Started on: 09-12-2004 03:56 AM
Replies: 210
Last post by: GoldFiero86SE on 04-03-2006 04:42 PM
justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
i have really bad news here. i had an accident today. here is the story

i went down to my brothers place tonight wich is down in burnsville for anyone in the twin cities area. well, i was down there with a friend, and we we just hanging out till about 11:30. we decided to head home, wich is about 40 minutes away in maple grove (ont he other side of town.) well, we left his place near Shooters, and got onto West River Hills Road headed north. i was doing about 30 entering the intersection, and there was a car waiting to turn left onto hwy 13. the intersection is a big intersection as it is a 4 lane road crossing a divided highway. well, as i enter the intersection, i suddenly see blue headlights come out from around the car waiting in the turn lane. they come whippin around it. by now, im alarmed. it was green lights going in both directions, with the left turn lane having to yeild. the blue headlights on the car come around the car waiting and proceeds to floor it and turn left, right in front of me. i slam on the brakes and swerve away from the guy, but he continues to come flying at me. i see the impact coming. he hit the front left corner of my car with the front right of his car. it pushes me more that way, and the back end of the cars slam together. the back end of my car hit his door and pushed it in big time. the guy was driving a 97 ford taurus SHO. both of his air bags went off.

the windshild of my car is cracked a tiny bit, but the front is all messed up, the wheel is pushed back about 3 inches, the doors dont shut properly, both fenders, the nose, the headlights, the hood, the rear clip has some damage, my near perfect tailights, the drivers is damaged. i think both cars will be totaled, and i know i wont get much for mine, since it is an 87 fiero gt. the car was in very very good condition as anyone from MN that has seen it would say.

im reallty shook up right now, probably wont sleep tonight. the first thing i did was check if my friend was alright, checked me over, got out of the car, and called the 911. i wasnt about to dink around with it without the cops there. i let them take care of insureance and stuff then. both of us had insureance, wich is good, and no one was too hurt. im just really upset. it could have been any other car, liek my oldsmobile, and i wouldnt care this much, but it was my fiero.

i'll be posting pics soon, i need to resize them. since i was so close ot my brothers still, him and his wife came out and brought their digital camera with, so i took like 20 pics.

PO'd right now
Joel
87 GT 5-speed.....kinda

sorry if there are any errors, ims till shook up

[This message has been edited by justa6 (edited 09-12-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
heres the first pic, i'llg et more sooner or later of more damage, bu tit is hard to do stuff, i have my foot elevated since i was really pissed, and kicked a garbage can, and possibly broke my toe

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

justa6

1968 posts
Member since Jul 2004
here is what it looekd liek before at the car craft show earlier this summer

Street&Strip Performance

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
I hope that a$$ is getting charged with everything in the book for pulling that crap.
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
damn
justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

justa6

1968 posts
Member since Jul 2004

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

justa6

1968 posts
Member since Jul 2004

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

justa6

1968 posts
Member since Jul 2004
im jsut a lil sore right now, but thats understandable. i bought the car when i was 17, it was my first car. i put a centerforce clutch in it, it has custom exhaust, a chip, k&n, lowered, the basic stuff. ive had the car for 7 years, as it sat in storage when i was in college. i had plans for it too, as it was/is a fairly solid car. i'll be getting more pics when i get a chance to go down Savage to the yard where it is.

depressed and angery,
Joel

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

justa6

1968 posts
Member since Jul 2004
sorry if some of the pics are sideways, i didnt realize it when iw as resizeing
KingOfKings

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KingOfKingsClick Here to visit KingOfKings's HomePageSend a Private Message to KingOfKingsDirect Link to This Post
Really sorry to hear this, the pics are sad and depressing. My buddy just had something similiar happen to his car, the chick that hit him didn't even speak english. Good luck with your car though, hopefully you can get it all sorted out. And even if you can't repair it, you get the chance & motivation to start something brand new

------------------
*~ Out In The West Coast Showin' Off My Bad Habits ~*

PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2004 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Dude, I feel really bad for you. I'm glad that you're ok (sorta) and can understand that you are pretty well shaken up. Anyone would be.

I would insist that they bring the car back to the way it was, don't let them get away with totalling it out. Hopefully you have lots of pictures showing what sweet condition it was in. I would file the claim with your insurance. My wife and I were both in accidents that were not our fault this year, she went through the other parties insurance while I went through ours (Progressive). The difference was like night and day. It's always a hassle, but since you are their customer your insurance should treat you better.

------------------

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
i do have lots and lots of pics. (some friends think im obsessed, but the car photographs so well!) the biggerst problem with insurance, is i only have liability

Joel

[This message has been edited by justa6 (edited 09-12-2004).]

1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Well you have 2 options:

Part the car out

Have the car rebuilt

The latter probably will cost a few grand, but its completely possible if you want it done........

Trekker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrekkerClick Here to visit Trekker's HomePageSend a Private Message to TrekkerDirect Link to This Post
FIRST : My compliments on your self control for not putting a case of whoop a$$ on the guy who hit you! Did he ever give you a reason for driving the way he did and hitting you?
I hope you can work things out with HIS insurance company and get your car back to the way it was. I still have full coverage on mine but really wonder what would happen if anything would happen to it.
Good luck and I'll be watching this thread to see how it comes out.
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post
I feel for ya...one can only hope that the Taurus was not his Daddys car (but judging by the picture I don't think that is the case). Young drivers learn a much more valuable lesson when they own the vehicle they drive. If that happened to me I think I would get thrown in the slammer cause I know I would go ballistic.

------------------
Tim
Red 88 Formula Auto 2.8 100K+ Miles

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence!

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about your car, that's really unfortunate news to hear. Hopefully the insurance won't write it off, and it can be fixedback to origional condition.

Question: did you have an apprasial for the car? for insurance purposes? Cause here in Nova Scotia if we have our cars apprased by a certified car dealer, the appraised amount is what we get for our cars if they are ever in an accident. Just wondering I know that insurance in the US in a little different than ours. If they write it off they should still give you the book value for the car.

------------------

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
thanks all for your support. the kid drvign the othere car, i beleive was his own car. now, if mom and dad bough tit, im not sure. but the way the kid was talking at the accident, it sounded like it was his car. oh believe me, i wanted to open that can or whoop a$$, trust me! but i was smarter than that and called th cops (thank god).

yeah, i know my options, and im not sure eyt what i want to do. even though it would be expensive, i would kinda like to rebuild the car, being it was my first car ever. my plans since i got the car were to keep it, and never sell it. it might take a few years to rebuild, but that is a very real option.

Originally posted by blackie2m6:
Question: did you have an apprasial for the car? for insurance purposes? Cause here in Nova Scotia if we have our cars apprased by a certified car dealer, the appraised amount is what we get for our cars if they are ever in an accident. Just wondering I know that insurance in the US in a little different than ours. If they write it off they should still give you the book value for the car.

no, i never had it appraised. the amount of damage to the car alsoim srue it is more damage then what the car is worth (unfortunatly) i wish i had it appraised. my brother has a 72 lemans that was his first car (now restored too), and i knwo that is appraised for the value of the car, and if it were to get wrecked, e would get alot more for it. but being an 87 fiero, it is worth alot more to individual buyers than what the blue book value is.

Joel

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
man sorry to hear I only have liability too.. I wish winter would arrive then next year I can afford full insurance. It certainly did look nice, hopefully you get something figured out

------------------
http://formula.cryptnix.com

Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
I had a similar problem with a girl that hit me....since then I've driven like an overprotective granny though intersections.

I hope you can still keep it and get it restored. It looks like a lot of work, but there's also a ton of Fiero parts cars so there's no lack of parts....just a lack of time and funds I guess.

I hope you feel better, I got mad whiplash when I got hit...I just need to replace the hood and nose on my red 87' gt...I did some mad damage to the VW jetta I was invovled with though, lol. ::shakes fist::

Anyway, best of luck and hope you feel better

The phrase of the day: "It's fixable..." hehe

Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
Sorry to hear what happened but glad that your ok.
Highway 13 sucks. Back in march I got hit going across it near Menards. She didn't even speak english and ran a red light and totaled out my other car, which I hated anyways.
I almost got hit the other day on that road again. Now I'm really careful going across 13. Its a dangerous road.
Hopefully his insurance will cover everything and you won't have to suffer for it too much. Good luck with everything I hope it turns out ok.
PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2004 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Is your state a "no fault" state? It seems to me that it was obviously 100% the other drivers fault, in which case his insurance is liable for the damages. When I said that you should file through your insurance, that doesn't mean that they take the loss, so the level of coverage shouldn't matter. If the other driver was insured, your insurance will fix your car and then go after the other drivers insurance for the money. Don't let them bully you in to scrapping the car because you are a young guy. Stand up for yours. If that means getting a lawyer, let them know that you're not adverse to doing that.
Convertable Indy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Convertable IndySend a Private Message to Convertable IndyDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Sorry to hear about this. On one hand just remember, better the car get the worst of it then you. If he is at fault and his insurance totals your GT then you could buy back your GT and fix it! Or possibly get another one and swap out parts.

I would try to keep your GT, get a little cash from his insurance and try to fix it (provided the frame is not bent). Theres enough of us around here Im sure we could come together and get the parts you would need to fix it.

Keep us informed, cheer up, it could of been alot worse!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Convertable Indy (edited 09-12-2004).]

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Joel, you have the same mindset I do about my car-- own it forever, never sell it. So, honestly, even if the car has a wrecked title, will you care? I'd recommend to build it back up, there's nothing like your first car (and an 87GT!!). I'm glad you're ok and I know what its like to look back at your baby with damage.

88gtNewb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88gtNewbClick Here to visit 88gtNewb's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88gtNewbDirect Link to This Post
Poor fiero
Glad you didn't go at the guy like he deserves it, I got mad just reading about it.
Best of luck trying to get it fixed.

------------------

roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear man, you should try and get your fiero back, so that you can at least stay in the fierogame and get the motivation to get another one. I bet that @sswipe driver doesnt even know how much obsession of a car that is to you, hope you get things streightened out.
-Roy

------------------
Real Sports cars only have 2 seats....

Matching numbers GT
#17889 of 26,402 made in 1988, 1of 241 yellow GT's

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
im going into my insurance agent tommorrow (monday) to talk to him. with me i will be bringing pics of the car before and after, along with other fiero ads for sale that were in abotu the same condition of mine and how much they are going for. i have a pretty good agent, my parents have been with the same guy for 27 years, and he is pretty understanding, but i want this to get taken car of asap.

there is a good chance that i may be asking if anyone has a car trailer and truck in the metro area and would be willing to give me a hand with it. a flatbed tow from savage to maple grove would cost an arm and a leg.

i'll keep you all posted with what is goign on with the car.
thanks for the support

Joel

[This message has been edited by justa6 (edited 09-13-2004).]

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

justa6

1968 posts
Member since Jul 2004
oh yeah, if you guys think of anything else i shoudl be bringing with, questions i should be asking ect, let me know! thanks again

Joel

matchmade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for matchmadeSend a Private Message to matchmadeDirect Link to This Post
I hope the car is rebuildable. Hate to see any fiero heading for that big salvage yard in the sky. Glad no one was seriously hurt.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Awful pics, but glad you are ok.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Wow - that's right around the corner from my office!

Glad to see that you're OK - sorry to see/hear about the car (Eric told me about it last night on the phone on my way back from Fierorama). I too am impressed that you didn't get out of the car and pound the punk! Did the other car that was present (that he drove around) stick around as a witness? They could be very helpful to your cause.

Hopefully everything will work out OK for you in the long run!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

PFF
System Bot
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Hey Joel..man that sucks .! His insurance should pay you for the repairs on the car. if you have any problems let me know i may be able to help in parts and other things.. Give Shawn a call he has a car trailer..if you don't have his number call me 612-396-6209 and i'll give it to ya.

Take care glad your ok..!!!

------------------

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Man that sucks, sorry to see that... good luck with the insurance stuff.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
just remember if the insurance totals it, make sure you buy it back, if its not fixable, atleast it will have a TON of parts you can use.

glad that your alright also.

another note, fierowarehouse sells new PON taillight lenses for $150, the TIAC is discontinued, so that cannot be purchased anymore.

matthew

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
That is terrible! I am sorry that some idiot ruined your perfectly good Fiero. Some people really need to pay attention to what they are doing!

Best of luck with the insurance. My decision to rebuild or not would come down to how badly tweeked your frame is. With a crack in the windshield and the doors no longer lining up, it could be twisted fairly good down the middle. If it is bent down the middle like that, I would probably opt to find a replacement Fiero instead of rebuilding it, and you won't find many people more protective than I am about my cars either. Hopefully its not that bad and the damage is cosmetic. Best of luck!!

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerDirect Link to This Post
One less Fiero on the road.... Man, I'm really sorry to hear it.

I hope it goes well with the insurance companies. I'd definitely vote for rebuilding it (if you can)!

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
well, ive got things rolling at least with insurance. i went in an taked to my agent today and since i have liability only, american family wont be doign anything about it, with the claim that is. my agent is pretty cool, and he got me started with filing with the other company and wher eto start. i just spent half an hour on the phone with some lady in indiana with the moron's (other guy) insurance agency. they were pretty nice also, but ti will all be getitng faxed tot he minneapolis office. they gave me a contact numebr there, so if i dont hear anything from them by tommorrow morning, i'll be calling and making sure. the lady also said that they will need a copy of the police report, and when i called to get that, they said it will take 21 days. so when i talk to insurance again tommorrow, i'll ask them about it. at least i got the ball going. i hope to be hearing from them soon.

i went down and looked at the car today and man, it sucks. the whole front end is tweaked pretty hard, and the rear is tweaked as well. there is a small crack in the top on the rear clip fromt he impact, and that is on the passenger side, the car was hit on the driver side! when i shut the decklid, you can hear it hit the fins back there, and it use to shut perfect. the left front tire is holding air, but there is a 1.5 inch cut in the side wall. the front tires have less than 1000 miles on them, probably about 600. there is still tire dressing on them from when i washed it earlier that night. at least the car is not leaking anything (that i have seen yet) and when the accedent happened, the motor was still running. i took a couple of pics, but i cannot post them from this comptuer, so i will be postign them later.

when talking to my insurance, i was finding out how they determin the value of the car. the insureance companies are soppose to check the value of the car not just with NADA and KBB, but are soppose to check what dealers would ask for them, and how much they are selling for, not jus tblue book value. as you all know, these cars in good condition will sell for more than the suggested blue book value, especially with mods dont to them. and ive found plenty of GT's in similar condition to mine goign for over 4000. in fact, a dealership sold one with abotu 10,000 miles less than mine recently (int he past 2 weeks) for 5,000 in the smae conditon as mine. so i do have a little leverage with the company.

i'll keep you posted more, and i'll get those 2 other pics up later tongiht.

thanks again for the support, it sucks big time not having my fiero.

Joel

1985FieroGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
If you want, I have a near perfect 84 frame. You can have it if you can come and get it.... I just pulled it out of my garage and pulled it sitting on the floor pan about 25 feet, so it crushed the coolant tubes, but after pulling all the parts off your GT, and putting them on this frame, it'll be good as new. The frame has 157k miles on it and has a good title. Just needs the new coolant tubes underneath and gas tank straps, so strip your GT down and put the parts on the 84 frame, there's no difference, other than a few areas between the frames. Sanford, MI.
wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylDirect Link to This Post
Just remember you don't have to take the deal his insurance company gives you. If they want to give you, say $1,500 and you think your car is worth $4,000, you can just take him to small calims court for the total $4,000. Just have newspaper clippings, car show photos of your car etc. It may not work, but may be worth a try.

------------------
...Perfection....

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
here is a hsot of it i took this morning at the yard. the pics dont show how tweeked the front end actually is

here is a pic of the stress crack in the fastback clip on the passenger side. the impact was on the drivers side

the crack is hard to see, and it is pretty minor. the fastback clip itself is scuffed on the drivers side behind the wheel, and has this small crack. it can probably be fixed, i dont see why it couldnt.

Joel

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock