Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  My 3800SC II Official Build Thread (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
My 3800SC II Official Build Thread by JimmyS
Started on: 09-10-2006 12:50 PM
Replies: 219
Last post by: JimmyS on 11-14-2006 09:52 PM
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2006 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Not trying to make things worse but are you not concerned that your car is sitting in long grass keeping the under carriage good and wet most of the time slowly rusting away. Dan
IP: Logged
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2006 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Not trying to make things worse but are you not concerned that your car is sitting in long grass keeping the under carriage good and wet most of the time slowly rusting away. Dan

Yes I am concerned. This whole deal is a concern for me. I also wonder what kind of critters have decided to take refuge underneath my car and also have any critters decided to chew on pieces parts?

If anyone thinks that $8,500.00 comes easy to me then you are very wrong. I earn a modest salary and for me to spend that kind of money on a motor was a very BIG decision. Maybe this is all my fault for not researching into JR more before I decided to take my only vehicle to him for work. I refuse to take this car back without it being completed. I am too deep into it now to back out. All this time he has had my car I have had to still maintain the insurance and so on. For every month he has this car it costs me an additional $64.00 for the insurance on a vehicle that I don't have in my possession or can even drive. To me that is wasted money.
RotrexFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2006 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like you are going to hold him to the agreement not matter what, but you have more than substantial proof that he is not doing anything, or presently has done very minimal. You are best to cut your losses now, for that kind of money you are trusting someone who is not very crediable. (Gawd maybe I should go into custom work for that kind of money.)
Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2006 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Yes I am concerned. This whole deal is a concern for me. I also wonder what kind of critters have decided to take refuge underneath my car and also have any critters decided to chew on pieces parts?

If anyone thinks that $8,500.00 comes easy to me then you are very wrong. I earn a modest salary and for me to spend that kind of money on a motor was a very BIG decision. Maybe this is all my fault for not researching into JR more before I decided to take my only vehicle to him for work. I refuse to take this car back without it being completed. I am too deep into it now to back out. All this time he has had my car I have had to still maintain the insurance and so on. For every month he has this car it costs me an additional $64.00 for the insurance on a vehicle that I don't have in my possession or can even drive. To me that is wasted money.

Been there.... done all of this my friend... trust me its painful... and as a student i make alot less then most people.... think 4.9 for over 18,000 dollars to some scam artists that will remain nameless at this point... my car went into that shop on a flatbed and then was removed from that shop 1 year later on a flatbed... if i hadn't forcefully taken it... it'd still be there... So basically what we have is a 4.9 for 18,000 in a years time... and then i meet PBJ and my car runs and is functional in a span of 7 days... like really... there are some people in that automotive world that shouldn't be allowed to touch cars.... those 2 scam artists that worked on mine are in that category....... oh well i cut my ties and losses and got out and ahead... PBJ now does all the major work and or upgrades to my car.... it really is true what they say... find one mechanic that you know and trust and stick to him like glue..

(and no 18,000 doesn't have too many zeros in it... its not a typo lol)

[This message has been edited by Saber49 (edited 09-25-2006).]

dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2006 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroDirect Link to This Post
hey jimmy so any news yet or is it going to be next weekend.send me a e-mail maybe we can meet so weekend and talk fieros. my e-mail is rsnook29@earthlink.net
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2006 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

** Warning bad joke about to occur **

I think i know why he has not done your swap !

He lost your car in that tall a** grass !!

** Just kidding man, i feel for you. **
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
** Warning bad joke about to occur **

I think i know why he has not done your swap !

He lost your car in that tall a** grass !!

** Just kidding man, i feel for you. **

Like I said... If you mow your yard and find my car, you might be JR"
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

Originally posted by dudewithoutfiero:

hey jimmy so any news yet or is it going to be next weekend.send me a e-mail maybe we can meet so weekend and talk fieros. my e-mail is rsnook29@earthlink.net

No word as of yet but I HIGHLY doubt he will come through. I will be calling him later today to find out. My GF is betting me that it will be next weekend. The reason she says that is because next Sat. is her B-Day and she thinks we will be spending her B-Day going to pick up the car. I told her that we can get it on Sunday but she doesn't want me to wait any more. She has watched me basically fall apart mentally over this car and can't believe I have had to deal with it this long. I think she wants me to have the car back more than I do. Probably because she is tired of listening to me complain about it. I don't blame her.

I will email you later. Would love to talk Fiero's.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
Well I was right. Talked with JR and once again another delivery date has come and gone. Car will not be ready this weekend. He says "maybe" by Thursday. He emailed me the most recent pics from today.

Engine on the cradle.

Center hub for the 3.4 pully which has still not been delivered yet.
OMG I HAVE PROOF HE HAS TOUCHED MY CAR! Well not the car but parts for the car.

Rear A-Arms and Struts. Coilover parts still have not been delivered yet either.

God I wish he owned a better camera. Notice the difference in quality between the pics I take and the ones he does?

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 09-29-2006).]

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jim, At least it looks like some progress, Thursday might be pushing it again but I hope not. I sure would like to see this one in person.
Good Luck
Gary
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:

Hey Jim, At least it looks like some progress, Thursday might be pushing it again but I hope not. I sure would like to see this one in person.
Good Luck
Gary

You will get to see it Gary I promise. I plan on doing a LOT of driving showing it off when I get it back.
PFF
System Bot
Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
just outta simple curiousity, does the "JR" know that your taking pictures of him and demeaning him on a public forum. I understand your frustration, but do not agree with your tactics. Isn't there a slight chance this might turn around on you, or this "JR" might use this as an angle of defamation to even extend the completion date, or simply turn down the swap after all this wait?

------------------
Former West Coast Fiero Employee

New and Pre-Owned Auto Sales Consultant
Power Ford Valencia

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chicken McNizzle:

just outta simple curiousity, does the "JR" know that your taking pictures of him and demeaning him on a public forum. I understand your frustration, but do not agree with your tactics. Isn't there a slight chance this might turn around on you, or this "JR" might use this as an angle of defamation to even extend the completion date, or simply turn down the swap after all this wait?

To answer your first question. Yes JR knows about the pictures. He personally took me, my girfriend and a friend of mine into his garage for the purpose of taking pictures. I was in plain view when the picture of him behind the car was taken as I took numerous pics of the car in the same time frame as the 1 with him in it. Part 2 of your first question... demeaning him? I have not called him names nor have I put down his work. I stated earlier that I truely believe he is fully capable of doing a good job. All I have said is fact that he has missed numerous delivery dates. JR has been told about this build thread and is a member here so i'm sure he has read it. As for your last question. Get real! JR is a smart guy and doesn't want any trouble from me any more than I want trouble from him. All I want is the job completed that I paid for so I can go on my merry way and he can collect the rest of the money. What started out as a 4-6 week job has now extended into 16 weeks!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Well JR finally sent me another pic today and it appears that my car has finally made it into the shop garage area.

Front ready to accept the brake conversion and the new poly.

Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
I did not mean any misunderstanding, I disagree with the car taking this long - have personally dealt from "JR"s end of the deal working at WCF - what Im saying is just dont give him a reason to turn it around on you - and now that he has started, ride his ass untill it is done to YOUR satisfaction.

Best of luck to you man, look forawrd to reaing about another 3800 on the road
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
I know you want your car finished and done on time, But I would not rush him too much, If someone starts rushing too much on something like a 3800 sc 2 swap there can be alot of errors and mistakes made. I did the same thing when I was making my wire harness to my swap, I was going on 3 months and was thinking how long this was taking me, Well Since I rushed to much I made numerous mistakes on the harness, Causing me to have to repull it and do it all over again I also goofed on my transmission lines causing them to pop loose.
This was also my first 3800 sc 2 swap tho And it took me a bit over 3 months to complete mine. Im willing to bet he has taken too many projects at once, Usually engine swap fiero ppl make that mistake.
GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jim, Things are looking a little better. At least some more progress. Are all the parts there now so that it can be completed?
Talk to you later
Good Luck
Gary
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Hey Earl,

I am starting to think 3800 SC on my choptop. We may have to talk at a future CFF meeting or at the Fall Haul.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Still don't know if the other parts are in yet or not. Called JR a hour ago and left him a message to call me. Just received these 2 pics from him in my email but haven't talked to him yet.

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
OK just got off the phone with JR and everything but the sleeves for the coil overs and the pully for the supercharger has come in.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
The car will not be done this Thursday or this weekend for that matter. He is now saying "MAYBE" next weekend! That means if he has it ready by that Saturday (10/14/06) I will make it to The Run to the Keys. If the car isn't done in time for The Run to the Keys me and JR are gonna have a problem. I expressed to him on the phone that it was imperative that the car be done by the 14th.
PFF
System Bot
Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
Jimmy im sorry to say but ive dealt with people who have given dates and ive given multiple "impertaive deadlines" for instance... high school prom... it was very important to me that my car be ready for that day.... well it wasn't ready for another 7-8 months after that... and thats after taking it to a mechanic 200 km's away... i gave numerous... finish it or else dates... and yet nothing was completed... i do feel your pain and hope you get your car out soon.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy, Please check your PM & mail.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Well in case you haven't allready guessed..."Another" delivery date come and gone.
On Wednesday 10/11/06 I had a very heated disscussion with JR on the phone. I will not get into the details of our conversation but lets just say "it wasn't pleasant".
Yesterday 11/14/06 I went up there "Again" to see what was going on. When I got there the old motor still had not been removed from the car.
All parts that he has been waiting on "IE" the coil over parts and the supercharger pully have come in.

Here are the exhaust tips.

Now that all parts are there you would think there would be no more excuses right?

I arrived there at 12:30pm and took some pictures and had another disscussion with him. At the end of our disscussion I asked what was next to do? He replied with pull the old motor. I rolled up my sleeves (so to speak. I had a short sleeve shirt on) and said..."Well lets get to it"!

Here is where my car had sat for the past 4 months.

Here is where it sits now.

Continued....

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 10-15-2006).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
"WE" then proceeded to tear into the car. I didn't go up there prepared to do work but what the hell "Someones gotta do it".

I had said earlier in this thred that the battery tray replacement was part of the agreed upon price and here is why. Forgive the goofy face...I was being a goof for my girlfriend as she took the pic.

While JR did some work disconecting some more things in the engine compartment I proceeded to remove the computer.

Continued...
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
After some more sniping, clipping, unplugging and unbolting she was ready to come out.

And here we go......Weeeeeee

And Viola she is out!

Continued...

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
Here is the only trouble spot in the engine bay. The battery area.

Then it was on to removing all unnecessary parts from the engine bay.

I left JR's at 5:30pm and he said that he was going to remove the fuel tank to replace the fuel pump, sandblast the battery area, degrease the engine compartment and get it painted before he went to bed last night. Today he was to start the installation of the new motor. Lets hope all goes as planned and I have my car back by Wednesday 10/18/06 so I can get the allignment done and get the car cleaned up and ready for "The run to the Keys" on 10/20/06

Mr.Chipps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.ChippsSend a Private Message to Mr.ChippsDirect Link to This Post
Looks like there was a lot of progress made. Maybe you should visit more often. Although with the engine out the 3800 SC must be installed before he can take it out of the garage, easily that is.
Thinks are looking up.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Kudos to you Jimmy for taking control of the situation and getting something done.

Hopefully things will turn as well as you had hoped.

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
wow, there was more acompished in that one day than in the previous 6 months.....and I thought I procrastinated (hence why im on the computer now and not in garage!)

hope you get it back before the keys run
Cplensdorf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CplensdorfClick Here to visit Cplensdorf's HomePageSend a Private Message to CplensdorfDirect Link to This Post
Well, I hope you are now back-billing him $143/hr. for your time!!!!

I hate to say, but this is pathetic that people are willing to accept this kind of thing from ANY vendor. I think you are doing what you need to to get the job done, but I think you are making a big mistake if you do not set down some ground rules right now regarding the remainder of the money owed. This is your only leverage point at this time. He is keenly aware of your disappointment with his delays (I assume you have spoken with him directly), so I would revise the contract you have with him by having him commit to a realistic delivery date on paper with implications (i.e. % reduction, refund of some costs) if he misses the dates. If he will not agree to this, then I would negotiate what he has done and the balance/refund owed and have someone else on PFF take this job over. This guy has no regard for your timelines, your car (for God's sake he parked it in a grass field and left it to the elements), his committments and his reputation. This is a recipe for disaster. Do not rationalize away his actions...

And I think you are doing exactly the right thing by posting this info on PFF. You are not slandering him so long as you tell the truth (which it appears you have been fair). I am not quite sure what Chicken is smoking, but take none of his advice. A detailed and timely documentation of your actions (and his) is what will ultimately stand up in court. In fact, you are actually allowing him to respond to your facts....what more could you do.

My last concern is how you will handle follow-up issues with him...I am afraid that you may have boxed yourself into a corner on this one....

My advice.....get out as soon as you can....and advise as many people as you can about his actions.
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.Chipps:

Looks like there was a lot of progress made. Maybe you should visit more often. Although with the engine out the 3800 SC must be installed before he can take it out of the garage, easily that is.
Thinks are looking up.

If I didn't have to work this week I would be up there helping to get it completed. Unfortunately I "have" to work. Lets hope that my conversation with him motivated him enough to get cracking.

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

Originally posted by exoticse:

Kudos to you Jimmy for taking control of the situation and getting something done.

Hopefully things will turn as well as you had hoped.

Thanks exoticse, 90% of everything done to the car (excluding the swap) I had done myself. Now I can say that I had my hands into the swap too! I am by no means a mechanic but I "am" mechanically inclined and learn very quick. It feels good knowing that I was able to get physically involved in the swap. I may not have had a big part in the swap but just knowing I had a part in it make me feel good.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

wow, there was more acompished in that one day than in the previous 6 months.....

hope you get it back before the keys run

I have that same feeling! LOL and by the way..it is 4 months not 6. Actually it has been 17 weeks (little over 4 months).
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

Originally posted by Cplensdorf:

Well, I hope you are now back-billing him $143/hr. for your time!!!!

I hate to say, but this is pathetic that people are willing to accept this kind of thing from ANY vendor. I think you are doing what you need to to get the job done, but I think you are making a big mistake if you do not set down some ground rules right now regarding the remainder of the money owed. This is your only leverage point at this time. He is keenly aware of your disappointment with his delays (I assume you have spoken with him directly), so I would revise the contract you have with him by having him commit to a realistic delivery date on paper with implications (i.e. % reduction, refund of some costs) if he misses the dates. If he will not agree to this, then I would negotiate what he has done and the balance/refund owed and have someone else on PFF take this job over. This guy has no regard for your timelines, your car (for God's sake he parked it in a grass field and left it to the elements), his committments and his reputation. This is a recipe for disaster. Do not rationalize away his actions...

And I think you are doing exactly the right thing by posting this info on PFF. You are not slandering him so long as you tell the truth (which it appears you have been fair). I am not quite sure what Chicken is smoking, but take none of his advice. A detailed and timely documentation of your actions (and his) is what will ultimately stand up in court. In fact, you are actually allowing him to respond to your facts....what more could you do.

My last concern is how you will handle follow-up issues with him...I am afraid that you may have boxed yourself into a corner on this one....

My advice.....get out as soon as you can....and advise as many people as you can about his actions.

Most of your concerns were part of my heated discussion with him. Lets just say that I have it covered and I really appreciate your advice.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy

I like that big hole in the engine compartment. I would not count on having the car for the Keys - but at least you were willing to give it a shot and drive down to the Keys.

Frank
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
Wait till the engine is inside the fiero engine bay, When mine finally made it into my fieros engine bay, I sat there for 40mins staring at it My friends wife is like WTF is wrong with your friend, He's been staring at the same spot on that car for a long time. I told them The yellow supercharger has put me in a daze
I hope your first time firing it up goes better then mine went LOL, I remember when I tried firing mine up and hearing it only run on 4 cyls (Injectors wired very wrong ) Needless to say, I learned how to do a wire harness the hard way.

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 10-15-2006).]

Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2006 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy, I feel your pain but I think you're setting yourself up for another disappointment if you want him to have the installation totally done, checked out and tweaked along with all the suspension changes by this wednesday. Let him take the time to do it right. You're going to be living with this setup for a long time. Wouldn't you rather have it done properly & miss the Keys trip than push him into taking short cuts or rushing it out the door. I have a feeling you're not going to be parting on the best of terms so let him get it right. You don't want to have to go back there for follow up work. Good luck!!! Harry

------------------
87 GT Maroon, Red Formula & White Formula

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2006 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Dirty Harry you have a PM.

Well I talked it over with my boss today and I am going into work in the morning 10/17/06 for 2 hours, 7am - 9am, then I am leaving to head to JR's and get some more work done on the car. I called JR today and told him that I was coming up there and would be there around noonish. I will work with JR till around 5ish and then head back home. I gotta do what I gotta do to get this thing done. I am kinda glad that I will be helping cause that way I had a part in the swap and maybe I will learn a little that will help me with future problems as they arise.

Edit to add...Anyone wanna go with me?

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 10-16-2006).]

GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2006 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see some progress, I noticed it had front tires, does this mean the front end work is complete?
If I were wealthy enough not to have to work I would love to help out, but since I like to eat I must work.
Any photo's from Saturday evening?
Good Luck
Gary
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay