Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  88GTFormula's 86 Fastback Build-up (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
88GTFormula's 86 Fastback Build-up by 88GTFormula
Started on: 05-01-2006 11:06 PM
Replies: 51
Last post by: 88GTFormula on 07-07-2006 10:59 PM
88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
So far its you basic '86 Fastback... 2.8 Automatic, ram-air intake 'I like the sound, but future mother-in-law is quite annoyed by it'

I'm fine tuning my Tom's Flushmount headlights that I was pretty luck to get my hand onto... I re-painted those and got a set of Kris Munsons headlight covers, now its just the fun part of fitting them... I've got a few more mods in planning, awaiting shipping etc...

Heres some pictures to keep your eyes busy while I plan, and wait on a few things to show up... Look-out its gonna get interesting...

Hmm, what might be in store for the taillights ?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Almost forgot what I've been working on tonight... New steering wheel came in the mail today... I couldn't let well enough alone, I had to modify it too... Whatcha think? (still have a kink or 2 to work out on it yet, but it will work)

------------------

" Life is short, Live alittle and If you feel froggy, jump. "

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 05-01-2006).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2006 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Did alittle bit of wire looming around my slightly tweeked Flushmounts... (gotta get the alligned [sp])

next project 'changing turn signal + cruise lever' and 'new steering wheel and quick release'

FYI the turn signal operation is one of those things you hope you only have to tackle once.

*EDIT* well, almost got the stering wheel attached to the 'quick release' and relized that the low beams dont work, from installing the new lever. So we gotta go back ad take everything off back to the gut 'in the picture below'

But we're closer on this that what we were at 9am this morning...

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 05-06-2006).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2006 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
fixing to use a few fiero parts to make a chin spoiler of a type, and a few other mods that will get interesting 'stay tuned'

'use broken common parts' and 'utalize busted GT Taillights' you won't wanna miss these... Give me alittle more time and these quotes will make more sence... Here's a few more pictures of the healight mod and looming (I've got ADD I can't manage to stay focused on just one project at a time)

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 05-06-2006).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
while a few problems are worked out with the steering wheel and turn signal lever, to get away from that agravation for awhile, and take my mind off of the mechanical side of things, heres about 95 minutes of more modification work...

A type of channel is sanded onto the hood on both sides and the edges of the fenders, and the adjustments are made to sling alittle fiberglass this after noon... Work is being done on the chasis of my old 87 project chasis and im borrowing the hood and fenders from it... for my 86 GT project... (i doubt i'll be returning them though)

And the car that will be recieving the C4 hood treatment...
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
alittle more hood work underway;

plenty more to overcome...
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2006 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Might I be going out of my league?

What might these 2 pictures soon have in common? (please excuse the sun shinning away when i took this picture. how rude)
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2006 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
ok, well it appears as if no one really interested in my posts lately... this one and a bodywork thread like 300 views (no one posting but me) maybe someone will get interested in them and start posting (sorry if i'm kinda boring at the moment, kinda discouraging). I'll keep posting like ppl are interested. Feel free to give the 'young kid' some encouragement.
CompYellowFiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2006 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CompYellowFieroSend a Private Message to CompYellowFieroDirect Link to This Post
I LIKE IT !

You are welcome to come the the shore and help me with my project GT anytime.

Keep up the good work, and keep it coming.

------------------
Check out My website at http://www.auto-classics.biz/acmain.htm

psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2006 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
No need to write in a good book your reading, so no need to post here. LOL I love the fender tops to hood mod. How well does that hold up with the two different materials (fg and plastic?) Keep the pics coming
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2006 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by psychosurfer:

No need to write in a good book your reading, so no need to post here. LOL I love the fender tops to hood mod. How well does that hold up with the two different materials (fg and plastic?) Keep the pics coming

Hasn't held up too bad yet... I've put my weight on it a good bit and it has give to it without cracking. But my tests on it so far are pretty 'easy not real tough tests for it to pass...' its only 1 layer of fiberglass mat in most areas right now. but I'll be re-for ing the hood area (you'll undertand that better as time progresses. I might be bitting off more than I can chew, time will tell) heres a hood mod picture Im working on at the moment...

Stage II 'hood mods'
Im extending the top edge of the hood 'edge along the windshield' towards the roof more to cover up the windshield wipers when the hood is closed, *more aero dynamic* the air won't be hitting the wipers, it'll have a smoother pass over the car (if it turns out right as planned) and this 'idea' might take awhile all depends on what else has to be done and time frames to do them in. But i work best when i have deadlines like weather etc. since i don't have anywhere to store the car while i'm doing all this work to keep it out of the weather (at the moment) I gotta keep up the pace and "git'r done"

some thinking and about an hour of work: (sorry it was getting dark when a few pictures were taken)
BEFORE:

BEGINNING OF THE F/G PLUG STAGE:

Oh and a few tools i picked up at lowes for the foam shaping stage. along with the hot glue sticks and gun for attaching the foam to the panels... you'll see the outcome of these goodies alittle later.

PFF
System Bot
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2006 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004

Originally posted by CompYellowFiero:

I LIKE IT !

You are welcome to come the the shore and help me with my project GT anytime.

Keep up the good work, and keep it coming.

Just might do that if I get too bored with mine (don't see that happening soon) then again im only 19 (as of the 5th of this month 'woohoo') so I've got plenty of time to contribute to a few other fiero projects... I'll keep that in mind though. thanks for the vote of confidence.

enjoy the upcoming 'book'

FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2006 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
Nice.. I am so happy to see the progress, let us know how it goes and keep the pictures coming.
It look like you planned it out pertty well, so good luck.
Alex
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2006 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

Nice.. I am so happy to see the progress, It looks like you planned it out pertty well, so good luck.
Alex

Im hoping i keep making a steady progress with it, time will tell.

Actually I haven't really planned anything, Im just gonna do one idea at a time, stare at the fiero for awhile and get another idea and run with it (thats kida what i did with the 'hood extension' idea: stared at the car, thinking aerodynamics for alittle bit, got the idea, put plug making skills into play and Im hoping it turns out. Got my fingers crossed.

Thanks to Orville, yourself, & Madcurl's advise I believe its going to turn out as imagined in time. Im sure with your project near finished you know all about the time factor

Thanx for the inspiration, keep that coming and Im sure the ideas will just keep up with the pace.

QUOTE FROM ORVILLE: 'from another thead of mine which got me moving on the fiberglass plugs'

"I'm supposing that you're asking about materials to use to make the plug (male mold).
I've done a bit of this and what worked well for me is an insulating material called
polyisocyanurate (sp?) foam. It has a small, firm, easily shaped cell structure that is
impervious to just about any solvents, including that used in polyester resin. It comes
in different sizes, but I like to use the batts that are 1 1/2" by 4 x 8 feet, which I fasten
in place with hot melt glue. After I get close to the shape I want, I finish with setting
drywall seam plaster. This plaster is much easier to spread and sand than plaster of
paris (casting plaster). The final step is to spray the mold with a catalysed, polyester
based sanding primer.

Also,www.fiberlay.com is a site with good info about all aspects of fiberglassing."

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 05-16-2006).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2006 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
still thinking... kicking around a few angles of the DB8 Aston Martin. hmm, that and actually attempting to plan alittle bit more.

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

btw sorry to those of you who might have invested in 56k
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2006 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
We'll bought me a few cans of spray foam, but Im hoping this one will do the job.

before Im asked, yes I will be at carlisle, no this year the fiero will not be (but if ya wana see it bad enough (im a stone throw away from the fair grounds that most people) about 30 minutes south on I-81 will bring you almost to my frount door, so if ya wana follow me back you more than willing to check out this and a few other projects I've got going with the fiero.

Welp, male plugs finished TIME TO SLING MORE FIBERGLASS (yea right, i only wish It'll be awhile till thats the case.)

enjoy (and feel free to ask question and post in the thread, Im not doing it for my health )
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2006 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
Well, this stuff takes a few days to dry I believe so I did alittle more foaming took a few more pictures and am getting ready to pick up where i left off months ago with my center console male plug I'm jusping all around I know, I'm just trying to stay busy with the projects... So while this foam is given plenty of time I'll be moving to atleast one diffrent area... Atleast the center console, possibly the decklid as well...

heres a few pictures to check out while the foam expands and dries I'll be updating the next area shortly (most likely sometime tomorrow afternoon...)

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2006 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
Since I already have them, heres pictures of the stages that the center console plug have gone through so far basically the center section of it... I have the two sides to fabricate yet...

But overall the hard part for this mold is close to finished (piece in the pictures above... that and getting the basic curve layed out on my 'jig' the jig is picture frame matting material of a couple layers about 3/8 of an inch in thickness altogether) refer to picture below

The side plugs will be close to the center shortly, this piece is alittle bit easier and its alot smaller than the hood modifications... lol
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Welp, just got home from fieros at carlisle. picked up something for another project possibly. depends how my fitting goes. heres a few pictures (expect to see this project start up eventually. its made to fit the hood which has a slightly diffrent contor than the decklid. made by driven isions as far as i've been informed (bought from doug at fiero warehouse, he was there as a vendor)

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 05-20-2006).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
very nice shadow of me in one of those pictures above. lol, anyhow as far as progress on the side plugs of the center console its coming along well as expected, I'm hoping to be laying glass on the plugs within a week or so. I just attempted duck taping and coating the center console center plug and i layed a layer of glass on that, so when that cures i'll have a good idea as to how the duck taping + vaseline works for a release agent (this method was suggested to me by VortechGT here on PFF, great guy. I guess you could technically say I own the sister car to his) anyhow props to him if i did right what he told me to. Im pretty confident. Thanx for the advise Matt, you may be my semi-mentor on a few fiero related things
since you've probally been there done that.

Pics will be in order when the center console mold is finished (maybe one day I will do a production run on these consoles and sell a few) I've already got an order for one before the molds are finished (haagster has confidence in me anyway thanx, i really appriciate it BTW Don, its ppl like you that put their faith in a 19 year old like me in projects like these that keep us going and keep me encouraged)

Gimmie a few days to a week, u'll see a few more pictures of this if all goes as planned. center console f/g mold is curing up well on the plug. hope the rest of this one goes as well if not better than planne for Haagsters sake, I've been promising him one for awhile now, that and Im so anxious to that, I kinda want one in mine 'mine will be the guinea pig' if Im happy with it as perfectionist as I am, if Im happy with it, Im sure it'll please a few others.

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 05-20-2006).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Keep it up! Looking good!
Looks like the hood is going to be a popular mod.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Keep it up! Looking good!
Looks like the hood is going to be a popular mod.

If my hood turns out as planned it'll be one that'll be very difficult to replicate (but possible) It's going to be awhile till its compleate. Im trouble shooting with the foam plug methods, seeing what works best etc. at the moment, but i expect for good progress as long as the weather stays nice (no garage or cover from weather other than drop cloths and car covers. It'll definately keep the project challenging)

the C4 style to the hood makes it more interesting in my opinion. thanks for the kind words.

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 05-21-2006).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Don't applaud too loud (not finished yet) but the 2nd layer is almost a success, its curing quite well right now. I gotta go stock up on supplies if anyones open today, if not, then i'll wait till another day and keep on playing with these foam plug creations of mine since i'm on a roll... lots of work to come, hope everyones enjoying this, its quite fun for me. I love bodywork over engines etc (its alot easier in my opinion.) Heres a picture of the 2nd layer (again nothing really to look at yet) just pictures to enjoy.

Haagster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
You had the motivation all by yourself - I just hope to provide a little encouragement and incentive for you to succeed.

------------------

Project Fiero GT 2M8 Update thread

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
alittle photoshoping done by custom2m4. I'll be aiming for something similar t this on the tailights, except elliminating the reverse lights. another picture to enjot until i get to the the taillights alittle bit more. the sides of the center console I expect to have close to ready to lay glass this week. stayed tuned for pictures of that.

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
Anyone besides me getting the slightest bit antsy ? now these pictures alone are pictures of future success sweet!. I didn't expect it to fit good enough to trim on my first try. Gotta wait to get the sides done and I believe I'll be smiling (first plug that actually worked so far) age doesn't matter I think I've proven that. All you need is the heart and determination to do it and anything is possible

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Very good progress. I like the hood scoop on the back. That'll look cool. Center console's huge...Anything going in it? And wouldn't be easier to work inside if you pulled the seats out? Can't wait to see your vision.

Bob
Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:
Center console's huge...Anything going in it? And wouldn't be easier to work inside if you pulled the seats out? Can't wait to see your vision.

There is a very good chance it will end up in my car (and yes, there are plans to use the space )
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Very good progress. I like the hood scoop on the back. That'll look cool. Center console's huge...Anything going in it? And wouldn't be easier to work inside if you pulled the seats out? Can't wait to see your vision.

Bob

I've got a few ideas to use the space as well as Don does. I'll be putting a new computer in it eventually. one of those that you can plug a laptop into and tune the car with. I forget the spacific name of it. that won't take up much more space compared to the factory ECM, the space will be used wisely. time will tell. Then again it looks so huge b/c it needs trimmed down to match the sides which are just now getting underway as far as the plugs are concerned, the piece pictures in the car is that part of the mold. gotta do the side plugs (hopefully get them close to laying up glass on them this week). yea, it will be easier with the seats out. I'm gonna be redoing the whole interior so thats when it all gets gutted. definately gotta save up for that project. mikes seats, carpet, dash swap, system, the works...

That scoop on the decklid has been an idea for awhile I just finally got my hands on one. I may wind-up just making my own still and selling that one. we'll see... Gotta get this center console finished tho... so its the priority at the moment. that and the hood mods (still getting ideas for that so its been put on hold untill i make up my mind... and untill I learn to lay-up CF & Kevlar

It will get more interesting, waiting on materials, then practice time.

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
well, bad news first. The spay foam didnt turn out like i was hoping it would... Good news almost an hour of work got it all off the hood for the most part... So while I try to think of a diffrent way to tackle the hood extnsion, Im going to go work on the sides of the center console for awhile... stay tuned. just a small delay on the hood, nothing real major...
VortechGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VortechGTClick Here to visit VortechGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to VortechGTDirect Link to This Post
Console looks good!

Just be careful when pulling the Fiberglass away from the Duct Tape, sometimes it sticks a little more than you want it to and you can end up cracking the final piece.

As far as Carbon Fiber goes, let me know, been there done that. And it's alot easier than you think.

Matt
PFF
System Bot
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
better news, and more pictures... the sides ('attached' for the center console mold) getting ready to spacle it and smooth that out by hand... i may use plaster of paris casting plaster, not sure yet...

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Hey Tim ~

Sorry we couldn't give you a lift - I was really confused where you were heading and realized after the fact that we may have been - I'm still confused :-)

~ Jen
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Hey Tim ~

Sorry we couldn't give you a lift - I was really confused where you were heading and realized after the fact that we may have been - I'm still confused :-)

~ Jen

No sweat Jen, just a big thank you for all your hard work for the show (not to mention the rest). Maybe you'll see this fiero in years to come

I haven't desided if Im going to use the scoop i bought or not. Im just glad i made it to the car without loosing it in the wind. Thanx for the show (my first carlisle) hopefully not the last
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
welp, got the 1st layer of joint compound sanded, and the 2nd layer is dring now... So the side plugs are coming along quite well as planned if not better... But the center curve has plenty of work ahead, so Im gonna try to do some more to it... Heres a few pictures of the side plugs as is right now...

any comments?
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
As of right now, I'm about 1/2 way through making a jig to trim the center curve of the console to the correct shape, making it out of 5/8 plywood.

I'll post picture of the jig when its finished, but it will be adjustable so it can be tightened against the f/g piece to hold it in place so it can be trimmed to the exact shape... the measurements for the top of the console (width) is between 11 and 12 inches, and the bottom measurement is 9 inches. Time for my carpentry skills to take effect.

Stay tuned for pictures of this... Its alot of work to get 'the perfect mold' if you havent noticed yet... So far I've got 200 dollars approx. in materials, when the actual mold is compleate, I'll make a production run of a few consoles to get my money out of the materials atleast. If they sell well, I may consider making more.

But first I gotta finish this jig and keep working on the plugs for the sides... (2nd coat of spackle's sanded. gotta wait on a few supplies)

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 05-23-2006).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2006 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Got half of the trimming jig cut-out, working on the other side today, them=n I get to assemble it all... Taking my time on making the mold will save me time in the end if i make a bunch of these. We'll see... Heres another picture to examine, you probally won't be able to figure out how its gonna work untill its done, it doesnt look like much yet...

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2006 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
I made another set of pieces (pretty much duplicated the picture above) then I screwed the pieces together in the picture above and in the set i duplicated from those, and put 2 pieces off all thread (one on each side) through the pieces I screwed together, as well as a nut on each end of each piece of all thread... This makes it adjustable so i can clamp the fiberglass piece that im using for my mold between the 2 pieces and I can trim the fiberglass piece...

But before I do that, I've got to finish the jig... the piece needs to be trimmed to 9 inches in the front and 11 1/2 inches in th back. So I gotta do that part yet, then it should be ready for trimming.

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 05-27-2006).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
On another note, I'll need these when I get to my taillights, so I went ahead and picked them up. Driving lights (also the same lights that are in tom's flushmount set-up) I've got my fingers crossed that they'll fit without too much modifications to the reflector holes... We'll see, Its gonna be close

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 05-27-2006).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2006 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Did you happen to work out the foam problem on the front? It looks like you used Dap latex foam. That stuff pretty much sucks as you found oout. You need the urethane based foam. It comes out yellow. It's not the greatest, but it is useable.

Bob
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock