Started on: 02-29-2008 08:30 PM
Replies: 55
Last post by: D_sensitized on 05-12-2008 10:42 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-29-2008 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Look guys, I've seen the threads, I've seen the hinges.

Know something?-----I'll give you guys a 3rd chance.

I have a car stripped to the frame you can use to perfect the hinges.

Why?/?......#1 is Jay.....my friend and his kids, and his wife. She has put up with that car, and the kids think he is the coolest dad around.

Make it right...........Let Jay and Mau go out for dinner somewhare and have the coolest car around.

Dave's car........Fix it.

Original promise to me, before you blew dates...........

Donate $500 to a kids cancer charity, we can call that square.

I'll work with you guys, for the benifit of the Fiero community. Just---um-----screwing over people is a bad idea.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Cool offer Mid!

Dave
s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wDirect Link to This Post
My only running fiero is a notchie. I seem to have read there product WOULD work with a notchie, but the GT had an issue. Even with a rebuilt duke in it, I would be tempted if I knew it would work. Translation: It works, I buy at least one unless I am unemployed.

Once I get a new fuel pump in the GT....???

P.S. hopefully AJ7 comes out with a legitimate product, since I have little faith in these guys.

2nd PS: Anyone near me want to help with an engine swap? I want to learn but, no garage and no experience.

Brian
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-01-2008 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
I should mention that this is a cost-free offer. My garage is heated and I'll buy a tank or 2 of propane. I'll buy a case or 2 of beer and a pound of coffee. My wife makes a wicked roast, so you will be well fed.

When thay are perfect, I'll puchase like any other customer.

All you have to do, is make the damn things work.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 03-01-2008).]

Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Cool guy, fair offer, potential of helping everybody --> + 4 ya MidEngineManiac
Any friend of Jay is good in my book

------------------

T-Top Conversion~Dual HUD~LED Setup~Red Fieros~Montreal Club~Carputer

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
I've seen Daves & Jay's Fiero's, the hinges look great and sturdy. All it needs is a little design tweaking and it would be perfect. I know two others plus myself that would like the kit, we're just waiting for the next version to come out.
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Honestly I would consider them if they were cheaper and sold as a "pretty close" fit. For the design time already completed, I'd be willing to screw around with a set of decent hinges to make them work.

I understand that wouldn't help the people who were sold a bolt-on setup, but perhaps they should just be selling a "pretty close" setup.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2008 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

(lets keep this up front in order to give them time to see it)
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Apologize for the late response..just got back home and saw this post.

First off, thank you very much for the offer, it is nice to see people allowing us the chance to correct the wrongs we have made. We would like to take you up on that offer so that we can perfect the hinges so that there is a bolt on kit that works perfectly for everyone. We spent a lot of time on the first two models, and would love the chance to perfect it.

We also want to apologize to everyone for everything that has happened, which was pretty much a disaster. We have contacted Jay as well as Dave, and are going to resolve the issues with both of their kits. Both will be receiving new kits, kits that will work flawlesly, with thanks going to MidEngineManiac for the incredible offer. Both Jay and Dr. CPU are great guys as they stepped up to the plate to allow us to develop a product, as well as showed faith in us.

As for you MidEngineManiac, we would like to make good on our previous promises, and will do so. Lets exchange numbers so we can talk and get the ball rolling.

As for the Donation to a Kids Cancer Charity, allow us to come up with some money (still getting back on our feet) and consider it done. Always willing to help out a great cause.

Thanks,
Chris and Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

Again, really appreciate the offer, lets get in touch and get a product out that works as it should.
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic, hopefully things will get sorted out.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2008 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
P-M sent.
PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Is this the same kit here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would say $300 isn't bad for a close-fit hinge setup, though it is listed as a direct-fit. Has the kit been improved?

[This message has been edited by Xanth (edited 03-06-2008).]

fierohobby

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyDirect Link to This Post
That auction is driver's side only. It also states that the hinge will not be manufactured until it's paid for (2-3 week lag).

-fh

[This message has been edited by fierohobby (edited 03-06-2008).]

Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohobby:

That auction is driver's side only. It also states that the hinge will not be manufactured until it's paid for (2-3 week lag).

-fh

Ahh, I read too fast. From the pictures I was thinking it was both sides, missed that it said Driver's Side.
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Midengine, Mister, Thumper and XD... Thanks for your kind words guys. I've been in touch with Chris and Kyle also, and hopefully we can get it all worked out. I know there is a lot of opportunity here to get things going.

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

The progress thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077740.html

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 03-08-2008).]

dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
I too am watching this closely.
I'd love to see a true bolt on kit for our cars.
If an absolutely functional and aesthetically perfect one becomes available...I may even put my 4.9 swap on hold and do this mod first.

------------------
--David

Golden Triangle Fiero Club

Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

I feel that once the community sees positive responses from you guys more will be up to purchasing the hinges. I know I'm one of those individuals. I was willing to put up the funds to purchase a set early on but that was when all the bad PR hit the sceen.

Great to see the effort being made on both sides to correct a wrong.

Great work guys.

Mike
FARMERFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FARMERFIEROSend a Private Message to FARMERFIERODirect Link to This Post
Good luck with the doors guys ,I am in when there rite for a pair !!!!!!!!!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2008 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
I've been in touch with the guys, and thus far they have proven an incredible level of honesty and willingness to repair past mistakes. Kudos. I think they have learned.

And, they do have a good product with excellent workmanship in it....just needs a little twaeking.

I think, given time, we are going to see a true bolt-on kit for our cars for a decent price. THAT will blow everybody else out of competition.

They have the skills and the know-how, just need a little support.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 03-08-2008).]

Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
After I read feedback from Dave and heard about Jay, I considered welding the doors shut to remind me never to buy them
Now I'm waiting to see if they're perfected before I paint the car - don't think I'd play around with them after the new paint job.

Ryan

------------------

1986 Fiero2m8 (LT1 NX / 4T60 Roadster Build)
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071642.html

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
One thing to think about Mike, I am not sure how much use it will be putting them on your stripped down car. The hinges themselves worked. The problem on my car was that there was not enough clearance and the ground effects and body panels were binding. Also, you would want to use doors that sre fully skinned for testing to find out if the struts will bear the fulll weight. My car is still not entire bolted back together and would take less than minutes to have ready for the install if they want to try it again right away.

Again, just a thought.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

PFF
System Bot
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eclipse:

One thing to think about Mike, I am not sure how much use it will be putting them on your stripped down car. The hinges themselves worked. The problem on my car was that there was not enough clearance and the ground effects and body panels were binding. Also, you would want to use doors that sre fully skinned for testing to find out if the struts will bear the fulll weight. My car is still not entire bolted back together and would take less than minutes to have ready for the install if they want to try it again right away.

Again, just a thought.

Jay,

I emailed Mid when this thread started and mentioned the same thing as you did above - to get full door skins, fenders and mouldings. The only way it will be perfect is if it's on a full copy. I'm not an expert - but my hinges need to have the pivot point moved out and back by about 5mm to clear the mouldings and be able to seal with the door gaskets.

There are a couple of Fieros in a scarp yard at the south east end of Cambridge. I'm sure there are others nearer to London that would "lend" a panel or two to get these done correctly.

Dave
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2008 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
I've still got my needed panels here.

Due to lack of storage space, the paint shop is only taking a few pieces at a time to do, so I am just making the door skins, fenders and rockers the last load to go in.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 03-09-2008).]

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Just make sure they are GT panels. It was so close, it was binding on the ground effects trim on the fender and doors.

The hinges I had would have worked fiine on an SE or coupe. They were that close.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Just an update...

Chris and Kyle stopped by my houe yesterday as promised with some updated parts for me to look at. They have fixed the angle of the hinge, as well as made some improvements to the bump-stop at teh bottom of the door. The hinge was not finished, but I definately see that they are working on them, so I am feeling better about things. They mentioned planning a trip out to Mid's place to take measurments and fitting, and then will be back in touch with me for an install in a week or 2. I'll keep you all posted.

My goal is to have my car running, tuned, all electrical fixed, and doors working before I have to move on April 25.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hey Everyone,

First off, yes, to make sure the kits work 100% correct, the door skins, fenders and door panels will all be needed. This will allow us to test the clearence of the moldings and sideskirts, as well as test the struts to make sure they are rated to the correct force.

We appreciate all of the support from everyone in allowing us to correct our wrongs, and to get a product out that works flawlessly. We have already made some changes to the hinges, such as removing most of the angle from the hinge itself. This will allow the bottom of the door to open at the same rate as the top of the door. What was happening with the older kits was, that since the hinge was on an angle, the top of the door was opening at a faster rate then the bottom of the door, which was causing it to bind against the moldings and sideskirts. We are going to test the kit until it fully clears the fenders and moldings without any problems. We also have the parts that Dr. CPU requested being CNC'd as we speak and these will be on all kits from here on out.

And again, Jay, Mike, and Dave, we really appreciate the help, and for allowing us to correct our mistakes and to develop and product that everyone is happy with. And we do feel, that once we get the kit working the way it should, it will be a TRUE bolt on kit and will work great.

Lastly, it was great to meet with you again Jay, we will definitely keep you posted on when we will be performing the install with the new and improved kit.

Thanks,
Chris and Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Not that I'm trying to imply anything here...
But somewhere around July 24-27th 2008 there is a small get together of maybe...........450 Fieros close by...

http://www.michiganfieroclub.com/25th.htm

Chris buddy, if you play it right and make this thing work (and keep the price reasonable) you could sell maybe one or two kits...

------------------

T-Top Conversion~Dual HUD~LED Setup~Red Fieros~Montreal Club~Carputer

AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xtreme-Doors:

First off, yes, to make sure the kits work 100% correct, the door skins, fenders and door panels will all be needed. This will allow us to test the clearence of the moldings and sideskirts, as well as test the struts to make sure they are rated to the correct force.

What about the mirrors? Interior door panels? Arm rests?

All that kind of stuff added together will dramatically increase the strut force needed. Every little peice needs to be on that door, not just the skin.
KennyC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KennyCSend a Private Message to KennyCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

What about the mirrors? Interior door panels? Arm rests?

All that kind of stuff added together will dramatically increase the strut force needed. Every little peice needs to be on that door, not just the skin.

The only thing that this brings to mind for me, and maybe I'm thinking too far ahead and could get overwhelming, then there would be a need for a slightly different kit with different strut for the coupe/formula styled cars, and then one for manual window versus power window setups....

Line probably has to be drawn somewhere as to how much stuff to be put on/into the door and just give a range of acceptable performance.
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone,

Mister - Should all go well and we come out with a product everyone is happy with, we would be happy to attend that show.

AutoTech - I did mention the door panels, but I guess I should have been a little more specific.We will need the mirrors, and arm rests on as well. I guess I should have said "anything that is part of the door from the factory is needed for the tests". Everything on the door, and its position in regards to the pivot point will indeed effect the weight of the door, and in turn, the rating of strut that is used.

KennyC - We are going to design the kit to work for both the coupe and the formula style cars. If it will clear the GT Side Moldings and side skirt, it will have no problem clearing the moldings and sideskirt on an SE or Coupe. As for the Manual and power windows, each kit will utilize a different strut, and this will need to be mentioned when ordering a kit so that the correct struts are sent.

Thanks,
Chris and Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2008 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
LOL, I kinda already figgured the need for complete doors. Only thing I will be short on having on hand is a set with manual windows---and I have a pretty good idea where I can borrow a pair for a couple days if needed.

I sorta-almost know my way around the design/refinement process....just dont have the time, energy or inclanation to do much of it anymore
PFF
System Bot
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
The doors on my car will also be fully intact with power windows when testing. Mid, didn't I give you my manual doors? I have a spare set of power ones here if needed...

------------------
Jay Brintnell

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-11-2008 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
<hehehe> Between the 3 cars and all the loads of parts and individual parts that have gone thru my hands since last spring, I dont even really recall where I got what or where most of it went anymore.

Its been a REALLY busy year fiero-wise.
MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post
How are you guys "contacting" Chris and Kyle? Please PM me info if possible?
Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
PM sent,

Also PM sent to you Mike.

Thanks,
Chris and Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post

PM sent,

Also PM sent to you Mike.

Thanks,
Chris and Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

Got a blank PM. Please resend...
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
I was watching the original development thread very closely and was very close to sending money for a kit..

If you guys get your things straightened out and get a perfect working system I'd buy one for sure!
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Chris and Kyle,

I'm sure happy to see things are getting back on track. I'll be going to the 25th and if you can get my doors fixed by then that I promise to showcase them for you. I did the same for Mr. Mike in Daytona and he said I did a great job and said if I was ever looking for a job to ring him. I think he was being nice - as his products sell themselves. Having real live happy customers there sure makes the idea of plunking down money easier.

I'm rooting for you both. As I told you in person - if you can get it completly right - you'll have great success - but then again you guys know this already.

Dave
MX3GUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2008 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MX3GUYSend a Private Message to MX3GUYDirect Link to This Post

As for the Donation to a Kids Cancer Charity, allow us to come up with some money (still getting back on our feet) and consider it done. Always willing to help out a great cause.

Thanks,
Chris and Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

How about donate 250.....And use the other 250 to send out the rest of our stuff? You seem happy to respond to these guys and wont return my emails at all. Is it because I dont live close? DR.CPU and others....I am coming to Ontario the second week of April. Can we meet up? I hope to just pick up all our parts but Chris has not replied to my emails in two weeks. We are still owed something like 3-4 kits and around 11 sets of struts. I am so sorry to use this board for communication but I am sure you all understand.

Xtreme-Doors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2008 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme-DoorsClick Here to visit Xtreme-Doors's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme-DoorsDirect Link to This Post
Hey,

First off Jarid,the comment about the donation, not needed. Notice I said when we had the money we would be more than happy to make a donation. We are just getting back on our feet and are trying to get everything from before taken care of, and that means the MX-3 Kits out and that finished with.The PM I sent should not have been blank, I apologize if it was, What it should have contained was my email. I will post it here so there is no confusion.

Email : Inform@xtreme-doors.com

Secondly, its 3 Kits, and 10 sets of struts and we are working to get these out. I wont get into the specifics of the MX-3 Group buy here as this is not the place. But PM or email me at the above email address so we can get this finally finished. We are pushing to have the kits out long before your trip to Ontario, however if not, we will definitely work something out.

Fiero_Silva - Thank you. Once we have a properly working kit, we will let everyone know.

And Dave, thank you for the kind words, we are scheduling to hopefully go to Mikes place this coming weekend to do some tests and tweaking to get the kit to work the way it should. And beings you are a customer with the older version of the kit, once we have a product everyone is happy with, you will be the first to know, and we will get the new kit on. We are going to try and get these kits fixed in a timely fashion, so I will keep you updated on the progress.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock