Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  History of FieroMaster88's Car! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
History of FieroMaster88's Car! by FieroMaster88
Started on: 07-06-2004 11:53 PM
Replies: 87
Last post by: fieromadman on 02-09-2006 02:21 AM
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Hmmm, I remembered this thread tonight and figured I would find it and bump it up so it doesnt go into the archives. I never saw that it was bumped up a week ago! I've been busy with things lately and havent had much time to be online. I have a lot of stuff I'm doing to the car this winter (as usual) including an Allante intake. I still need to get some installed pictures. I was too happy when I got it done and decided to drive it a lot and never got around to taking some pictures. Maybe I'll do that this weekend before I take the top of the engine apart.
IP: Logged
Krhyme

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KrhymeClick Here to visit Krhyme's HomePageSend a Private Message to KrhymeDirect Link to This Post
you went AWOL on me... and my car still has terrible exhaust noise :/

I got the parts... what happened man?

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Krhyme:

you went AWOL on me... and my car still has terrible exhaust noise :/

I got the parts... what happened man?

What happend is I've been pretty busy, havent even been online much. Now that winter is here my car is stored in my garage, and it's currently in pieces. I really dont have anywhere we could do the ehxaust work any more.

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2004 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Well, I still dont have any installed pictures. Hopefully I get a digital camera for Xmas. If not, I'll buy my own. I did however get my new e-brake cables all installed and adjusted this weekend and started installing my earls ss brake lines. I was going to finish installing the brake lines today, but it's 3* outside and was just too cold in the garage. Hopefully I'll get the intake off so I can put the Allante intake on it soon. I'm also planning on making a y-pipe and useing a full exhaust in the stock location. First I need to get a heater for the garage.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2004 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Got my SS brake line installed finally. It's been too cold to do anything lately. Hopefully it warms up sometime soon so I can get the Allante intake on the motor and get the car ready for the spring. I really dont want to wait until spring to get everything done.

------------------

Bottle Fed 4.9 V8 5 Speed

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Figured I would update again sine it's 11* out and there is a foot or more of snow between me and my garage. I have the top part of the 4.9 apart. The heads are sitting on the workbench in the garage waiting for me to port them. This will be my first attempt at porting heads, but I work with a guy who has done them before. I plan on doing them at work anyway, so that works out great.

I've been spending time working on the upper part of the allante intake. I'm polishing it up all shiney. It's a lot of work, and also my first try at polishing metal. It's turning out OK. It should look good when I'm finished. I also plan on polishing my alternator. I painted my alternator bracket, lower intake and oil filter adaptor gloss black. I have a MSD Distributor cap, 8.8mm MSD wires in red and a red hose sleeveing kit, so with the shiney polished parts on there it should look really good all together.

I'm also going to be making some headders. I couldnt beileve how small the ports on the heads and the stock exhaust manafolds were! No wonder this engine doesnt breath! And again, this will be my frist attempt at something like this. I know someone who is awesome at tig welding, so once I get everthing tack welded together he will tig it together for me. I also have a place I can get some pipe mandrel bent. I just need to figure out how much room I have to work with and a pipe diamater to use.

I'm also considering a turbocharger for my project, but will hold off on that util next winter. I'm going to see how much the head porting, Allante intake and exhaust manafolds make. I also have a ZEX nitrous kit I can use this year. I cant wait until summer comes and I can drive my car again!

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2005 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to ride in it again after you get done with that stuff. I bet money that a nice set of headers alone will open that bizatch up much less ported heads too!
One thing though; they're 8.5 wires, not 8.8 ya wanker. Always lying about your size, do the girls up there really fall for that? j/k

------------------
Activities Director N.I.F.E.

www.fierofocus.com

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2005 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Gunsul:

I can't wait to ride in it again after you get done with that stuff. I bet money that a nice set of headers alone will open that bizatch up much less ported heads too!
One thing though; they're 8.5 wires, not 8.8 ya wanker. Always lying about your size, do the girls up there really fall for that? j/k

Nope. The girls here know how to read a tape measure dammit!

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Got a Digital camera finally, so I figured I would post some pictures of the upper Allante intake i've been polishing.

FieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT87Send a Private Message to FieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Looking sweet, keep up the good work.
linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
Loooks Great can't wait to see it on the car
PFF
System Bot
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Sweet. Are you ever gonna show us you PFI install? It sure looked nice on the engine stand.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

Sweet. Are you ever gonna show us you PFI install? It sure looked nice on the engine stand.

Once it's all back together. Right now the heads are at work because I'm porting them.

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
Nice work James. That thing is gonna look schweet when you're done!
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Some pictures of my wheels/carbon fiber interior pieces and the engine installed.

And a picture of the engine installed.

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Ah yes, working on saturday sucks. I figured I would update my thread. I finished my heads this week and got them all assembled. I'm going to buy my gasket kit tonight after work and start assembling the engine next week. I'm going to build my custom headders this week also. I cant wait to get this thing back together and see how much of an improvement these mods will make.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
I have some pictures of my heads when I was in the middle of porting them. These show stock (on top) and after porting (on bottom). This was before I went through and smoothed/evened everything out.

Exhaust ports:

Intake ports:

Everything waiting to go back together:

30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2005 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
update?
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2005 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Lookin good!

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2005 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

update?

Yep, It's been really cold this march so I havent worked on it much. The next couple of weeks are supposed to be warmer so hopefully I can get it back together and running. I have a few more parts to order and install on my suspension, but not much. I have plenty of time to get it together. The first show I want to make it to this year is the Dells in June.

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
UPDATE!!! (finally)

It's finally warming up here in Michigan. After I got out of work today at 4pm I worked on the engine some. Got the heads on and torqued. Installed the lower intake manafold. Installed the pushords and rocker arm assembly's. Got the valve covers on and the distributor set in. Not much left to do now. Just need to install the plugs, wires, alternator, upper intake manafold, exhaust, throttle body and run some lines/wires. Hope to get that stuff done tomorrow. If not tomorrow then early this week. I want to drive this thing by next weekend. :-D I'll have some pictures once I'm closer to being finished.

PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2005 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
NICE CAR

------------------

88gt build up! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047402.html
http://www.iamanascarfan.com/Forums/

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2005 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Hey you have the carbon fiber parts too. LOL well I better take mine out then cuzz i might be copying you on those too James.
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:

Hey you have the carbon fiber parts too. LOL well I better take mine out then cuzz i might be copying you on those too James.

Can I have them then?

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Im kidding. Im not taking them out even if he does say Im copying him. He says I copy him anyway scince the caddy 4.9 was one engine I was thinking of.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:

Im kidding. Im not taking them out even if he does say Im copying him. He says I copy him anyway scince the caddy 4.9 was one engine I was thinking of.

Ha, not even close.

Anyway, getting closer: (crappy pix, poor lighting and dead battery's in camera)

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2005 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Quick question, my battery is junk in my car. I was wondering what the other 4.9 guys are doing for battery's? I had a thin die hard which Sears doesnt carry anymore. I cant find anything that slim again either. I really dont want to relocate the battery up front either.

Thanks!

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2005 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
YO James... looks good... Whats goin on now? As for a battery, why not an Optima? Also... if Scott is copying you... does that mean im copying STAN??? :EEK:

How is the house comming? Anything new on that? When are you comming to play again.... I too... have a garage now... heated WOo HOo!

UpDaTe Us!

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better" ~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
US Armored Cavalry - Fox 2/81 - Death By 120 - 1 Shot 1 Kill

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
IT LIVES!!!!!
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

FieroMaster88

7680 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Here's a picture of how the engine looks with the Allante intake on it. I still have a lot of sensors to hook up and have to install the exhaust manafolds/exhaust. Should be done tomorrow or sunday.

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait for it to be done. SO I know you can't wait either
PFF
System Bot
stalen88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stalen88GTSend a Private Message to stalen88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Here's a picture of how the engine looks with the Allante intake on it. I still have a lot of sensors to hook up and have to install the exhaust manafolds/exhaust. Should be done tomorrow or sunday.

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

James,
I am coming out to michigan this june to visit in-laws. My wife is from there and I would like to invite myself over to your house to see your car amd the work you did on it. I actually used to go skiing up there in portage while I was in college. Great thread and build-up BTW.
Galen

------------------
Make it FAST or don't make it :)

LITTLE RED BOMB Someday it will be mine
www.velocityaircraft.com

GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2005 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post
So my question to you is, Is it possible to get oil in it with the Allante intake over the rear valve cover? I thought about putting my oil cap cover on the front head for ease of access.

------------------
-Rick Stewart
85GT 4.9V8/Isuzu 5-spd in progress...

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2005 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Looks Great!

------------------
-Chris -
Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 4.9 V8 5spd

Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2005 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT:

So my question to you is, Is it possible to get oil in it with the Allante intake over the rear valve cover? I thought about putting my oil cap cover on the front head for ease of access.

I thought about swapping my valve covers to make it easier, but I didnt. Now my oil fill us under the intake, which is not possible to get to without removing the upper intake. I plan on getting another valve cover with the oil fill hole and installing it on the front side of the engine. That would be much easier than pulling the intake at every oil change.

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Just realised I havent updated this in a long time. I've rebuilt the 4.9 because it developed a rod knock this spring. I replaced the crank, main and rod bearings, oil pump, timing chain and camshaft. I installed a camshaft from Delta cams. Now the engine has ported heads, ported Allante intake and a larger cam. I swapped my valve covers back to stock so I can fill my oil agian. I redesigned my belt tensioner bracket so it's stronger and installed a dogbone mount. I also heatwraped my exhaust. I have the nitrous all hooked up too, but have yet to use it. I also installed a Spec stage 3 clutch. I'm still making some custom headders for the engine and am planning on a turbocharger this winter. I also want some new rims. I'm going to spend the rest of the year taking it to shows and enjoying it. 20+ MPG is pretty good too. Here are some pictures from the Michigan show this year:

And the new sig thanks to Mike (Golden86).

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 08-16-2005).]

fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
haha you can kinda see my name written on your bumper. looking good james! That things gonna be sick when its turboed.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2005 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Some pictures from today. I redid the exhaust and the rear coil overs at work this week. Now my car sounds mean and sits a lot lower again!

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2005 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Wow now its Slow AND LOW.... hehe...

Looks great man, but how the hell are you gonna get it into the feild to do any plowing

Let alone come down and visit

All ball bustin aside, that thing looks GREAT like that man, watch out for ANY speed bumps, pot holes, small dogs, children, or snails that may get hung up in the undercarrige driving that low!!

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better" ~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
US Armored Cavalry - Fox 2/81 - Death By 120 - 1 Shot 1 Kill

crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2005 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Fieromaster:

Wow now its Slow AND LOW.... hehe...

Looks great man, but how the hell are you gonna get it into the feild to do any plowing

Let alone come down and visit

All ball bustin aside, that thing looks GREAT like that man, watch out for ANY speed bumps, pot holes, small dogs, children, or snails that may get hung up in the undercarrige driving that low!!

craig his cars to slow to come visit it would take a month for that slow thing to get down here lol

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock