Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Smoking in a Fiero... I'm Angry (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Smoking in a Fiero... I'm Angry by RideZiLightning
Started on: 01-16-2007 01:47 AM
Replies: 66
Last post by: Newbfiero on 01-28-2007 08:20 PM
RideZiLightning

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I saw an extremely nice red notchie around town that had custum quarters and rocker panels and a whale tail, but the guy was sitting in a parking lot, smoking, with windows closed. I've seen this guy like this like 4 times now. It makes me kinda pissed, does this make anyone else kinda angry?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
It's his car. Last time I checked, cigarette smoking was still legal. Seeing someone enjoying their personal property doesn't evoke any kind of anger from me.

sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
guess it depends, what was he smokin'?
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I can unerstand the emotion you felt. It's the same emotion I get when I go into a scrap yard and see that someone has taken a part off of a Fiero with a crow bar. Not the same as seeing someone smoking in a Ford Festiva... I hate to see someone not appreciate something that many others would love to have. Find a beater Fiero and ask him, since he doesn't seem to care about his, if he'd like to trade?
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
damn .... how would you feel if you saw him beat his wife ?
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

damn .... how would you feel if you saw him beat his wife ?

Depends, is she wearing a Fiero T-shirt?
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Depends, is she wearing a Fiero T-shirt?

no it was a fiero thong.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Does not bother me at all... however if it were my car that he was smoking in, then it'd be a different story.

It's his car, and if he wants to create a smoke stained and saturated interior he can.
BamaFieroMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BamaFieroManSend a Private Message to BamaFieroManDirect Link to This Post
It probably is his car then. If you've seen him more than once in that car, then, it's his and he can do as he pleases inside of his car, within the law. If he's a smoker, it's his choice. Do I like it, no, but, there's no law against it. Sorry.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-16-2007 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:
It's his car, and if he wants to create a smoke stained and saturated interior he can.

Good. It makes the car depreciate more, and someone else can buy it even cheaper, later. Might have to re-do the whole interior, but hey, at least the prices stay down.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
well, I guess you wont be liking my Fiero either
not only do I smoke in it - I fart in it too
and, I've eatin pizza slices.
spilled a pop
my cat puked

good thing we have your sterile Fiero to put into the museum. I will continue to enjoy mine. I will spins its tires on occasion. I will hold my arm out the window high and wave my middle finger, as I downshift, and zoom away. I will play my radio loud, and hopefully blow another subwoofer.
PFF
System Bot
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

well, I guess you wont be liking my Fiero either
not only do I smoke in it - I fart in it too
and, I've eatin pizza slices.
spilled a pop
my cat puked

good thing we have your sterile Fiero to put into the museum. I will continue to enjoy mine. I will spins its tires on occasion. I will hold my arm out the window high and wave my middle finger, as I downshift, and zoom away. I will play my radio loud, and hopefully blow another subwoofer.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RideZiLightning:
....but the guy was sitting in a parking lot, smoking, with windows closed. I've seen this guy like this like 4 times now. It makes me kinda pissed, does this make anyone else kinda angry?

He wouldn't share?
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
well, i hear the new thing is the ban on smoking in a vehicle. shouldn't be very long then that we'll all have to schedule the time and dates we plan on using our comode!!!
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

It's his car. Last time I checked, cigarette smoking was still legal. Seeing someone enjoying their personal property doesn't evoke any kind of anger from me.

Actualy in Ohio, it is illegal. I think they went a little extremist with the law, but it was the only way to enforce it, otherwise you would have a bar where the smoking section was the whole bar, and the non smoking area was the mens room. Even here at work we had dedicated smoke rooms, so as to not bother the other people. Now had they made exceptions for that kind of thing, someone somewhere in this kind of setup, would just make the rest of the building the smoking area, and the smoke rooms the smoke free area.

Im not sure if its like this everywhere in Ohio, but here its illegal to allow someone to smoke in an area of ingress where a passer by could be exposed to the smoke. Many places do not allow smoking in vehicles because people walking past them to the entrance could be exposed. From what I hear, the Honda plants are going completely smoke free, no smoking anywhere on the property period.

I've got no objections, back when I used to work lower jobs it was a daily thing to have to go out and sweep up dozens if not hundreds of cigarette butts on the sidewalks. Ive even watched people throw them to the ground, only to have them roll right up next to the ash tray, what that extra 6" was too much work for you? That and I cant count how many times they've bounced off my car going down the highway. I've met some considerate smokers, my grandmother wouldnt even smoke in your house if you told her it was okay and handed her an ashtray, but most I've seen just dont care where they are or who is around.

As far as this situation, it kinda displeases me, because someone will get this car, find the seats with half a dozen burn holes, the entire center console full of ashes, and the thing will stink for the rest of its life.

[This message has been edited by 86GT3.4DOHC (edited 01-16-2007).]

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
The only time I smoked in my fiero was driving from Cincinnati, OH to Cherry Point, NC. I left Ohio close to midnight and finished the trip about 11 am the next morning. I only had a cigarette whenever I was feeling sleepy to keep myself awake. It worked wonders and I hated to do it, but I made it home safe.

As for this guy, is it really a problem to step out of the car and lean against it when you are just sitting there smoking? That wouldn't be too bad would it? I mean you are already not moving. Why not get out of the car? Especially in a Fiero. I would love to get out and stretch my legs in a situation like that. ...oh well, it's his car.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

I saw an extremely nice red notchie around town that had custum quarters and rocker panels and a whale tail, but the guy was sitting in a parking lot, smoking, with windows closed. I've seen this guy like this like 4 times now. It makes me kinda pissed, does this make anyone else kinda angry?

What makes me angry is that you think you have any right to be pissed at someone smoking in their own damned car.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
the PO of my fiero convertible smoked..... I looked at it as a chance for a new interior ("Hello, Mr. Mike?") Seriously.

J.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Hey, why is anyone giving me crap? I'm allowed to have my own opinion on how I believe the car should be treated. It's not like I confronted him about it. I can be angry about whatever the hell I want. I was just asking if this bothered anyone else.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I eat big greasy burgers, Taco's, Smoke Cigarettes, Balance cans of Coke, Put coffee cups in the corners of the gauge pilers but ya know what. Its my damn car and I will do as I please. see smiley face. I am not angry making this post I am doing it in jest.

Even my 88GT with 90,000 miles on it. If you don't like it, so be it. It really should not bother you as it is not your car, and every mess can be cleaned up. I love my car to death, and I wash it, wax it, vacuum it, and in general take pretty decent care of it.

But if you think I am going to live my life in misery worrying about if I am going to stain something or dirty something up your nuts.

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Stock.

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Hey, why is anyone giving me crap? I'm allowed to have my own opinion on how I believe the car should be treated. It's not like I confronted him about it. I can be angry about whatever the hell I want. I was just asking if this bothered anyone else.

Yes, you are certainly allowed your opinion about how to treat cars.
Yes, you have a right to be angry about whatever you want.

BUT,

I gotta tell you, if someone smoking in their own car gets you worked up, you really need to make sure you have plenty of good life insurance and have a good will made out, because you're not destined to be living to that ripe old age you may have thought. The stress is going to kill you man. There are plenty of things in this life *worth* getting pissed off about, but you gotta pick your dragons carefully.
There are a ton of things in life that you simply have to shake your head in amazement at and keep on going your own way.
Along with having a right to have an opinion and be angry about things you also have an inalienable right to BE OFFENDED.
Nobody is going to do everything the way *you* think it should be done. That's the way it is.
And that's what makes this world a wonderful place.
Tolerance is a 2-way street my friend.

PFF
System Bot
87GT_97114

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT_97114Click Here to visit 87GT_97114's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87GT_97114Direct Link to This Post
Last summer I saw this beautiful yuppie chick in a Mercedes droptop. Just as my fantasies were beginning I noticed her finger in her nose, practically to the knuckle. Now THAT should be against the law!

------------------

'87 GT, daily driver
'78 Toyota longbed, parts runner
'84 F250 Xcab, BIG parts runner
'87 30' Kit Classic TT, living in it.

[This message has been edited by 87GT_97114 (edited 01-16-2007).]

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT_97114:

Last summer I saw this beautiful yuppie chick in a Mercedes droptop. Just as my fantasies were beginning I noticed her finger in her nose, practically to the knuckle. Now THAT should be against the law!

100% agreed
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
It's like seeing a beautiful Fiero with a guy who steps in dog **** everytime before he gets into his car.. Yea it pisses me off to see such a nice car start smelling and becomming fithly inside.

Can I be "pissed"? Sure.
Is it his right to smoke in HIS car.. Sure.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Does that only apply to you? I can be angry about whatever the hell I want, too. Your attitude pissed me off. If you don't like that, then why should I cut you any slack?
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Direct Link to This Post

In this guy's favor, he does say 'kinda' pissed. At first I thought he was really mad, in which case I have to second some other's advice, chill out, choose your battles more wisely, ob-wan... Although I do remember being actually angry the first time I saw a Pontiac Aztek, I was incensed that someone could actually design, build and sell something SO different. Now I own one, go figure! ;-)
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
I starting reading this, went and had a cig (in MY Fiero) and came back to read this crap. I love to smoke in my car, why? Because I enjoy smoking and I enjoy MY car. I don't smoke anywhere people ask me not to(unless it is outside then I'll tell ya' where to go) I enjoy smoking as it is MY right to do so. Why do people go and try to take away rights by stupid *hit like "that should be illegal" Are you saying that you are better than him because you don't smoke?
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't throwin a fit, I said I was "kinda" pissed. I never get worked up about anything ever really but it made me upset to see a nice car be smoked in, it is no way good for the car, THATS ALL. I have talked to this guy a few times now and he's a real nice guy and he loves his car, I have no ill will towards him. I have no problem with smoking, people who smoke or anything. He can do whatever he wants to or in his car, I wasn't saying that he couldn't. I love fieros, and it didn't seem like a healthy thing for the car so it bothered me.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post

RideZiLightning

1540 posts
Member since Jul 2006
This was not meant to be about anyones rights, I hate smokers, or anything like that. Just about smoke damaging the interior of the car.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post

RideZiLightning

1540 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Mod, please delete this topic
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
A few months ago, I was sitting in my Indy Fiero during my lunch break, smoking a cigarette since it was the only place I could smoke without getting wet during the rainstorm, minding my own business. I look across the parking lot and see some idiot staring at me like I'm doing something illegal or wrong in MY car. It just got me angry that there are people out there that think that they are the morals cops that think that they can tell me what to do in or on my property and I'm not harming them in any way or fashion. I mean, geez, it's my car, not theirs. I suppose they're going to issue me a ticket for the ketchup packet that fell to the floor of my car or the candy wrapper that fell on the carpet. All of this makes me kinda angry.

Now, think about the thread you just started and how stupid it was. It's a piece of property and a mode of transportation. "healthy for the car????" Is the car at risk for cancer or emphysema if I smoke in it? I smoked in my Indy when I smoked. You don't need to worry about me smoking in MY Indy. It will never be sold to you unless you decide to buy it at my estate sale or I decide to put it on the market to sell it.
PFF
System Bot
dsnover

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverDirect Link to This Post
While I _do_ respect the rights of the individual, and therefore, it's a persons own business if they smoke in their car, I do take issue with smokers who simply flick their ashes/butts out the window. Seems that for some odd reason, the average smoker doesn't want to have butts in the ashtray of their car. I've actually asked several smokers about this, and the common answer is either that they don't like to empty the ashtray, or, they don't like the smell of old butts (Huh??!!). IMHO, if you want to smoke in _your_ car, fine, but don't flick your butts out the window. Next time you stop at a traffic light, look at the median area. I'd be surprised if you don't see literally hundreds of cigarette butts on the ground. Disgusting. Not to mention how many fires are started because of this carelessness.

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
Smoking in a Fiero?

Sure, you can smoke in my Fiero......as long as you stick your head out the window while I drive!

Kit / 86 GT
texmark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texmarkSend a Private Message to texmarkDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...some people smoke, some people eat, some people drink, and some people have sex in their Fiero. I only do the smoking part (well, once I did the sex thing, but it was VERY uncomfortable because the seat doesn't recline very far). I've owned my 88 red GT since new and I LIKE the smell of cigarette smoke (it smells better than the girl did at the time)! When I die (probably soon because of smoking for so many years), I hope that whomever gets my 88 will appreciate that it is mostly original with quality parts and repairs (214K miles , so far) and not modified into something only resembling a Fiero!
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
you keep an eye on 'im.

he dies of cancer.

you swoop in and buy the car from his family in their time of grief.

i don't see the problem.
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texmark:

Hmm... I LIKE the smell of cigarette smoke (it smells better than the girl did at the time)!

LMAO
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Guess you'd really be ticked at me smokin' a big "double corona"!

Well, the window would be open a crack - does that make a difference?

Dave
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post

DrCPU

707 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by DrCPU:

Guess you'd really be ticked at me smokin' a big "double corona"!

Well, the window would be open a crack - does that make a difference?

Dave

The cigars do keep the wimin' away. God knows I can't afford another divorce!
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post01-21-2007 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Angry? No, its his car he can do pretty much what he wants with it..

Disappointed , sure.

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post01-21-2007 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Mod, please delete this topic

Na, but moving it might be an ok idea....

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock