Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  West Coast Fiero BBQ - October 4th - Tehachapi, CA (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
West Coast Fiero BBQ - October 4th - Tehachapi, CA by Steven Snyder
Started on: 09-17-2008 04:37 PM
Replies: 61
Last post by: Chicken McNizzle on 10-07-2008 08:06 PM
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
It's that time of the year again, WCF is having their Fall BBQ on Saturday, October 4th. As usual, it will start around 10AM. The BBQ will start out at the shop where everyone can check out the shop and look at the cool projects that are in progress. The BBQ will then move to Chris' house nearby in the late afternoon or evening. If you plan on arriving late and think you might miss the shop, call in the morning or afternoon (661-822-8111) or get in touch with a buddy so you can get directions.

This is taking place at WCF's new shop. It's much larger than the old one, has tons of space for projects, plentiful lighting, and no LA traffic! There are some great projects being worked on down at the shop right now, including a turbo Aurora V8 with an NSX transmission, a heavily modded Series III 3800SC, a turbo 3.4 DOHC, and an LS4.

The shop address is 20826 South Street, Tehachapi, CA 93561. If you need to call, the phone # is 661-822-8111.
Use this link for directions:
http://maps.google.com/maps...089&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17
Type your address where it says "A" then click on "Get Directions."

If you're not sure about going because its a long lonely drive for you, post a reply here so others know you're interested. There are usually NorCal and SoCal caravans to the BBQ.

See you all on Saturday the 4th!

------------------

1988 Pontiac Fiero 3.4 DOHC V6 5-speed
California Smog Legal!

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 09-17-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RieClick Here to visit Rie's HomePageSend a Private Message to RieDirect Link to This Post
Yipee-- Songman and I will be there

(ok Songman?)
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I don't know,...the last time I was there it snowed
We did not stay long last time but it was cool.

Not sure if we will be there for the BBQ but I will need some mounts. Maybe I will go pick them up in person?

------------------

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2008 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey Steve I sure would to make it out. It's possible.

You bring the Guitar and I'll bring the bad singing. With booze and a lot of background noise it may turn out all right.
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Hey Steve I sure would to make it out. It's possible.

You bring the Guitar and I'll bring the bad singing. With booze and a lot of background noise it may turn out all right.

It'd be great to hang out with you. Hopefully you can make it down. Right now it looks like I will be going to LA on Sunday after the BBQ to go lobstering, so I'im not sure if I will have room to pack the guitar but I'll try!
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I may have a prior commitment that weekend, but if not, I'll come up.
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Looks like another Fieros West caravan.......we'll have to figure out who's all interested and plan on the caravan. For those who are interested please chime in and let us know so that we can plan on where we are going to hook up and at what time. I'm sure we will have the usual suspects caravaning....you know who you are!!!

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
Folks:

I will be there and maybe we can have a first start ceremony for my, " heavily modded Series III 3800SC?"

Regards,

David
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
Too bad it's like 410 miles from my house. and i am broke.
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like we're getting somewhere with the attendant list now ;-). This should be the best BBQ yet. For those of you who have not seen the new shop.. it's awesome.

David that's great that you'll be able to make it out from Texas. Hope to see you there!
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
^
PFF
System Bot
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Will probably be there for at least part of the day, probably have to take off in the early afternoon.
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Well so far have not heard from the usual suspects....take that back Chet told me he has prior commitment and the rest still waiting for their response.....we'll let you guys know just as soon as I hear anything. Then we will plan our caravan......

------------------

D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
Jess:

Look forward to seeing you in Tehachapi along with all the other suspects.

Regards,

David
Fast Red

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget the BBQ is in a couple of weeks
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
It's not looking good for some of the usual suspects......some people have prior engagements......keep you all posted!!!!

------------------

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
Did an email get sent out to the Fieros West mailing list about the BBQ?
Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna be there - leaving from Santa Clarita valley, who wants/needs to caravan?

------------------
Recanizin' Flat-Buns Since 2001

Eric Nelson
Internet Sales Manager
Power Ford Valencia
nelsone@autonation.com

nocuttt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nocutttSend a Private Message to nocutttDirect Link to This Post
Jess where the caravan dey man?

[This message has been edited by nocuttt (edited 09-24-2008).]

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nocuttt:

Jess where the caravan dey man?

Well, no one's chiming in on who's who are interested in caravaning to the BBQ.....Chet has a prior commitment and the rest I have not heard from whether they are committed in going or not. I myself have not committed....so stay tuned!!!!

------------------

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
My ride has been lightened a little... I could push it there but................. I'll propably pass also. I'm sorry.

-----------------------

Hey... Some people work on Friday...... Two jobs even.

---------------------

I've got some new pictures on my Flickr photo album... http://www.flickr.com/photos/7692566@N04/ .......Long block is pretty much stripped. I'm waiting on Precision Engines in Houston to get back to me. It looks like now for a couple weeks I'll be straight cleaning, lightly sanding and some painting.

Does anyone know the powder-coat color red (brand or color #) that is on the intake manifold and valve covers. Incase I want to match with powder-coating. Mines in good shape but I've noticed little nicks in places. I'm still working on finding a tranny place to do a overhaul (hot tank, seals, gaskets, bearings, etc) My tranny seems to be in good shape otherwise though. I've been to one place and they wanted $850...... I told him that the tranny was OUT of the car and that I didn't want to buy one. He said if it were in the car, it would be an extra $400.

----------------- I walked out!
PFF
System Bot
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's official......I'll have to pass on this event also. I'm sorry.....I'm sure I will miss another nice get together at the shop. Have fun ya all.....hopefully the usual suspects will make the next one.....

------------------

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that Jess. Hopefully you can come out at the next get together! Do you know if an email got sent out to the Fieros West list in case anyone on there wants to go that doesn't read the forum?
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post
it would be nice to go i've bought like $1800.00 in parts from them. but im all the way up here in oregon 14hrs away lol. and the main reason is my car is not tunned yet.
well get some pictures for the ones that cant make it.

[This message has been edited by 3.6lvvt6spdgt (edited 09-26-2008).]

rx191

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rx191Send a Private Message to rx191Direct Link to This Post
think i'm going to cruise out, i'm like an hour from you and haven't driven my car in 3 weeks, so we will see! count me in right now though
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
I would drive in and be there but have a military prior commitment
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2008 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
Reminder: The BBQ is this coming Saturday.
bobm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2008 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bobmSend a Private Message to bobmDirect Link to This Post
Opinions Please!

How is WCF on shipping out orders. I placed a small order as a prelude to a larger one just to see how it would go. I am waiting about 3+ weeks and the last time I called was about 10 days ago and I was told it would be going out?
What is the norm for these people so I know what to expect should I place another order.

Thanks
Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
Depends on what you ordered...

So anywho... BBQ this Saturday, whats the final count? me and a couple others?

------------------
Recanizin' Flat-Buns Since 2001

Eric Nelson
Internet Sales Manager
Power Ford Valencia
nelsone@autonation.com

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Bob, this is not really the thread to ask that question but I can further the answer that Chicken McNizzle gave you. WCF is a custom shop. They do not have stuff sitting around on the shelves in most cases. You order it, they build it. So like McNizzle said, it depends on what you ordered. And also on how many other custom orders are in front of you. I can tell you that even though custom parts take longer, the quality is definitely worth the wait.

Now, back to the original subject of this thread... the WCF BBQ.. I don't know that Marie and I are going to make it, but we are going to try. I've got to go to Northern CA on Friday to pick up a new bus I bought and if I can get back early enough Saturday we will try to run by for a little while. Both of my Fieros are still at the custom shop in L.A. so we will be in Rie's HHR if we make it. If we can't make it, I hope everyone has a great time.

BTW - I talked to Orville today and it looks like him and his wife may try to come by in his Series III 3800SC custom chopped top hot rod. That alone is enough reason for people to come by.

------------------
The 6th Annual California Coast Run
October 24-26, 2008
http://www.fiero-performance.com

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
Dale I hope you can make it! Good luck with the bus. Sounds like a project!
I've never seen one of Orville's cars in person.. that should be cool.

Who is driving up from the LA area? I will probably be in LA on Friday so I'll be driving up from Westwood in the morning. The plan is to rendezvous at the gas station off Sand Canyon Rd off Hwy 14 sometime around 8:00 or 8:30AM.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I have confirmed the day off. Dale, if you make it we could meet up in Bakersfield and race up the moutain.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I have confirmed the day off. Dale, if you make it we could meet up in Bakersfield and race up the moutain.

Now I'm jealous.

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

Sorry to hear that Jess. Hopefully you can come out at the next get together! Do you know if an email got sent out to the Fieros West list in case anyone on there wants to go that doesn't read the forum?

As far as I know.....I think I emailed David to make sure to post the event on our web site....but don't qoute me on that. We will definately be there on the next get together......hope ya all have a nice BBQ....

------------------

nocuttt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nocutttSend a Private Message to nocutttDirect Link to This Post

Who is driving up from the LA area? I will probably be in LA on Friday so I'll be driving up from Westwood in the morning. The plan is to rendezvous at the gas station off Sand Canyon Rd off Hwy 14 sometime around 8:00 or 8:30AM.

Herro Staiven...lol!! I will have to google that because I have no idea what you just said hahahha. Cool you will be in LA; I can just meet up wiss you then...Woopie (knock on wood)
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I don't know, Rick! You think that 3.5 could hang with the massive 2.2 in the HHR?

------------------
The 6th Annual California Coast Run
October 24-26, 2008
http://www.fiero-performance.com

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I'm only a couple of miles from Westwood, so I'll be convoying with Steven if anyone else wants to join.
Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post

Quite literally 5 seconds away from my house - I will meet you guys there - look for a red SRT-4
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
Cool, see you there!

T, Sand Canyon Rd is directly off of Hwy 14 a little ways from I-5. We'll meet at the Mobil parking lot.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
Things have changed for me.... I'll be there too but with no Fiero. Mapquest says that it is a two hour or so drive from Fontana. See you guys there....... What time is lunch?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock