Started on: 03-15-2005 11:33 AM
Replies: 60
Last post by: SaLvAgEd on 04-27-2005 08:41 AM
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Update ---The meet will officially begin at 2:30 PM and continue until everybody goes home on Sunday, April 24th. We will meet at the South Overlook just South of the Red Rock dam near Knoxville.

People most likely going so far: Eric, EricW1, Kev, ltspeed, Quasimo1, Race, Salvaged, and tstroud. There is another Kevin, (not a member of this forum), that I have invited who may bring two cars. I still need to talk to another guy who has several Fieros in storage who may be interested.

Map Link

Mileage and Directions Link

I would like to incorporate a drive into this meet this time. Matt, (Salvaged) has informed me that there are some interesting roads to drive on around the lake but they are patrolled regularly so it will not be a speed competition.

We will be making a video of the meet this time. After editing the tape, I plan on sending a CD copy to all who attend or post it on-line so everyone can see it instantly. Either way it will be a fun thing to have around.

If you can attend please check in here in this thread. If it is anything like last year's meet it promises to be a good time.
------------------
1987 Fiero SE

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 04-04-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
Race,

I drive by the greenway road coarse everyday going back and forth to work. There was one time last year where they let an MGB club come in and drive a few laps. Bad thing is, there is probably more grass growing up through the cracks in the pavement than there is pavement. A heavy equipment operational school owns the property now. They actually take better care of it than the previous owners did. The MGB club got to use it for a day because several of the members used to race at the track back when it was open, late sixties-early seventies I think. This track is only 18 miles north of me. I could actually maybe even come.

SaLvAgEd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post
Count me in!
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LAMBO:

Race,

I drive by the greenway road coarse everyday going back and forth to work... Bad thing is, there is probably more grass growing up through the cracks in the pavement than there is pavement. ... I could actually maybe even come.

If it is not in drivable condition maybe we should just do the Red Rock venue.

I would love it if you could attend, the more the better. I will be inviting a friend who has 5 Fieros but is not a part of the forum. He will probably bring his 87 GT 5-speed.

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
count me in also..i should have the car ready..if not i'll be showing up in GTO...

------------------

musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post
I won't know for sure, one way or the other, until it gets closer, but put me in the "interested" list.

I would bet that I can talk my future brother-in-law (Trevors87GT) into going as well...

------------------
Nic

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Like Musicman, put me in the interested class as I think you guys have a knack for scheduling these on my weekends to work, but I won't be positive till this weekend at the earliest. If possible I will be there though.

Dan

www.cfogi.org

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 03-15-2005).]

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to come, but unfortunately for me, I usually work Saturdays. If you end up doing it on the rain date instead, I might be able to come. Would like to meet some of you...others (KEV, Musicman, DanFiero), I already know..

[This message has been edited by litespd (edited 03-15-2005).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
This sounds like fun................but if I don't get a job or something soon I'll be selling a Fiero
tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there.
Trekker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrekkerClick Here to visit Trekker's HomePageSend a Private Message to TrekkerDirect Link to This Post
Like Litespd I usually work on Satudays , but if I CAN......... YES!
PFF
System Bot
tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
If more people need Sundays maybe we should look at that. Sunday would actually be better for me, I should to work until 2:00 PM on Saturday but I could get out of it.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
If more people can show up on Sunday we could change it.

If you can attend on either day or only one please reply with your response.

-Either for me.

SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post
Either day works for me. I'd better hurry & find that oil leak...
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SaLvAgEd:

Either day works for me. I'd better hurry & find that oil leak...

You are actually bringing a Fiero to the meet this time?

Matt, you have a pm.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 03-16-2005).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
It is starting to look like Sunday will be the best day for the meet. SaLvAgEd is checking the area for the best location and we should have the spot nailed down in the next couple of days. We are also looking for a covered area to be an alternate location if it happens to rain that day.

I may not be back on line much for the next two days, but I will check in as often as possible.

LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
I used to spend many-a-summer weekend nights at the South Overlook near the dam. That would definately bring back some memories. This spot has a couple of nice covered shelters, too.
SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LAMBO:
I used to spend many-a-summer weekend nights at the South Overlook near the dam. That would definately bring back some memories. This spot has a couple of nice covered shelters, too.

That's one spot that I have in mind. That would be a great spot. So RACE, looks like 2 votes for south of the dam.

EricW1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EricW1Send a Private Message to EricW1Direct Link to This Post
Sounds good, I will probably be able to come. I am fairly new to Fiero's and could use some new ideas.
SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by EricW1:
Sounds good, I will probably be able to come. I am fairly new to Fiero's and could use some new ideas.

Hey man! Welcome to the madness! What model of Fiero will you be driving?

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to our obsession.

If nobody has any objections Sunday will officially be the day. The final location and rain location will be announced in the next couple of day.

Have a good weekend.

PFF
System Bot
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2005 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
The location will be near the South end of the dam. Matt says that there are a couple of places that would be good. Lets plan on the area called the South Overlook. If we need to move due to the amount of parking available we will relocate to a nearby lot that would be easily found.

Map Link

Mileage Link

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 03-21-2005).]

litespd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2005 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Race, I should be able to make the meet, depending on the weather. Count me as a "probable"... Placing this in my "personal favorites", so I don't forget about it.
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2005 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Well, my shcedule came out and of course it's one of the 2 weekends I work in the six week cycle, so I'll have to miss another one Some day my weekends off and your meets will coincide. Have a great time everyone!!

Dan

LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2005 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
Just to let you guys know, I'm working on the cars so that they can't be used as an excuse for not coming to the lake.

Believe it or not, the only thing that could keep me from coming is good weather. A nice sunny day will mean that we will be very busy at our place of business, making it impossible to get away.

and......a bump to the top

LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2005 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

LAMBO

1677 posts
Member since May 2000
btw, would anyone thats coming to the meet be interested in a set of 4 black lace rims and good tires off of my black car. I'd take $175 for them and deliver them to you at the meet.
tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2005 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
LAMBO, you have a PM.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Eric. Nice talking to you today.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

Bump for Eric. Nice talking to you today.

Hey Race, nice talking to you too , you couldnt have come at a better time, while I was working on a Fiero ..LOL. As always your car looks great ..I'm jealous

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Shamless bump.

The meet is two weeks from Sunday. If you haven't already, dig your car out and get it ready. We would love to see you there.

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2005 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
One week until the meet. I will bump this again next Saturday.
PFF
System Bot
tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
I sure hope the body shop comes through, it has been there for a week and a half. I told him I needed it back for the meet on the 24th. Otherwise I will have to bring the $20.00 special fiero (shivver). I took saturday off for last minute reassembly. (fingers crossed)
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I hope so too. I'm still waiting for my ride.
tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2005 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
I just went to the body shop and the car is not going to be done.
I guess I will bring the $20.00 special.
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2005 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Man, just found out there is a chance I could get part of tomorrow off from work, but I'd need to be back by 3:00.

Oh well, have fun!!!!! Get lots of pictures,

Dan

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2005 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Sunday forcast: Sunny. High in the upper 50s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. No rain.

There will be plenty of photos I will also be making a video and publishing it at my sitesled account.

I can't get there before 2:30 but if others wanted to show up early that is ok.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 04-23-2005).]

litespd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2005 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Race, I've had some things come up, and I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I'm sorry...I was looking forward to meeting all of you. If you guys decide to do something later this Spring or Summer, please let me know...I'd like to attend.
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Well our second Central Iowa Fiero Meet has ended. I will leave it up to Race to post the good pictures Here is a preliminary photo of the Central Iowa Fiero Meet
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.
Anyway, it was fun and not a bad day weather wise.
tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
Cool, My car does not look too bad from that angle.
It was good to see you guys again and to meet the new guys too.
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tstroud:

Cool, My car does not look too bad from that angle.
It was good to see you guys again and to meet the new guys too.

Yeah both our cars look like twins from that angle Cant wait to see your newly painted V8 Fiero.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock