Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  25th show - GM Heritage Center Tour (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
25th show - GM Heritage Center Tour by Fiero 25 - Mark
Started on: 04-07-2008 09:16 PM
Replies: 72
Last post by: Fiero 25 - Mark on 07-25-2008 12:15 AM
Fiero 25 - Mark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
I felt this needed it's own thread, as it is a separate function at the show and the general discussion thread is very large at this point.

On Friday July 25, 2008, we will be talking a tour of the GM Heritage Center
(Not to be confused with the GM HQ tour on Thursday) https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/069916.html

The GM Heritage Center is General Motors private collection of cars. http://www.gm.com/corporate/about/heritage/ This building is normally off limits to the public. We have arranged a special tour of this facility for the Fiero Community, as well as a full day of events.

Information can be found at the Michigan Fiero Club website: http://michiganfieroclub.co...age_Center_Tour2.doc

The full text of the document is below:

The Michigan Fiero Club is sponsoring a unique opportunity to see General Motors History on Friday July 25, 2008. The Friday event schedule will run from 2:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. At 2:00 PM we have an opportunity to see the GM Heritage Center. This is a rare chance to see GM’s private collection of classic cars along with some of most unique past and future prototypes.

After this unique and rare tour of the GM Heritage Center, we will be having dinner at Dave & Buster’s ( http://www.daveandbusters.com ). Dave & Buster’s not only has great food but it also has a huge gaming room with every game you can think of. After dinner we will have three sign up sheets of different things that our club feels are a must see while in Michigan.

1) Cruzin’ Telegraph 2008! The cruise up and down Telegraph falls on the same weekend as our 25th Anniversary show. Join thousands of other classic cars out on Telegraph Road (US-24).

2) Cruise the famous Woodward Ave. Home of the original “Dream Cruise.”

3) High speed go karting at the Apex (formally known as Kart 2 Kart)

Space is limited to 250 people, so please send $25.00 per person to reserve your spot.

$15.00 for the GM Heritage Center Tour

$10.00 to hold a dinner reservation ($10.00 will go toward your dinner)

Make Checks Payable to: Michigan Fiero Club
Send to: Barb Hack
3860 Mulliken Road
Charlotte, MI 48813

Questions? Please contact the event chairperson, Ken Shadlak at k4shad@comcast.net

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 04-07-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
Darren's 87 coupe

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darren's 87 coupeSend a Private Message to Darren's 87 coupeDirect Link to This Post
Is the $10 to hold the reservation at Dave and Busters? Or is the $10 part of the banquet cost? If it's for Dave and Busters, and I have already sent in my registration, then if I am reading this right, I will need to send in an additional $10 apart from what I sent in for registration and banquet costs. Is that right?

Either way count me in and I will send out the $10 once I get it confirmed that that is what you need from me.

Thanks a ton for all you are doing.

Darren

------------------

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
The $10 is to hold a reservation and will go towards the cost of the meal at Dave & Busters.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE ON DAVE & BUSTER'S

Participation has been very light on Dave & Buster's. Is there any interest in us moving forward with this as an event after the Heritage Center?

We met with the restaurant management a few days ago, and I wanted to put out there what we plan to do for that evening after the Heritage center tour. We are planning on having a buffet style meal, as well as soft drinks and a cash bar. This will run $20.00 per person. The $20.00 includes tax and gratuity. We are looking to book a room for up to 250 guests. After we eat, the fee also includes the use of pool tables and shuffle board tables. You are also free to purchase cards to play games in their midway.

In order to book this, they are going to require an advance booking. In order for us to meet this, we will need to get people to sign up and pay $10.00 in advance, per person. If we get enough advance interest and sign ups by June 29th, we will move forward. If we do not get enough participation, then we will have to cancel this event, and you will need to do dinner on your own after the event, or do one of the other activities we have planned.

By paying the $10.00 in advance now, you will only need to pay $10.00 per person at the door, the day of the event. Keep in mind that a sit down meal for 2 at a moderate priced resturant, like a Denny's will run close to $20.00, so it will be a similar out of pocket on the day.

We are excited about having this opportunity, however if we are unable to get enough participation, we will have to cancel it. If we cancel, we will refund those that have pre-paid in your goodie bag, at the show.

Discuss....

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 05-08-2008).]

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
I am in, my money is on the way. I am trying to get an answer out of my wife wether she is going..

------------------

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2008 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else?
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2008 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I sent the $ to Barb months ago. Heritage Tour or Waterford Hills..hard choice, but I wouldn't be driving on the track anyway.

Is there anyway to get a head count of people already signed up. I mean my money went out in October.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Larry,

I do not have an exact count as I am not doing the registration, but attendance is very light at this time for the Dave Buster's dinner. We have a great deal of people signed up for the GM Heritage center, and this event is 100% a go.

Mark
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

Is there interest in the Dave & Buster's dinner?
PrettyPhysicist87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2008 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrettyPhysicist87GTSend a Private Message to PrettyPhysicist87GTDirect Link to This Post
my husband (kslish) and I will be there. is there enough interest for the dave and buster's?

Jess
PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2008 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
The Dave & Buster's dinner is not dead yet, but things are not looking real good.
FIREBOX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIREBOXSend a Private Message to FIREBOXDirect Link to This Post
Concerning the GM Heritage Center Tour, Are the attendees going to "car pool" from the Host Hotel or are we to just show up at the Center? Where and when would we meet at the Host Hotel if we leave from there?
Concerning Dinner at D&B, the Heritage Center probably has a caterer who could set us up a buffet at the Center after the tour. Just an idea. That might cost about the same and give us more time for the evening events.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2008 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Mark,

So it sounds like that the suggested itenerary is:
We leave the Heritage Center after 1700, and then drive en masse to D&B?

You wouldn't happen to be able to see if I sent just $15 for the Heritage Tour...
-or the full $25 to get my D&B reservation too, wouldya?

TIA!

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 06-01-2008).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
I have e-mailed Ken to answer your questions, as he is running these events.

Mark
SHADMAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SHADMANSend a Private Message to SHADMANDirect Link to This Post
Hi, To reply to your question about the amount of money you have sent in you will need to talk to Barb Hack. I do not want you to thing you are getting the run-a-round but Barb Hack is the only one handling all the money she will know. You can E-Mail her at barbfiero@msn.com I will also pass Mark's E-Mail on to Barb.

Thanks,

------------------
SHADMAN V.P. MFC
RED 1988 FIERO GT
NORTHSTAR 300 H.P.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SHADMAN:
I do not want you to thing you are getting the run-a-round thanks,

No runaround!... I should have kept better notes!
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I think that $20 is a bit steep for a dinner at a "bar and grill", Is there any chance you could setup a unformal dinner, basically just a meeting place where fiero guys can come hang out if you can?
Racing_Master

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racing_MasterSend a Private Message to Racing_MasterDirect Link to This Post
if I get my Fiero done, and can get out of PA for a little, ill be glad to come! With my lovely cracked quarter windows and bad paint and stock engine and broken bellhousing! Wow I hate being poor, hehe
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I think that $20 is a bit steep for a dinner at a "bar and grill", Is there any chance you could setup a unformal dinner, basically just a meeting place where fiero guys can come hang out if you can?

Is hard to do a little get together for 250 people. If we did an informal get together and walked in with 250 guests, it would be forever and a day for them to be able to handle a group of that size. By pre-planning, we have things taken care of ahead of time, and they are prepared for the group.

Folks are always welcome to do dinner on their own.

Please keep in mind that you pay $10.00 now, and $10.00 in July, so you are spreading out the cost. Also that $20.00 includes food, soft drinks and gratuity. This also get the group a private room, with it's own cash bar.

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2008 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

No runaround!... I should have kept better notes!

IF it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
TTT
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
I was waiting to send our money (4 of us) for the heritage museum tour until we could finish our anniversary show registration sheet. We aren't sure what classes our cars will be in yet. However, I don't want to miss out on the heritage center, so should I send that money now separately? Thanks! -Sadie.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Mark,

I sent the registration in for John, my wife, and I to attend this event and the D&B party... er.. I mean... DINNER. Should be a great time.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Clases will be up very soon. Our webmaster will be putting them up on the MFC website.

PrettyPhysicist87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrettyPhysicist87GTSend a Private Message to PrettyPhysicist87GTDirect Link to This Post
does it look like the 100 people min has been reached yet? personally, i think it is actually a pretty decent deal and i'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

------------------
1987 Fiero GT
1986 Fiero SE
2004 Alero GL a.k.a. Raccoon Killer!

sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
For the classes, what are the levels of "modified"? My Fiero isn't stock, but only the suspension and some interior pieces have been modified. My dad's car is 100% bone stock with 23k miles, but I don't know if it falls in Class K (stock factory and dealer upgrade) or Class S (factory stock showroom). Help please, & thanks in advance!
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sadie goad:

For the classes, what are the levels of "modified"? My Fiero isn't stock, but only the suspension and some interior pieces have been modified. My dad's car is 100% bone stock with 23k miles, but I don't know if it falls in Class K (stock factory and dealer upgrade) or Class S (factory stock showroom). Help please, & thanks in advance!

PM me with a descritionof what changes you made to your car and I will place you in the correct class.

Fred
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
1 Month!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Mark ~

When I printed and sent in my form I didn't send anything in for D & B. My mom is sending their stuff in and will include mine and Matt's money for D & B, as we do want to go!

~Jen
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for this tour
PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

Well I was on "that side of town" for work, and I made a pit stop over at the Heritage Center with Ken (Shadman) to tidy up the tour. Ken is the man in charge of this, I was there to soak up the cars, if they would let us in. Well they did allow us to take a quick run through of the Heritage Center, and WOW, I love going thru this place. If you are a GM person, you do not want to miss this tour. Keep in mind, they change out the cars on a regular basis, so what you see below may or may not be there in July. Excuse the quality of the pics, as I was not prepared to go to the Center, and only had my camera on my phone.

ENJOY (teaser pics)

looking into the Center

#1 Fiero on display!

#1 had a new "tattoo" on her. There were a number of cars that had this on them, that were not on the cars a few years back when we went through.

#1 sitting in line with her "brothers and sisters"

MUCH MUCH MORE EYE CANDY FOR YOU TO ENJOY!!!!

Get your registrations in!

Are you going?

Mark

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2008 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
This event is almost full. If you are interested in seeing GM's private collection of cars, this is your chance, but the door is closing.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2008 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
can I send it in with my show registration?
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2008 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Want to know... What options did Pontiac have on their first Fiero? That would be interesting to know.

What about a VIN?

Cordially,
Kevin J. Sullivan
916-600-6482
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2008 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

can I send it in with my show registration?

Yes, there is a line on the 2nd page of the registration for it.

Originally posted by kevin:

Want to know... What options did Pontiac have on their first Fiero? That would be interesting to know.

What about a VIN?

Cordially,
Kevin J. Sullivan
916-600-6482

I will try to get a picture of the RPO sheet and the vin at the show.

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 07-01-2008).]

87GT Toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT ToySend a Private Message to 87GT ToyDirect Link to This Post
Mark, Put check in mail today to Barb for Bren and I. Sounds like this is a nice place to see.
Thanks Randy.
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
Sent a check for four of us today.
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
My money in - long time ago !!!!
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
Is it too late to register for this event?
is there a way to pay with paypal?

[This message has been edited by FieroMontreal (edited 07-10-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock