Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I Got One! I Got One! I Got One! Whoo-hoo! (Long post--I'm excited LOL) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
I Got One! I Got One! I Got One! Whoo-hoo! (Long post--I'm excited LOL) by Miss-Tress007
Started on: 12-19-2005 09:17 PM
Replies: 67
Last post by: fierofool on 12-28-2005 09:31 AM
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
It is really nice to hear someone so excited about having a Fiero again. Congrats!
IP: Logged
Bazooka

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaClick Here to visit Bazooka's HomePageSend a Private Message to BazookaDirect Link to This Post
Tress,
Very sharp Fiero. If you're persistent enough, you can do anything. Altho, may have saved a day of hanging out if you have brought cash in limited amounts of what you expect to spend.
You'lle prolly want to insure the state of the engine/brakes/trans before too much time goes by tho. These fluids have a limited life to them and should be changed at regular intervals. brake fluid/dot 3 is good for about 3 years before moisture will start to affect the hygroscopic fluid. The tranny fluid also has its limits based on mileage. So, get to work girl. Oh, don't forget the engine oil and antifreeze. More pics pleez.
Miss-Tress007
From: New Orleans, LA, USA--now in Greensboro, GA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for all the congrats and well-wishes guys and gals! hehe I'm really excited about this one (not that you could tell, of course hehe). We really got lucky with this find.

Originally posted by Bazooka:
More pics pleez.

Ask and ye shall receive. LOL

We still haven't had time to really check everything out on the car, but we did get a new digital camera that we needed to test out so of course we had to take pics of the car. hehe

Here's a pic of the engine:

Under the hood:

It looks like I'm going to need to replace that part to get the AC to work. Is this something that I can order and just install? What is it called anyway? (I'm definitely going to need to get another Fiero manual.)

The interior looks to be in pretty good shape:

Exotic Rida and 4.9 PFI FIERO came by yesterday to visit (the car, not us) and we took them on a bit of test drive. This is one of me and Exotic Rida going out for a spin.

Speedin' away:

I took him to this part in a nearby subdivision that we call "The Hill". Georgia's roads in this part of the city are especially hilly and twisty anyway, but this hill is like a double-decker roller coaster ride. hehe You're traveling at what you think is level ground, when all of a sudden you take a sudden drop that leaves your stomach in a lurch as you go through a turn at the bottom. Then, to make matters worse, once you've caught your breath at the top of the next hill, you take another plunge down towards another curve next to a pond. This stretch is bad enough in a regular car, but in a fiero, it's jaw-dropping! LOL Needless to say, I took them both out there and didn't give them any warning. hehe

After getting over the initial shock (we weren't even going that fast because of the traffic in front of us), they both agreed that this was definitely a road that deserved another run when it was empty. LOL

This is us pullin' in the driveway on the way back:

(cont)

Miss-Tress007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post

Miss-Tress007

541 posts
Member since Feb 2004
(cont)

Next it was 4.9 PFI FIERO's turn. We pulled out again....and off we went to "the hill" and through the rest of our neighborhood. He agreed that we've definitely got the best neighborhood fiero roads to drive this baby on. LOL

On the way back to the house, we saw a female deer on the side of the road. She stopped and stared at us for awhile, like she was trying to figure out what kind of car that was.

Possibly the best part of our neighborhood is the different types of roads--hills, twists, turns and I've even got a straight-away in front of my house....ain't I lucky? LOL

In answer to some of your questions......
We're definitely planning on coming to Daytona again this year and I'm more than likely going to drive this baby down there. I haven't found anything yet that needs to be fixed aside from the A/C and the hood sensor (it's a little loose, so the "ajar" light stays on even when the hood is closed), so I know I won't be donning the nitrile gloves anytime soon! LOL

As for names, I was thinking of naming this one "Katrina AKA Hottie #2"--(I don't want a repeat of the overheating issues of the original Hottie, but I don't think I have anything to worry about with this one). LOL What do you guys think? Reminds me of something powerful, y'know what I mean?

And for those of you who are concerned about 007 getting his own...rest assured, we're already looking. hehe We almost had to flip a coin for this one once he saw it. LOL We're keeping an eye out for a good deal with the hopes that we'll find one in time for both of us to drive down to Daytona.

Oh, and kitskaboodle--I'm already on the lookout for another bunny license plate. LOL I did find a collection of t-shirts though and someone told me about a website, so hopefully I'll be able to have my bunny riding with me again soon. hehe

Now the next thing I'm going to need is: RIMS! Any suggestions fellas?

--Tress

Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Tress --- You're killing me , you're really killing me !! LOL. She looks sweet in those pictures. Now I could just kick my a-- for not buying that car !!
I think that A/C piece is the accumulator. But the whole system will need to be dried out by an A/C person I think because of it being left "open" (disconnected) like that. Not sure what other work will need to be done. Some of our higher "Tech" guys will answer that question for you.
What model Fiero is 007 looking for ? And pricerange? Maybe I can find him one too
Don't know if we can beat this deal tho !!

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 12-20-2005).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Yeah the AC Accumulator is missing. Probably moisture and crap in the lines now, too. Can't wait to see a detailed build thread on that

Autozone sells a nice DVD on AC System repair for like $10, that will give you an idea of what to expect.

If I find one of those bunny plates, I'll send it to you for free.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!
And you'll find that we have those "hill" things all over the state. We call the bigger ones "mountains". Although the folks in California would probably call anything we've got a mere "hill".
(Sorry. J/K. Hadda do it. )

Rims? I've always been partial to just the 15" GT mesh rims, on that particular body style.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-21-2005).]

Whuffo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations on finding a very nice Fiero!
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Tress, I'm soo0o happy for you. That is great. I know how happy you are.

Glad something good is happening for you. It looks really nice.

Dave

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Looks like you found yourself a nice little gem there.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Tress. And again, welcome to you and 007. Previously I mentioned you were near my favorite lake. Looks like you already know about it. Maybe just a couple of stone throws away. Used to visit all 5 of the courses there on a regular basis. And I think I know what hills you're talking about in the neighborhood.

Grab yourself a Wal-Mart Atlas and hit the roads around there. Lots of nice country. Not far from there up to the real hills, either. I'm about 45 minutes away from you, and it's only about another hour to some real twisties.

I know someone who's got a bunch of interior trim, consoles, and other items. He's anxious to get rid of them. PM me if you want to contact him. Hope to see you two (3 including the SE) at our January meeting. Let me know and I'll give you a short cross-country route that will save you a little time.

Charlie

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Can I get a ride? :P Nice car

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Contratulations again. Let me know if you need anything.

The accumulator is going to need to be a new one with a fresh dessicant. Also, you will probably want to change over to R134a at the same time.

YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
I got an accumulator here if you want it. When I removed it, I taped up the ends to keep it dry internally. It should still be good. Just pay me for the shipping or consider it a x-mas gift.

Great looking car

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)
www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053203.html

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2005 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Tress, Jen and I were talking and since you won't accept any money from the raffle, we would like to get you either

1) a gift certificate to Mr Mikes
or
2) buy you a set of seat covers from him.

Please let me know ASAP so I can get that started and the checks mailed out to Garrett and Anthony.

I'm so happy for you that you are doing well and found yourself an awesome car!!!
It looks like it is in fantastic shape. I guess I'm a bit jealous too. I wish I had paint that shined like that!!

Congrats on the find, I'm sure you will be happy with her!!

Dar

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2005 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Tress i hope what we talked about works out !

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2005 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
Everybody, the car is amazing inside and out. I'm jealous myself and I want a fastback!!!! LOL

------------------

88red4cyl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2005 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88red4cylSend a Private Message to 88red4cylDirect Link to This Post
Nice car! Does that happen to be from Winterville (just outside Athens) by any chance? It sure looks a lot like the yellow one that I always meant to stop and ask about but never got time too..
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2005 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Yep , that's the one from Winterville. I passed the info on to MissTress about the car. I had thought about buying it many times , just never did. So , I'm glad to be able to pass it on to a another Fiero enthusiast. MissTress is living about 30 miles south of Athens now. I think she's happy with it
Hope she doesn't mind me answering your question for her. Just saw your post.
Miss-Tress007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2005 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:

Tress, Jen and I were talking and since you won't accept any money from the raffle, we would like to get you either

1) a gift certificate to Mr Mikes
or
2) buy you a set of seat covers from him.

Please let me know ASAP so I can get that started and the checks mailed out to Garrett and Anthony.

I'm so happy for you that you are doing well and found yourself an awesome car!!!

It looks like it is in fantastic shape. I guess I'm a bit jealous too. I wish I had paint that shined like that!!

Congrats on the find, I'm sure you will be happy with her!!

Dar

Everyone has been telling me that I need to get a pair. Mr. Mike's seats would be an awesome Christmas present for my new "addition" to the family! It is such a generous offer and I would truly be honored. Since I have no clue as to what color scheme to get and since you guys are generous enough to offer such a wonderful gift, I think it's only fair that you guys help me pick them out.

I will be so proud to put my butt on those seats, not only because they are so nice, but because of what they represent. We've decided to go to Daytona again this year and will also be at Carlisle. I'll be bringing my new baby along where I can proudly display the new seats and can't wait to meet more of my "family". I can't wait to get them into the car and break them in. LOL

Thanks so much! You guys have been awesome with everything that you've done. I know that what you have done will make a big difference in helping out Garrett and Anthony. Little things mean exponentially more these days than they used to, and what you guys have done falls nowhere in the category of little, it is a major thing and as a result you can just imagine how beneficial it will be to both Anthony and Garrett. I thank you on their behalf. We're just overwhelmed by how everyone has responded to this crisis. PFF is truly one big family and we're proud and happy to be a part of it.

Thanks again. You guys are really the best.

Originally posted by fierofool:

Congratulations Tress. And again, welcome to you and 007. Previously I mentioned you were near my favorite lake. Looks like you already know about it. Maybe just a couple of stone throws away. Used to visit all 5 of the courses there on a regular basis. And I think I know what hills you're talking about in the neighborhood.

Charlie

My other half (007) plays a bit of golf and I'm just starting to get into it. If you know of any other PFF'ers who like to golf, let us know and we can maybe get a golf outing together where you guys can come down and play a few holes. LOL We are basically living on one of those courses (for the moment at least). For those who aren't addicted to hitting that little white ball yet, we could also have a general PFF fiero family "hangout". We would love to have our fellow Georgia members over (I'll even cook something LOL) Lake Oconee is really pretty and there are plenty of cruising opportunities around. hehe I'll PM you and see if we can put something together.

Originally posted by YELLOWFIERO88:
I got an accumulator here if you want it. When I removed it, I taped up the ends to keep it dry internally. It should still be good. Just pay me for the shipping or consider it a x-mas gift.

Great looking car

Awwww <sniff> You guys are fantastic! Thanks for the offer. Just how complicated is it to replace one of those things anyway? Is that something I can do myself or do I need to pass it along to a more experienced "mechanic"? LOL

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Can I get a ride? :P Nice car

Sure! See you at Daytona or Carlisle.

Thank you everyone else for the welcomes and well wishes. (Oh, and I don't mind a bit Ronnie--thanks for chiming in 'cause I had no idea where Winterville was. LOL)

And oh yeah, jscott I've got some design modification ideas that I'm going to need your help with--so you may have to make some room in that garage of yours! LOL

--Tress

[This message has been edited by Miss-Tress007 (edited 12-22-2005).]

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2005 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
since i see that your posting alot on this thread, i guess ill ask a few questions and see what happens.

Mrs. tress:

Are you going to permanently move to GA? If so I hope you have a good transition, from the flat lands of NO to the wonderful mountains of GA, should be some fun fiero driving going to happen.

What Happened to your fiero in NO, i know it was flooded and very nasty, but did you just have it towed off, or is it still sitting in your garage in NO?

please dont send it to the crusher, im sure suspension, and rear cradle, gauge a/c and shifter fascia's and other things can be salvaged. alot of people need 88 specific parts, even the brakes can probably be rebuilt after being salvaged, and all the body panels would be good.

How well has the Gov. been at making it easier for you to get funding for housing and whatnot?

thats pretty much the only questions i had, Im just glad to hear that everyone from that area is alright, and ill be SUPER HAPPY to know that they will mostly be relocating to much safer area's that have a much smaller chance of natural disaster.

matthew

PFF
System Bot
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2005 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Miss-Tress007:
Awwww <sniff> You guys are fantastic! Thanks for the offer. Just how complicated is it to replace one of those things anyway? Is that something I can do myself or do I need to pass it along to a more experienced "mechanic"? LOL

You can put it in yourself, however you will need a shop to evacuate the system and put the charge to it. If you want it email me your addy. I need to ship other things out. I will do it all at the same time

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2005 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
Boy can i kill a thread with a couple questions....

matthew

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2005 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Tress nice car! Congratulations! You deserve it!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 12-25-2005).]

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2005 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by YELLOWFIERO88:

I got an accumulator here if you want it. When I removed it, I taped up the ends to keep it dry internally. It should still be good.

A used accumulator is about the same as a used oil filter. They are a filter, and do go bad with age. Also, if it is one that was not made in about the last 10 years or so it will have desicant in it that is not 134A compatable. The origional desicant is differant than the current desicant, if you use 134A in an origional accumulator it will slowly break down and cause a slow death to the system.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2005 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Hot-dang, Tress, I am really happy for you! Catching up on a week's worth of forum reading, and this made my day. Great way to wrap up 2005.
Miss-Tress007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2005 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

Boy can i kill a thread with a couple questions....

matthew

No, Matthew, you didn't kill the thread. LOL We've been out of town and are just getting back. Didn't have internet access at all---(went through serious withdrawals). LOL

--Tress

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Originally posted by fierofool:
Originally posted by Mis-Tress-007:
My other half (007) plays a bit of golf and I'm just starting to get into it. If you know of any other PFF'ers who like to golf, let us know and we can maybe get a golf outing together where you guys can come down and play a few holes. quote

I have a close friend who lives at Reynolds and have turned down several invitations to play with him. Got a couple of sets of clubs in the garage. Haven't played since injuring a rotator cuff, other than chip shots on the lawn.

The club is planning a poker run later in the summer, so you can join us for the cookout. It's going to be a charity fund raising event, and probably will end up at Ronnie and Carolyn's. The route will certainly take us down in your area, too. If you want to seriously make the invitation to a get-together at your place, present it to the club. Most of us are Southern Baptists, and Lord knows, Baptists won't turn down a chance to eat.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock