Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  3rd Annual Heartland Fieros Car Show, Aug 19th; Davenport, Iowa (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
3rd Annual Heartland Fieros Car Show, Aug 19th; Davenport, Iowa by Darth Fiero
Started on: 07-07-2006 11:44 AM
Replies: 67
Last post by: DanFiero on 08-25-2006 10:53 PM
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Map and Driving Directions: http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2200+East+11th+Street,+Village+of+East+Davenport,+IA&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=41.531539,-90.545014&spn=0.001871,0.005364

What: 3rd Annual Heartland Fiero's Car Show.

When: Saturday, August 19th, 2006; Registration 9am-12noon, show continues till 3:30p when awards are presented.

Where: East 11th St, Village of East Davenport, Iowa. Map "2200 East 11th St, Village of East Davenport, IA"

Cost: $15 registration fee.

Hotel Accomidations: Heartland Inn; 6605 Brady St. Davenport, IA 52806; 1-800-334-3277

Additional info: Informal Barbeque / Cruise-In at Fred & Annette's house; 6pm Saturday Evening (after the show).

Pictures of last year's Heartland Show can be found here: http://dtcc.cz28.com/events/Heartland2005/Heartland2005.htm

------------------
power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Custom Computer Tuning | Engine Conversions | Turbocharging | www.gmtuners.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm going, looking forward to it!!! Always fun.

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 08-13-2006).]

fierogt3800

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Direct Link to This Post
anyone want to trailer my V8 Artero project to the show for me? I have a good 6 months of work ahead of me to finish her up.. I havent been to the heartland show since 2004. I was in Milwaukee last year and i tore out the 3800 late last august when i got back to do a sbc swap and started a bunch of projects on her along the way... if not then does anyone need a passenger seat driver?

------------------
Artero Rebody , 18"s, 91' 350 SBC / Muncie 4spd

thread here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058999.html
85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*
73 VW Karmann Ghia convertible (sold to finish SBC swap)

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a great show!!

Dan
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there if I am not working.

Edit: Not working. God willing I'll be there.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 08-13-2006).]

musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post
Although, I can't make any guarantees, I do have this event listed on my calendar. I hope to see you guys there.

------------------
Nic

Beware the toes you step on today, for they may be attached to the ass you must kiss tomorrow.

partsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partsmanSend a Private Message to partsmanDirect Link to This Post
If nothing changes here, I am planning on coming to the show.

------------------

[This message has been edited by partsman (edited 07-08-2006).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I just received my August schedule and I have the day off. Count me in.

Since I will have already spent the money to get to that side of the state I might as well take advantage of it and make it a weekend. After the meet I am planning to drive to the Iowa Great River Road north of Dubuque and spending the night somewhere. The best roads in Iowa are in the northeastern corner and I want to enjoy as many as possible the next day. If anyone is interested in joining me let me know. I will have my video camera and plan to make a documentary of the meet and my drives the next day.

Bump
------------------
Central Iowa Fieros

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 08-12-2006).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Time for a bump and a roll call.

Will the PPG Pace Cars be there this year?
partsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partsmanSend a Private Message to partsmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:
The best roads in Iowa are in the northeastern corner and I want to enjoy as many as possible the next day. If anyone is interested in joining me let me know.

That is what I was planning on doing in October until the Central Iowa Meet was planned. I hope I can still do both.

We are going to try to make the Davenport Show we will decide for sure when it gets closer.

Bump
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2006 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Time for a bump and a roll call.

Will the PPG Pace Cars be there this year?

Fred Bartemeyer hosts the Heartland Show and he owns the Yellow PPG Pace Car. I can only assume it will be available for viewing at the show. I don't want to speak for him, however.
PFF
System Bot
edzards

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2006 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edzardsSend a Private Message to edzardsDirect Link to This Post
Nancy and I are planning on attending. Have always enjoyed the show. Be there Friday evening.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2006 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
bump for 2 weeks out
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinDirect Link to This Post
Yeh, and I just got maditory OT for the next 4 weekends. Mark from Pleasantville
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2006 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Too bad you can't make it Mark.

I am surprised that there are not more replies in this thread. I can't wait to go.
tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2006 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure yet if I can make it or not. I probably won't know until the day before.
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2006 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tstroud:

I'm not sure yet if I can make it or not. I probably won't know until the day before.

If you want or need to call in sick we'll all stand behind you coughing and sneezing to make it more believable.

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 08-07-2006).]

Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2006 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
We will be at the show, And the DJ for the show want's a music list please !

[This message has been edited by Capitol City Fiero (edited 08-08-2006).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2006 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Darth, are you actually driving in from Fort Wayne? I would like to see your engine/transmission install.
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2006 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
so far I have not seen anyone from WI going...but I am. I be there early to feed the fiero hunger.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2006 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Darth, are you actually driving in from Fort Wayne? I would like to see your engine/transmission install.

Yes, I am driving the turbo car and I will be leaving Friday morning from Fort Wayne.

PFF
System Bot
partsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for partsmanSend a Private Message to partsmanDirect Link to This Post
Bump; Only 1 more week!
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Would anyone care to caravan from the Des Moines Metro area or join us at a point along I-80? I plan to do some driving in NE Iowa the next day so I will have some basic tools as well in case anyone has a problem along the way.

Tentative schedule: Leave the Burger King parking lot (across from AdventureLand) in Altoona at 7:30 am. Stop in Newton (Exit 164) around 8:00 am. We will assemble just north of I-80 in a conspicuous place so as to be seen from the road. We will depart Newton at 8:15 am. If there is interest, we could add an additional stop somewhere in Iowa City around 9:30 am and continue the rest of the way.

This would be a drive not a race. All travel would occur at legal speed. Have enough gas in your tank to go the distance. The trip from Altoona to the meet is approximately 160 miles and travel time will take just under three hours excluding stops. From Newton it is approximately 135 miles. We should arrive at the meet around 11:00 am.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 08-13-2006).]

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
@#$%&*()@* My fricking Babysitter just canceled. Oh well let the scramble begin. I'll be there one way or the other.

Dan

Oh yeah, Bump
SLOWnSTEADY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there.... : ( OF COURSE MY FIERO WONT THOUGH : (
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
YEAH!! My reliable back up babysitter stepped up and put me back on track!!! Kids are covered.

Dan

What the heck, another bump!!
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Right now it looks like I will be traveling in a large pack of 1 on the way to the meet.

People who have posted so far who have intensions of being there:

1984whitesc
Capitol City
DanFiero
Darth Fiero
edzards and Nancy
fierogt3800 - wants to go. <-----Hitchhiking thumb.
musicman_L7
RACE
SLOWnSTEADY - but not with his Fiero. That's going to be a long walk.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 08-17-2006).]

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2006 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
a little of the subject...but Danfiero I love your avatar. LOL

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 08-14-2006).]

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
bump for mere days left!

I just checked the local Davenport, IA weather report. As of this moment, it is supposed to rain Thurs, Fri, and end early on Sat. When I checked the weather report a few days ago they said it was going to only rain on Sat., so it looks like the rain is going to be arriving earlier than predicted in any case. Don't let this scare you away from coming to the show! Even if it does rain Saturday morning, there is going to be pleanty to do the rest of the day including the cookout at Fred's place later that evening!
tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
I defenitely will not be there this year.
Sorry boys, maybe next year.
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
El bump a rino!!!

Just a day or so left!!

Dan
PFF
System Bot
partsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partsmanSend a Private Message to partsmanDirect Link to This Post
I hate to say this: I have to work Saturday morning. Hopefully we will see a bunch of you in October at the All Iowa Fall Cruise in Newton. Have fun and take pictures.

-Brad
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Tim and Brad, Sorry that you guys will not be able to make it. I don't know who I am going to hang out with now. I'll post a video and photos of the meet hopefully by Monday night.
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2006 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Today is the day!!!!! Get in your Cars and start heading to Davenport!! I'm leaving within the hour.

See ya there!!

Dan
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2006 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 08-19-2006).]

SLOWnSTEADY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2006 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYDirect Link to This Post
Alright, little late but im heading out.

EDIT: Well that wasnt worth the 60 mile drive! id say may be 5 of the 20 cars was worth lookin at (no offense to anyone, we just have WAY bigger car shows here every single thursday so i guess i was expecting bigger and better)

[This message has been edited by SLOWnSTEADY (edited 08-19-2006).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2006 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I had a great time. The top cars there were amazing. Larry's was beyond what I had expected to see. Everyone was very nice.

Fred is Mr. Fiero. My hat is off to him. Darth's swaps were worth the drive. He is another awesome guy.

Thanks everyone.

I will have a video up early next week.

partsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partsmanSend a Private Message to partsmanDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone take any pictures?
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
I took a but load of pics of every car that was there. Also some of the whole scene with all the fieros lined up on top of a hill. Also there are pics of the cookout at Fred's house. I had a blast...and learned a couple of things while I was there. Not to drive 392 miles one way again. lol
There was a few more fieros there then there was at MN summer sizzle.
tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

I took a but load of pics of every car that was there. Also some of the whole scene with all the fieros lined up on top of a hill. Also there are pics of the cookout at Fred's house.

Share!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock