Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  The sonic50 build up! This should be fun (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
The sonic50 build up! This should be fun by sonic50
Started on: 03-31-2006 03:55 PM
Replies: 92
Last post by: sonic50 on 05-25-2006 12:06 PM
sonic50

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
The sonic50 build up! This should be fun

Well since I finally got my self a job I am determine to finish my car.
The car is a 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE it has a 2.8L v6 with the 4 speed. I am not the best mechanic so bare with me and my stupid questions.

Here are some photos of how the fiero looks now.

As you see here. The car does not have a good paint job. As of right now I am going to be getting the car painted late June. What am I planning on doing the back of the car?
Well I am happy that you asked. Lets see. First I am going to start off with .

Some may like it. Some may not. But to me it looks better then the stock tail lights on the notchback.
Second thing that I want to do is to get some new tips. I found a few nice one for a good price. But I am not sure what I am going to do yet.
Also with the back of the car I am going to get the rear window tinted. I not sure what degree yet but I want to get it pretty dark.
Now this is also not the first thing on my list but this is what I want to get done with the inside of the car

I would like to get Mr mikes seat covers or new seats. Not sure witch one I want to do yet but one of those.
I am going to put on a short shifter. New steering wheel. Again not sure what type of steering wheel that I want yet. But I know that It will look nice.
Also with the inside I want to take the front speaker covers and on the drivers side write in red 1986 on the passenger side I want to put Fiero. Theses will be red. I am trying to do a red black theme. I know when I paint the car it will be black.
Another thing that I want to do to the front of the car is to change out the gauges to the those white 120 speedometer gauges. I want to put in the fiero store floor mats. I just wish that they did not cost that much money.
I also want to do the wrap around dash. For the longest time I love how that looks.

Audio for the inside.
I want to put Kenwood speakers all around. I want to put in a sub but not sure how I want to do that yet. I am not a huge fan of the sub in the center box. I would like to either put it behind the passenger seat to on the passenger floor board. With the sub I don’t want any thing huge. Just something to get a good sound out of. The cd player that I want to get.
Time for the side of the car. I want to get some new rims, I still have not picked what kind I want yet but I want them to be 18s. I am also going to put on a corvette brake upgrade and KYB shocks and struts.

More to come, Keep reading to find out what happens to the 1986 pontiac fiero se. I am also going to add more to the list of what I am going to do soon.
Scott

------------------

[This message has been edited by sonic50 (edited 04-04-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Part 2 of want to get.

Now I am at the front of the car.

The first thing that you notice is that the head lights are popped way up.
What I want to do is put flush mount headlight up there.

I also am going to put on a chain spoiler

That is about it for the out side of the car and the inside of the cabin. Next thing is the front compartment and the engine compartment

Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post03-31-2006 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
Good luck

[This message has been edited by Emc209i (edited 04-02-2006).]

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by sonic50 (edited 03-31-2006).]

pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
What kind of time frame at we looking at here? And how well does your new job pay?

A little advice.. it's great to plan ahead (prevents having to redo stuff), but stick to one project at a time. If you get too far ahead of yourself it's likely you'll be disappointed with how little it seems like you're accompishing.

For perspective- I've had my 88 coupe for 3 years and with $5,000 have gone from this :

to this:

and I still don't have the tires, suspension, paint, or engine that I really want.

And you may want to focus on becoming a better mechanic first, little things have a tendancy to eat up money you're planned for bigger things. Especially if you're paying someone else to do the work. That $800 clutch you just got put in was a $100 part, that difference would have paid for your Mr. Mike's

Best of luck to ya.

-Amber

[This message has been edited by pumpkincarriage (edited 03-31-2006).]

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Well little bit of both. I want my car to be me. I don’t want it to look like very other fiero. But With the mechanic stuff. Yes I want to become a better mechanic but With the hole clutch thing is that this car is a daily driver. And I knew that there would be no way that I could do it in the amount of time that they did it. And Also If I did there would be that chance that it did not work.

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
I have over 5,000 dollars invested in my 84 and the damn thing still isn't running. lol I love it, but the mechanical has been thrown on the backburner until I can get my supercharger.. No point in hooking up a motor when your just going to have to redo everything.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Part 3. Security. Well by this time I will have a good amount of . Money invested in to the car. So what do I need to do. Put in a alarm system.
I am going to go with the viper alarm system.

Yes it does cost a lot of money for it. It cost about 450 dollars. But You know what. It pays to be safe. With every thing that I am going to have in the car I want to make sure that it will all be safe.

Also I am going to change out all of the locks. The reason behind this is that my car is used. There were a few owners that use to have them. They may still have a key.

Golden86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Golden86Send a Private Message to Golden86Direct Link to This Post
I have that viper system, except I paid A LOT less for it, I work at Best Buy as an installer. I have the 791XV, it's one of the most advanced security systems out there. I love it.

------------------

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post04-01-2006 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
If I were you I'd learn how to be a decent mechanic first, like everyone else is saying. Because this car is your only daily driver, anything that takes more than a couple of days of your own labor to do you'll give to a shop right? Well, shops like to rip people off because they can. If you're a good enough mechanic, you can do your own clutch jobs and such and save A LOT of money, and then the project will be finished faster. If you had done your own clutch you'd already have your seats. If I were you (and I'm not, ), I'd work on the '88 coupe. It sounds like you've gotten the '86 to the point where its running well, yet the '88 doesn't move. If you work on the '88, you can take your time and do all the work yourself (which will save money). Not only that, but in the end you'll have a car with a better suspension, 1 more gear (5-speed vs. 4-speed), and t-tops. By then you'll probably have a better job and a finished car ('88 5-speed t-top coupe with a 4.9? ), so then you can turn your '86 into what you REALLY want (3800SC? LT1? LS1?) and drive the '88 as a daily driver. But then again its your choice, but I would fix the one that isn't currently working...

We've had our '86'es for about the same amount of time, I really haven't done anything to it. I had a shop replace the clutch master and slave cylinders and bleed the system (works great now!), I know I'm not taking my own advice, but it was 2 days before the parade and I couldn't get into ANY gear. I also got a Cavalier Z24 brake kit on the front. Before that, I had installed an adjustable banjo (which was for naught, its not in the car anymore) and a new pedal. I also gave it a tune-up, got the fuel injectors cleaned, flushed the coolant system, and I replaced the heater core (it was leaking like a ***** ). I also got a new radio. So, maybe I have done some stuff . But other than the radio, everything I've done was just to get the car on the road. It still needs some stuff, like the battery moved to the front (the rear tray is completely rusted away, the battery is like hanging there), the A/C fixed, then my idle issue solved (it constantly throws a code 42, and it idles at 1200 rpms. sometimes it'll go insane and idle at 2000 rpms). I'd make my own build thread (there is a lot I've done and a lot that needs to be done), but I'm having issues right now that are more important. It looks like I'll be evicted on April 25, 2006, a week before my finals, I'm seriously considering dropping out of college because I just can't handle all of the bullshit.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/tinton

never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
Scott
You recently posted a thread on car washing.
next time you have some spare time use some water, wax, Armor-all , tire shine and elbow grease and shine that baby up.
I also have a 86SE and WISH I had the nose of the car that you do. Please do the above and then take some more pictures.
please don't tell me you don't have time.
Have a good weekend, Cliff
PFF
System Bot
never2old

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post

never2old

1854 posts
Member since Dec 2005
Forgot to ask. Does someone on the forum make the taillight system you have pictured? And how much is it?
If I were to do my inside over again I would use Tina for a reference. Beautiful car.
never2old

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post

never2old

1854 posts
Member since Dec 2005

You didn't per-chance leave the "burn out" marks in the parking lot in your opening pictures did you?
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by never2old:

You didn't per-chance leave the "burn out" marks in the parking lot in your opening pictures did you?

I wish, But no I did not.

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

3873 posts
Member since Aug 2004

Originally posted by Tinton:

If I were you I'd learn how to be a decent mechanic first, like everyone else is saying. Because this car is your only daily driver, anything that takes more than a couple of days of your own labor to do you'll give to a shop right? Well, shops like to rip people off because they can. If you're a good enough mechanic, you can do your own clutch jobs and such and save A LOT of money, and then the project will be finished faster. If you had done your own clutch you'd already have your seats. If I were you (and I'm not, ), I'd work on the '88 coupe. It sounds like you've gotten the '86 to the point where its running well, yet the '88 doesn't move. If you work on the '88, you can take your time and do all the work yourself (which will save money). Not only that, but in the end you'll have a car with a better suspension, 1 more gear (5-speed vs. 4-speed), and t-tops. By then you'll probably have a better job and a finished car ('88 5-speed t-top coupe with a 4.9? ), so then you can turn your '86 into what you REALLY want (3800SC? LT1? LS1?) and drive the '88 as a daily driver. But then again its your choice, but I would fix the one that isn't currently working...

Well the whole thing is with the t-top. I have started work on her. I just not going to be saying alot of stuff about since what I am doing to it will be just simply amazing. I am hoping that the t-top will be done by next daytona car show.

Also nathans sorry about the hole school thing. Just do not drop out.

Scott

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

3873 posts
Member since Aug 2004
Part 4: The engine. I don’t know why I am putting part 4 as the engine. Cause I am going to be working on the engine first.

First thing that I am going to be buying is going to be the Rodney Dickmans V6 power pulley kit.

Then I am going to be getting a new t-sat, spark plugs, wires. Rotor cap, coil
I also want to get a flow master muffler I am thinking about the 40 series.
I want to move the battery up front.
Also with the engine I want to put in a KN air filter.
repaint the engine bay one day

A photo of the engine.

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

3873 posts
Member since Aug 2004
Part 5. What has been done so far to the car since I have owned it.

So far that radiator fan motor and relay has been replaced so has the temp switch. The master and slave cylinder has been replaced and so has the clutch.

All of the brake, and rotors has been replaced.

The shifter cable has been replaced and a rebuild kit has been done on the shifter.

So anyway that is what has happen so far to the fiero.

Some more photos of the car and what has been replaced

this is the temp switch that I have replaced

I am going to go out side and wash the car and I will have some better pics.

As for the build I am going to start buying stuff for the car this week.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-01-2006 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Scott...are you still getting married in June? Or did I get it wrong?? How are you going to do all this at the same time?? Is your young Lady going to help you too? Or is this a secret ambition still Good luck in all you do. You seem to be a nice young man, and I hope ALL your dreams come true
Nick
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Wheels and tires!

I have narrowed down my search for wheels and tires.
The first set of wheels.

Second set

Third set

Now for the tires.

For the tires. I would want to get 215/45/17
I am going to go with either BF goodwrench or bridgestone .

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

3873 posts
Member since Aug 2004
For the sail panels I found these.

Or this! LOL.

Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Second set on the wheels, those would look sick on a notchie, And i think you should leave the panels all black
PFF
System Bot
Miss-Tress007
From: New Orleans, LA, USA--now in Greensboro, GA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post
Hey Scott!

I thought I was ambitious! LOL Your ideas sound great. I hope you'll be bringing the car to the monthly club meetings so we can keep up with your progress.

Good luck with it all. With spring arriving, you'll have the perfect weather to get all of that work done. hehe

See you next Saturday at the meeting!

~Tress

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Thanks every one.
I am going to be getting a few things off the internet in the next few days. The whole plane is to try to get the car done by next years Daytona show.
If you read my earlier post I am also going to be getting my 88 t-top done by the next Daytona show.

I want to have both cars in the show. My dad is going to be doing most of the work on the t-top and I am going to be doing most of the work on the 86.
I wanted to start a build thread about the 88 but dad said no way! Make them wait for it. LOL

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2006 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Monday the fun starts!!!
My plan for Monday is to do change out the plugs and wires!
I am going to buy autolight wires. And Bosch Spark Plug.
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2006 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
Scott check you Pm's
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2006 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
I Order the v6 pulley kit from Rodney but It will not be here a few days and It will be a few more days till I am able to put it in. Since I am going to be doing a tune up tomorrow I am going to tighten my belt. What is the best way to get a pivot point from the top of the car? Or the back of the car?

Scott

Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2006 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
I'm guessing you mean on the alternator. I've found that the best way is to use as long a prybar as possible from underneath the car. You'll have to put the crowbar at the back of the alternator casing and then fulcrum is off of the spaceframe*. You really need two poeple to do it right, one person to do the prying and the other to tighten the bolt. It also is good to have a good belt to work with, even the tightest old belt can sometimes squeal. A really good belt for the money is Goodyear's gatorback belt # 4050410 - 5PK1040. Cost's about $15

*By spaceframe I ment rear part of the cradle.

[This message has been edited by Emc209i (edited 04-03-2006).]

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Today I did the tune up on the 86.
All went well. Except the front spark plugs must have been in for a long time. Spark plug number 6 broke. Also got the belt tighten and the car drives and run vary good!
Photos of the fun

new spark plug

Old spark plug ( spark plug number 3)

And a preview photo of the 88 coupe

Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
I love the Hockenhiem style rims like those by TSW or BBS also found on F1 cars.
Imagine my horror when I scrolled down at saw the mudflaps you plan to mate them with
Luckily upon closer inspection they were sail panels

------------------

1986 Fiero2m8 (LT1 NX / 4T60 Roadster in progress)
My build thread - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071642.html

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

I love the Hockenhiem style rims like those by TSW or BBS also found on F1 cars.
Imagine my horror when I scrolled down at saw the mudflaps you plan to mate them with
Luckily upon closer inspection they were sail panels

LOL mud laps! Why would I put them on a sports car

fierochick32188

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochick32188Send a Private Message to fierochick32188Direct Link to This Post
Love your idea! Good luck with it.
PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierochick32188:

Love your idea! Good luck with it.

What part of alpharetta are you from?
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sonic50:

LOL mud laps! Why would I put them on a sports car

Haven't you heard? Mud flaps and stickers make them go faster.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlueGT:

Haven't you heard? Mud flaps and stickers make them go faster.

Oh, that's right!

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

3873 posts
Member since Aug 2004
A few more photos of how the car is right now.

Carswell...Wellscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarDirect Link to This Post
good luck with that man ..getting the car where u want it to be said and done will take a while ..i've had my fiero for ..i think 2 years and its just about to get on the road ..if insurance prices doesn't stop me ..all it needs is an alignment, cert. and maybe and emissions test ..i've been told it does and it doesn't lol ..its an 86..and as u said about trying to do the clutch yourself and in your garage if you did ..its alot harder without the proper tools, like at the shop i work at ..one guy can have an engine dropped and apart from a tranny in like 2 hours ...and thats wiht a hoist ..neumatic tools and such ..instead of putting my engine into my car ..with it on jackstands ..and engine hoist ...and hand tools ..ya it can take a good bunch of hours ...but yes you can do some things on ur own and on home ..just have to have some good tools and not swear too much and be determind ..once i get my fiero on the road ..i'll be able to work on it at my shop lol ..that will make life so much easier ..good luck ...maybe one of these days i'll have my own build thread ..but first i need it on the road and paint and nicer rims .

good luck and keep us posted ..change that rear bumper too :P ..

matt

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Quick update. (from out of town)

Well I got off the phone about 2 hours ago. I was talking to a guy up in Canton Ga by my dads house. I have set a date with him to get the fiero painted. This guys does of high dollars cars. Vetts, vipers, and a lot of show cars.
So any way I should be dropping my car off in about a month. He says to get a real good paint job it is going to take about a month in a half.

So what do I do about a car.

Well my buddy is going to sell me his 99 civic to me. The only thing that is wrong with it is that it need a new distributor. Fix that have about 200 dollars into that car. Drive it for a month. And sell it for a few hundred more or keep it for a daily driver. Not sure yet.

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
A quick update.
Last week I got all new rotors and brake pad and calipers all the way around the car.
I bought a v6 pulley kit for Rodney dickman.
I bought a new heater core. Mine just went bad got a good used one from a club member for 10 dollars.
Might be buying a new steering wheel.
Did a tune up. New wires and cap and plugs. Did a oil change. I am going to be doing a transmission fluid change.

I have a few more things that I need to do before RFTH 11 to make sure the car will make it ; ) to the run.

Well that is all for right now. I am going to be installing the pulley kit and the heater core on Sunday. Will have pics.

Forgot to add stuff I have done to the car.
I have changed out the fan motor, relay and the fan, and temp Sensor.

[This message has been edited by sonic50 (edited 04-23-2006).]

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2006 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I thought you just got new rotors on the car though? And last I heard those were dragging, so you got new ones? Nice! The heater core shouldn't be that bad, just make sure to remove your front-right speaker before you work on it. There's a screw on the top of the heater core that holds it in place, and you can only reach it from under that speaker. Also, the coolant lines stuck to the heater core (in the front compartment) are a real b!tch to get off.

I'm thinking about getting both my cars ready for RFTH. I think my Dad would really enjoy being in the other car on the route, last year we were going to do that (me in my '88 GT, and my Dad in the Camaro) but it didn't work out. Scott, you know of any junkyard Fieros with V6's around? I think I need to snip off the grey connector wire for the coil and splice it in on my '88 GT, that damned thing won't stay on without the clip, I'd hate to be on the run and have the car dying because of a simple loose connection. I also wish my '86 had the suspension of your car, your '86 felt nice and tight, mine will take some work to get it worthy for RFTH. It feels like a Cadillac.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Good luck on your progress, Scott.
You're gaining experience that you will be able to use, from now on.
When I first got my 88 coupe, I didn't know squat about Fieros. (There are those who will say that I still don't. Whatever. )
Everything that's been done to it, with the exception of wheel alignments and some warranty work on the engine (for a blown headgasket), I've learned to do by researching and doing it myself. That's everything between 1997 and now.

Originally posted by Tinton:
...you know of any junkyard Fieros with V6's around? I think I need to snip off the grey connector wire for the coil and splice it in on my '88 GT, that damned thing won't stay on without the clip...

I bought one a while back. I believe the Fiero Store sells them.
It came with ~6" wire pigtails that can be spliced in to the harness.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fasback.............................. 88 3.4 coupe................................................

Praise the Lowered! Read Nealz Nuze!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-24-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock