Time to discuss WestFest? by kevin
Started on: 02-13-2009 11:36 PM
Replies: 66
Last post by: SILVERMIST on 03-17-2009 12:47 AM
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
I thought it might be the right time to discuss the time and location for th '09 WestFest. Anybody have ideas this year? I thought somone said Redding, CA? I like that idea. Your thoughts...

Cordially,
Kevin
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
In my opinion, it is way too far north.

How about Tehachapi, CA?

Regards,

David
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
One thing that I notice about a lot of these get togethers is that they are always very far in south or very far north of the Bay Area. How about somewhere in the middle like San Francisco or the surrounding areas?
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
For the last few years, we've been trying to do them between SF and LA, and alternate north and south. This year is North. We were thinking Santa Cruz Mountains.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

For the last few years, we've been trying to do them between SF and LA, and alternate north and south. This year is North. We were thinking Santa Cruz Mountains.

Never been there. I look forward to it

------------------

SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
Where in the Santa Crus mountains? Ben Lomand,Felton,Boulder Creek(Reno's place).Anywhere in those mountains would be great.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

We were thinking Santa Cruz Mountains.

Good idea! I know there is time, nevertheless, I think it is still best to pick a time and date. Did we meet in Solvang in June last year? I am looking forward to it!

Cordailly,
Kevin
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I'm always surprised when I see people talking about CA events either being too far north or too far south. The Coast Run has happened for 6 years now and is 7 hours from Redding and 6 hours from San Diego. So it is fairly equal distance from which ever end of CA you come from... Yet we normally get one car from San Diego and none from up North. We have guys come from Nevada, Arizona, and even Colorado but the people on the ends of CA don't come and complain about events being too far north or too far south... I'm not complaining really. We have a great time at the Coast Run and we have lots of people attend. It just kinda strikes me as odd every time I see that discussion.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
The reason that I am mentioning it is that my car won't make it 7 hours to your area and it would be nice to see one of these events....since I have never been to ANY Fiero event anywhere due to distance.

Oh well, I guess I'll just bring the other Pontiac

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-14-2009).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
WestFest, just like the Coast Run, has never required a Fiero for participation/ Of course, it is always more fun when you have one. And we would love to have you join us for the Coast Run even if you only come meet us for lunch on the Northern end of our run. Quite a few people do that every year. Carmel, where we have lunch sometimes is only 98 miles from San Mateo.

Of course, this has no bearing on WestFest, which is the subject of this thread. I've been to WestFest about 4 times. I have only taken and entered a Fiero once. It is worth the drive, with or without a Fiero. When I lived on the East Coast, we had people who would drive their cars up to 18 hours to come to an event. For some reason CA is not like that. If you ever do make a Fiero event, you will understand that it is worth the drive.
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
If you're in San Mateo,come to the GGF meeting in Redwood City Tuesday night.We have lots of events in the area.
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SILVERMIST:

If you're in San Mateo,come to the GGF meeting in Redwood City Tuesday night.We have lots of events in the area.

Yup, and you don't have to bring a Fiero for that, either! Just show up in whatever brung ya, and have a good time!
85GT3.4Track4spdCar

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2009 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT3.4Track4spdCarSend a Private Message to 85GT3.4Track4spdCarDirect Link to This Post
'Vegas! Everyone likes to go there, rooms are at rock bottom prices and everyone likes to go there.
Also, probably get more attendee's from surrounding states if it was in 'Vegas?
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
We went to Vegas last time it was there. And would go again. We go to Vegas all the time. But dang! It is hot there in the summer!
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Songman,

It's too hot? No problem. You would rather it be too cold? Have you ever been to Buffalo, NY? It is never "too hot"; if so, have another beer, that will cool you off. Mmmm..... Vegas or Redding, CA?, either one is an excellent choice See you there...

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 02-16-2009).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Didn't say TOO hot. Just said hot. I live in Bakersfield. It gets 116 here in the summer. Vegas is only slightly hotter than that. And yes, I have been to Buffalo. And in the winter too. I don't mind the cold... Just a little difficult getting your car to a show through all the snow. haha.

Like I said before... I'm not complaining. John will find a great place to hold WestFest. But I can almost guarantee that if it is in Redding you won't get hardly anyone from the South. At least that is how it has been in the past. Someone tried to do an event in Redding once and it flopped. And WestFest has been in Truckee a few times which is in the same general area for all practical purposes. Don't get me wrong. I like Redding. I have spent some time out in Palo Cedro myself. Redding just hasn't been a successful place for a Fiero event in the past.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:
We have guys come from......even Colorado......

Now who might that be?

I was so upset that I missed the last coast run. I will definitely be there this year though......I'm already making vacation plans. I'd love to make a WestFest one of these years too, but that may never happen (unless I move closer). I do like the idea of a Vegas show every blue moon though....Vegas, to me, is like Jell-O.......there's always room for it!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mike! We missed you this past year. Still planning to move to Vegas in the future? Stay in touch with us!
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Hey Mike! We missed you this past year. Still planning to move to Vegas in the future? Stay in touch with us!

Meh......maybe one day I'll make it to Vegas! I have a fairly decent job now with some potential, so I can't go anywhere right now. There is a possibility for a big jump in rank & pay in a couple of months, but if that doesn't happen then I will be rethinking things once again and Vegas might just be where I wind up. That said, what's the job market like in Bakersfield? Ya never know!

Either way, I'll be at the coast run this year (probably in the Bugeye again tho).
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Everybody I know that wants to work is working... I'm so busy I can't even think straight! But I wouldn't recommend anyone move here. Especially from Colorado! The lack of scenery and the heat would kill you! It was tough enough on my just coming here from North GA and TN.
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post

We went to Vegas last time it was there. And would go again. We go to Vegas all the time. But dang! It is hot there in the summer!

Vegas gets my vote, especially since I can just sit down, and already be there.
PFF
System Bot
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
Folks:

Let's reconsider Tehachapi. The beautiful Tehachapi Valley is an oasis located in the mountains between the San Joaquin Valley and the Mojave Desert, offering a cool haven from the arid desert heat and the sprawling lowlands of the valley. Featuring sparkling blue skies that turn into star filled nights with unending depth, the beauty of Tehachapi is seen in every setting. The diversity of the area offers something for everyone, small town neighborhoods, mountains filled with oak and pine trees sheltering the most rustic to the most luxurious homes, sprawling ranches and everything in between, all beautifully displayed in the splendor of four wonderfully distinct seasons.

Tehachapi:
- Is at 4,000 feet and very pleasant in the summer
- Is scenic and has some excellent curvy roads all over the place for an outing
- Has several places for the car show
- Has an active hotroding, car show population and would probably have lots of non Fiero attendees
- Has nice moderately priced hotels (negotiated rates probably less than $75)
- Has a lot of Fiero owners in the area
- Is the home of West Coast Fiero

Tehachapi is:
- 447 miles from Phoenix
- 325 miles from San Francisco
- 246 miles from Las Vegas
- 232 miles from San Diego
- 157 miles from Orange County
- 136 miles from Riverside
- 115 miles from Los Angeles
- 40 miles from Bakersfield

WCF and I can help with the arrangements.

Give it a thought and some consideration.

Regards,

David
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if I can make it, but I will keep my eye on this thread just in case I can...
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
VEGAS!!!

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
Las Vegas Fiero Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

sardonyx247

5032 posts
Member since Jun 2003
You allready have a event on the coast, why have two?
Bring westfest closer to the other states, remember people from cali, there are other states than you.

Another Vote for Vegas
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
I would go to an event in Vegas,but not in late June or early July.That's when Westfest is always scheduled.Putting on a show is a lot of work.Larry from San Diego and John from Golden Gate Fieros do a great job with little thanks.If you want a show in Nevada ,I suggest the Vegas and Reno people get together and put on a show in the Spring.
FieroStudent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStudentSend a Private Message to FieroStudentDirect Link to This Post
I Second Vegas!
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
Edited for content that may have been offensive to some, my apologies.

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 02-28-2009).]

SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
Washington and Western Canada have their own shows every year.I went to the show in Washington a couple of years ago.Great show and class people.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I hijacked a thread? My apologies. My intent was just to correct the statement that until now there have been no annual Fiero events in the West when in fact there are two... And honestly, Colorado is really not even West. It is sorta western middle...
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
BTW did I say I vote for Vegas
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

sardonyx247

5032 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Bear, there are alot of votes for Vegas, don't ignore us like you always do.
May as well call it cali fest as you never intend to take it outa cali.
BTW all Westfest has NEVER been out of cali.
It was the FOCOA show, then Vegas fest, then west fest. West fest has ALWAYS been in cali.
So call it cali fest or move it outs of cali and make it the true West fest.
ALOT of us do NOT like to go to cali, bad laws for cars, I can't even drive with my neons on.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
Las Vegas Fiero Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
I vote for Maui.Then we can have a real Westfest.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
, and Who will be the first guy to put a surfboard on the roof of his Fiero? As a matter of fact, I don't think I saw a Fiero with a surfboard on it before? Anyway, let's explore this Vegas idea...

Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 02-17-2009).]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
I want VEGAS to be the spot this year for WestFest... Plus we have the Vegas club to meet...

It's never to hot for a cold drink and some tail --- I mean candy for the eye... Plus there's A/C all over the place.

shhh... don't tell my wife what I said. I am a very loyal husband - ask anyone
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post

I hijacked a thread? My apologies. My intent was just to correct the statement that until now there have been no annual Fiero events in the West when in fact there are two... And honestly, Colorado is really not even West. It is sorta western middle...

Hey I was just kidding you about the hijacking.
Maybe some day when I have more vacation time and more money I will make the trip out to CA with my Fiero. I like CA I used to have family there, I would visit CA about 5 times a year for about 10 years, the Newport area was kind of like my second home. My Mom was born in Taft CA. a small oil town.
Too bad Amtrak does not have an auto train for the west, if they had a route from CO. to CA or NV I would be at WestFest it would be great you could relax view all the scenery on the way and be rested when you arrived and still have your Fiero to drive while you are there. http://www.amtrak.com/servl...81256321200&ssid=134
I wonder why they only have one auto train route and it is from Lorton VA to Sanford FL. I would have thought they would have an auto train route from east to west.

Christine
And honestly, no technically Colorado is in the Western United States:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_United_States
http://www.americanwest.com/
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
I think the last Vegas fest was in 2003.

Is there a message there?
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

And honestly, no technically Colorado is in the Western United States:

Your east of me.
85GT3.4Track4spdCar

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2009 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT3.4Track4spdCarSend a Private Message to 85GT3.4Track4spdCarDirect Link to This Post
'Vegas Baby!!!
Zefyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZefyrSend a Private Message to ZefyrDirect Link to This Post
Vegas baby, hookers and blow lol
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock