Started on: 05-16-2008 01:39 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: redfiero on 05-17-2008 07:01 AM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
I did a few searchs to see what other (from dif cars or makers) whale tails people have used on fastbacks but think there may be more out there. If you have something along the whale tail lines and not a wing on your fastback, how about a picture. Also, Camaro/vette early style thingies may work too. I know about that great looking IMSA tail, but it wont work with my rear extractor scoop.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
The only whale tail I know for a Fiero Fastback is the one Gargoyle had and the one California kid has.

Here are Gargoyle's pics:

It is sold by Fiero Warehouse:
http://www.ovis.net/~dmkfiero/fiberglassparts.html (18th item down from the top.)

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

ZZ4 Powered !!

VFR182

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VFR182Send a Private Message to VFR182Direct Link to This Post
too much junk on the trunk...
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
It's not junk when it works !!! Developed in the Wind Tunnel at GM.

Pictures of mine from various angle on pages both 7 and 8 on link in signature below.

RRunner just changed his coupe to fastback with same whaletail, believe he's close to get it painted.

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

VFR182

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VFR182Send a Private Message to VFR182Direct Link to This Post
dont get me wrong, i am sure it works. i just like my baby with less back..
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
I like that one a lot and I bet it works better than the stock which is near totally blocked byt the roof and turbulence. Thing is it wont work with my extractor. I really looking to see what others may have done using tails made for none fieros.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
gargoyle widened that one (or had it done. i don't remember). i remember showing the whale tail type wing i have on my coupe and him saying i should try to widen it like he had done his.

edit to throw in the wing i have on my gt. it's not a whale tail type though...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...030204-1-021855.html

i adjusted how it's tilted later, but someone else here has one and i think left it as is, so i guess it's just a matter of aestetics.

edit edit, cause i went back to look at the old thread and maybe he didn't do it himself, he was just saying make it as wide as his.

i'll shut up now....

[This message has been edited by Philphine (edited 05-16-2008).]

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:

gargoyle widened that one (or had it done. i don't remember). i remember showing the whale tail type wing i have on my coupe and him saying i should try to widen it like he had done his.

edit to throw in the wing i have on my gt. it's not a whale tail type though...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...030204-1-021855.html

i adjusted how it's tilted later, but someone else here has one and i think left it as is, so i guess it's just a matter of aestetics.

No, The tail was not made wider. The difference is there is about a 1" lip round the outside egde.
Here is a pic of Cali's at the 20th show:

Then look at the thrid pic down that I posted of Gargoyle's. You can see that a lip was added on the outside edge. So it isn't wider, but it is slightly taller.

BTW ~ Gargoyle bought the decklid with the spoiler already attached and modified. It was primered and ready for piant when he bought it.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 05-16-2008).]

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Ok here's my whale tail. It's an older photo but it gives you a general idea of how another install looks.

Here is my new decklid. It's a vented whale tail. It will be going on my car in the next week or so. Thanks to Troyboy for this one.

After this and a couple of other small tweeks I will be finished with my hybrid Fiero. It is an 84 and it is blue not black.
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post05-16-2008 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
redfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redfieroSend a Private Message to redfieroDirect Link to This Post
Oreif,

That car of Gargoyle's looks familiar. Oh....that's because it's in my garage! It's slowly getting an SC 3800 II. I bought it from a guy in Chicago who Gargoyle sold it to after the engine blew.

Francis T,

If you're looking for any specific pictures, let me know and I'll get them for you. I can tell you this.....it's heavy!! It has some cracking in the back corners...but it still looks good!

matt
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock