Started on: 03-22-2008 03:18 PM
Replies: 81
Last post by: MX3GUY on 10-27-2008 06:56 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Well, gents (and ladies)

Chris and Kyle left here 10 minutes ago. Showed up as promised, and were extremely professional the whole time.

I'm impressed to the point I offered them my car (once its done) as thier photo Fiero.

They spent the entire time taking every single measurment possible, and the machine work they brought with them was top-notch. I've worked in car factories---and there is nowhere near that quality on the floor.

These guys are NOT--repeat NOT--yahoos or scam artists.

Extremely intelligent 20-somethings who have one hell of a lot of skill, and determination, who really-really do care about making thier product perfect.

Not only kudos, but I'll give them my full support.

Well done guys.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
If they get it done, and done right I will be in the market.

Cory
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Pics?
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, sounds like everythings falling into place
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Good stuff!

I'm glad to hear they are clearing up the old problems!

I've said from day one that I was interested in one of their kits. Still am
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:Not only kudos, but I'll give them my full support.

That's great news Mid, I'm glad you've started a new "fresh" thread on this progress
As I said B4 if they make it right and have it ready for the 25th, there's going to be a lineup at their booth

------------------

T-Top Conversion~Dual HUD~LED Setup~Red Fieros~Montreal Club~Carputer

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for a set once there is a happy customer with the new + improved version.

Greg

------------------

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2008 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Pics?

Sorry, no pics this time. I'll make sure to suggest they bring a camera for the final fit-up session, since I dont have the equipment or a high-speed internet connection to do it properly.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Mid!

I got the same feeling from Chirs and Kyle when I met them this past July. The hinges were "almost" there. I'm looking forwards to them providing a real solution - and made in Canada to boot!

Once they've the work done they'll have Jay, yours and my car to take pics of - three different cars - with our full blessings. Should keep them in production for a few years!

Dave
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hey Everyone,

Mike - It was great to finally get to meet you and to talk. We really appreciate the help and all of the support as well as all the kind words. Thank you for allowing us to use your car for photos as well, as the more photos we can get the better. We will also use your car to take pictures of every step of the installation process so that we have a great set of instructions that will go with every kit. We really do care about our products, and want them to function great, and with Mikes generous offer, this will be possible. We look forward to meeting next time with a kit ready for installation and testing.

Madcurl - Next time we are at Mikes, we will definitely bring a camera to take as many pictures as possible of the kit itself, as well as the installation procedure. We will also make some videos of the tests and kit in action.

Dave - Thank you for the kind words as well. We are working to make a real solution so that the kit functions flawlessly. It will be great to get your car, Jays, and Mikes all with the new and improved kit on it, and the photos will be great as well as a huge help.

As for the measurements we took at Mikes, we were able to make some significant changes to the kit that will allow us to make this kit work as it should, and the installation go as it should. Once we have the new kit tested, we will post pictures and list the numerous changes that have been made, as well as how they effect the operation of the kit. This will help give everyone an understanding of how the kit is doing what it is.

Thanks again,

Chris and Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2008 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Cool guys. I'll have a couple halogen spots so there is plenty of video-quality light, as well as have the garage in presentable shape so the video and pics dont look like they were shot in a junkyard.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 03-23-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

I will reserve judgment until there are satisfied customers and Chris and Kyle have been around for a while without disappearing into the night.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
I will reserve judgment until there are satisfied customers and Chris and Kyle have been around for a while without disappearing into the night.

J,

I respect your point. I'm sure willing to give the guys another shot. With three of us, all relatively local, you have a good mix of guys to give the feedback you'll need to move ahead. Time will tell, but the progress they are making and the fact they are being up-front is a really good way to wash out the past and start anew.

Dave
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

ditto, but let's hope for the best.
If these guys prove themselves, the product, make the wrongs right & stick to proper business & personal ethics, then they may go far in regaining people's respect & confidence.

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 03-24-2008).]

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Hi all. I must say that I am confortable right now with the way things are going. The guys are being very open and are communicating well, which is key for me. They are going to be in touch with me this weekend to see where things are at.

As it stands my car is apart anyhow, trying to track an electrical gremlin. Any of you local guys electrical gurus? (no thread jacking intended)

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

The progress thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077740.html

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 03-25-2008).]

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hey Everyone,

Jscott1 and OHNIKO - Completely understandable. What we are trying to do is correct all of our mistakes as well as develop a product that works as it should, so that in the long run, we can regain peoples trust and confidence. We are trying to be very open and up front with everyone during this whole process so that everyone knows what is going on.

Dave - you are absolutely correct, having you three around to supply feedback on the new kit and everything will be a huge help and we really appreciate it.

Jay - thank you for the kind words again. We will be in touch with you this weekend regarding how things are coming along.

Thanks,
Chris and Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
eeeexcellent! :}

------------------
Jay Brintnell

macphail8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for macphail8Send a Private Message to macphail8Direct Link to This Post
Interested in hearing how this all turns out and what the price will be to see about making the drive from Kingston to London.

Cheers, Derek

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2008 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys.......It didn't happen this weekend, but will next. 90% my fault and not the Extreme guys.

I have a very large property to do spring clean-up on, and have folks beeeeetching a blue streak at me about what isn't done yet. To be honest, I have'nt touched the car in 10 days at least. Just no time for it.

OTOH, it IS kinda neat watching flames shoot 50 feet up (I'm serious) burning of dead brush
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good MEM. Chris, Kyle, MEM, I will call you all later this week with my new phone # and address. Packed up my shop this weekend :{

------------------
Jay Brintnell

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 04-21-2008).]

MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post
Any update?
PFF
System Bot
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering the same thing :}

------------------
Jay Brintnell

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

As I started in the past I'm still interested in acquring their hinges. That is, once all the bugs have been worked out. Oh yea, the bolt on type and not the welded type.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
I've spoken with the guys, and the hinges are done/ready to go. We are just having some "fun" getting all our different schedules to line up.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-28-2008).]

MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post
Im soo sorry to keep bugging this board for help for the MX3 community. Its been two weeks since my last contact with Chris and Kyle,
They said to keep our contacts to PM's and emails but they have yet to respond in two weeks time. Is anyone willing to help? I would LOVE it if someone was able to get ALL of our parts from them and I will paypal you MONEY to ship all the parts to me. Chris and Kyle contacted me two weeks ago saying all parts would ship within a week to a week and a half. That obviously hasnt happened.
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Chris, Kyle, how about an update from the horses mouth guys? My car still sits with the doors apart, and the nice weather is upon us...

------------------
Jay Brintnell

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Looking for updates too... I'd still like to buy a set once all the BS is worked out...
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-13-2008 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
The last I talked to them last week, the hinges were getting sealed bearings for movement in the vertical plane, which should result in a smoother motion, plus greatly increase longevity.
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Did they say how much of a delay this design change was going to create? For the amount my car get's used, I'd be happy with a regular set. I just want it back together. We're into mid-may.
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Come on guys. The silence is maddenning.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Mem, Anything? Why is everything so quiet again...

------------------
Jay Brintnell

PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
updates?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-19-2008 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
I spoke to them on the phone over the weekend, and for both our work schedules to line up will take a couple weeks or so, and I'm going to use that time to weld in new rockers on the car, meaning the needed body panels will be off it for 2-3 weeks.

The biggest glitch right now is they are working in the construction Industry, and I am on the road for 12-14 hours a day since all my wrench-turning-activities are at the clients location. Its just a REAL bad time of year for getting 3 peoples free time to line up all at once.
MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post
I wish they would reply to my emails. Its been almost a month since they promised to ship our parts and I have emailed them at LEAST a dozen times.
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Before your test car came back into this, they were going to work on mine. It's still sitting and waiting with sagging doors. If you are not available, They can come by try things out any time they like on mine . If they can call me back, I can play with my schedule a bit.

We need to keep the ball rolling here, one way or another.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I find it kind of interesting. I know these two guys with Fieros. One has a bad experience and some vendors let him down. The second has another try thinking that somehow the fellows that let his friend down will somehow treat him differently.

Hmm...... I spent 30+ years investigating fraudsters. I am therefore somewhat skeptical about the whole thing working out well for my 2 friends. That said, I wish them well and I hope Xtreme Doors is just incompetent and/or naive, and not the sort to deliberately victimize nice guys.

the "jaded" Arn
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Before your test car came back into this, they were going to work on mine. It's still sitting and waiting with sagging doors. If you are not available, They can come by try things out any time they like on mine . If they can call me back, I can play with my schedule a bit.

We need to keep the ball rolling here, one way or another.

Actually, Jay if I was you I would slap the doors back on stock hinges, that way you dont loose a season. I knew from the outset of this project that in all honesty it would probably be sitting on jackstands for 14-24 months, so I really wasnt loosing a season or a daily driver by offering it up. My body guy is so far behind schedule there is absolutely no way mine will be back together on the road before this time next year, so I am just going to spend the rest of the summer finishing up the frame and interior, then can do the motor swap on a no-body frame next fall/winter, which means its going to be sitting here open to the guys all summer.
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2008 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
My doors have been back on stock hinges for some time now. I just can't seem to get them to line up properly, and they are sagging. If you are any good with that, wann swing by some afternoon? If I can get them working properly again, I'll be happy, and will put it all back together.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2008 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post
Well the MX3 community is done waiting on these guys. At the end of the week we are all giving up and am starting the process with the London internet fraud division. If anyone wants to join in please PM me.
MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post
I have a PDF form that I can email/fax anyone that wants to file a complaint with the fraud division of the London PD. I also have a contact name and phone number to anyone that wants it. I am gathering all the forms back and will be sending them ALL at once back hopefully by Tuesday.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock