my history with loyde by serfius
Started on: 02-15-2008 08:55 PM
Replies: 72
Last post by: Erik on 07-29-2008 04:27 AM
serfius

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for serfiusSend a Private Message to serfiusDirect Link to This Post
i Brad Moore have now been waiting for a long time now for my harness i sent it to him on november 2006 and am still waiting for it so i have given him till the end of this month to get it to me or im going to be persuing legal matter him him i have alrerady talk to a lawyer and im an easy going person but i do not like to get screwed so im just warning you guys anyone thinging of getting him to do a harness not to as he is very slow and a poor business man always tells you 2 more weeks i have had enough with it loyde if your out there please get my harness done i do not want to be a dick and get my lawyer involved
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Mr.PBody (edited 02-16-2008).]

DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
I know nothing of your situation, comunications, harness specifications? Engine, headlights, rear lights, etc.
Heck of a way to make a first post though.
There are some very good vendors here on PFF, some are very professional. Some are hobby people who have outside jobs, some simply get behind.
Some just out and out just get distracted. Way more often than not vendors eventualy come thru.
I hope you get things resolved. I hate to see a long time Fiero supporter get villified, altho I have seen a few that need their cage rattled a bit.

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke, unlike owner

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Um, Nov of '06?

I don't care what the reason is, that's ridiculous
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Hey Brad,

I just emailed Loyde this week about my project and he e-mailed me back, did you try emailing him? I know he was behind on some projects due to personal issues, but having seen his work first hand, I believe he will come through for you.

--Will

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 02-15-2008).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Mutual agreement with Mr.PBody

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 02-20-2008).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Unnecessary comment. Do you know what is his native language or of that region in Canada? I bet he can speak more languages then you can.

Agreed. Granted, all we know about an individual is what they write on the screen, but let's cut people some slack. Not everyone is a native English speaker, (or writer). And English is a tough language, and few of us are it's master. The message is what's important.
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Brad and I have had our conversation. He speaks perfect english... as with any transaction, there is always 2 sides to every story. I need not air my side on a public forum as the issue is being dealt with in a business manner.

Loyde
serfius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for serfiusSend a Private Message to serfiusDirect Link to This Post
me and loyde have had a good conversation tonight . and i apologize for making this sound one sided it is a matter of just junk mail email problemsand a lack of conunication on both parts

[This message has been edited by serfius (edited 02-16-2008).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Serfius...welcome to the Forum...albeit in a very strange way. Let us see what you are building?

Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
I'll retract my comment, but crzyone is also from edmonton as well as several other members and they all speak perfect english. Francophones are the minority in edmonton, and if it matters I do speak enough french to get by so I could talk to him in the less than 30% chance that french is his native tongue. You two can take back your negs now. Sorry I was in a bad mood, but I do find it un-necessary that someones first post is about a wiring harness from over a year ago. When he finally calls Lloyd 2 hours later Lloyd takes care of it.
PFF
System Bot
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Why do people keep sending this guy their money? Every other month its another thread about Lloyd ripping someone off or taking years to do work he promised to have done quickly. I can't imagine why anyone would keep doing business with him. I know I'll never trust him with my money. I don't care how nice of guy he is or how good his work is, if he can't deliver what he said he would, when he said he would, or with at least only a minimal delay, then he needs to reevaluate his business.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by serfius:

i Brad Moore have now been waiting for a long time now for my harness i sent it to him on november 2006 and am still waiting for it so i have given him till the end of this month to get it to me or im going to be persuing legal matter him him i have alrerady talk to a lawyer and im an easy going person but i do not like to get screwed so im just warning you guys anyone thinging of getting him to do a harness not to as he is very slow and a poor business man always tells you 2 more weeks i have had enough with it loyde if your out there please get my harness done i do not want to be a dick and get my lawyer involved

Here are some periods for this post ..................

Ill throw some in for your next post ......................

Loyde takes his time with stuff, 2 years is a typical turn around for his harnesses.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post02-16-2008 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

Why do people keep sending this guy their money? Every other month its another thread about Lloyd ripping someone off or taking years to do work he promised to have done quickly. I can't imagine why anyone would keep doing business with him. I know I'll never trust him with my money. I don't care how nice of guy he is or how good his work is, if he can't deliver what he said he would, when he said he would, or with at least only a minimal delay, then he needs to reevaluate his business.

How do you know anything about when he said he would deliver? If you can deliver the product faster, by all means, put your name out there. I agree, over a year to deliver a product seems excessive, but the customer seems content now. Personally I've never spent a dime on the guy, yet he always managed to take the time to take my calls for advice. I think he's a nice enough guy to give the benefit of the doubt to, especially when you consider how people defend Archie, and he is a douchebag.
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
wrong thread

[This message has been edited by Mr.PBody (edited 02-16-2008).]

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

How do you know anything about when he said he would deliver? If you can deliver the product faster, by all means, put your name out there. I agree, over a year to deliver a product seems excessive, but the customer seems content now. Personally I've never spent a dime on the guy, yet he always managed to take the time to take my calls for advice. I think he's a nice enough guy to give the benefit of the doubt to, especially when you consider how people defend Archie, and he is a douchebag.

How do I know anything about when he said he'd deliver? Easy. The people who start these "where's Lloyd?" threads complain about delays and excuses every time. If he delivered when he said he would, they wouldn't be complaining about such things. As for Lloyd and Archie, compare the two. How many threads are there complaining about Archie's service (that aren't started by Shaun) and how many extolling it? How many of each for Lloyd? I see threads all the time that are started just to say that the poster is happy with the work Archie did for him. I've never seen a thread like that for Lloyd. I stand by what I said. Every other month it seems there's another thread with someone threatening legal action against Lloyd for his poor service, excessive work time, lack of communication, constant delays and endless excuses. Seems he has no problem taking calls when all the caller wants is advice, but as soon as they want to know where their product is, he's nowhere to be found. I can't remember I say anyone say anything nice about Lloyd who wasn't defending him from yet another disgruntled customer. I never said I could deliver the product faster, but I know it can be done because several other people on the board have offered their services building wiring harnesses and it doesn't take them months or years to do it.

[This message has been edited by Fastback 86 (edited 02-18-2008).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

I never said I could deliver the product faster, but I know it can be done because several other people on the board have offered their services building wiring harnesses and it doesn't take them months or years to do it.

You mean there were other people on the Forum that offered their service for building harnesses. There are no vendors out there now that offer this service because of the time it takes and what little is made off it. How do you know that others have delivered they harnesses in the set amount of time said? Did you order a harness from one of these other people and recieve it in the time frame or are you going off what you read?

You cant compare one vendor to the next. Most vendors are one man shows that do all their work themselves and dont reply on hired help. Threads like these are what will make another vendor leave the Fiero scene.

JohnF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

... what happen durning and after ...
... I bet he can speak more languages then you can.

Speaking of butchering, FierociousGT. Where did you get your 3rd grade education? And BTW - Even though Canada is officially a "multi-lingual" nation, Edmonton AB is not known for multi-lingual people unless you consider the Texas drawl of the people there drilling for oil.

Also, Loyde speaks Chinese, hehehehe!

Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTDirect Link to This Post
When did this forum become a such a ***** fest? I have heard about Loyde's promises and have seen it first hand. Loyde does good work but lacks customer service. If you promise a customer you will have something done and you can not deliver you need to rethink how you are doing business. This forum is to educate local Fiero owners of the problems they are having with their cars, vendors, or anything else for that matter. Why do we start talking about other crap that has nothing to do about this topic? The topic has nothing to do with how someone can write or if someone is a great guy. The topic is about a Fiero vendor that can not deliver what is promised. If Loyde is not delivering what his promised then it should be on this forum. Educating the rest of the members about Loyde taking almost two years to finish a project will let others know what to expect. I would be upset if my car was setting at his place or if I could not finish my car for two years because a vendor has personal issues. This is not the first time this topic has been posted but every time some defenses him. Why?

[This message has been edited by Proud88GT (edited 02-18-2008).]

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

You mean there were other people on the Forum that offered their service for building harnesses. There are no vendors out there now that offer this service because of the time it takes and what little is made off it. How do you know that others have delivered they harnesses in the set amount of time said? Did you order a harness from one of these other people and recieve it in the time frame or are you going off what you read?

You cant compare one vendor to the next. Most vendors are one man shows that do all their work themselves and dont reply on hired help. Threads like these are what will make another vendor leave the Fiero scene.

What I've read. Erik used to offer DOHC harnesses and no one complained about him taking over a year to deliver it. Don't tell me a 3.8SC harness is that much more complicated than a 3.4 DOHC harness. PBJ used to do 3.8 harnesses too, as I recall. Same thing. Hell, I've seen build threads where people who've built their own harness in a weekend. There isn't any excuse for taking a year to build a harness. Fact is, if you sat down with 2 harnesses and 2 wiring diagrams, you could put together your own in far less than a year. People send out harnesses to be built for them so they don't have to spend that much time figuring it out themselves. But if they never get the damn thing back, or it takes a year to get it, well that just defeats the whole purpose doesn't it? Lloyd needs to learn the first rule of business: if you can't do what you say you will, when you said you'd do it, don't say you can do it. Threads like these are what weeds out bad vendors. I'm not driving Lloyd away from the Fiero scene, his shitty service is. God forbid a vendor who almost routinely gets threatened with legal action for disappearing with people's money for months on end decides to leave the Fiero scene. I think we'll survive.

[This message has been edited by Fastback 86 (edited 02-18-2008).]

Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
2 years is the average turn around time?!?! i've seen PBJ put together a harness in a weekend or less......

That... however is all... i don't want to further myself in this. But i agree with those who say a harness should not take 2 years or even a year to put together.
PFF
System Bot
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
You people dont even know the whole story on this. While Brad would like you to initial think it is 2 years, it in fact only about 12 weeks. The time that makes the issue is when a negotiation of the final product is to be what it is, vs what one thinks it will be in the fore going. I have several people start out with one thought and path, only to change it 2 months later. In this particular case Brad was in no hurry last year as he was not working on this car. Then about October we lacked in some communication, then in January we lacked in some communication and he feared I was skipping out on him. I dont hold it against him that he decided to post a untrue story to start with on PFF, but it happen because I didnt get his email from January read, and I missed 2 phone calls in the last 2 weeks.

He car has an engine sitting in it today, but the car has 5 feet of snow on top of it, and the job of finishing the thing is still a couple of months away. He is fine with continuing to wait as long as the end result is a harness that is 100% working to his exact install. I am not going to just drop working on another install I am doing at this time to do his harness.

You can hear/read and say all the rumors you want to.. the only one of negative against me is I am slow at getting harness done for sure. However, the end result is 100% and the customer is always happy with the additional support and any future support needed to make their install a success. What Dan is lacking in telling people about his experience in doing harness is not the making of the harness. Its the education you have to give the end user on installing the harness, trouble shooting some issue that is not related to the harness at all, but people want to stand there looking at an engine that will not start or run right and blame the PCM or wiring. All that extra service becomes not worth it when some guy is saying your harness is wrong somewhere and you have to fix it, when whole time it was something like ... out of gas, MAP bad, TPS bad.... things out of the harness builders hands.

Happy customers dont go out of their way to post kudos most of the time... Unhappy customers however go to great lengths to exploit a bad vendor or bad product.

Loyde

[This message has been edited by FastFieros (edited 02-18-2008).]

Cadillac Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post
Just fired up the fiero with the pcm he programmed for me. took me much longer to wire it and install it than it took him to program it. Upon priming the fuel rail, the engine started AND ran at the second crank. this engine has not been started in five years. He did a great job for me. No one can do as much as he does without some negetive comments. The only people who don't get dissed is those who don't do squat.
Cadillac Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post

Cadillac Jack

1165 posts
Member since May 2003
Speaking of support Loyde I'm sending a PM
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

What I've read. Erik USED TO offer DOHC harnesses and no one complained about him taking over a year to deliver it. Don't tell me a 3.8SC harness is that much more complicated than a 3.4 DOHC harness. PBJ USED TO do 3.8 harnesses too, as I recall.

Key words in CAPS above. Like i said there USED to be several vendors that offered the 3800 harnesses.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2008 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Looks like a wide open market, Scott. You're a bright guy, and making wiring harnesses isn't so complex as cutting an adapter plate out of heavy steel, so jump on in. Put yourself out there. Make your millions, homey.

Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
cleared up

[This message has been edited by Mr.PBody (edited 02-19-2008).]

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
What Dan is lacking in telling people about his experience in doing harness is not the making of the harness. Its the education you have to give the end user on installing the harness, trouble shooting some issue that is not related to the harness at all, but people want to stand there looking at an engine that will not start or run right and blame the PCM or wiring. All that extra service becomes not worth it when some guy is saying your harness is wrong somewhere and you have to fix it, when whole time it was something like ... out of gas, MAP bad, TPS bad.... things out of the harness builders hands.

So why am I suddenly being dragged into this. I felt bad because I fell a month or so behind not years and as far as the harnesses I made goes they all work just fine and didn't cost a small fortune to have made. I stopped making them in part because my body could not keep up with the demand for harnesses and I would not continue making harnesses knowing that I can not keep up with that demand.
LLoyd I stood up for you when you were having Family problems because I understand and agree fully that Family comes first so I would suggest you keep my name out of your problems. Dan
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
well, Dan.... I guess you mis-understand my post in regards to your making of harness. I was trying to defend your position of making them and providing what I am sure was alot of support on top of just making a less expensive harness. Its easy to get behind when trying to build a harness for a DIY install and trying to install a powertrain yourself.... anyway, you misunderstand my internet posting, it was not an attack, but in support of....

Loyde
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for making that clear as I am not looking for any trouble, heck I may even start making harnesses again in the summer when the weather is less of a pain to deal with but at a much slower pace and not taking in more then one or two harnesses at a time. Dan
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

Looks like a wide open market, Scott. You're a bright guy, and making wiring harnesses isn't so complex as cutting an adapter plate out of heavy steel, so jump on in. Put yourself out there. Make your millions, homey.

If I were to get into the business of supplying automotive parts, you can bet I'd choose a much larger market than Fieros. Why do you think there are so few Fiero vendors to begin with?
PFF
System Bot
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Fastback 86

7849 posts
Member since Sep 2003

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Key words in CAPS above. Like i said there USED to be several vendors that offered the 3800 harnesses.

And? I'd teach myself to build a harness before I'd send Lloyd my money. I guarantee I could figure it out on my own in less time than it takes him to make one. But 3800 swaps with manual transmissions aren't legal in California anyway, so its a moot point.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Proud88GT:
When did this forum become a such a ***** fest? I have heard about Loyde's promises and have seen it first hand. Loyde does good work but lacks customer service. If you promise a customer you will have something done and you can not deliver you need to rethink how you are doing business. This forum is to educate local Fiero owners of the problems they are having with their cars, vendors, or anything else for that matter. Why do we start talking about other crap that has nothing to do about this topic? The topic has nothing to do with how someone can write or if someone is a great guy. The topic is about a Fiero vendor that can not deliver what is promised. If Loyde is not delivering what his promised then it should be on this forum. Educating the rest of the members about Loyde taking almost two years to finish a project will let others know what to expect. I would be upset if my car was setting at his place or if I could not finish my car for two years because a vendor has personal issues. This is not the first time this topic has been posted but every time some defenses him. Why?

I'm done with all the 3rd graders on this forum.

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:
The point was FerociousGT tried to "pwn" me or call me on being an ass when he wasn't even remotely right, and now is avoiding this thread rather than appologizing and taking back the negative he gave me. Sorry we are off topic, but the OP got his harness taken care of and Loyde explained himself.

Not avoiding the tread, more like no internet access while driving up from sunny Orlando, FL to ice cold North IL . Mr.PBody no way do I think your an ass (thats your conscience), just unnecesary comment. I can remove your negative since it's a big deal to you (personaly I don't care for my ratings, it's physiological). Don't see the need for apologizing but if you want me to remove the quote please feel free to PM.

Originally posted by JohnF:
Speaking of butchering, FierociousGT. Where did you get your 3rd grade education? And BTW - Even though Canada is officially a "multi-lingual" nation, Edmonton AB is not known for multi-lingual people unless you consider the Texas drawl of the people there drilling for oil.

Also, Loyde speaks Chinese, hehehehe!

lol... Since you know me so well and commented about my 3rd grade education which has thought me how to speak/read and write fluent English, Spanish, Italian and currently working on French. But apperently your has thought you how to win a Chili Cook-Off... yummie & exciting.

3/17/03 Regional Chili Cook-Off - February 22
http://www.dfwhog.com/album/2003/index.htm

Now back to the topic.

Yes the Florida club is very aware Loyde speaks Chinese, and good for Loyde (seems like he has a higher then a 3rd grade education) since thats where he was (China) instead of doing working on the club member engine swap which was paid.

Bye

EDIT:
PS
On the positive side, Loyde did a great job on the CFF members 3800 SC II engine swap.

PS2
Mr.PBody FYI, Checking the user ratings and I didn't rate your comment.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 02-19-2008).]

JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

...my 3rd grade education which has thought me how to speak/read and write fluent English, Spanish, Italian and currently working on French. But apperently your has thought you how to...

Yet more wonderful, and sadly humorous, examples of your very limited (but you say fluent, hehehe) English skills. You must have had some very poor teachers before you graduated 3rd grade. Before you butcher any other languages, try learning English to post on this board. What you write is not only filled with misspelled words, it is incoherent!

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
MY history with Loyde???

bought a 3800SC engine
bought a stock harrness and PCM( no re-programming)
Made the harness myself
made some brackets myself
got tons of info from Loyde

bottom line...................

Happy with the work /service of Fastfieros owner Loyde

+ to Loyde

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
You know, I find it terribly funny when these threads get down to insults based on soneone elses' education level or lack there of.

99% of the time the person doing the insulting has no idea who they actually are talking to.

I've got quite a few customers who are on this forum. I've talked to many of those customers extensively over the years & many of them have become very good friends. I've met them, we've discussed many things of common interest & I've got to know many of them quite well. I'm sure it would surprise the person throwing the insults if they actually knew whom they were insulting.

It's funny when I see people insult those people saying they lack higher education. I find it funny when those people are insulted based on a miss spelled word or a sentence that is not perfectly worded. Many of the people who I've met use this forum as a place to relax & let their guard down. Maybe they type a word wrong or use an incomplete phrase once in a while but you shouldn't make judgements on education level or financial position based on a few words they might type.

I've seen high ranking Police officers, Company CEO's, Law professors, educators, Chemists, Rocket scientists, FBI agents, Doctors & many others have insults thrown at them based on education, Race, country of origin & occupation.

My observation is that most of the people who like to throw out the education insults are likely to be among the least well educated among us.

My advise; know who your talking to before throwing insults.

Archie

JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
99% of the time the person doing the insulting has no idea who they actually are talking to.

...or care...

It's funny when I see people insult those people saying they lack higher education. ... but you shouldn't make judgements on education level or financial position based on a few words they might type.

I've seen high ranking Police officers, Company CEO's, Law professors, educators, Chemists, Rocket scientists, FBI agents, Doctors & many others have insults thrown at them based on education, Race, country of origin & occupation.

My observation is that most of the people who like to throw out the education insults are likely to be among the least well educated among us.

My advise; know who your talking to before throwing insults.

Archie

Wow! Sorry if you have taken a personal hit because of the words I have used to agree with the statement that the language was "butchered". You seem to relate to the person to whom it was aimed and have taken it personally! Obviously, you think they themselves are incapable of responding adequately. With that, I agree!

99% of the time, it makes little difference who a person is when the ability of that person to effectively and properly communicate in the written language is so obviously at a 3rd grade level. It makes no difference who you know, seen, or to whom you have communicated, if they can't properly use the English language, they need to go back to school themselves or simply suffer the embarrassment of poor communications skills. In our American education system, it is certainly possible to have a college degree and be illiterate. Check the NFL and the NBA for examples.

As to your last two lines, your "observations" can be wrong, you know. Also, you might want to brush up on your own spelling, pronoun and punctuation usage as evidenced by looking at your last "butchered" line, hehehehe.
85GTV84FUN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GTV84FUNSend a Private Message to 85GTV84FUNDirect Link to This Post

It makes no difference who you know, seen, or to whom you have communicated, if they can't properly use the English language,

Also, you might want to brush up on your own spelling, pronoun and punctuation usage as evidenced by looking at your last "butchered" line, hehehehe.

Oh the irony
serfius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for serfiusSend a Private Message to serfiusDirect Link to This Post
just to let every one know that since my talk with loyde im looking forward to it being completed here soon. i hear that he does good work and can't wait to see it, he did get all confused about me not needing it soon as it has been waiting for 2 winters now i sent it to him last winter and told him it was no big hurry as it was winter and i didn't have my shop up yet now i do and i need to finish it. it is taking up yard space that could be used for customer cars. it has snow in the pic i sent him as it has been push outside the shop as i need all the space i can get. but yeah i will post on here when i get it and how the swap turned out along with my thoughts on his work im sure it will be good as i hear his work is.

Loyde i look forward to recieving it here in the near future
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Wow! Sorry if you have taken a personal hit because of the words I have used to agree with the statement that the language was "butchered". You seem to relate to the person to whom it was aimed and have taken it personally! Obviously, you think they themselves are incapable of responding adequately. With that, I agree!

99% of the time, it makes little difference who a person is when the ability of that person to effectively and properly communicate in the written language is so obviously at a 3rd grade level. It makes no difference who you know, seen, or to whom you have communicated, if they can't properly use the English language, they need to go back to school themselves or simply suffer the embarrassment of poor communications skills. In our American education system, it is certainly possible to have a college degree and be illiterate. Check the NFL and the NBA for examples.

As to your last two lines, your "observations" can be wrong, you know. Also, you might want to brush up on your own spelling, pronoun and punctuation usage as evidenced by looking at your last "butchered" line, hehehehe.

Nope, you didn't hurt my feelings & I didn't take it personally.

I made my post to encourage tolerance in reading posts from other members, not to defend anyone who couldn't take care of themselves.

You talk about American education system, guess what, a lot of the members here are not in the US. When English is their 2nd or 3rd language, you should give them a break.

Thanks for posting and proving that even an educated person can come off sounding like an idiot.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock