Started on: 07-15-2004 07:01 PM
Replies: 148
Last post by: 86fieroEarl on 09-12-2005 04:27 PM
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2004 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Today I visited Master Tuner Akimoto to see how he was progressing on the 4.9 install on Black-Azz-GT's car, when I saw this "Gem in the Rough"

Ya it's a little rough but wait a while and you will be surprised with the results. It already has a nox 4.5 in it.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2004 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
crap they stole my antenna idea
DotTC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2004 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post
gotta keep that brake thingie(forget the name atm, sleepy) cool..

------------------
1988 Aero 88 coupe.. 2.8l v6.. more mods to come.
Photo Gallery - Fiero Links

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post

Still working on this not yet perfected.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Obviously I have seen it. Mark my words, It will be one of the nicest before long. I wont say much but the car has some very unique and very nice mods.

------------------
-Chris - Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 3.4 5spd
3.4 SOLD & 4.9 being installed

"It's too low, too rough, too loud, drinks gas, it's totally impractical, but damn good lookin. In other words, It's almost perfect!"
Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Looking good Master Tuner !

It is very, very easy to see the potential in this car ! I

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2004 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
This really is not a build up thread so to speak but since I was banned at the track for not having a roll bar my car has been undergoing a complete make over and will make her debut in Daytona 05 I have incorporated a lot of new additions and will post them as time permits.To keep you up to date I am running a ' 90 4.5 caddi "RSR "motor and Isuzu 5 speed tranny with a quartermaster clutch,my previous engine a 4.9 was sold and is now running autocross up and down the eastern seaboard,the car is still under the knife with three more mods left to put in a late model firebird mirrors (testarossa style ) and a lip spoiler Lexus IS-300 and the ferrari rear panels.

New headlamps

Corvette13" brake rotors

Cadillac Third brakelight

Grand Am Hi intensity driving lights

Trans am mirrors
I will keep you posted as we go along

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 09-19-2004).]

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Today I decided to get some work done on the "Top Secret "4.5 Fiero which was long over due,I have incorporated a lot of features into the car and still adding new stuff like :

Twilight sentinel -light turns on themselves at dusk.
One touch window roll down.
11 Speaker stereo system

but here are some trans am side mirrors that I used to replace the stockers that was a turnoff to me

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 09-26-2004).]

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Wow. That looks good. Wasnt sure how they would turn out when we picked them up last weekend. Looks like you have to break out the glass again and do some work on the door whare the old mirrors used to be.
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Yes I hope to do that when the lip spoiler comes in this week then I will kill two birds with one stone then start to prep for painting then we can go on the road to look for some expensive cars to beat up.
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2004 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
The spoiler finally came in yesterday and although the mosquitos were out last night I watched the debate then started to mount it to achieve this look (thanks AusFiero )

This in my opinion is the coolest simple and clean look so I got the rear scoop from 88-92 Camaro rear spoiler and formed the base as to this mod I could have used the Lexus IS 300 but it is rubber and not practical to work with so this is what I am working with and can be fiber glassed in this is my final mod and I am satisfied beforefinal body work and prep to paint and I have decided to use a color called "Rossa Red" like on the Ferraris or the Porsche 911-T as for wheels I have not decided yet on the design but looking to put on the rear 315-35-R17 and on the front some 275-40-R17............... will keep you posted.

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 10-01-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

The spoiler finally came in yesterday and although the mosquitos were out last night I watched the debate then started to mount it to achieve this look (thanks AusFiero )

This in my opinion is the coolest simple and clean look so I got the rear scoop from 88-92 Camaro rear spoiler and formed the base as to this mod I could have used the Lexus IS 300 but it is rubber and not practical to work with so this is what I am working with and can be fiber glassed in this is my final mod and I am satisfied beforefinal body work and prep to paint and I have decided to use a color called "Rossa Red" like on the Ferraris or the Porsche 911-T as for wheels I have not decided yet on the design but looking to put on the rear 315-35-R17 and on the front some 275-40-R17............... will keep you posted.

Darn you wait till kento sees that spoiler me and him were going to do that type of spoiler

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2004 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Hi Earl, must try to keep one step ahead of the crowd and to jump in front of Kento and you because you guys don't share secret mods but on this side I am going to get Black Azz in the mod and performance groove and make us a 1-2 punch at next years Daytona hurry and put in the 5 sp.
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Hi Earl, must try to keep one step ahead of the crowd and to jump in front of Kento and you because you guys don't share secret mods but on this side I am going to get Black Azz in the mod and performance groove and make us a 1-2 punch at next years Daytona hurry and put in the 5 sp.

OK That does it!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing that front facia MOD! I spoke to you about!!! Looks like I will have all my parts and will start the swap process in a few weeks. Hey, You gota keep quiet or there is 50000 copies out there before the paint is dry. btw nice F355 nose you got there, rather unique that you went with clear turn signals on that one

------------------
4.9 Caddy in Garage! Car in Driveway! ACK!
HURRICANE!!! SEND RUBBER RAFTS!!!!!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.org

Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Just a FYI . WS6 Fiero from Al. has had a spoiler like that on his car for at least 3 years. However , looks good , keep up the cool mods.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
MTA--

What year is your car? and what will you need to mount the 13" rotors?

Thanks-

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2004 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
1985 SE Coupe with 88 cradle and a 4.5 V8 5 speed.
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-02-2004 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Well I finally completed installing the lip spoiler and all the mods to my little coupe /GT and it has been a long road in the making and I have accomplished all that I did set out to do:
1 a very fast car (Caddy 1990 4.5engine)
2 exotic looking
3 great handling
4 comfortable(11 speaker system,CD/Casette /AM/FM)

the car will be going to the body shop shortly to finish final body work then sit for a while to spot any imperfection then painted "Rosa Red" after which will have the seat done locally $600 two tone grey on dark grey at one of our top shop and lastly rims and Z rated tires .Among some of the cars that was used to build this one is listed below :
Cadillac ...motor and 3rd brake light and self dimming rear viewmirror
300ZX ......Hood scoop
Trans am ..front and rear scoop
Mustang.... scoop
Sebring .....reverse lights and turn indicators
Camaro......hood vents and side mirrors.
Fiero GT ...rear clip
Fiero SE....sunroof
Geo Storm...running lights
Grand AM... driving lights

so my car is a Mutt but it came together good so here are the finished lip spoiler and I think it looks like the one above that gave me the inspiration to re do it .

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 10-04-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
MTA,

How long u been working on it ?

It is an inspiration.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
That tail fin turned out Great!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
^bump^

This is coming together nicely, looks pretty cool. Do you have any more pictures?

PFF
System Bot
The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherDirect Link to This Post
I def like the small little spoiler. I saw a prottype design drawing of a spoiler like that on a fastback years ago and loved how it looked. I kind of wish gm would have had that as an option from the factory.

That will look great.

SH

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2004 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Have you decided on which rims u are going with yet MTA ??

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-30-2004 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Yes I will send you a pic of it by email and you can post it as I can't get it to load on PIP.
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2004 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
Is WS6 Fiero's car silver? There was a guy at the swap meet earlier this year that had a silver (88 I think) GT that has a small duck tail spoiler on the back. This is the mod I am wanting for my 88GT. I have one on a 79 10th anniversary T/A (Parts car) I might look into using.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Yes I will send you a pic of it by email and you can post it as I can't get it to load on PIP.

Master Tuner's rims that he will be using,..they are called speed stars,...very nice !!

MTA you never did answer, how long you been working on your car ??

alienfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alienfieroSend a Private Message to alienfieroDirect Link to This Post
can you show your 10th anv. TA?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

Is WS6 Fiero's car silver? There was a guy at the swap meet earlier this year that had a silver (88 I think) GT that has a small duck tail spoiler on the back.

That's the one!

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
MTA has been working on his car for so long that he is now too old to remember.
When he started, gas was UNDER $2.00
The Fiero was a new car.
He didn't need glasses.
People spoke English in Miami.(That was a long long time ago).
There were only 49 states.
I could go on and on but I am sure MTA will respomd.
Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

The Fiero was a new car.
He didn't need glasses.

OUCH!

------------------
4.9 Caddy in Garage! Car in Driveway! ACK!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.org

Proud Member and founder of the DOWN SOUTH SUNNY WINTER PICK ON SNOW PEOPLE COALITION!

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2004 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

The Fiero was a new car.
He didn't need glasses.

Every thing is very true as described above but since I don't go to the track any more I have all the time to do all the things I want to do to make it a one of a kind car ,I am almost there except for paint now and new seats but I will be closing the shop come Jan 4th when the new owner will be taking over and I will have some money to do something for awhile till I open an all Fiero facility like Archie (i will have to contact him on some business matter ) as it will be more laid back as opposed to now .Clem I have so much project to do till maybe 2010 they will be finished:
Finish making my chopper,
Finish the Prostock Firebird,
Paint my boat and change the starter

so if you want to help feel free to come down but I have to finish up this year and get ready for Daytona in March and I am going to put a new engine in for that with lots of chrome on a 4.9 this you will love .

BTW I have an engine on Kento's Central Florida website for sale.

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 10-31-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2004 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys just to keep you posted on my project "Top Secret" Fiero I am in the process of removing the 4.5 motor and replacing it with a 4.9 monster motor that was sitting for awhile on the engine stand just some details on the motor it has the same treatment as the 4.5 with forged JE pistons ,over bore liners,Cloyes roller timing chain shot peened rods with ARP fasteners and under plenum direct injected nitrous and shoul turn somewhere in the vicinity of 401 plus hp and streetable.As you can remember I blew up last week and caught fire https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047093.html and it was all over this .

still have to sand and apply clear coat over the paint thanks for looking and will keep you posted

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. You have done a couple of things I am doing on mine. The lip spoiler is a must and I was going to mount my mirrors exactly the same way. If I can find some I like that is. Seeing you have done the spoiler wanna take a mould off it and send one over
Been 4 years since I did that photochop. WOW time flies.

------------------

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2004 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
Wooot!!! keeep up the good work MTA Those valve covers came out nice.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

MTA I know I asked you before, but i misplaced my notes somewhere.

Where did you get your decklid scoop and what year and model car is it from ?

Is it fiberglass or plastic ?

I need to pick up four of them, ..currently looking at the ones at the fiero store.

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
a bit o/t but a bit on topic...

when you carb a 4.9/4.5 with pfi, do you just plug the injector holes with bolts?

do you use a remote oil filter?

what vacume port do use for your brakes?

Thanks.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-13-2004 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Tony the scoop is the original mustang from 79 to 85 there about try to stay away from the fiberglass one's as they tend to warp after awhile and the fit is just not like the originalyou can find them on ebay and may be at the junk yard the scoops in the front are late model 2000 and up Camaros BTW I gave you a +so your bar will be one step further .

As to the carb on the 4.9 at the base of the carb there is a vacuum outlet where you can take the vacuum off to run the brake booster or any thing that requires vacuum eg adjustable fuel regulator for a turbo etc the holes you can use pipe plugs from Home Depot with JB Weld or get some pennies and use JB Weld to close them off and no need to use a remote oil filter .

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 11-13-2004).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
cool, Thanks for the info!!!
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2004 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Well I have to let the cat out of the bag but my 4.5 is coming out in a few weeks after I get rid of few swaps that I am currently doing and will be going up for sale either the way it is or minus the forged pistons that I will be keeping but the motor will still be quick even with the stock pistons,but it will be replaced by by a new 4.9 that will be producing over 435+ hp and 440 lbft of torque at sea level.
This motor might never see the track like the previous one did because I am in no rush to put a roll bar or cage in to run also fear of the tranny breaking guess i'll go cruising the streets and terrorize some of the big boys like LT188GT and BlackAzz GT and some of my clients .
The crazy thing about this motor is it is carburated and fuel injected Nos at the same time and as crazy as it sounds it works just fine and there is room for improvement but with all that additional power there is a matter of concern with the tranny especially if you drag race it but I will keep you guys posted with pics in a few weeks of the setup.

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 12-28-2004).]

PBJ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2004 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post

there is a matter of concern with the tranny especially if you drag race it but

Oh come on now We have only gone through 3 tranies in the last year and half, 4 since it has been a 4.9 I have more money tied up the transmissions than anything else including the purchase of the car. Gotta pay to play. Keep up the good work! and hopefully a dyno sheet instead of a timeslip.

Pete

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock