Started on: 11-29-2005 07:24 AM
Replies: 58
Last post by: Fie Ro on 12-18-2005 04:04 PM
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
So after 3 years I finally got the fiero fresh painted and almost completed the body buildup.....2 houres ago I was on my way to work and some stupid b!tch wasnt paying attention when she entered the road and hit me straight at the rearside.....I have been really patient with her but man was I cursing when it just happened...

Now the bodydamage is one thing but the rearwheel is facing a bit inward now so i guess the a-arm is damaged. Also my steeringwheel is about 30 degrees out of center, I must have pulled it quite hard because appearantly I havent hit anything at the front...
This really sucks....its my only driver and it will take a lot of time and hassle to get it right again....I got it to drive to work but it doesnt feel safe so the ride back home will be its last for some time....

------------------

1987GT getting 'concept GTR' treatment...1-body buildup 2-interior buildup 3-engine buildup

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I hope you get enough out of it to fix it. Your wheel is off center because the back is out of alignment. Once you get that fixed and aligned it should be fine.
I don’t know how it works over there but if it was me I would talk to an attorney.
Good luck hope you get it fixed soon.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Noooo,... Damned people just can't pay attention. She's probably going to blame you, too. So sorry, I feel your pain. A lady once ran a red, tearing the back off my Formula (Firebird). Police said we were equally at fault because I did not wait for her to finish running the red. ???

Bob

captinhowdy83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for captinhowdy83Click Here to visit captinhowdy83's HomePageSend a Private Message to captinhowdy83Direct Link to This Post

I would cry such a nice car, hope you get it fixed...

------------------
Dustin Watson
1984 2m4 sport
om3ga83@yahoo.com
captinhowdy83@aim.com

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
No she admitted she was wrong, its a clear case (I got her to write it on the damage papers!). Even the cops showed up but it was clear to them too....Its just the hassle to get it going again, I dont care much about the money at this point
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
HOLY **** is what immediately came to mind. I didn't even get a chance to start reading cuz I saw the picture and my jaw dropped. I'm sooooooooooo sorry man, you've put all that work into your car and this happens . I can't justify this at all, but on a bright side at least she did REALLY smash up your car to pieces. Still is a hassle and after all the work you've done.....Man i'm so sorry. Hopefully you get the money to replace it all for all the insane amount of work you've done. Still sucks cause of your time. Good luck

-josh-

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
OMG! All the blood sweat and tears poured into the car. I'm sorry to hear about your car. I'm glad you are OK and no one else was hurt. I know this sucks bad, but at least you are able to tell everone what happened, and not seriously hurt.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
Had the same thing happen to me last Memorial day with about the same amount of damage. Her insurance company totalled the car. I got to keep the car and $1700 which basically means I get to buy parts and fix it myself. The book value on an '88 Fiero is only about $2400 and the buy back price was $700. I hope the insurance laws are different in the Netherlands.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
$hit !
I think it is the color. We are SOOOOOOO stealthy looking in our drak gray cars!

Well on another note......NEW DESIGN for the side scoops???!!!!!

Oh and as your insurance adjuster....I say that is around $3000 worth of damage, PLUS another $2000 for you keeping your cool during all this....

Good dam thing you learned how to glass and bondo... ( sorry I had to say...)

Speedy recovery! and work on the engine!!!!

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to hear about the accident... I almost want to cry seeing the pics like that!

Shortly after I first had my GT painted Green (this was back in '97), I was changing lanes in heavy traffic - and looked over my left shoulder to check the blindspot... only to turn back forward and find traffic totally stopped. I jumped on the brakes, but the car slid under the back of the Saturn in front of me. He only had some cosmetic scrapes to his rear bumper - but the impact had damaged my front fasica as well as cracking the hood towards the front edge. It was my fault, but not much came of it - as his car was pretty much OK. Sucks though... I can relate to the feeling of seeing your freshly painted car in less-than-great condition.

I hope the repair process goes smoothly & quickly for you!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

PFF
System Bot
FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
I DON'T believe it!!!!!! Sorry to hear/see this. Hope it comes back together soon! Damn!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Thoughts turn to reality.

I really think this is all my fault.

Just yesterday i was looking at your pictures and saying to myself it is a shame he did not make molds of the body work, before getting it painted, because if someone hits him, all that hard work he has put in will go down the drain, with nothing to show for it.

Really sorry for the mishap.

Just a few months ago, i had a lady talking on a cell phone pull out from a side street directly in front of me causing an accident.

Luckily i was driving the wife's car hehehe.

JetroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post
Isn't that the second time someone crashed into your car during build up? I just hope you have some extra paint. Get it fixed soon. It's currently my favorite Fiero project.

[This message has been edited by JetroGT (edited 11-29-2005).]

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
WOW that sucks man. Check where the tie rod bolts to the subframe. It is a week spot there and tends to bend. That could be why the wheel is bent. I have had 3 cars like that and one car with a bent strut. Hopefully the insurance does not dick you around like they are good for doing. Best of luck in getting her fixed.

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)
www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053203.html

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
UGH!!!!! I swear, it is SO frustrating when any car accident happens, but when you put so much time into your car, it makes it that much more so....

I hope that you get enough to repair the damage and get it back to the way it was...

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
When I read the thread title, the first thing that came to mind was "uh-oh, I hope his car didn't get wrecked."

Das ist uber Scheiss!!!

Zero 260

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zero 260Send a Private Message to Zero 260Direct Link to This Post
I'm glad it wasn't more damage. Your car is still a work of art, and with your craftsmanship I am confident it will be better than ever. Look foward to your next photoshoot Odds of getting hit again are slim now, so once you are back and running you can drive with a little more comfort and security

------------------

It's us against them. Which side are YOU on? Fiero Owners Unite!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JetroGT:
Isn't that the second time someone crashed into your car during build up? I just hope you have some extra paint. I Get it fixed soon. It's currently my favorite Fiero project.

Yeah thats right, that was about 2 years ago, something simmilar but then it happened to the front, again not my fault (just before I put the new nose on!)...ah found it:

The painter still has extra paint, its an existing paint# anyway......I have a day off tomorrow so I'll try to check the mechanical damage. I will have a look at the tips some of you pointed out... I should be able to rebuild most of it myself but this obviously wasnt planned. Thursday a damage expert could have a look if all goes well. I want to start repairs immediately after he gets a report....btw both vehicles are insured with the same company, hope that speeds things up
If I recall right I got about $2500 for the damage 2 years ago....guess this will be close. Luckily I got the bill of the painter last week so i have prove of that, I dont expect it will be close to being considered totalled but it still sucks!.
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
NOOOO!!
Man, that really sucks! I know the feeling, and it's replaying in my mind. Some stupid girl not paying attention ran a stop sign and I nailed her driver side door. Luckily (ha) my car wasn't painted yet (still isn't), but it still pissed me off and upset me.
I think girls getting lower insurance rates is BS. I mean the only two times I've been in a wreck was because a girl ran a stop sign. Both times happened exactly the same.
It's hard to tell from the pictures of the damage, but was the hit very hard? You may want to go in and see a doctor.

------------------

FORMERLY KNOWN AS: sqoach
(so, uh...yeah....I'm not a noob)
:p

Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
damn... you've come so far and now this happens... good luck gettin it all together... im sure it will look great again.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
You can say the impact ripped the wing off, then when you get a "replacement" wing, you can sell it!

Sorry it happened. I was just showing your photo thread to a coworker, too.

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Condolences man, that is a real bummer!!!!
I had my first 87 for 6 years and it was in 4 accidents. Everyone was the fault of the other guy. I know how you feel about just getting everything right again and the next idiot comes along. I hope you get it back up and running soon.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Well I am going to face it and try to figure out what has to be done.
Took some more pics this afternoon. In a way it is a pretty lucky hit hehe.. Only eh some cuts and scratches on the doorpanel/fastbackpanel/fuelcap/sidemarker/wheel and tire...that will buff out!:

Looks the sidescoop got the full hit though

I swear I originally mounted it at the other side

mayhem on a small scale

might be able to rebuild it with a lot of work but I guess its easier to get a meecham copy and try to do the same trick again...hmm

Heres another concern: heres the difference of position of my steeringwheel after the accident, with the frontwheels straight on:

The response and tracking of the front feels common. I guess its in the column. I have replaced a complete steeringrack and rebuild my column 3 times before (2 because of accidents, go figure)...For now I am betting I bent the "fingers" of both halfshafts or cracked the plastic coupler in the column....I'll try to get a look at the suspension and steering linkages tomorrow.
btw thanks for the support and letting me vent the grrrr!

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Holy Crap. That sucks big time.
UCFieroCharger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerDirect Link to This Post
that hit is amost exactly where some moron hit my 1973 charger, nicked the door, dogleg, and wheel. It my be a good idea to check the transmission and make sure nothing got screwed up with that, when my car got hit, the tranny was all messed up and i had to get it replaced. unfortunatly for me i couldnt prove that it was b/c of the accident. i would imagine with the transmission back there it would be even easier to get screwed up.

just thought id give my input

and sry man

ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroDirect Link to This Post
It probably doesn't mean much but Sorry to hear that man.
tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Heres another concern: heres the difference of position of my steeringwheel after the accident, with the frontwheels straight on:

The response and tracking of the front feels common. I guess its in the column. I have replaced a complete steeringrack and rebuild my column 3 times before (2 because of accidents, go figure)...For now I am betting I bent the "fingers" of both halfshafts or cracked the plastic coupler in the column....I'll try to get a look at the suspension and steering linkages tomorrow.
btw thanks for the support and letting me vent the grrrr!

Sorry to see this happen to your car but it will get better.
Your steering wheel is like that because the rear wheel is not aligned properly. Once you get the rear wheels back in alignment the steering wheel will bw straight again. Don't tear the steering apart until everthing else is completely done first.

slickrick2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Direct Link to This Post
Man, sooo sorry to hear this happened to you. And so soon after getting it painted.

The more work you put into it, the more you don't want to expose it to the stupidity of the world.

Good luck on the fix. Hope it isn't too bad and is only cosmetic

Miss-Tress007
From: New Orleans, LA, USA--now in Greensboro, GA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post
So sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you'll be able to rebuild it. I know how it feels to lose a car that you've put alot of work into.....luckily you can salvage it to start again. Can't wait to see the pics of the "new" baby!

--Tress

synapse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for synapseSend a Private Message to synapseDirect Link to This Post
Double post, is that possible?

[This message has been edited by synapse (edited 11-29-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
synapse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for synapseSend a Private Message to synapseDirect Link to This Post

synapse

481 posts
Member since Oct 2004
Crap, that is one of my favorite Fieros, Much time and effort you put in that car hurts me to look at the pics, Keep us updated on the fixing of her.
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
When I saw the thread title and the poster I already knew...
Sorry to hear it man.. but with your creativity I'm sure something good will come out of getting back to bodywork. It'll come back better than it was before!
rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoDirect Link to This Post
ahhh, my biggest fear after doing any work is getting it smashed up the next day...

at least itl keep ya busy. hope it all works out.

-rm

Dizzixx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxDirect Link to This Post
wow that sucks. People really suck sometimes mostly out of neglagence I cant belive such a beautifull car how could she not notice, the blatant stupidity of some people. with that said I hope the recovery gos well you should post pics as you nurse it back to health
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

When I saw the thread title and the poster I already knew...
Sorry to hear it man.. but with your creativity I'm sure something good will come out of getting back to bodywork. It'll come back better than it was before!

Same here. I saw the title and thought "Oh no, I hope someone didn't hit his car." That sucks man, but at least its just body damage. That means more since its all your custom work, but at least theres no mechanical damage.

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
eh not so bad....maybe just a little rubbing compound and it will be good as new......j/k

Good thing the screen was there! looks like it held everything together!!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tstroud:
Sorry to see this happen to your car but it will get better.
Your steering wheel is like that because the rear wheel is not aligned properly. Once you get the rear wheels back in alignment the steering wheel will bw straight again. Don't tear the steering apart until everthing else is completely done first.

You are probably right! (I hope so). I also tried to snap a few pics of the rear suspension but theres no visual damage to see so far... but it definately needs an alignment because it handles pretty bad now.

Tomorrow some damage inspector will take a look and I might get a quote.
I guess I will be looking for one of these to build a new scoop from:

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
My condolences... I hope a fiero is considered more valuable in Europe due to rareness than here so they don't pull the "Here's $500... thanks for the remains."

Since it obviously can't be repaired... just send the interior to me and I'll take care of it :-)

Glad your OK,

Scott

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
Hey fie ro check you spindle arm to see if it's bent . I wrecked my firebird and bent the spindle arms. I would have thought the tie rod would bend first but i guess not. Just a heads up since it seems your tie rod looks straight.

------------------
HARDCORE SBC CRONIE AND PROUD OF IT ! GOT TQ ?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock