later. Next week is spring break so I'l have some time to play with the car (stupid phantom wipers...). The engine did come from a different car so who knows whet else is overly rusty. We'll see...
IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Direct Link to This Post
Nice Find!!!

I used the Eastwood Rust Converter for my Vette... Do Not Use It If You Plan On Sandblasting Or Removing The Rust With A Drill or something.....

If you remove any of the rust with something, the Eastwood rust converter will cause the parts to rust... Yah, go figure.
I completely sandblasted the Vette chassis and then used the Eastwood Rust Converter to get rid of the rust I couldn't sandblast. I had rust all over the cleaned up chassis.
I had to sandblast it again.
Inspect the parts well, if you are in doubt, replace the part. If the part is good, but plagued with surface rust, use the eastwood rust converter.

I use A Lot of Eastwood Products. I have 3 Classic cars I am restoring right now. Their products are good, but you really have to know when and how to use them.

Dave.

Edited because I forgot my name....

[This message has been edited by IFLYR22 (edited 03-31-2009).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I replaced part of the fuel line that was worn thru and changed the filter. The leaking continued but only when I refueled the car. I thought there was a hole in the filler tube and talked to a guy at work who looked at it. He pressurized the tank and no problems. His friend was able to reach up and he felt a hole. I got another filler tube and he replaced it.

The old one
I haven't removed the carpet behind the driver's seat, but I think there might be a few holes...

I also got a new steering wheel and he put that on, too.

I decided to start making it more mine
before

after

Turns out there was a strip of painted pinstriping under the red stripe. That will be gone soon... any suggestions? I know the paint is scratched but the red needs to go. It will be a while before it gets a new coat but I'm not ready for a multicolored body.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:
Turns out there was a strip of painted pinstriping under the red stripe. That will be gone soon... any suggestions? I know the paint is scratched but the red needs to go. It will be a while before it gets a new coat but I'm not ready for a multicolored body.

Might try a sham rag dipped in a bit of lacquer thinner. It shouldn't harm the base paint but it may take off the stripe. It just depends on how long it's been on there. It likely won't work, but it doesn't hurt to try.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
Looking forward to the build GoKart Mozart, I'll be watching.

Cheers,
Fiero2m8

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
before

after

The grills are still drying. I didn't do any prep besides wipe it clean because the whole car needs a paint job and the panels won't look the same by the time I get around for a good paint job. I used a satin black spray can and I do like the results. When it's cured I'll wash it and get some better pics than in my driveway. The red pinstripes won't last too much longer.
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Looking good
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003
Fiero2m8, Newbfiero, et al, thanks for the cudos!

Fixing the bugs and installing an auto dimming rear view mirror and a radio will be the biggest mods for a while.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Out with the old

in with the new

The problem is the old screw is too big so I have to find another one. I haven't installed the wiring yet but that will be soon.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Looking good........
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2009 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dan,
Car's looking good. Better than the one I took off your hands.

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

I think I need a new part, kinda an important one:

Can anyone help?

The pair I took off mine are yours if you want them. They're not it new condition, but they are better than those.

Bob

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2009 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

The pair I took off mine are yours if you want them. They're not it new condition, but they are better than those.

Bob

Can't beat that offer!

How is that car doing?
BtotheB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2009 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
Heh, when I saw the title I thought someone had bumped up my old topic....

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060811-1-059092.html
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2009 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Great minds think alike, X2 (aero notchie)! I plan on keeping this thread going even though sometimes it may be months between posts.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Went into the garage yesterday... rear tire flat.
Took it this morning to belle tire, dry rot. Glad it stayed together for the past weekend, hate to have seen it blow on MIS!
Rufus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rufus88Send a Private Message to Rufus88Direct Link to This Post
yeah, I went 2 years dry too, then I bought my GT, off the wagon again!!!! Darn LOL!

HAHHAHAHA, you use the same Fiero cup holder I do (very first picture of thread).

Hey got an idea, I live in Arizona and our cars don't really rust. Mine has zero rust and thats to include the battery tray! And this includes the "Just give me $50 and take it out of my yard" Fieros. Anyways I need to get myself a cheapy to see if I can do a chop top so I don't accidently turn my car into convertable, maybe we can strike a good deal on some parts if you still need some. I gotta find a cheapy first though, but in the mean time, what parts would you need?

[This message has been edited by Rufus88 (edited 08-07-2009).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
well welcome back... nice car.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Sat in it for the first time in 3 weeks. Got a couple parts and started to tinker...
A few years ago I picked up a cup holder. I set it in and it was a great fit. I'll be attaching it with velcro for now. I got it from the plant that made them, it was a reject but hard to tell, but I can't remember what vehicle it went into.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by Rufus88:
Hey got an idea, I live in Arizona and our cars don't really rust. Mine has zero rust and thats to include the battery tray! And this includes the "Just give me $50 and take it out of my yard" Fieros. Anyways I need to get myself a cheapy to see if I can do a chop top so I don't accidently turn my car into convertable, maybe we can strike a good deal on some parts if you still need some. I gotta find a cheapy first though, but in the mean time, what parts would you need?

Just saw this...

Thanks for the offer! I don't know what parts I'll need. Right now everything seems to be in decent order. As I get into it, I know things will need to be replaced but it's running ok for now and nothing is falling off. I'm going to be taking off parts in the near future that won't be getting replaced...
furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking car

------------------

KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIERODirect Link to This Post
I like it nice car and I might do the GT behind the front wheel on mine it looks good to me.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock