Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Just another 3800 SC on the road ? Maybe, Maybe not. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Just another 3800 SC on the road ? Maybe, Maybe not. by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 06-19-2003 01:10 AM
Replies: 160
Last post by: ToddCaster on 10-05-2005 05:27 PM
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Not to overload the thread with the build up pics, we'll just do the almost finished project. Aside from a 4 week delay due to a blown engine with 7 miles. The car still has wrinkles to be ironed out like any project. Still need to finish the horrible paintwork, 13" crossdrilled & slotted C-4 H.D. rotors with 99 F-body twin piston aluminum calipers, and currently installing stage 2 intercooler, stage 4 blower, LS-1 throttle body. Some other driveability issues etc.

edited cause I'm a PIP dumba$$

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 01-21-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Cute car....

------------------

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Thats a pretty big 4 cyl....
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

The last few pics are for LilDevil since he wanted pics of NOS solenoids installed.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by KEV:

Thats a pretty big 4 cyl....

Get off this thread numbnut .......

KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
nice oil cap....
Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post
Is that an 88 GT? Nice work on that car, looks awesome. - kv

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd has performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe 5-spd, hardtop, rackless decklid, 13-in rally steel rims

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
WOW!, Keep the pictures coming!

Kyle

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

nice oil cap....

You whore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! quit bombing this thread...................get a JOB!!!!!!!!!

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Kelvin Vivian:

Is that an 88 GT? Nice work on that car, looks awesome. - kv

No it's actually an 87 GT with full tubular suspension & 4 corner coilovers from RCC

PFF
System Bot
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
oh man, I'm not used to seeing that thing with an engine in it!

------------------

1988 Quad 4 Coupe 5 speed click for more pics
1986 GT 5 speed
AOL: LastMinuteBastrd AIM: SavedbyJebus

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
Check out my new 13" rotor thread to see the brakes this bad boy is getting within the next few days.....

Can anyone see whats REALLY in the oil cap picture???

Yeah that's right NOS baby,

"IT HAS, DIRECT PORT NITROUS INJECTION,"

"Enough to blow the welds off the intake" Sorry, just some FAST & FURIOUS humor......

MOBILE

------------------

Member MN Fieros Forever
Self Installed SC3800/getrag. 10 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance........ GOT 19"s?? RIMS/TIRES FOR SALE!!! ONLY 2,000 Miles

Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Sweet. Yep, sweet. That car has waay waay too many goodies on it! So, is that the *only* way to get nitrous to a 3800SC, or just the *best* way? I'd like to put mine on the bottle when it's done and I get some miles on it, but I haven't even started to look at how. I really don't want to run it through the SC blades, how about a spacer plate after the SC with a fogger? Or tapped into the side of a nice intercooler... Between you and Skitime, there's going to be no trophies left to win at any shows!!! LOL Can't wait to see the brakes... <edit - I hit 400 posts! WOOHOO! lol)

------------------
Bob Williams
Multi-colored '87 Mutt, a work in progress! (Got my 3800SC, installation in progress. It now starts and runs!!!)

[This message has been edited by Riceburner98 (edited 06-19-2003).]

lowfierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 247
User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2003 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post
Can we say fast? If Chad ever comes over mine could be done....

------------------
" TARGET=_blank rel="nofollow">http://www.fiero.mn.org

86.5 GT, 18" wheels, GA CD brakes, ST brace, Leather, getting 3800 SC
88 Formula 5 speed T-Top stock,
88 GT,Leather, T-Top,S1-3800,

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Holy CRAP! All that thing needs now is a flux capacitor. Beautiful job.

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up
[URL=https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html]
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/031255.html
*** UPDATED 1/24/03 ***

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
stop the insanity... no keep going! damn that thing is scary...

Those suspensions parts look interesting, are those a-arms custom fabbed? or will they fit on an 87?

James Z

------------------

- 2.8v6, 5spd
- no cat, msd ignition/coil, K&N

kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post
Wow....that setup is simply insane. I love the engine color scheme. And NITROUS!!

Ken S.

86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
Not to mention summit list's the NOSzle setup for 1400 dollars. I assume that is what you have since its under the injector. I give that a huge thumbs up.

------------------
Recipe for speed:
1 Northstar with 5spd
1 set of 18s
1 set of CTS brakes
1 custom dash
pinch of polyurathane

[This message has been edited by 86 FIERO GT (edited 06-19-2003).]

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Nice work guy....

Good way to build a $16k 10sec car.

What are you using for fuel management?

What ever it is, I hope you can monitor KR.

Loyde

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SplineZ:

stop the insanity... no keep going! damn that thing is scary...

Those suspensions parts look interesting, are those a-arms custom fabbed? or will they fit on an 87?

James Z

Not custom. they are from RCC specialty and are engineered for the 84 to 87's .............check them out in TX at 817-536-3820

A full tubular setup with 4 corner coilovers is around $1500

PFF
System Bot
86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
How much adjustability do you have with the front coil overs, right now i have helds rear kit and currently lookin for a front setup for my car. My choices are the help sport kit, RCC kit and the shelby customs kit. I dont really wanna go tubular but if I have to I will.

------------------
Recipe for speed:
1 Northstar with 5spd
1 set of 18s
1 set of CTS brakes
1 custom dash
pinch of polyurathane

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MOBILE:
"IT HAS, DIRECT PORT NITROUS INJECTION,"

"Enough to blow the welds off the intake" Sorry, just some FAST & FURIOUS humor......

Yeah! Watch out! You don't want to blow your floor panels off!!!

Anyways, In a week or two I'll be coming down to the cities with my car and I'd be more than happy to stop by and let you take a look at my throttle body hat for my turbo.

PM me.

Your car is phucking crazy!

------------------

Chris_Oslo_Nelson@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 06-19-2003).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riceburner98:

Sweet. Yep, sweet. That car has waay waay too many goodies on it! So, is that the *only* way to get nitrous to a 3800SC, or just the *best* way? I'd like to put mine on the bottle when it's done and I get some miles on it, but I haven't even started to look at how. I really don't want to run it through the SC blades, how about a spacer plate after the SC with a fogger? Or tapped into the side of a nice intercooler... Between you and Skitime, there's going to be no trophies left to win at any shows!!! LOL Can't wait to see the brakes... <edit - I hit 400 posts! WOOHOO! lol)

Yes it is the Direct Port system for about $1400, the only down side is it does not fit the Series II SC with the injection way down in the hole. So I had to machine the head & the valve cover to accomodate the Nozzle. If you are going to a 75hp or less bump you can use a dry fogger after the throttle body & be safe. Anything higher and it will need to be a "wet shot" meaning it will need fuel & nitrous together. The only safe way to do it is Direct Port, wether you drill into the head or manifold, or the Nozzle. I like your idea of injecting it into an Intercooler but there again it can only be a 75hp or less dry shot. If you try injecting a wet shot through a fogger nozzle like at the throttle body you run a very high risk of fuel puddling in the intake and detonate the fuel & blow the supercharger off the intake. If you plan on nitrous at 100hp of more, plan on installing Forged pistons.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Oslo:

Yeah! Watch out! You don't want to blow your floor panels off!!!

Anyways, In a week or two I'll be coming down to the cities with my car and I'd be more than happy to stop by and let you take a look at my throttle body hat for my turbo.

PM me.

Your car is phucking crazy!

HeHe........that's funny,

anyhow I thought you coming to the MOA run on Sat ?

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by 86 FIERO GT:

How much adjustability do you have with the front coil overs, right now i have helds rear kit and currently lookin for a front setup for my car. My choices are the help sport kit, RCC kit and the shelby customs kit. I dont really wanna go tubular but if I have to I will.

The adjustability is awesome ( although a lot of work trying to spin the adjust-ring )
unfortunatly the only way to get front coilovers is with the tubular control arm. But if you have enough engineering aptitude you can buy a coilover shock and design your own mount brackets (probably what I should have done to save money) but I was also told there is a company out there who is doing front coilovers and retaining the stock control arms. LMK if i can help.

86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
Yes Shelby customs makes a coilover kit that uses factory upper and lower arms. I am tryin to get that kit but only way to get intouch with them is the phone. My other possibility is using the Hal shocks from held with a custom made brackets. Im goin to run a 150 wet shot on my N*. I just want it for giggles and occasional use against a honda.

------------------
Recipe for speed:
1 Northstar with 5spd
1 set of 18s
1 set of 13" brakes
1 custom dash
pinch of polyurathane

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Build up details

Silver 87 GT from N.J. with 155,000 & blown engine.
EVERYTHING is gutted to the frame, cleaned, blasted, & painted or powdercoated,
97 Rivera 3800 SC driveline
4T65E H.D. trans
Diamond Racing Forged pistons
moly rings
reinforced wrist pins
Conditioned rods
ARP bolts
566 square cam on stock roller lifters
LS-1 springs
Titanium retainers
comp cams 7.050 pushrods
ported & polished heads
portmatched intake
cold air intake ( 88-91 CRX )
stainless valves
WCF headers
42.5lb injectors
LT-4 fuel pump
2.8 modular pulley
DHP PCM by Dave Buckshaw
Taylor wires
MSD ignition
TR-6 denso plugs
stage 4 blower --------------coming soon
stage 2 Intercooler----------done !!
LS-1 throttle body-----------coming soon
PRJ fuel rail ---------------done !!
150hp wet shot Direct Port Nitrous
Borla Stainless exhaust
race shift kit
Quaife Torque Biasing diff.
sitting atop a full tubular suspension with 4 corner coilovers on 245-35-r19's. 1" sway bar in front, 7/8 sway bar in rear,(was, now DONE!!) working on 13" crossdrilled & slotted C-4 H.D. rotors, 98 up F-body twin piston aluminum caliper's, Earl's steel braided lines, Mr Mike's leather ( last chunk of maroon he had ) ACC carpet, & other fun stuff...........................

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 12-11-2003).]

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Woo Hoo! That most likely is closer to a 20K build up.

I have $14K in my engine and electronics.

I just put my PRJ rails on last night. Got the IC and Stage 4 installed as well.

You will be leaning to that ICCU feature with that DHP before long.

Loyde

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
wooooaaaa that thing is puuurdy.............

yeh I'm pretty sure the ICCU is next...........(running low on funds )
anyone want to buy a Fiero ? I have 4 avail.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 06-19-2003).]

skitime

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Well of course my engine in not in the league of either Purple Reigns or FastFieros 3800 but it is in and running for a lot less. Wish I had the bucks to keep up with you guys. All in all I have pretty good bang for the buck. I have about $4500 in the setup.

2000 Crate Grand Prix GTP engine
ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler
ZZP Modified Intake Manifold
ZZP Supercharger 8 Groove Pulleys 3.4, 3.25, 3.0
ZZP Underdrive Waterpump Pulley
ZZP Throttle Body Spacer
Goodyear Gatorback Belts
Full Flow 4" Intake with K&N Filter
Cold Air Sealed Intake Box
Custom Fuel Rails
Taylor Sparkplug Wires
NKG TR6 Sparkplugs
2 1/2 Stainless Steel Exhaust
Flowmaster Series 80 Camaro Muffler
West Coast Fiero Headers
West Coast Fiero Dogbone
Custom Burnt Chip in 95 ECM
V8 Archie Centerforce Clutch
5 Speed Getrag Trans

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
History of Skitimes Car

PFF
System Bot
Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCDirect Link to This Post
I but you can't wait to get that on the track at the 20th.

------------------

85 SE 2M6 "Fiero Addiction"
85 SE SC3800 Series II 5-Speed

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero38SC:

I but you can't wait to get that on the track at the 20th.

How'd you guess

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
I smell battle of the 3800sc fieros coming!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Ski..........how do you get only $4500 in it with a 2000 crate engine the dealer around here wanted that for just the long block ????????
skitime

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Ski..........how do you get only $4500 in it with a 2000 crate engine the dealer around here wanted that for just the long block ????????

I got luck with a "Buy It Now" on Ebay for only $1400

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 06-19-2003).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm... lemme see what I've got in the camera from last night...? BTW: The pics just don't do justice to the body color!

Here's another shot of the beautiful engine... it's amazing how nicely it matches the body color (for not having been painted at the same time or by the same methods)

Doesn't a set of Nitrous solenoids just look good with this engine?

A "tight" shot of the direct port nozzles

Watching it run in the shop- that'll put a big grin on your face!

My attempt at photographing the color- I guess I'd describe it as being a rich, dark, metallic burgundy.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

MinnGreenGT

11545 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Great color-cordinated interior!

Hehe... he "Tweaked" it!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
$1400 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! UNREAL ..........that's like franklin's from heaven, for crying out loud I spent that on the diff alone .

HOLY HANNAH Rob that camera rocks, why does mine suck so bad ? See you on Sat.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 06-19-2003).]

lowfierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 247
User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2003 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post
Since we are talking 3800 costs.

I'm up there too.

1996 Buick Riv engine with T460E
Custom mounts
Custom Fuel Rails
Adjustable Regulator
LT4 fuel pump
Thrasher Modular Pulley System 2.8 and 3.25
75 shot of NOS ZEX Kit with Nos plate
coated Headers
Borla Exhaust

------------------