Started on: 12-05-2005 10:14 PM
Replies: 46
Last post by: AusFiero on 12-11-2005 04:29 AM
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2005 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
Saw this while browsing High Performance Pontiacs website.

I didn't have time to check the dates but this magazine issue says July 2004.

They even mentioned it too!

The proposed Second-Gen drop-dead gorgeous Fiero was also in attendance, as was the Grand Am Autocross Show car (July '04 HPP) and a GTO.

Heres a link to the page http://highperformancepontiac.com/events/hppp_060200_pocis/index4.html .

I did a quick search but couldn't find this on PFF, but i'm sure most of you have seen this but just incase and for those who haven't yet seen those 2 pictures. So rock on, oh and it's sad how bad PFF has made me Fiero obsessed cause I spotted the 90 in that first picture immediately(didn't see the 2nd one yet).

-josh-

EDIT: Forgot to post the larger version of the 2nd picture.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Finale (edited 12-05-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2005 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the Fiero is in some good company. As it should be.

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe...........

Praise the Lowered!
Read Nealz Nuze!

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2005 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
From that same site, on page one, I found this photo. I see at least two fiero's

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2005 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
These are photo' s of the POCI show in July 2005 and they are in the Feb 2005 issue.

The same photo of the 1990 will also be in the March issue with a picture of the car when it was the Stealth in flat black. That phot is from the Fiero plant and is one few have seen.

The Stealth and red car are the same one just painted later.

Fiero Finale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2005 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
Good eye CoolBlue87GT

Also hyperv6 if you have those pictures PLEASE share! I didn't know the 90 prototype usta be black?? I would love to see how it would look black.

-josh-

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2005 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
This is the only one I can post through pip as I am having trouble resizing pictures on my photo program.

I call it flat black but it could be just unpainted body panels too. They called it Stealth due to the fact the F-117 stealth fighter bomber was just made public around the same time and also has a flat black look.

I will post the other if I can but if I can't it will be in the March 2006 High Performanc Pontiac magazine out in a few weeks. It is the only indoor picture of the flat black car I have seen.

I was told by several people from Pontiac the black and red cars are the same

This is a freeze frame of Back To The Future 2 movie. The car was parked in the street infrom the the Pontiac dealer of the future. They jump a jeep in the same shot. And not I did not find this one and still don't know how anyone else found it but it is there. The car in this shot looks gray but I believe it is still the same flat black color.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 12-06-2005).]

Fiero Finale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2005 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
SWEET! Thanks hyperv6, I really appreciate the pictures. I saw the 90 Prototype for the first time in person at Fierorama 05 and it was sweet. I thought you were joking that there was a black one, thanks again man.
FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2005 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Geeze the tail lights look soo familiar

coinball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coinballSend a Private Message to coinballDirect Link to This Post
ok now this may seem a bit crazy, but would it be possible to offer GM enough money to actually purchase the 90 prototype? i mean it only costs them money to store it each year, so what if someone offered them a nice chunk of change to take it off their hands?

------------------
Eric -> On the lookout for a new '87 GOLD GT, Hardtop, paint must be exceptional....
RIP
'87 GT Gold/Tan 4-speed
Soon to be a bottle fed T-top

FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
They wont do it... they would rather crush it, then sell it
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

They wont do it... they would rather crush it, then sell it

What if there were a museum it could reside in?

PFF
System Bot
Clint

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClintClick Here to visit Clint's HomePageSend a Private Message to ClintDirect Link to This Post

This is a freeze frame of Back To The Future 2 movie. The car was parked in the street infrom the the Pontiac dealer of the future. They jump a jeep in the same shot. And no I did not find this one and still don't know how anyone else found it but it is there. The car in this shot looks gray but I believe it is still the same flat black color.

I'm actually the one that caught that one originally. The week I got my DVD collection of BTTF. It took me a whole 'nother week to convince the people here that it was in fact the 89/90 prototype. After a few people started to come forward with still frames people started to believe

------------------
-Nickster

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
The 1990 was saved along with about 8 other Fiero's to be retained in GM's historical collection. The 1990 was a priority and will be retained.

The bottomline they is it is not going to be crushed.

The Historical collection is a private museum for now but when more funding is available it will be open to all.

And no they are not going to sell it.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

hyperv6

6001 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by Clint:

I'm actually the one that caught that one originally. The week I got my DVD collection of BTTF. It took me a whole 'nother week to convince the people here that it was in fact the 89/90 prototype. After a few people started to come forward with still frames people started to believe

I still don't know how you saw that one. You have got a good set of eyes! I am still amazed!

FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
I'm just shocked they didn't keep the new Gen coupes while they were at it.. they looked soo good!
coinball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coinballSend a Private Message to coinballDirect Link to This Post
i think that if u knew the right people you could probably offer them enough money to purchase...or maybe just borrow it to make molds of the body panels, then produce 90 fieros to sell on ebay (labeled as a kit car obviously)....see where my train of thought is going
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
One, you would never buy the 1990 because it has no VIN. Second, GM would never let it out of it control to make molds.

The coupes were cut because GM only has so much room to keep everything and they had to pick the best of what they had room for. They had to make room for more than just Fiero's. With 100+ years and so many car lines it is just too much

Keep in mind they have crushed Vettes too. You just can't keep everything!

And the lawyers won't let you sell it with out a VIN# because of liability. The cars sold at auction for the most part have VIN# as they were based on production cars. Some of the older ones werer rescued out the back door when that could still be done a long time ago. Some even were found at Warhoops juck yard in Michigan and restored.

So unless you can make some panels on your own your out of luck.

JaxDomino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JaxDominoSend a Private Message to JaxDominoDirect Link to This Post
Screw that, they should just bring the damn thing back to production. After all these years it looks like something from a future project the General is working on!

------------------
'87 Fiero GT Fastback Auto.

FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
well I remember there being 2 or 3 coupes in that parking lot .. If I would of been them I would of at least kept one.. remember the coupe was the first fiero ever made and it's newer generation in my opinion was as much an icon as that beutiful GT.

As for that scrap yard, where do you say it's located? GM just send cars there to get crushed?
Wasn't there a junk yard near the Fiero plant that use to have a ton of fiero's too? I doubt it's still there.. anyways I think it use to have a fiero on top of the building.

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
The '90 Proto doesn't have a VIN? I thought we determined it was built off an '86 SE or something. Did GM remove the VIN when it became a "prototype," even though the differences were primarily cosmetic?
Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

This is a freeze frame of Back To The Future 2 movie. The car was parked in the street infrom the the Pontiac dealer of the future. They jump a jeep in the same shot. And not I did not find this one and still don't know how anyone else found it but it is there. The car in this shot looks gray but I believe it is still the same flat black color.

i knew i love back to the future for some odd reason. i always thought it was because of the Delorean. guess i was wrong!

anyone have any pics of the prototype coupe? i dont think ive ever seen one.

mike

PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

The '90 Proto doesn't have a VIN? I thought we determined it was built off an '86 SE or something. Did GM remove the VIN when it became a "prototype," even though the differences were primarily cosmetic?

I believe it was based on one but GM usally removes the VIN number when the cars are modified that much. Either way it is a no sale no matter what.

A few do get out like the first black and gold TA. It was changed from a 74 to a 75 and had a lot of modified parts in it. it is in original conditions and owned by a private owner today. But once you get into the 80's the lawyers took over and liability rules. If one is sold it can't be driven on the streets like the PPG car Fred has. No Vin no plates.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 12-07-2005).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

hyperv6

6001 posts
Member since Mar 2003

This was the clay model coupe

MilleniumFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MilleniumFieroSend a Private Message to MilleniumFieroDirect Link to This Post

------------------
prowling the pacific...

87 GT - V8 - 5 Speed

coinball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coinballSend a Private Message to coinballDirect Link to This Post
no vin...no problem, just swap everything over to another chassis that already has a vin on it....
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

One, you would never buy the 1990 because it has no VIN. Second, GM would never let it out of it control to make molds.

Why couldn't GM issue the car a VIN? They do that, what, 500,000 times a year?

coinball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coinballSend a Private Message to coinballDirect Link to This Post
someone could make small fortune if they had molds of the 90 body panels....think about it, but some beat ass 84-87 frame and stick on the new panels, make sure everything else is good to go and voila 90 fiero...special requests could be 88 chassis, engine swaps, etc..probably could sell them for $10k a pop, probably would have to sell 5-6 to break even on the molds, i'm sure there is alot of costs that would need to be figured out to see just how profitable (or unprofitable) this would be. i just see a huge oprotunity for money here because i know i would pay alot to have a 90 fiero...
Doc-

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc-Send a Private Message to Doc-Direct Link to This Post
Maybe there is someone out there with the talent and software to use available photos of the 90 prototype to make a 3D computer model and then transfer to actual body panels. Of course people who do this for a living probably aren't driving Fieros - but they should be.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Why couldn't GM issue the car a VIN? They do that, what, 500,000 times a year?

GM could start up the old plant and build a 15 year old car too but don't hold your breath.

GM in the old days had a few cars slip out and get sold or saved but it is very rare or just does not happen today. Law suits and safety regs just don't let custom modified cars be sold unless they are for off the street use. GM to protect them selves tends to distroy the cars to remove nay chance of liability. If you don't like this answer go kick a lawyer in the jewels! It won't change anything but might make you feel better.

The 1990 was singled out and saved specificly to go into the heritage collection [Jim Mattison] and will remain with GM for the long forseeable future.

Just be glad they saved it and leave it at that.

I have a 1984 SE here in Ohio in a Museum that has 400 miles on it. The chisled the Vin off the dash and cracked the pad doing it. This car has a prototype rear sway bar and maany more bars in the trunk. It was one of the first 100 Fiero's ever built and at this point the 3rd oldest I have found yet. They will not sell the car and only will crush it if it leaves the collection. The mods have cursed this car to this fate. But as far as I know they plan to keep it.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 12-08-2005).]

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
I always wanted to say this and I'm saying it now...

That 1990 red fiero is one hell of a mean looking car !!!

------------------
fierogt28

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2005 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

GM could start up the old plant and build a 15 year old car too but don't hold your breath.

I didn't say that to be mean or anything. I just don't understand why a car manufacturer can't put a VIN on a car like this. But then, I don't know much about running a car company.

Oh, well. They don't plan to crush it, so it's not important.

BTW, you've been a great source of inside knowledge. Thanks.

PFF
System Bot
Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2005 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I didn't say that to be mean or anything. I just don't understand why a car manufacturer can't put a VIN on a car like this. But then, I don't know much about running a car company.

Oh, well. They don't plan to crush it, so it's not important.

BTW, you've been a great source of inside knowledge. Thanks.

I think it has something to do with crash testing and insurance... every car design that hits the streets is crash tested and goes through all kinds of different safety and reliability testing... lets face it that car IS different from anything we drive on the road now in terms of fieros... the engine is different from our 2.8's and so are the body panels and the head lights and tail lights... i think they'd have to have all the DOT approved first before it could be sold or even a VIN acquired... It be more expensive for them to get all of this done for ONE car then to just keep it or crush it if they decided to... hopefully they don't though... you have a good point its just there looking at if from a purely financial point of view.

------------------

Hornet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2005 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HornetSend a Private Message to HornetDirect Link to This Post
I got a question.

Why hasn't anybody made a re-body kit like the lambo ones we always see? Its a lot cooler than a lambo replica and It would look exactly like the 90, I would be a Fiero to, to boot!

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2005 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hornet:

I got a question.

Why hasn't anybody made a re-body kit like the lambo ones we always see? Its a lot cooler than a lambo replica and It would look exactly like the 90, I would be a Fiero to, to boot!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It would cost a lot to make and it would be hard to make up the development cost. Take note many and most body kit companies are not always around long for a reason.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 12-09-2005).]

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
im pretty sure if you gave GM a number w/ Billion in it you could get it easy...
865spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 865spdClick Here to visit 865spd's HomePageSend a Private Message to 865spdDirect Link to This Post
Is it just me or does the 90 Fiero look like it's a little bit longer? Seeing pictures of it you could see in had a bigger trunk soo i had to be longer right? So even if they make body kits of the 90 Fiero you would have to stretch a frame to make it actually identical.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioDirect Link to This Post
I know a lot of people love that prototype, but for me it looks too much like a Trans Am. The Fiero really LOOKED like a different car, like nothing else, and the 1990 seemed to lose that edge.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

I know a lot of people love that prototype, but for me it looks too much like a Trans Am. The Fiero really LOOKED like a different car, like nothing else, and the 1990 seemed to lose that edge.

That is why GM will never used this desigen because they already reused it on the 4th Gen F body. This is a fact From John Schinellia of GM who had more to do with the Fiero than anyone in my opinion. Yes even Hulki.

I wish more would learn about John as he was there at the start of the program and was there till the last Fiero was built. He called all the shots on styling and and most on desigen since he was the head of GM design and loved the car. He was there in 88 and fought for the car and was the one who release the pictures of the 1990 in 1992 when GM said no. I am not sure if he still has it but for many years he kept his 1988 GT because he loved the car not just built it.

I know Hulki was a major supporter and did his part at the start but he was gone in 1984. John carried the fight till the end and even reused the 1990 design and dash on the F body beause as he said it was just to good to throw away. Too few know of john because he was not from Pontiac, John was on the GM end and fought as hard as anyone for the car on the corperate end. John was very hands on on the Fiero but you hear litte of him since he was over the Pontiac people on the GM side.

John oversaw the development of many other great cars at GM like many years of ther F body, Corvette and more. He was the guy that got the Bird on the hood of the new Trans Am and Got Bill Mitchells blessing on it before he took over Mitchells job later. John was just in a story in HPP on the first black gold Trans Am that he was able to get built.

I still give Hulki his due but I wish more would give John his due as he was one who fought as hard for this car as anyone and seldom gets credit. Besides he was over Hulki and let him do much of what he got away with when GM tried to shut him down.

Well enough for the soap box. To reply on size, it was longer and wider. You should know at Pontiac wider is better!

And on the topic if you offered GM a Billion dollars to get them to sell you a car that might bring 100,000-150,000 at an auction if your lucky. That is as bright of a investment as GM stock right now.

This brings up a real question though. Of the money you could really spend ow much would you spend on the 1990 to buy it? We should start a online auction and find out.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 12-10-2005).]

Hornet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HornetSend a Private Message to HornetDirect Link to This Post

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It would cost a lot to make and it would be hard to make up the development cost. Take note many and most body kit companies are not always around long for a reason.

Who Cares! Its been done before with lambo kits, why not an REAL Fiero? I bet alot of people on here would be interested. I sure would be

Hornet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HornetSend a Private Message to HornetDirect Link to This Post

Hornet

391 posts
Member since Nov 2005

Originally posted by Notorio:

Well, I still really like the prototype, and remember, the new TA body style came out in 93. I think the Fiero was what started that sorta look. You know, the really raked wind sheild, and a longer more sleaker body.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock