Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  In case on one has figured it out yet, here's what I'm up to. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
In case on one has figured it out yet, here's what I'm up to. by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 06-15-2005 12:26 AM
Replies: 45
Last post by: AndyLPhoto on 07-07-2005 10:47 AM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
In case no one has figured it out yet, this is what I've been up to. I can't keep the secret any more.

Last week, I made a deal with another PPF member, cone shark, to buy his Formula that is posed in the mall
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/026725.html

I'll be flying from Florida to Syracuse NY on Sunday , then going over to pick it up in Watertown NY

Fierofreak00 or PontiacJ8 who live near the area said they might be able to help get me over to cone sharks house.

Here's his beautiful 88 Formula.

Meet my RedHot88

After picking up the car, I'll be driving it to Lorton VA, 7 1/2 hours, where I've bought tickets for the AMTRAK Autotrain, which leaves at 4 PM Monday.

I'll be taking lots of photo's along the way of the adventure. I can't wait.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 06-15-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
delta

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deltaSend a Private Message to deltaDirect Link to This Post
thats a nice car hope ya have a good trip and post some pics after ya get back
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Nice car, and I too hope you have fun on the way home!!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

After picking up the car, I'll be driving it to Lorton VA, 7 1/2 hours, where I've bought tickets for the AMTRAK Autotrain, which leaves at 4 PM Monday.

I'll be taking lots of photo's along the way of the adventure. I can't wait.

Like they have all said, "Nice Car"!!!!!

Autotrain, I've always wanted to try that sometime. Make sure you post pics etc. of that part of the trip too.

Archie

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Man, it took 18 years but you finally have the Fiero virus, Dave.

Dwayne

------------------

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by delta:

Thats a nice car hope ya have a good trip and post some pics after ya get back

Thanks cone_shark did a nice job on keeping it in great shape.

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

Hi all,

Nice car, and I too hope you have fun on the way home!!

Thanks, the trip should be fun. I'm going to be grinning ear to ear.

Originally posted by Archie:

Like they have all said, "Nice Car"!!!!!

Autotrain, I've always wanted to try that sometime. Make sure you post pics etc. of that part of the trip too.

Archie

Hi Archie. Yeah my sister came up with the idea of The autotrain. I'm excided about the trip. I contacted various transport companies, the prices ranged from 1500 to 1100 for door to door service. Terminal to terminal wasn't that much cheaper.

I thought about driving up the Suburban & trailer to pick it up, but the fuel estimate of $500 , the 2800 round trip miles , the hotel rooms, and the ware & tear on the truck & me would end up costing as much.

The drive to the 20th took a few days to recover from. A long road trip like this would wipe me out.

I also thought about driving the Formua the whole way, but not knowing the whole condition and history of the car worries me a little. From what cone_shark has told me, it's in very good shape.

I found a flight up for $114 bucks, and the Autotrain is $306 dollars, so $420 bucks ain't bad. And I get to drive a wicked 88 Formula !

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 06-16-2005).]

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
It isn't blue. Are you feeling OK?

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

Man, it took 18 years but you finally have the Fiero virus, Dave.

Dwayne

Ha, yeah, looks like I've got it bad !! I've been looking for a Formula for a few years now. The last one I checked out was an automatic. Glad I waited for this gem to come up.

Originally posted by tesmith66:

It isn't blue. Are you feeling OK?

Ha ha. Yep, feeling great, Still keeping my Blue GT.

If anyone is looking for a 87 Blue coupe, send them here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/026883.html The price is always negotiable. So offer !!

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 06-15-2005).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Once you have an 88, you'll never go back.
I'm glad you got it. I was starting to seriously consider buying it myself, and I don't need a 2nd 88 Formula.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Once you have an 88, you'll never go back.

Congratulations!

Yeah it looks like daily driving a Fiero has given you the bug big time. And once you drive that Formula you will put that rickety 'ole blue GT in the mall LOL

When I lived in Florida I wanted to do Autotrain, but back then the cost was prohibitive. With gas over $2.00 a gallon it's almost cheaper to fly anywhere nowadays. I never could figure out the route of autotrain...is there a big demand for transport from D.C. area to Sanford, FL? I could see NY to Miami, but Sanford? whats up with that?

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Congratulations!

Yeah it looks like daily driving a Fiero has given you the bug big time. And once you drive that Formula you will put that rickety 'ole blue GT in the mall LOL

When I lived in Florida I wanted to do Autotrain, but back then the cost was prohibitive. With gas over $2.00 a gallon it's almost cheaper to fly anywhere nowadays. I never could figure out the route of autotrain...is there a big demand for transport from D.C. area to Sanford, FL? I could see NY to Miami, but Sanford? whats up with that?

Sanford is in the center of the state. Plus its the celery capital of the world. How exciting is that. I'm from that area. Isn't that reason enough?

Nice looking formula. Sounds like a heck of a deal.

PFF
System Bot
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
so you are the one then eh?

my friend really wanted that and was wating for a reply about it - then we hear that someone from florida is going to be picking it up and driving it back..

hope you enjoy it - looks like a steal

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 06-15-2005).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

so you are the one then eh?

my friend really wanted that and was wating for a reply about it - then we hear that someone from florida is going to be picking it up and driving it back..

hope you enjoy it - looks like a steal

Yeah, that was me. I almost sent you a PM message to let you I'd bought it when you made that last PM to cone_shark.
Can't wait to pick to up.

Where is Lusby Md ? I lived in Wheaton then in Walkersville, near Frederick Md.

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
That sure looks sweet. Congrads and wlcome to the formula club!!!
I have to ask....because ive seen your rides...any plans on what you plan on doing to her? John

------------------

Project88GT build up thread

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero67:

That sure looks sweet. Congrads and wlcome to the formula club!!!
I have to ask....because ive seen your rides...any plans on what you plan on doing to her? John

Plans ? Oh, enjoying it to the max. Doing the repairs and replacing the items it needs. Taking it on the run to the Keys are some of the things I can think of right off the bat.

I'm sure going to take care of it, Lee's done a great job of keeping it looking great, I'm going to also.

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

Plans ? Oh, enjoying it to the max. Doing the repairs and replacing the items it needs. Taking it on the run to the Keys are some of the things I can think of right off the bat.

I'm sure going to take care of it, Lee's done a great job of keeping it looking great, I'm going to also.

when is the run to the keys?

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Your putting a hood scoop on the blue GT!
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, that was me. I almost sent you a PM message to let you I'd bought it when you made that last PM to cone_shark.
Can't wait to pick to up.

Where is Lusby Md ? I lived in Wheaton then in Walkersville, near Frederick Md.

lusby is down south of DC on the bay -- I've lived all over MD been here most of my life. how much is the amtrack shipping? My dad is thinking of buying a Florida car.

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

lusby is down south of DC on the bay -- I've lived all over MD been here most of my life. how much is the amtrack shipping? My dad is thinking of buying a Florida car.

I was born in MD & lived there for 32 years. Love the area. Don't miss the snow or I-495 & I-270.

Amtrak breaks it down like this, The train ticket for the person, 124 and the car is 182 for a total of 306 dollars. Not bad at all.

I think it's a good idea when buying a car with an unknown history. I'd rather break down close to home, than thousands of miles away.

Good luck to you.

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
Finally bought a Fiero that you can drive and you're gonna take the train. Go figure!
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

I was born in MD & lived there for 32 years. Love the area. Don't miss the snow or I-495 & I-270.

Amtrak breaks it down like this, The train ticket for the person, 124 and the car is 182 for a total of 306 dollars. Not bad at all.

I think it's a good idea when buying a car with an unknown history. I'd rather break down close to home, than thousands of miles away.

Good luck to you.

yeah i moved south to get away from having to take 495 to get to work dropped my commute from an hour to 15 minutes

wow thats a much better price.. is that just on amtraks website? i feel like taking a train ride. the delivery service is 900$

PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

wow thats a much better price.. is that just on amtraks website? i feel like taking a train ride. the delivery service is 900$

Yeah, I'd say it's worth taking the train ride to save 500 bucks !!

Originally posted by Gordo:

Finally bought a Fiero that you can drive and you're gonna take the train. Go figure!

Taking the train because of the unknown history of this car. It might make the whole trip, but why take a chance ?

"Finally bought a Fiero that you can drive" ? You must have missed the Blue coupe I bought last year & have been driving daily ever since. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/026883.html

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 06-16-2005).]

Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
Haha, Lorton VA...You'll be driving up by me

Maybe you'll see me driving around in my Fiero.

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car! Enjoy your new baby!

------------------

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Taking the train because of the unknown history of this car. It might make the whole trip, but why take a chance ?

But aren't you still driving the car from NY to Virginia? That means if it breaks down it will be very far from home. I would have bit the bullet and taken the Suburban the whole way...But that's just me. I towed my car from Houston to Chicago just to have the roof lowered three inches.

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2005 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Well, almost time for bed, as I need to get up at 3:30 am, for a 5:20 am flight !

Special thanks to Fierofreak00, he's meeting me at the airport in NY.

I'll be taking plenty of photo's along the way. Post them when I can find a "wi-fi" spot to get a few on line. I'll be on the train for about 12 hours on Monday.

... The adventure begins soon ...

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2005 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Okay, here's more information for those interested in what I've been up to.

Sunday
3:00 am Got up at 3 am to start the day. Boy am I tired.

5:20 am The airplane flight took off at 5:20 am

7:00 am. The flight was good, arrived in Atlanta. Was pretty cool seeing all the lights of the various city from the plane. Wondered if it was like the view astronauts would see from space. Of course they’d be a lot higher.

Had breakfast. At the airport. The next flight takes off at 9:06 am. The Atlanta airport is quite large, has a subway system that gets you from terminal to terminal.

The anticipation is growing. Hoping there won’t be any problems. I have until 2 pm on Monday to get to Autotrain in Virginia

9:00 am. The 2nd flight was quite bumpy, and we had the addition of having a small kid on board, that screamed most of the time. Luckily, he was in the rear of the plane, and I was in the front. I managed to sleep most of the way.

11:15 am. When I arrived, Jason (fierofreak00) was waiting for me & drove me over to Lee (cone_sharks) house.

Along the way, it was funny, Jason got a phone call, with one hand on the wheel & one hand holding the phone. The hills & curves demanded the gears to be changed. I took over the shifting duties with out being asked! He hit the clutch & I shifted the gears. It was two Fiero guys working one car ! I knew when he wanted to shift, as it was the same as I would had done.

We had a great time talking about Fiero’s & people on the forum. We found out we both have the same situation with the people we work with. When we start talking about our cars, the guys at work get those glassed over eye’s and they just don’t understand the fascination we have. We had a good laugh over that.

1:20 PM Reached cone_sharks house, he opened the garage door, there sat two very nice Formulas. His white one has one 49,000 miles ??? When he started the red one, it sounded great. The photo’s he posted were just like the car. There were a few rock chips on the hood, but those are to be expected of a car with 94k miles.

We introduced everybody, then I sheepishly accepted Lee’s offer to test drive the car. By the time I’d hit 2nd gear, I was sold. It drove great, no rattles or anything bad detected. The deal was at hand. My huge grin must have been a dead give away that I wanted the car.

As a joke, I handed Lee a 1,000,000 dollar bill, wondering if he’d accept it. Of course, it was a fake bill.
Needless to say, I gave him the real cash and made the deal.

Afterwards, cone_sharks father showed us a photo album, he’s a Corvair fan, has had many award winning cars. We had a good talk with him.

4:00 pm Jason had to go finish up a project he was working on, so we left heading down I-83 with his beautiful fiero in the lead. I followed, falling a bit behind, as I was having a little computer problem, getting the GPS to work. It’s hard to troubleshoot a computer & drive at the same time. Finally got it working after rebooting the computer. Jason cracked me up when he saw the computer & GPS, called me Inspector gadget ! lol

I pulled up along side, with the camera and took few shots of Jason. He took the next exit.

I headed to Virginia. I decided not to trust the fuel gauge, as I’d heard the 88’s gauges are off more than the others. A friend told me this, he said his 88 is empty at ¼ tank. The 1st fuel stop, I went 295 miles, added 9.91 gallons. (up to the top on the filler pipe) That's 29.7 mpg. Not bad for a V6 !

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-07-2005).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2005 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

CoolBlue87GT

8404 posts
Member since Apr 2001
10:00 pm Got to Lorton VA, decided to spend the night in the car, as the few hours at a motel would cost a mint. Boy, these things aren’t meant for sleeping. I had all my computer & camera gear in the passenger side seat, being 6+ feet tall, you can only get in two positions, neither are good. Some how, I made it through the night. Only waking up every hour or so. It had to be the worst nights sleep I ever had.

2:00 pm Monday, Checked in with Autotrain, the person checking the cars in, took a magnetic numbered sign, proceeded to stick it on the door. Of course, it fell off, I had to laugh, as she said, “oh, this is one of those cars” She put it inside, behind the dash.

One of the kids loading the cars, came over and said, Ah, that’s model / year to have. That V6 won’t be catching on fire. I watched as they drove it over to the loading racks, he revved it up bit, then took off slowly, driving it up inside the train. I snapped a bunch of shots.

3:00 pm Loading the train with people. I got to my seat, then realized I’d forgotten batteries for my GPS unit. I went back to the gift shop in the station, bought pack of 4 “AA” batteries. Got back on the train, then realized, aw crap, I needed “AAA” batteries. Once again, I went back to the gift shop, bought another pack. Then they announced last call for boarding. I made it back in time. After all that, I now find the GPS won’t work, even though I have it next to the window. Maybe it will start working when the train starts to move.

The people next to me must think I’m crazy, because I’ve now set up & packed up the laptop three times now. Must look pretty stupid. I guess I’d be Inspector gadget to them !

4:00 pm The train is now moving. I spoke to one of the engineers, he told me the train makes one stop, to change out crews, but the fuel on board is enough to make the whole trip. That surprised me. He saw my camera, asked if I wanted him to take head on shot of the train. Told him sure, the first one is his.

6:30 am. Monday. I used my GPS on the train to keep track of our position and speed. Was pretty cool, at times we were traveling at 75 MPH. The ride is, well, in a word BUMPY ! Much more that I would have thought. At times, walking up the isles made you feel like a drunken sailor

Dinner was served in three groups, 5, 7, & 9 pm. I was seated with a nice group of people, we each had a good time talking about were we traveled from & where were headed. I told them about my two day trip to buy the car. They seemed interested.

The rest of the night I watched the GPS until going to sleep around 10:30. Trying to get comfortable with these train seats, reminded me of the night spent in the Fiero. It took some getting used to hearing various people snoring and the sounds the train made. I tried about 6 different positions before finding the right one. I woke up a few times in the night.

Had a light Breakfast, bagel , banana and orange juice. Sat & Spoke with another couple, they were from NY, were very different than the dinner group. We didn’t speak much, felt like they didn’t want the time of day from me.

8:15 am. They just announced we will arrive and 9 am, that’s not to far off schedule. Overall, it’s been a nice trip, if I’d driven the whole way, I’d be very tired now. And I wouldn’t be in Florida now.

Should be interesting when we arrive to see how long it takes for the Fiero to be unloaded. It was the 19th car to be loaded in Virgina. Wondering how the car did with all those bumps the rails provided. Hope I do not find any damage from the trip. I took before photo’s just incase.

Should be okay, when I saw the cars unloaded in VA, I watched & listened to the car owners to see if there were any complaints. The only thing I heard was one women couldn’t find her trip map she’d left on the car seat. No one noticed any damage from there trip up north.

After unloading, I have another 3 ½ road trip, then I need to take a shower and go to work until 9 pm. It’s going to be a long day.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2005 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity what is the cost to ship a car plus your fare .
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

Just out of curiosity what is the cost to ship a car plus your fare .

If I read the question right, The shipping company prices ranged from 1500 to 1100 for door to door service.

My fare was, flight up for $114 bucks, and the Autotrain was (124 for me & 182 for the car) = $306 dollars, so $420 bucks ain't bad.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Yeah no doubt this could be a nice alternative for some would be fiero owners.

I went to their site once, albiet several years ago, and could not figure out what the heck was what ! I hope they have changed it to make it more easy to understand what areas they service.

PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
9:45 am. Fiero was unloaded.

I noticed on the hood where something dripped. I had the agent look at it, he said he didn't see any damage as he was rubbing away the dried spots which had bits of rust that also fell on it. I had to yell at him to stop rubbing it off like that, it would scratch the clear coat.

He told me if I left with out showing any damage, then I'd never be able to claim it. I asked for a bucket of water or hose so I could clean it away to check. He said none were available. I had some cleaning products in the trunk, I got those out, and carefully cleaned the area. To my relief, it was okay. Just the fact that he rubbed at it with his hand, really irks me.

Another couple pulled their car up, it had a fresh scratch in the lower rubber bumper cover. It was about 7 inches long & fairly deep. He reviewed the shots of the car that was taken in VA before the car was loaded. They will take care of them.

Here's a few shots I took while waiting for the train. The lighting was perfect for showing off the color.

The drive from where the train ends and my home was nice, the car rides very nice, no rattles. I hated to go into work today.

Thanks for letting me post my story.

Well time for bed for me. 1:15 am - yikes !

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 06-22-2005).]

Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
Looks like a great car at a great deal. Have fun with it!
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Nice tale to tell, Dave. It looks like you got a real nice car. Did you have temporary Florida plates for your drive home? If you did, how long are they good for?
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Nice fiero sounds like you had a good tirp.

------------------

http://www.iamanascarfan.com/

I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Dang, I'm near-'bout cryin' now that I missed that deal. *sigh*

Awesome car, and I'm glad the trip went off with next-to-no problems.

Congrats!!

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
That was a great read, thanks for sharing
An auto train. That is so cool.

Steve

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking ride there Dave, drive careful and Enjoy.
I'll get up that way one of these days and get a closer look.
Have a Nice Day
Thanks Gary
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Nice tale to tell, Dave. It looks like you got a real nice car. Did you have temporary Florida plates for your drive home? If you did, how long are they good for?

No, I actually used a friends "transporter" tag. It's for his business .

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Dave

Now you can also go on Run For The Hills

You going to let Archie chop this one?

congrats

Frank

------------------
Frank

1986 GT - & - 1987 5 Speed Lowered
Signiture By Reality

1988 GT - T-Top
87 Coupe - Tilt Front End in Progress
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T