Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Great car show in Germany today (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Great car show in Germany today by yellowstone
Started on: 08-05-2007 01:53 PM
Replies: 49
Last post by: Fieroseverywhere on 08-15-2007 11:00 AM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
It was a two day event at a castle nearby but we missed most of it. They even had vintage planes doing flybys. Still, it was impressive enough. Try to spot the Fiero :-)

The castle:

A blurry Ferrari:

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, drilled/slotted rotors, SS brake hoses. PU dog bone, all bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, Rebuilt&blueprinted V6, BORLA exhaust. Mercedes SLK yellow paintjob, Mr. Mikes leather seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 deck and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front, Aus' Stage 2 side scoops, "Fie Ro" extractor front scoop. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet, air intake. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter, SS vacuum lines and deck lid strut. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Vintage car racing:

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003
One of my dream-cars: Maserati Merak...

McLaren-Mercedes SLR (there were 3 of them at the show):

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003
A beautiful Ford GT:

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Another SLR:

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 08-05-2007).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

A RR doesn't have to be nice...

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a very nice show! Thanks for sharing all the pic's.
Leroy
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Cool shape of the hard-top:

Gotta get them when they're small:

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Ohhhhh, a Fiero...!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

The way home:

That's all, folks!

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 08-06-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Hehehe. I've seen those rear vents before.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hehehe. I've seen those rear vents before.

Enzo Ferrari just called and is going to sue you.

Well not really, because I'm not sure if that is a Ferrari and Enzo passed away a long time ago.

Thanks Yellowstone for those pics. It is so completely different from an American show where all you see are Camaros, Mustangs, and T-buckets.
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
It is so completely different from an American show where all you see are Camaros, Mustangs, and T-buckets.

i was just thinking that, you can tell that show was not in the US.
UCFieroCharger

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerDirect Link to This Post
I donno about that, Its just not like the common shows. concourse shows in america are very similar to that. the cincinnati concourse was like that, minus the castle :P

wait til pebble beach on the 19th. I did design work for a car that is going, we are hoping it will compete for best of show.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
These photos make me want to move back to Germany.

------------------
Fiero Thomas
85 Fiero GT
86 Fiero GT
88 Formula T-Top C+C # 1239 of 1252, Build Digit 26,224 of 26,402
NIFE Member
Fiero News dot net

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jrgicehc:

i was just thinking that, you can tell that show was not in the US.

Yeah, the ones in CA they wear suits and black ties, hehe.

I might be able to afford this car; second though...nope. Too rich for my pockets.

Originally posted by jscott1:

Enzo Ferrari just called and is going to sue you.

Well not really, because I'm not sure if that is a Ferrari and Enzo passed away a long time ago.

Hold-up; somebody is knocking at my door. Actually I got the idea from the Pontica GTO. I just reversed mine.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-05-2007).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
A small clip of cars waiting to leave the show grounds, including a Ford GT 40...

Jax184

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jax184Click Here to visit Jax184's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jax184Direct Link to This Post

What on earth is that?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
I think it said it was an Alfa Romeo of which only 402 were made...

Originally posted by Jax184:

What on earth is that?

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Maybe there are shows like that in the US, just not the ones I go to...

I only recognized a handful of the non-american cars.
PFF
System Bot
ionstorm666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ionstorm666Send a Private Message to ionstorm666Direct Link to This Post

What are these?

That show looked like a great show.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Yo, Yellowstone.....IS that an Audi parked next to you (the white coupe) and, if so, what model and year? I don't think I've ever seen one before.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 08-05-2007).]

Red97

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red97Send a Private Message to Red97Direct Link to This Post

what are these?ive never ever seen one before but i saw one today at a car show, then i come home and see theses pics

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Those are Opel GTs. Great little cars if you can find one in good shape in the US. They handle like gokarts and can "point-and-squirt" with enthusiasm!
Red97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red97Send a Private Message to Red97Direct Link to This Post
cool thanks, the one i saw was hella mint and im in canada. very very nice car had a matching trailor

[This message has been edited by Red97 (edited 08-05-2007).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
This is a pair of Opel Speedsters, based on the Lotus Elise and now superseded by the new Opel GT, based on the Saturn Sky.

Originally posted by ionstorm666:

What are these?

That show looked like a great show.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 08-06-2007).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003
No, it's a DKW, one of the companies that later combined to form Audi, hence the rings. The name Audi comes from the Latin translation of the name of another of the founding companies, Horch (both means "Listen!" in English).

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Yo, Yellowstone.....IS that an Audi parked next to you (the white coupe) and, if so, what model and year? I don't think I've ever seen one before.

dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
I may be strange...but that orange Opel GT was one of my favorites out of all the pic posted.

And how about the luck...they stick you in between an awesome classic DKW and a big block Cobra.

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

[This message has been edited by dcfox (edited 08-06-2007).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Great pics! Love the Volvo behind the blurry Ferrari, the bus and the Bugatti Atlantic. I saw a Fiat Spider in one of the shots. What do you think of those?

We had Meadowbrook Concours d'elegance this weekend that I missed. The Alfa B.A.T. cars were there as well as a Bugatti Royale.
Meadow Brook Hall is the fourth largest historic house museum in the United States and is especially renowned for its superb craftsmanship, architectural detailing and grand scale. Built between 1926 and 1929 as the residence of Matilda Dodge Wilson (widow of auto pioneer John Dodge) and her second husband, lumber broker Alfred G. Wilson, the 110-room, 88,000-square-foot, Tudor-revival style mansion is complete with vast collections of original art and furnishings.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
The Volvo P1800 coupe is one of my favourite classic cars, too.

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Great pics! Love the Volvo behind the blurry Ferrari, the bus and the Bugatti Atlantic. I saw a Fiat Spider in one of the shots. What do you think of those?

We had Meadowbrook Concours d'elegance this weekend that I missed. The Alfa B.A.T. cars were there as well as a Bugatti Royale.
Meadow Brook Hall is the fourth largest historic house museum in the United States and is especially renowned for its superb craftsmanship, architectural detailing and grand scale. Built between 1926 and 1929 as the residence of Matilda Dodge Wilson (widow of auto pioneer John Dodge) and her second husband, lumber broker Alfred G. Wilson, the 110-room, 88,000-square-foot, Tudor-revival style mansion is complete with vast collections of original art and furnishings.

PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Damn you guys have nice car shows. We don't have anything remotely like that here. I suppose the lack of ancient castles doesn't help.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

This is a pair of Opel Speedsters, based on the Lotus Elise and now superseded by the new Opel GT, based on the Saturn Sky.

A couple of years ago a lot of people hoped the Speedster would be inported into the US...but the opposite happened, the Sky is being exported as the new Speedster.
FieroFanaticus2

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Direct Link to This Post
.. nice show, lots of nice cars that I haven't seen of in a long time!

[This message has been edited by FieroFanaticus2 (edited 08-06-2007).]

RickN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Those are Opel GTs. Great little cars if you can find one in good shape in the US. They handle like gokarts and can "point-and-squirt" with enthusiasm!

They were! I was just getting out of high school when they came out, I always thought they were pretty cool! The only bad thing was that they quickly became rust buckets after just a few midwestern winters. Probably why you don't see many around today.

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd
White 85GT Auto
White 99 F250SD 7.3PSD 6spd
1956 Ford 860 w/ Freeman Loader

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red97:

what are these?ive never ever seen one before but i saw one today at a car show, then i come home and see theses pics

Love the Opel GT's. Dont see many of those round these parts.
Here is a couple shots of my Dads opel GT. At one point it was fully modified for Ice Racing in Alaska. Its dirty right now and in street trim only holds a 400. hehe, only. 2800lbs, 700 on each wheel without driver. There is an custom gas tank to balance the weight. Custom widebody, roll bar, vette brakes, ect. The list goes on but only dad knows ALL the details.

It will walk from any fiero I've ever driven, in the corners or the straights. I know there are some out there, I just have yet to find or build one. The aerodynamics keep it ahead of the pack too.

EDIT: Sorry bout the crappy pics. My photo program died tonight and I am trying out a new resizing program. So far I like it and its free here.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/H...o_Resizer_d5399.html

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 08-07-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Very nice.... Thanks for sharing! Love the Audi Quatro & the Opel Speedsters. To bad the Speedsters never made it to the states... Would have made the prefect Fiero reincarnation (Lotus suspension & Ecotec mid-engine)...
LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEDirect Link to This Post
i love the front bumper on the far one

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by UCFieroCharger:

I donno about that, Its just not like the common shows. concourse shows in america are very similar to that. the cincinnati concourse was like that, minus the castle :P

wait til pebble beach on the 19th. I did design work for a car that is going, we are hoping it will compete for best of show.

Cool, let me know which one it is. I might go there, since it just a few miles from where I live...

-M
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a must see thread.

Yellostone: Thanks for all the pics!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock