surge engineering chip by italian90
Started on: 09-19-2007 11:05 PM
Replies: 67
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 09-22-2007 06:29 PM
italian90

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for italian90Send a Private Message to italian90Direct Link to This Post
i bouught one and i cant figuuure ot how to wire it to my 84 fiero
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
g-a-r-b-a-g-e.

listen to what people here are telling you.. theyve been doing it for years.

all those little go-fast items you are buying will NOT make your duke any better. period.

if you are poor like me... then learn to aprreciate the handling

if not, time to upgrade.. better 4cyl, or a v6, and if you got $$ a v8 .. pick one.

------------------

See my film creations..
Black Betty Build
Black Betty, Round 2

italian90

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for italian90Send a Private Message to italian90Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

g-a-r-b-a-g-e.

listen to what people here are telling you.. theyve been doing it for years.

all those little go-fast items you are buying will NOT make your duke any better. period.

if you are poor like me... then learn to aprreciate the handling

if not, time to upgrade.. better 4cyl, or a v6, and if you got $$ a v8 .. pick one.

i know it wont make it really much faster but i still want to wire it for fuuel efficency and it will contorl the idle of my car
The Funkmaster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
The '84 Fiero (And its computer BTW) was *designed* by GM engineers as a reliable, fuel-efficient commuter coupe. Commuter. As in, 'make this car get great mileage'.

A cheaply made chip burned by some guy on his PC in his spare time isn't going to do much better, I think.

I have this farmland in Alaska I'd like to sell you, Sir. You'll love it.
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
It was made for fuel efficiency with consideration for smog and relyability. Sacrefices can be made insome of those areas.
The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
could cut out the cat too then
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Funkmaster:

could cut out the cat too then

Headers, Cam, etc... theres a list.
The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Heh- I love modifying things. You know, a wee shot o' nitrous would make him go fast for not much...
italian90

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for italian90Send a Private Message to italian90Direct Link to This Post

Heh- I love modifying things. You know, a wee shot o' nitrous would make him go fast for not much...

do u know how to instal that chip all post a picture of it
The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
This is totally a joke... RFT havin fun, representin the wes-siiiiede!

lol

Made my evening amusing. Thanks guys.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I'm not familiar with the "surge engineering" chip, but all of the chips I've seen for Fieros typically do the same thing.

Make the car run rich.
Give you less horsepower.
Kill your gas mileage.

And that's if they succeed in doing anything. Most will try to "fool" the intake air temp sensor or something to richen up the mixture, then the ECM reads this and leans it back to where it's supposed to be. - Net result = no change.

PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
And that's if they succeed in doing anything. Most will try to "fool" the intake air temp sensor or something to richen up the mixture, then the ECM reads this and leans it back to where it's supposed to be. - Net result = no change.

84 doesnt even have an intake air temp sensor... or PCM controlled timing.
AP2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AP2kSend a Private Message to AP2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

The ECM can advance the timing.
italian90

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2007 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for italian90Send a Private Message to italian90Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by AP2k:

The ECM can advance the timing.

i juust wana know how to instal it idc if it doesnt work i juust wanma see wut it wilol do with my own experience
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by italian90:

i bouught one and i cant figuuure ot how to wire it to my 84 fiero

I have some Oceanfront prrperty in Arizona for sale...................fairly cheap too ??
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
dude.. for one, ask in tech, two.. stop making so many damn threads. lol one would be enough, and for future reference, most chips for cars older than like 95 or maybe even newer, dont do ANYTHING but maybe make your engine run rich.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Wrong, the 1984 has PCM controlled timing advance. The distributor has an ignition module, pick-up coil and no weights, that means the PCM has to control the timing advance. There is no mechanical advance.

Yes the 1984-1986 4-cyl engines do not use a MAT sensor only the V-6 uses it.

As for he topic of the thread:
The "Surge Engineering" chip will NOT work on a 4-cyl engine and on the V-6 it causes poor performance and can cause engine damage by causing pre-dentonation (pinging) under certain conditions. This can actually damage your engine.

italian90

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2007 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for italian90Send a Private Message to italian90Direct Link to This Post
k
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Lets just say it does work, what other mods do you have? Making your car dump fuel will do... jack.
italian90

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2007 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for italian90Send a Private Message to italian90Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Lets just say it does work, what other mods do you have? Making your car dump fuel will do... jack.

performance hearders cold air intake re build kit for the motor. and my car isnt actually that slow out of the whole i kicked a mustang GT at the pamona drag strip in LA
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post09-20-2007 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

The '84 Fiero (And its computer BTW) was *designed* by GM engineers as a reliable, fuel-efficient commuter coupe. Commuter. As in, 'make this car get great mileage'.

A cheaply made chip burned by some guy on his PC in his spare time isn't going to do much better, I think.

I have this farmland in Alaska I'd like to sell you, Sir. You'll love it.

How many acres you got to sell? I like the weather up there

I agree on the chips, even on the 2.8. In my case the chip the PO had in there ate more gas, for no noticable gain.. ( its since then been pulled out for a OEM program )

PFF
System Bot
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Intake and headers don't need more fuel, things like porting, cam, high compression, etc are what may call for more fuel.
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post

performance hearders cold air intake re build kit for the motor. and my car isnt actually that slow out of the whole i kicked a mustang GT at the pamona drag strip in LA

italian90

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2007 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for italian90Send a Private Message to italian90Direct Link to This Post

Intake and headers don't need more fuel, things like porting, cam, high compression, etc are what may call for more fuel.

well dont talk trash i just didnt know about it cuz i usally dont like messing with computer things cuz thats how my trans am got messed uup
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Dude I am not talking trash I am trying to help you not get bad gas mileage and clogging up your motor with un burnt fuel.
InaneCathode

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InaneCathodeSend a Private Message to InaneCathodeDirect Link to This Post
You know, you could just soak the cat in fuel and light that puppy off
Call it a jet booster
**** i think i have an ebay business idea
86FieroCentPa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FieroCentPaSend a Private Message to 86FieroCentPaDirect Link to This Post

Uhm. The duke will get up off the line with a touch of go. but theres no way you beat a v-6 mustang, let alone a GT
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86FieroCentPa:
Uhm. The duke will get up off the line with a touch of go. but theres no way you beat a v-6 mustang, let alone a GT

HALLELUJAH !!!!!
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Lol it could have been bracket racing and italian didn't know
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
Come on boys, give the poor guy a break. How many of you remember tieing a balloon to your bicycle forks for a little sound action?

You older fellows know what I'm talking about.

Now to give him a little support and divert the flames I was given a chip by a friend and I put it in my 2.8 (2) years ago.
Cant say I felt anymore power but I dont beat the car. Never had the pedal to the wall once.

As far as gas mileage I get 27-29 mpg and thats with a 4 spd / no overdrive. Sorry I dont remember who's chip it was but I know it was not the Surge product.

Now for that beachfront property somebody was selling
italian90

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2007 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for italian90Send a Private Message to italian90Direct Link to This Post

Lol it could have been bracket racing and italian didn't know

i think that would be a rasciest remark there bud
PFF
System Bot
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
I'm italian in real life, and your s/n is italian90 but nice try. Oh and if you want to call me on being a racist, at least learn to spell it.

[This message has been edited by Mr.PBody (edited 09-20-2007).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

i think that would be a rasciest remark there bud

Calm down, this is what is bracket racing is. http://www.okthunder.com/ra...0info%20page%205.htm
italian90

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2007 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for italian90Send a Private Message to italian90Direct Link to This Post

I'm italian in real life, and your s/n is italian90 but nice try. Oh and if you want to call me on being a racist, at least learn to spell it.

im italian 2 there bud and i dont sit around on the computer playing with myself
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
I am actually writing an english paper, because I know how to spell, and want to make more out my life than being a babling failure who just posts stupid come backs online.

[This message has been edited by Mr.PBody (edited 09-20-2007).]

italian90

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2007 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for italian90Send a Private Message to italian90Direct Link to This Post

I am actually writing an english paper, because I know how to spell, and want to make more out my life than being a babling failure who just posts stupid come backs online.

dude im in the military so keep talking trash lil boy and go cry to ur mommy
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
The military doesn't have stuff for you to do other than tie up their bandwidth making yourself look like a moron?
italian90

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2007 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for italian90Send a Private Message to italian90Direct Link to This Post

The military doesn't have stuff for you to do other than tie up their bandwidth making yourself look like a moron?

ive served 4 tours 2 iraq so wen ur sittin in ur lil bedroom playing on the computer i was out in the freezing cold and desert heat so just shuuuuut up
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
I like how people use military service to cover their actions, thanks for serving our country, but that doesn't negate you being a total dip$hit.
italian90

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2007 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for italian90Send a Private Message to italian90Direct Link to This Post

I like how people use military service to cover their actions, thanks for serving our country, but that doesn't negate you being a total dip$hit.

and ur prob some fat kid that still is dressed by his mom
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock