Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Build-Up start to finish thread (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Build-Up start to finish thread by Black-Azz-GT
Started on: 04-16-2004 08:52 AM
Replies: 108
Last post by: exoticse on 08-14-2005 09:07 PM
Black-Azz-GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Well, I've decided to make a picture compilation of the build up of my car in this thread. (I hope you guys are'nt tired of my car.)
Even though my car is already well on it's way, I have alot of pictures from along the way and I will make this a link in my sig. This will be my first attempt at a build up thread, I usualy just visit and through my $.02 in and ask questions and try to help other members. So bear with me and if you like what you see, give me a positive.

If you have any questions as I am posting, ask away. I will answer all. So lets get started.

------------------
-Chris

Custom Gun Metal 86 GT
***95 Camaro 3.4 swap, Ported and polished heads and intakes, CRX CAI, Custom Cam, steel vacuum lines, steel braided EGR tube, new Wire Harness, New Exhaust, No Cat, Flowmaster, polished poly dog bone. Isuzu 5 speed, Short through shifter
***Intrax 2" drop springs, Full Polly Suspension, Sencetrack Struts and Shocks, Grand AM brake upgrade, steel braided brake lines, 17" Gun Metal Wheels, Khumo Tires
***Racing Seats, SunPro tach w/ shift light, White face guages, carbon fiber Steering wheel, Carbon Fiber dash accents and custom sphere shift knob,

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

This is where I started. After several months of searching for a good starting point. I found this 1985 GT in MIami. It was a one owner car with 145,000 miles. This car was born and raised in miami. No rust, and seemed solid and taken car of. I got this car bone stock. Sorry I dont have a before pic on the computer right now. The pic that you see is after, a lowering, new wheels to replace the stock turbines and big tires, shocks struts and poly suspension. Also I did alot of cosmetic work. (sails, sound system, seats and so) We will getinto more detail later because all od this stuff will have to come off to go onto my fastback after a change of plans in the neer future. :-)

One more of this little coupe.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Well, I got this car as a project. It is my hobby and second car. Lets see my daily driver. This is the fiero's girl friend. She is a 2000 Honda Accord EX VTEC V6.
The fiero likes em' Asian.
Gotta show love to the Daily driver. She only has 30k miles. I dont rack up miles living on an Island in the FL keys.

Anyway being a project, I started building an engine. I got a stock 2.8 with 60lk miles of ebay for $170 compleate.
Here she is after being stripped down, cleaned and painted.

I still have this engine if you need any parts. I never used it. PM me and let me know what you need.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Okay my friends and family are giving me Sh*t about building a Fiero because I just got rid of my last project, an 88 Mustang LX 5.0

As you can see, I have a my work cut out. I told everyone that the finished fiero can be just as nice and better than the stang.
You know how many non-beleivers there are out there when it comes to Fiero's.

What do you think? Can I do it? I think so.

vantastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vantasticSend a Private Message to vantasticDirect Link to This Post
Nice Mustang, I think your Fiero will be much better

------------------
Vantastic!

'85 GT, lowered, chipped, K&N, scoop, E-ram, 800w Splx 10 inch subwoofer powered by 400w amp.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Fastforward a little. The 85 Gt is starting to give my problems, leaking tranny fluid and is having severe ignition problems, so I start looking into other engine swap possibilities. I ditch the 2.8 project in my garage because I want more power. I speak to the engine lab in Tampa about a performance rebuild wich includes bored 2.8, ported everything, cam, 5 angle valve job, and install. Just over $3000. The say about 185hp with this setup. I am really considering this because it comes with a warentee and my car cant be driven.

THEN, I see this add in the mall //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/018134.html

And as you can see I was all over this deal. Pretty much the same thing I wanted done at the Engine Lab, but on a '95 3.4 Camaro V6. And it has a newly installed 5spd! YEA....

Jeff agreed to meet my in Ft. Lauderdale to make the deal. The car was rough cosmeticly but a solid car and fast. I was impressed with the sound and performance. It was nothing like my 2.8. Not even close!

We agreed on $2,300 and the deal was made. The car came with a 4" thick folder full of receipts of everything done to the car, dating way back. Good deal huh?

Here is the car as I got it. Beleive me this picture makes the car look alot better than it actualy does.

The paint is severly faded, paper thin and neglected. There was NO wax on this car. The front bumper is trashed, missing a sail panel and the one is cracked and the suspension is shot. But remember, it is fast and solid. The drive train has 2000 miles. Here is a couple other pics.

Ugly wheels.

Engine. Not a very good paint job but very clean. The instal was done rite with new mounts, wire harness, shift cables, 5spd tranny.........

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003

Originally posted by vantastic:

Nice Mustang, I think your Fiero will be much better

Thanks. When I sold the mustang. It had just busted transmission #6. The B/W T5 is not good on a modded engine with a 23 year old owner.
I still miss it though. But, I love the Fiero.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Day two after buying the car. I got off work and swaped the ugly wheels for the ones off my 85 GT and waxed the car. It looks much better but notice how I took the pictures out of the sun light to make it look good. You will soon see some pics that show what the paint looks really like.

Also it looks like a 4x4. I need to get my suspension from the 85 on there like soon.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
After talking to a mechanic at a local auto shop who owns a POS 84 fiero, I offered to give him my 85 GT if he would swap ALL my suspension parts to my new car. He agreed and we will do it all on a sunday. But first, I need to swap a lot of other stuff from the 85's interior. The 86 is really rough inside. Seats where torn to hell, No sterio, istrament panel was loose, bezzles not screwed down, brown Auxilary pod (not monted), No head liner, ect.....

So here we go swaping interior peces. Sorry I didnt take befor pics but, I'm sure you have a good mental pictur buy now.

Seats are installed.
What I did was drill holes in the floor board and use steel plates about 4x4" with a hole drilled and placed under the car to stregthen the mounting points and bolted the univesal tracks down alog with the seats.

In this picture you can see some other mods but we will get to that later. The green carpet is hideus, but that will be changed later as well as the brown seat belt.
Also the seats sit up more they where not ajusted yet.

[This message has been edited by Black-Azz-GT (edited 04-16-2004).]

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003

Here you can see the new steering wheel installed as well as the bezzle with C/F overlay, Sunpro Tach, and pedles.

Here you can see the rest of the bezzles, the blaupuckt CD player, and a hint of the 150watt powered 8" bazooka tube, (sounds incredable)
Short shifter, and the shift knob. Also note, the new aux. guage pod that I bought from a member. THANKS

Anothe angle

Looking better. Not wasting any time. Also not shown is the headliner from the 85. This was my first headliner job. Turned out perfect.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Okay, that sunday came and I got that mechanic to swap my suspension.

As he did the work, I took all the parts and cleaned and scrubed them in a parts cleaner. I then primed and painted them gloss black.
The brake parts where also cleaned and treated with primer and a top coat of alluminum engine paint. The fender well got about 5 coats of gloss black.
Needless to say the finished product is down right beutifull and looks bran new. Check the pics.

Notice the new steel braded brake lines.

In this pic you can see the polly bushings too.

Here is a shot of the rear with GA brakes. Here you can see how bad the paint is.

PFF
System Bot
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
How bout some full side on pics.
BEFORE suspension

AFTER suspension

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Got some more ebay goodies.
3.4 badges from a Lumina Z34. I think the font on these fit the fiero perfectly. $30 for 4.

Also got some tinted Sail panels. $110

turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seDirect Link to This Post
Daaaaaaammmmmm!
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Time to do some engine work. And some more ebay goodies.

Below is a CRX Cold Air Intake installed in place of the old Airbox set up.

This pic shows the smal filter that I used for the crank case breather. This is the tube that taps into your stock intake tube.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
IMO the CRX intake helped a little in performance, and makes this car sound down rite scary!

At about $30-35 total cost, I would recomend this upgrade to anyone. It took me about 30 minutes to install.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Next project...... Again more ebay goodies. White face Guages.
Before

After

Not an easy install but not bad if youare mechanicly inclined. Total cost. About $18

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
How bout some new exhaust tips? $36 each from Pep Boys. Welded on of course.

Before

After

Also note the tail lights. I used Carbon fiber look Vinyl to cover up the major delamination.
This is a very cheap and good looking fix for this common problem It is also totaly reversable, and looks good too.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Here are some pics with the wing removed. I really like this look.

I think when I get it painted I will leave it off. Looks very sleek and Ferarri like from the back.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Went to the Daytona Show and had a blast. Here is are a few pics of my car at the show.

Here you see my cars mean yunger brother. Dirty Rat.

MilleniumFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MilleniumFieroSend a Private Message to MilleniumFieroDirect Link to This Post
what happened to the wing? You wouldn't be happening to sell that would you?

------------------

85 SE

PFF
System Bot
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MilleniumFiero:

what happened to the wing? You wouldn't be happening to sell that would you?

It is for sale. $100 + shipping. I dont know how expensive it would be to ship.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Here she is painted gunmetal. What a difference.

Picked her up from the paint shop in the rain.

Next day after a good bath.

I love this pic

MilleniumFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MilleniumFieroSend a Private Message to MilleniumFieroDirect Link to This Post
looks like your needing a new sig pic I'll try some stuff out when i get home from work

------------------

85 SE

MilleniumFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MilleniumFieroSend a Private Message to MilleniumFieroDirect Link to This Post

MilleniumFiero

1225 posts
Member since Dec 2002
you also have a PM
The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonDirect Link to This Post
your car is evolving into a very sweeeet ride...
zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
Nice.
I like the first pic. I love the tropical backround, and looks like my car in that pic.
The finished build up is a work of art. It is one of the best fieros here for sure....
F86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F86GTSend a Private Message to F86GTDirect Link to This Post
what kind of suspension are you running? i want my 86 to look just like that! let me know...
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2004 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

I LIKE that steering wheel!!! Where did you get that?

- Flamberge

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2004 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Very nice ride. The work you have put into it has paid off big time. Bet she turns heads when you go down the road

Did you cut your springs or are they lowering springs? If you cut them, how much?

------------------
86GT 4 speed

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2004 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

Very nice ride. The work you have put into it has paid off big time. Bet she turns heads when you go down the road

Did you cut your springs or are they lowering springs? If you cut them, how much?

The springs are Intarx 2" drop with full poly and new sensetrac shocks/struts. Thanks for the complements. Stearing wheels was bought at pep boys.

------------------
-Chris

Custom Gun Metal 86 GT
Look here for more pics - //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040573.html

***95 Camaro 3.4 swap, Ported and polished heads and intakes, CRX CAI, Custom Cam, AFP Regulator, steel vacuum lines, steel braided EGR tube, new Wire Harness, New Exhaust, No Cat, Flowmaster, polished poly dog bone. Isuzu 5 speed, Short through shifter
***Intrax 2" drop springs, Full Polly Suspension, Sencetrack Struts and Shocks, Grand AM brake upgrade, steel braided brake lines, 17" Gun Metal Wheels, Khumo Tires
***Racing Seats, SunPro tach w/ shift light, White face guages, carbon fiber Steering wheel, Carbon Fiber dash accents and custom sphere shift knob,

PFF
System Bot
sennyGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2004 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sennyGTSend a Private Message to sennyGTDirect Link to This Post
Just curious, is that paint colour the new cadillac gunmetal?
-Greg
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2004 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sennyGT:

Just curious, is that paint colour the new cadillac gunmetal?
-Greg

Nope. Didnt realize cadilac had a gun metal paint.

BTW - the car is no where neer finished. I still have some tricks up my sleave. You will be seeing som updates soon.
I'm just a little indecisive as to what to do next right now. Gotta make up my mind.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Added a brand new red and Chrome nose emblem - Ebay $15 total

And a new pic of the car. Nice sunny weather here in the FL Keys

You can also see the new 3.4 emblems I added after the paint job

I have gotten some PM about the car and I just wanted people to know that this car is not finished. I still have los of things planned.
I'm trying to purchase a Turbo from a member so be watching for that. Also I am planning on a closed mouth lip spoiler and new carpet for the neer future so stay tuned.

------------------
-Chris

Custom Gun Metal 86 GT
Look here for more pics - //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040573.html

***95 Camaro 3.4 swap, Ported and polished heads and intakes, CRX CAI, Custom Cam, AFP Regulator, steel vacuum lines, steel braided EGR tube, new Wire Harness, New Exhaust, No Cat, Flowmaster, polished poly dog bone. Isuzu 5 speed, Short through shifter

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you changed to a fastback since my car is looking like a wingless version of your notchback. I wouldn't want to be accused of copying.... that's why I like Fieros!
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

I'm glad you changed to a fastback since my car is looking like a wingless version of your notchback. I wouldn't want to be accused of copying.... that's why I like Fieros!

You cant say that without posting a pic.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Black azz GT,

Coming thru the keys next week on my way to key west. Any chance for a quick rendevouz and or photo op ?

I would not keep you long (wife and her girlfriend will be with me so the clock will be ticking so to speak on their patience lol), just would like to see your car close up again.

I did not get to meet you but I actually saw your car at Daytona ( it was parked near Mike Valentine's Northstar Convertible). I am just curious how the new paint job looks in person. It looks great on screen.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-04-2004).]

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
No problem. I am at mile marker 61. Let me know when you are coming through. I can even take you for a spin up the street and back if the ladies permit.
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
It's looking good! Keep up the good work. How hard was it to install the poly bushings?

------------------
BlueGT

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Cool,

Pm me your cell and i will call you early next week to set something up. What kind of mods are you contemplating ?

Body mods (vents, scoops, etc) ?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock