Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  The dream is over... Sad news from NY (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
The dream is over... Sad news from NY by RCR
Started on: 12-13-2004 07:17 PM
Replies: 73
Last post by: I wear pants on 10-18-2005 11:27 PM
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
I recieved an email and phone call from Liz Kelley of the New York Post. She was looking for info on Alexandre Koulygine, the designer of the Pirahna and Plazma. He passed away recently. She said the police believe he was murdered. She said she would fill me in with any details if she came up with any.

God's speed Alex. Maybe he needed you to work on his Fiero.

Bob

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
WOW thats sad ! i saw that car at carlisle and it was awsome. Its ashame this happened.
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
wow
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
What! Murdered?
Man, what a car designer!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-13-2004).]

MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post
That is really a shame to hear.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I met him at Carlisle this year. He was a very friendly guy willing to answer everyones questions. He even snuck up on my car, as I was driving there, and took the time to wave. This truly is a shame and a great loss to the Fiero community.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-13-2004).]

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
Wow!! That is really unexpected. You don't expect that to happen to anyone. Sad sad news.

Kris

boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
That is very sad news, I was looking to make a good contact with Alex, but was not able to make it to Carlisle and get to talk to him.
Any news of what will happen to his car, his family, or his "buisness partner"?
It would be a shame not to see his wonderful car live on as a legacy of his amazing work.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
May he rest in peace. He was a wonderful edition to our Carlisle show this past year and he will be missed.

Jennifer

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

First off Condolences to his family. What a terrible turn of events.

It looked like he was finally going to make all his hard work finally pay off.

I truly hope the car ends up in the hands of someone who can reproduce it and make his dreams into reality.

It would be a horrific shame for this fantastic piece of art to fade into oblivion and his legacy forgotten.

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Oh my goodness, many condolences to his family.

I never met Alex but he emailed me many times and shared information about the Plazma. I am really saddened to hear this piece of news. I hope there is someone available to continue his dream. He was a true pioneer in what he was able to do with his car. If anyone has more information, especially how we can send our condolences to his family please share it with us. I am almost speechless.

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
That's unbelievable... it's amazing how quickly things can change. I too had swapped a number of emails with him awhile back about producing some posters... wow...

My thoughts & prayers are with his family & friends!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

fierolover3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolover3800Send a Private Message to fierolover3800Direct Link to This Post
thats terrible news! condelences to his family. and i hope the plazma goes to soemone who can reproduce parts of it.

James

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
Did the person from the Post say when this happened? Any articles we could read up on? If so, please post. I had a long talk with him at Carlisle; he was one of the nicest people there. As someone else stated he didn't mind answering any of the questions people were asking. We spent close to an hour trying to get pictures of the Plasma that didn't have a swarm of people surrounding the car on all angles. When trophies were awarded was when we were able to get the pictures.

Also, condolences to his family and I too hope the car stays with people that will care for it.

------------------

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Damn, I can't believe this has happened to him. The guy was so talented. I met him at Carlisle and chatted briefly. My condolences to his family.

------------------

ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post
Rest In Peace Fellow P-Body Lover

I Think We Can All Agree That If Murder Was The Case ...The People Responsible Are Found And Delt With Justly

I Hope To Never Have To Read A Thread Like This EVER Agian

------------------
"This car is so good looking its almost indecent. - AutoWeek on the new 1986 GT"

Zeros Home Page
MSN Messanger tylercaddick@hotmail.com

Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianDirect Link to This Post
Find peace Alex. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Fire451

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fire451Click Here to visit Fire451's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fire451Direct Link to This Post
May he rest in peace and may his car go to a loving owner.

------------------

86 SE 2.9L
Best ET : 14.9 @ 90 MPH

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

http://www.fieropride.com/photos/fac2004/post_show/2k4_winners.jpg

Can someone point him out?

Back row, last guy on the right Pokey. In the grey t-shirt.

PFF
System Bot
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
wow, so sad.. condolences to his family and friends.. with any luck he will live on through his work
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Sad, speachless. Remembering better times. R.I.P.

DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
Holy cow!!! The ( Plazma...Man ) is gone?????? And only after 35 wonderful awe inspiring post on PFF!!!! Man what a car, what a great person, what a insane world!... At least he saw his dream completed before going on to bigger things! Sad sad news

The post that introduced us to the plazma!! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/041016.html

------------------

Ferrari 308 GTB rebody on a modified 86SE chasis Soon to have a highly hooped up 3800SC..Ohh yeah baby!!
Contacts _ AIM / Zildjianfx _ Yahoo / djdraggin
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs.

Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCDirect Link to This Post
I found this:

December 14, 2004 -- A Brooklyn man was killed yesterday when his motorcycle hit an SUV making an illegal left turn, police said.
The crash occurred at 8:21 a.m. as Alexandre Koulygine, 51, was riding his 2000 Yamaha west on Atlantic Avenue and Crescent Street in East New York.

He was traveling in the center lane of the three-lane roadway when a Chevy Suburban driven by Fernanda Camacho, 39, made an illegal turn onto the eastbound lane, cops said.

Koulygine's motorcycle slammed into the side of Camacho's Suburban.

Koulygine, of Red Hook, was hurled from his motorcycle and his helmet flew off.

Police said he hit the road with such force that he suffered fatal injuries.

Arriving medics and cops tried to save Koulygine, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

It was not immediately clear what type of injuries he suffered.

Police said his driving record showed three minor previous violations, but none that would bar him from driving.

Camacho, of Woodhaven, Queens, was issued a summons for failing to yield on a left turn, cops said.

Relatives at Camacho's home declined comment. Attempts to reach Koulygine's family were unsuccessful.

This is truly sad.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2004 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero38SC:
[b]December 14, 2004 -- A Brooklyn man was killed yesterday when his motorcycle hit an SUV making an illegal left turn, police said.
The crash occurred at 8:21 a.m. as Alexandre Koulygine, 51, was riding his 2000 Yamaha west on Atlantic Avenue and Crescent Street in East New York.

so sad - this is the only reason i don't own a motorcycle - can't trust anyone else on the road with your life..

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post

may he rest in peace

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
I see I was beaten to the punch....Here is the article as was given to me by Liz: http://nypost.com/news/regionalnews/36469.htm
He died in an accident on his bike. So sad....
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

may he rest in peace

and here's his family and another of him.... May they find some peace...

Anyone know how we could get ahold of them to see if they needed anything..??

FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post

This is truely sad news. I meet him at the '04 Daytona show. His car is unbelievable and so was his talent. He will truely be missed.

-FieroLinks

PFF
System Bot
Matthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MatthianSend a Private Message to MatthianDirect Link to This Post
wow! what a tradedy!

I did not expect to see this today, I'll be keeping him and his family in my prayers

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Anyone know how we could get ahold of them to see if they needed anything..??

I think this would be a good idea, if nothing else than just to give them our condolences.

Nate

------------------

My Web page | The Turbo Super Duty Build.

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Oh MAN! I just saw this NOW.. what a terrible way to go. I was hoping to meet him someday, seeing he didn't live TOO far from me...wow, this really is terrible, his poor family...

Not much I can say except this was a very sad, senseless thing. THIS is why you have to follow traffic laws!!!!

As for the car..I'm sure his wife/son/ whoever will see to it that it is kept in the family...even if they decide to do anything with it in the future (molds, kits, etc, They'll do it...now isn't the time to worry about that.)

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 12-14-2004).]

slickrick2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Direct Link to This Post
Very sad. My condolences to his family.

I will not own a motorcycle any more. Too many friends have died, and I have had a close call myself. The roads nowadays are just too crowded for motorcycles, and as some of you who ride know, have drivers out there who seem to target cycles and try to run them off the road. It's just not worth ti to me anymore.

RIP Alexandre Koulygine

turbotoad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post
BUMMER!!!

Man his car is so beautiful. And I was really hoping he would eventually offer it as a bolt-on kit. Guess we'll never see that happening now.

Putting on the flame suit......ok, why do people keep taking helmet use so lightly?! Either the lack of use (Indian Larry), or what appears to be a half-hearted attempt in this case. If your going to put one on at least make the effort to strap it to your head.......ok, I'll shut up now.

What a shame

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero38SC:

He was traveling in the center lane of the three-lane roadway when a Chevy Suburban driven by Fernanda Camacho, 39, made an illegal turn onto the eastbound lane, cops said.

Camacho, of Woodhaven, Queens, was issued a summons for failing to yield on a left turn, cops said.

Relatives at Camacho's home declined comment. Attempts to reach Koulygine's family were unsuccessful.[/b]

This is truly sad.

That's it? just a summons? Whats the guys blood level? Any priors? A person in a big jackass SUV couldn't see Alex or what? I hope Alex's family sues the heck out of Camacho's family!

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
I believe he should have been charged with vehicular manslaughter.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I am finding some comfort in knowing that this was an unfortunate accident and not the more sinister scenario mentioned earlier. Still I am so sad and I wish we could do something for his family.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001
...double post

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 12-14-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors