Side skirts - ground effects by Australian
Started on: 12-29-2006 04:44 AM
Replies: 40
Last post by: Australian on 08-12-2007 02:56 AM
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Only the GTs i think had side skirts but what sort of side skirts look good ?
I have seen fieros with what appears to be BMW skirts giving car a lower stance.
Do you have pics of side skirts on fieros? Have u fitted them?
What have u chopped up to make them?
I am looking at after market something with some more shape to them.
What u got ? what u thinking? What u found?
Pics Please!

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 12-29-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Sharkman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
Working on these from a volvo 740 / 940. (Swedish car)

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post

Sharkman

804 posts
Member since May 2004
Or, aftermarket. Just buy and bolt on...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/030760.html
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro has modified some M3 ground effects to fit the Fiero. You can see it here (didn't have a better shot):

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, drilled/slotted rotors, SS brake hoses. PU dog bone, all bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, Rebuilt&blueprinted V6, BORLA exhaust. Mercedes SLK yellow paintjob, Mr. Mikes leather seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 deck and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front, Aus' Stage 2 side scoops, "Fie Ro" extractor front scoop. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet, air intake. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter, SS vacuum lines and deck lid strut. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Fie Ro has modified some M3 ground effects to fit the Fiero. You can see it here (didn't have a better shot):

This is the car i was thinking when i thought of BMW skirts.
The blue car looks ok too.
There is a green fiero i have seen it is a GT with chin spoilers i noticed it has a different set of ground effects from the photo to the drawing of his car in his sig (a mean green machine)

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Or, aftermarket. Just buy and bolt on...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/030760.html

Damn i want that..... whole kit kaboodle

ummm back to the side skirts

Raifalino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaifalinoSend a Private Message to RaifalinoDirect Link to This Post
Any pictures of the front or wide angle views?

------------------

"Death B4 Dishonor"
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Search for "Fie Ro", there are lot of pix around.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
the green one i think is minngreengt's (i think that's how the monicker is spelled) car. might be able to do a search using the name to see more.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Although they're not permanently mounted or finished yet, these are the ones Fiero1Fan sells, and the side scoops. The moldings are left over stage II pieces.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Although they're not permanently mounted or finished yet, these are the ones Fiero1Fan sells, and the side scoops. The moldings are left over stage II pieces.

thats the idea show us your rails!!
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Come on there are more side skirts on market. I understand Deitmar isnt ready to sell.
What else is out there. I think supra skirts would look good are they long enough?
Any Aussie considered cutting down commodore ones?
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Come on there are more side skirts on market. I understand Deitmar isnt ready to sell.
What else is out there. I think supra skirts would look good are they long enough?
Any Aussie considered cutting down commodore ones?

I know from photoshopping that VY HSV Clubsport ones look good. Give me a call. I am have been looking for a victim to have them fitted

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:

the green one i think is minngreengt's (i think that's how the monicker is spelled) car. might be able to do a search using the name to see more.

Yup... that'd be me

Here's a few links for you! (there are a couple of "arguments" in one of these... just ignore 'em)

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...040710-1-038178.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...031229-1-031215.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...031229-1-033274.html

And Some good pics here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/063590.html

...I'm still working on getting these produced (the project kind of fell by the wayside). I have the first "production" part from the passenger side mold - I just need to do some test fitting to see how to best mount it - then get the first "production" part from the driver's side and do the same!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
Here is what I used. I bought a battle style front and rear bumpers and side skirts for a mid 90s Eclipse. They were longer than a fiero, so I needed to cut out the middle and glass them back together. This is the only pic I could find in the forum, so please excuse the wing on the roof, it was a joke....lol. I slipped them over the GT side skirts so they would have the original bolt on areas.

john

------------------

Project88GT build up thread

[This message has been edited by fiero67 (edited 02-28-2007).]

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Here is a finished version of what Whadeduck was showing you.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero67:

Here is what I used. I bought a battle style front and rear bumpers and side skirts for a mid 90s Eclipse. They were longer than a fiero, so I needed to cut out the middle and glass them back together. This is the only pic I could find in the forum, so please excuse the wing on the roof, it was a joke....lol. I slipped them over the GT side skirts so they would have the original bolt on areas.

https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/havingfun.jpg

Those actually fit the car pretty well! Nicely done.
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
I'm partial to the kamei kit. Someone needs to reproduce this.

Still looks like a fiero but it gives it a more agressive look.

------------------
HARDCORE SBC CRONIE AND PROUD OF IT ! GOT TQ ?

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
FIEROPHREK i second that!! i think that the Kamei kit looks awesome!! Are there any more pics of this car?? say from the back?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I think the notchbacks have soooooo much potential if someone were to come up with an aggressive ground fx, chin spoiler, and rear diffuser package.

So many more notchies out there i am shocked no one has taken on the task !
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
I think the notchbacks have soooooo much potential if someone were to come up with an aggressive ground fx, chin spoiler, and rear diffuser package.
So many more notchies out there i am shocked no one has taken on the task !

"No one?" Hmmmm...I happen to have a notchie....and nobody has seen a photo of it quite some time. Hmmm...
PFF
System Bot
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post
Hey FIEROPHREK.....if that is a Kamei kit, isn't it a kit already??
Or am I missing something. Is that a one-off custom?
Sure looks hot though!!
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
The kamei kit is a kit but I think its out of production/ no one stocks it. I picked up some components from ebay and from a forum member but haven't got the whole kit. I have the ground effects for the door and all the front and rear fascia pieces. The kit also had a rear wing and some windsplitters for the front hood. I don't have the spoiler or the splitters but even if i did i wouldn't install them. The black car in the pic i posted earlier doesn't have the kits spoiler or splitters either. I'd like to have some molds pulled from my parts, but my fiberglassing skills need improving. I haven't seen any other pics of this car either.

------------------
HARDCORE SBC CRONIE AND PROUD OF IT ! GOT TQ ?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Only the GTs i think had side skirts but what sort of side skirts look good ?
Do you have pics of side skirts on fieros? Have u fitted them?
What have u chopped up to make them?
I am looking at after market something with some more shape to them.
What u got ? what u thinking? What u found?
Pics Please!

Some old pics of the modified Pisa side rockers as they were installed and smoothed in. Old style but...tweek'd.

fiero67

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Those actually fit the car pretty well! Nicely done.

Coming from you I take that as an honor, thanks MinnGreenGT

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2007 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Here is a finished version of what Whadeduck was showing you.

This looks very good. Reminds me of a friend's car. BTW, what is that emblem on the lower quarter? The car I'm speaking of has a similar emblem.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2007 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

This looks very good. Reminds me of a friend's car. BTW, what is that emblem on the lower quarter? The car I'm speaking of has a similar emblem.

Hmmm... if you're friend's name is "Jack" [Cooke] - then it's probably the same car
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060206-1-053739.html (see his posts starting on page 2)

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 03-02-2007).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I really like the gold GT as mine is gold it gives me something to visualise.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
I'm making these.

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

I'm making these.

That looks sweet well done if i hadnt already purchased Ausfieros stage2s id be looking at those

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
i so love those...how much???? and when??? tim
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know the length of cars??? I am looking Japanese and Korean for side skirts.

After market mitsubishi
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CE-L...tem#ebayphotohosting

I have started fitting my stage IIs And am looking for a modern skirt to mould over mine.
fatmerk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fatmerkSend a Private Message to fatmerkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

i am also wondering it you are ready to be selling these and for how much.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
http://www.muckup.com/gts_on_black.jpg

I just bought these side skirts i will cut fibreglass and mod to suit.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004
Photoshopped on

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to add front/rear lips to match up a little bit better? Looking good so far though. Keep it up.

------------------

My Build Thread

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Not Photoshopped
Real thing now in progress.

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Originally posted by AusFiero:

I know from photoshopping that VY HSV Clubsport ones look good. Give me a call. I am have been looking for a victim to have them fitted

I decided to use VT HSV Clubsport the shape i thought looked better i am interested in other HSV mods i can do.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock