Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What are truly the rare production Fieros? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
What are truly the rare production Fieros? by Soelasca
Started on: 06-17-2006 12:42 AM
Replies: 113
Last post by: blackrams on 01-29-2009 09:44 AM
Soelasca

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
So, I recently bought a silver 88 gt/5spd. It's in fairly good shape and is pretty much a full load (from what I know anyways). It's missing the leather seats (and the t-tops).

So I was looking through some for sale ads and someone had a fiero like mine for sale and posted that less than 200 silver 88 gts were made.

Is this true?

I am also working on purchasing an 87 fiero gt in immaculate shape except the engine is burning oil. It is blue. I'm not sure, but I think that blue is a fairly rare color as well.

Does anybody have some numbers on how many of each color was made?
I'd also like to know what type of cars and options are rare as well.

The more the info the merrier.

Thanks guys
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2006 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
I know that factory yellow 88's and factory '88's with t-tops are rare. Also blue '87 Fieros are very rare, only like a couple thousand made. I think Indy Fieros are also rare. Not sure about anything else besides lumbar and leather seats, those might also be rare.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/tinton

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
86SE with the 5 speed is also rare.

------------------

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
This link has some info on color breakdown (scroll to the right of the page): http://home.xnet.com/~paulv/MajorSpecs.htm

This link is a price guide, but it has the number made per model/year: http://home.xnet.com/~paulv/Price%20Guide.htm

Lumbar seats are a rare option, around 860 Fieros had them in '88. CJB-coded t-tops were a rare option (1988), and the fleece seats in '84. The Fiero luggage is pretty rare, and in '84 there was an engine sunscreen listed as an option, but I've never heard of anyone who actually has/had one. Don't know if it was actually produced or not.

Then you've got the Indy's, the 87 SE 4 cylinder, the 86 GT's and V6 SE's made toward the end of that year that got the Getrag, to name some of the rarer cars. I'll have to look in my copy of the Fiero Spotter's Guide for more specific numbers.
stephsformula

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stephsformulaSend a Private Message to stephsformulaDirect Link to This Post
all formulas-especially w/t-tops or yellow or w/5speeds

------------------
88 Formula
86 GT

Jax184

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jax184Click Here to visit Jax184's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jax184Direct Link to This Post
I can confirm that the engine screen thing exists for the '84 at least, though I don't have one.
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
To answer the question about silver 88 GT's........yes, as I understand it, they are quite rare. Not sure how many were actually produced but I did read on here a while ago that they are rare.
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
OK , by the numbers as quoted by the Fiero Spotters Guide :
241 - yellow GT
257 - silver GT
261 - silver Formula
436 - yellow Formula
489 - yellow Coupe
567 - Med. red met Formula

T-Tops :
91 - Coupe
547 - Formula
614 - GT

Lumbar seat:
861 - GT only

Other oddball rarities:
radio delete for 88's - 66 GT
216 - coupe/ Formula

A/C delete - 271 - GT

Indy Pace car , not so rare by numbers - 2001 built
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
blue formula's

only kidding looks like you got a rare one then, congrats

------------------
3800 SC/IC Formula Bluuuuuuuuuue!

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
The Mera is considered to be somewhat rare. Only 247 were ever built (87 and 88) prior to stopping production and Rodney has tracked down about 60 on his registry.
Songman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnie:

A/C delete - 271 - GT

Indy Pace car , not so rare by numbers - 2001 built

A/C delete Indys are the rarest of the rare. So far I have only ever heard of one... Doug Kinney has, or had it.

PFF
System Bot
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Silver Formula with T-tops. If I remember correctly, there were only 16 made.

(RareW66, where are you? He will know the actual number of silver t-tops produced)
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
It depends on your definition of rare. If you break it down far enough nearly every Fiero is unique in some aspect. In my opinion just because a few number were made with a particular color or option may make it rare, but that in and of itself doesn't make it more valuable.

Because of their few numbers, (and dwindling daily), the Indy's may become rare and valuable, because people like them and still want to buy them. The relatively small number of silver 88s doesn't make them all that valuable in my opinion. The reason so few silver cars were made because not that many people wanted them in the first place.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 06-17-2006).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by Songman:

A/C delete Indys are the rarest of the rare. So far I have only ever heard of one... Doug Kinney has, or had it.

The A/C on my Indy doesn't work, does that count?
linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

The A/C on my Indy doesn't work, does that count?

Only if the Yellow GT, With T-Top's , Lumbar, (Spoiler,Radio, A/C Delete) and 6 miles on it. I have in my dreams counts.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
From GM Canada (applies to cars built for Canada does not include US cars):

Total Canadian sales figures, our data books show the rarest options to be:
1984 Fiero Sport model 2PM37 - 9 with AM radio code UL6
1985 GT - 105 with Tan Leather interior code 643
1986 GT - 5 with rear carrier code V58
1987 GT - 12 with Light Saddle Leather interior code 622
1988 GT - 20 in color Bright Yellow code 53

Total Fiero sales in Canada for all models were approximately:
11,000 units in 1984
7,000 units in 1985
6,000 units in 1986
3,000 units in 1987
730 units in 1988.

Canada imported 160 Fieros with Y82 indy fiero option in 1984.

In 1988 we imported:
423 GT
139 FORMULA
138 BASIC 4CYL.

For GT models I believe the code for gold wheels was 60P and 19P for black, the numbers for those are 96 and 327 respectively,

If you want me to check something on your package call me (George) toll free in Canada at 1-888-467-6853. The vehicle history packages only run $45 Canadian, they include MVMA specs for your model year.

For 88 GT colors: 27 in color 16 (Bright Silver Metallic), 100 in color 40 (White), 93 in color 41 (Black), 36 in color 77 (Med. Red Metallic), 147 in color 81 (Bright Red), 20 in color 53 (Bright Yellow).

we show no t-tops coming to Canada in 1988.

Based on the above info, we have one of the rare ones: a built for Canada Yellow 88 GT with lumbar

Silver would be the next, followed by Med. Red Metallic, then Black, White and finally Bright Red.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 06-17-2006).]

2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
how about a 88 coupe with the A/C delete?

------------------
88 coupe 4.9 Izusu 5-speed Rockcrawl chip. True duels.No A/C .KYB GR-2 on all 4 corners Built to run.

RickN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Soelasca:

...someone had a fiero like mine for sale and posted that less than 200 silver 88 gts were made.

Is this true?

...87 fiero gt ...I think that blue is a fairly rare color as well.

Does anybody have some numbers on how many of each color was made?
I'd also like to know what type of cars and options are rare as well.

The more the info the merrier.

Thanks guys

I have both and both are worth purchasing but this is the best bang for the buck in my opinion ($5 including shipping). It's a pocket reference guide and has all the answers. It's not as polished as the new one talked about above, there's no glossy pictures.

( https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20010418-1-003414.html )

Mark's email: airvair@richnet.net

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd
White 85GT Auto

[This message has been edited by RickN (edited 06-17-2006).]

GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Because of their few numbers, (and dwindling daily), the Indy's may become rare and valuable, because people like them and still want to buy them. The relatively small number of silver 88s doesn't make them all that valuable in my opinion. The reason so few silver cars were made because not that many people wanted them in the first place.

True, but look at something like the Hemi 'Cuda convertible, or the Plymouth Superbird. One of the reasons they're so insanely expensive today is that no one wanted them when they were new, and so few were built/sold. Not comapring the Fiero to those two, since I don't think our little cars are ever going to be worth much. Just pointing out that sometimes the big money cars are the ones that no one bought originally.

tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86:

I don't think our little cars are ever going to be worth much.

Hang in there for the long haul, I think you might be surprised some day
Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceDirect Link to This Post
I rarely see Fieros for sale in the Central Coast, Ca. area anymore. They were pretty common up to about 5 years ago, but not so much these days.
PFF
System Bot
aa2uk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aa2ukClick Here to visit aa2uk's HomePageSend a Private Message to aa2ukDirect Link to This Post
I follow collectable cars. I think Fiero's will start to rise in value in the next 10 years. Many cars are also valued by the history of the specific cars and having the history documented. Take care. Bill

------------------
TR-512/ on a 7" 85 Fiero w/ 4.9L_NOS
Mera 88/Bob Bracey's/N*
Aldino, Don Kraus's/3800SCII
355 Berlinetta, Dave Held's/3800SCII
F40 Jr's/N*

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Hemmings Motor News in 2005 listed the Fiero Formula with T-Tops , one of the top 20 collectble cars.
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
I must be losing my mind. I know I posted to this thread yesterday to ask about the number of white Formulas but I can't find it now. Anyway does anyone have the number? Thanks,

------------------

RickN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

...Anyway does anyone have the number?...

Mark Corbin's FSG lists 1303 Formulas made in white! Silver (261), Yellow (436), Med Red Metallic (567) are the rarest. The other colors are over 1000 units, red being almost 2000 units.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Of everything listed only the Mera is a true high demand car with less than 500 built.

Rare is a often oveused term today!

It is better to state many of these Fiero's as low production as few meet the the true terms of rare.

Lets face it there is no 1968 ZL-1's lurking in the Fiero's built other than a 1990 that is not in the public's hands.

I would also list a factory power steering 1988 as rare.

When you come down to it even a 1988 CJB car is not all that rare. If you want one ypui can always find them for sale. Add to this all the 1984-87 T Top cars the nmbers grow. Only the seals seem to be rare today.

Rare is the car that many want to have and can not find or have to pay a large price for it. Other wise it is just a low production car.

1968 Zl-1 Vette or 1969 Trans Am = Rare

I can see Indy pace cars going to be rare as many have been lost already and they are nearly impossible to restore correctly.

Songman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

True, but look at something like the Hemi 'Cuda convertible, or the Plymouth Superbird. One of the reasons they're so insanely expensive today is that no one wanted them when they were new, and so few were built/sold. Not comapring the Fiero to those two, since I don't think our little cars are ever going to be worth much. Just pointing out that sometimes the big money cars are the ones that no one bought originally.

I can't say anything about the Hemi `Cuda convertible, but the reason so few Superbirds were built has nothing to do with no one wanting them when they were new. So few were built because a limited number were required to be built so that the car could be used by NASCAR. (NASCAR required a manufacturer to build one unit per dealer.) While they were not a car for the rank and file, saying that no one wanted them, I think, is an understatement. As with the later Monte Carlo Aerocoupe that I have, GM just built enough to fill the NASCAR requirement to get them on the race track. (In 1986, only 200 Aerocoupes were required and that is all that was built. In 87, the year I own, just under 6,000 were built.)

You are right that the Hemi `Cuda was not popular originally only because people didn't want a flimsy convertible with 390 HP in it.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Rare is a often oveused term today!

It is better to state many of these Fiero's as low production as few meet the the true terms of rare.

Rare is the car that many want to have and can not find or have to pay a large price for it. Other wise it is just a low production car.

You said it better than I could... too many people confuse low production with rare.

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sonic50:

86SE with the 5 speed is also rare.

Over the last ten years, I've only seen three of these. One in a junkyard (I got the trans) one at a Fiero show and mine. -Jason

Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnie:

OK , by the numbers as quoted by the Fiero Spotters Guide :
1 - Flamberge's White 88GT
241 - yellow GT
257 - silver GT
261 - silver Formula
436 - yellow Formula
489 - yellow Coupe
567 - Med. red met Formula

Awesome! Check out the top one on the list! I've got the only White 88 GT that belongs to me! Now that's rare!

- Flamberge
GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

I can't say anything about the Hemi `Cuda convertible, but the reason so few Superbirds were built has nothing to do with no one wanting them when they were new. So few were built because a limited number were required to be built so that the car could be used by NASCAR. (NASCAR required a manufacturer to build one unit per dealer.) While they were not a car for the rank and file, saying that no one wanted them, I think, is an understatement. As with the later Monte Carlo Aerocoupe that I have, GM just built enough to fill the NASCAR requirement to get them on the race track. (In 1986, only 200 Aerocoupes were required and that is all that was built. In 87, the year I own, just under 6,000 were built.)

You are right that the Hemi `Cuda was not popular originally only because people didn't want a flimsy convertible with 390 HP in it.

That is true, the Superbirds were only built for NASCAR homologation purposes. But many dealers took delivery only because they had too, and many didn't sell.
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

You are right to a point on the Superbird. Chrysler has to make so many for NASCAR but they would have built more if they could have sold them. The truth is many thought they were considered ugly and expensive in 1970 and many left them sitting on dealer lots with most being sold at large discounts in 1971 and in cases 1972 just to get rid of them.

As for your Hemi Cuda agian you have part of the story. The rest is they were Expensive and not much faster than a 440 in 1970. The price today looks like a bargin but like the ZL1 Camaro you would pay nearly as much for the engine option as the cost of the car. The 440 was much cheaper to buy.

On your Monte Chevy built as many quickly to get the car on the track [they were getting killed by Ford and need the aero help] and the later year it became a popular option with 6000 plus not being a low number. The 1986-87 Pontiac 2+2 was built with 1000-1200 depending on who is giving the number for 2 years. The car was not the best looking and you had to buy it fully loaded at 18K in the 80's. You could get a faster GTA TA loaded for less at the same time as the 205 non HO 2+2. Today few remember this car and one day it might still like the Superbird is today. Too bad it did not have a good engine like the Monte.

What equals rare in real life today is

Low production numbers 500-1000 or less.

High demand or popular. Key to big money

Unique or rare features not always well recieved when the car was new.

Most cases Great Performance. Weather it is a Ferrari or Duesenburg performance sells at auction time. Check the price of a V16 Caddy lately?

There are rare cars and then there are collectable car. The Fiero is a Collectable car much like the Corvair or Model T. the features of a collectable car are

Popular.

Inexpensive to maintain or restore. [I know Fiero's don't always seem cheap but they are in todays market]

Fun to drive

Easy to find parts for.

In all a car that you won't lose your shirt on but your not going to retire on it.

I find in many cases what did not sell then is desireable today. Case in point old Ferrari race cars. Nick Mason of Pink Floyd bought a GTO Ferrari in the early 70's for 7K because it was an old race car no one wanted. Today they cand go 12-20 Million. I think only 28 are left today and rebodies on 250 GT chassis go for around a mill. Not bad for a fake.
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post

exactly! look at the 69 vette ZL1. it was double the price in 69 so only 2 were sold. now try to buy 1.

------------------

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
That 88 has lumbar seats Mickey?!?!

DAMN!

I so need lumbar support when I'm driving.
Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post
1987 SE, 4-cyls are rare - only 1,404 were produced.

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd sunroof, spoiler, performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe T-Top 5-spd, rackless decklid, 15-in 88 GT rims, aero-conversion

RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
88GT's exported to Canada are rare. Only 423 were exported. Mine has lumbar, gold rims, PM and AC delete car. That is really unusual..
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1: The reason so few silver cars were made because not that many people wanted them in the first place.

There is no way I can back up my statement without some insider knowledge, but knowing what I do know about the auto industry and particularly about dealerships, I would suggest to you that 99% of the vehicles ordered represent what the sales manager at dealerships think is popular and will sell. Very few autos are ordered in reality by the consumer. Most folks buy off the lot. Having said that, there is little doubt that Red was the most popular color during the years produced. As far as the lesser produced colors go, that would have been based on sales managers wanting to have something other than Red to offer some choices on the lot and that would normally end up with what did the sales manager think the next most popular colors were and honestly their personnal likes. Obviously, this still doesn't mean your statement is incorrect, just that we consumers will normally settle for what's on the lot rather than waiting or going through the perceived hassle of ordering a car with specifc options or color.
Although most of my fleet of Fieros is Red, it reflects the cars that I've found. Exactly as it would have back in 1988 when they were new on the lot. Currently I have seven 1988 Fieros, the colors are as follows:
Red Formula, auto, 4.9
Red Formula, auto, 3800SC
Red Coupe, 5 speed, 4.9
Red Coupe, auto, 2.5
Black Formula, 5 speed, 2.8
White Formula, 5 speed, 2.8, T Top, CJB
White Coupe, auto.
Red Coupe, 3.4 TDC, 5 speed T Top CJB, coming soon.

Just my two cents worth. Happy Fieroing.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

RRobinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RRobinsonSend a Private Message to RRobinsonDirect Link to This Post
Nice thread. I like talking about Fiero production #s. A silver 88 GT is a nice car. How many KM on it?

Also, in Canada anyways, AC was just another option, not a "delete" thing. Delete option implies it was standard and could be deleted for a credit. In 88 for example, it was simply a $1076.45 option.
------------------
88 GT 5-Speed...5K orig
88 GT 5-Speed...16K orig
88 GT Auto...42K orig
88 Formula 5-Speed...87K, silver.
87 GT 5-Speed, Blue...18K orig
87 GT 5-Speed...55K orig
86 GT Auto...8K orig
85 GT Auto...70K orig
84 Indy 5-Speed, (yes 5)...80K

[This message has been edited by RRobinson (edited 06-19-2006).]

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
I didn't realize that an 86 SE with a 5-spd was rare...I have owned 2. I know where my last one is and the current owner is wanting to sell it, if anyone is interested. It is white, has a sunroof, power windows, A/C. To the best of my knowledge the car is running, and has approx 117,000 miles on it. New clutch about 12,000 miles back. Will need a new headliner, and has been garage kept until the last year or so. Grey interior. More info is available or can be found out if anyone is seriously interested. It is in South Mountain, Texas...approx 30 minutes west of Waco.

Tim
GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:

I didn't realize that an 86 SE with a 5-spd was rare...I have owned 2. I know where my last one is and the current owner is wanting to sell it, if anyone is interested. It is white, has a sunroof, power windows, A/C. To the best of my knowledge the car is running, and has approx 117,000 miles on it. New clutch about 12,000 miles back. Will need a new headliner, and has been garage kept until the last year or so. Grey interior. More info is available or can be found out if anyone is seriously interested. It is in South Mountain, Texas...approx 30 minutes west of Waco.

Tim

The 86 SE V6 with a 5 speed isn't too common (all of the 86 SE 4 cyl cars had the 5 speed, but it was the Izusu). The Getrag wasn't available until June of '86, toward the end of the model year run. GT's and V6 SE's got them as it became available. About 2300 GT's got the Getrag, not sure how many SE's got it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock