Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  You think a 2.8 isn't worth it? Ohh, it is! (Build thread) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
You think a 2.8 isn't worth it? Ohh, it is! (Build thread) by The Funkmaster
Started on: 01-29-2005 03:17 AM
Replies: 82
Last post by: The Funkmaster on 03-15-2005 08:55 AM
The Funkmaster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Well.

I signed up here a while back, and right away i got a vibe. That vibe was... "When you get enough money, swap out that 2.8 and get a v8/3800/4.9/northstar" et cetera.

I immediately prepared myself for a challenge. Emotionally... physically... religiously.

I like to prove people wrong.

Well, the fruits of my insane labour have shown themselves. Allow me to introduce my shiny new 2.8!

-2.8 v6, bored .030 over.
-SRP JE Forged pistons. Flattops with a CR of 8.5:1.
-Comp cams custom grind, total .440 lift exhaust and intake.
-Comp cams valvegear, including 1.6 roller tip rockers.
-Fully balanced.
-ARP throughout the block, top to bottom.
-Ported exhaust manifolds

That's all I can think of right now for actual engine accessories... as for the other, smaller stuff:
-Rodney Dickman: Trans mounts, exh stud kit, competition short shifter, every bloody bushing... Short shift arm.
-WCF: Engine mount and polished poly dogbone.
-Darrell Morse: Bored out throttle body, Aluminum cradle bushings.
-Kris Munson: Flushmount headlights... and I'll soon order some turn signal covers too!
-Trueleo Intake manifold (Saving up still... so soon!)
-SPEC Stage 3 Clutch/pressure plate (in a week.)
-Sunbird Turbo vents. Thanks to MiZer who gave them to me FREE!

I will soon enter phase ...what phase are we in... Oh, I don't know phases. Next is the part where I throw a turbo kit into the mix. I'm leaning towards KFG and their Fiero turbo kit, but with a larger turbo. I want to push some limits here; see how much boost the engine can take. Perhaps my engine will shatter like an egg! Perhaps not. I do not know these things. If anyone wants to throw an opinion at me regarding turbo selection, I would be grateful.

Oh, by the way. Archie... if you're reading this, check your email. I sent you one a week or so ago... and that should serve as a hint to everyone else as to the direction this car will be taking

I have many pictures, however not all are on the computer yet. The ones that are, are being cranky with PIP. However, rest assured that tomorrow, the day after and for the next few months, you will recieve a steady stream of pretty pictures illustrating my engine being placed lovingly in my car, and some pics of the associated goodies also.

I'm very happy.

------------------

[This message has been edited by The Funkmaster (edited 01-29-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ShaddowGt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaddowGtSend a Private Message to ShaddowGtDirect Link to This Post
hmm, turbo? dennis lagrua is the man to see.

http://www.turbochargerpower.com/turbo.htm

TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
Too bad you couldn't have done a dyno or strip run for a before or after.

Comparisons are usually good reading unless someone starts a rumble.

How much are the potato turbos? I read about one somewhere and it seemed
like it would make a good candidate for the 2.8 but I don't remember all the specs.
It probably wouldn't be very cheap. It's not that compact either, I don't think.
Did you do anything extra to the bottom end? The 2.8 isn't known for having a tough
tushy.

Tg

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't mind seeing a 2.8 with 40 lbs of boost...... Should get you to the 500hp range
The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Shaddow: I talked to Dennis, but he wasn't terribly interested in altering his kit very much, which means I'd be stuck with the smaller turbo. Unfortunate, cause he seems like a really nice guy!

Tenn: I'll be able to run it before I get the turbo onto it, and then again after the turbo, but I hadn't run the car before the build. It would have been fairly slow... here's a list of the problems it had:
-Cracked rear head.
-Cracked lower intake.
-Rear main seal f'in GONE... there's still a half inch of crud in the bellhousing.
-Clutch? Oil soaked.
-That head that was cracked... Did I mention it was from a different car? The valves were all different sizes.
-Almost half of the bolts in the engine were overtorqued, the other half were rusted in. Many snapped during disassembly.
-Valve cover gaskets toasted
-Egr missing
-All of the shift linkage bushings... half inch of play. No good!
-The shifter mount plate in the center console wasn't welded in.

...I think that my quarter mile, if I could find the gears, would have beer rather slow...

Potato turbos? ...I'm totally lost, and now you have made me hungry to boot.

As for the bottom end, I've done pretty much all I can realistically do; balancing, ARP bolts, magnafluxing, new bearings (duh) and telling the builder that I want the bottom end taken extra special care of ...I'm hoping it holds. I see it this way: Stock 2.8 holds 8 pst fairly well. Why shouldn't my well-built 2.8 hold twice that? ...I guess we'll find out, eh!

Ryan: ...I would like 40 psi. However, I dislike the notion of having my cylinders explode like hand grenades inside my block, spewing molten oil and metal through the firewall and into my back.
I would do it, but I would need a lot more money, and some more fun new toys to put in the block!

Got more pics uploaded, but the camera doesn't like to make them jpegs, so PIP can't use em ...I'm working on it.

Steve

dbtk2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dbtk2Send a Private Message to dbtk2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Funkmaster:

Shaddow: I talked to Dennis, but he wasn't terribly interested in altering his kit very much, which means I'd be stuck with the smaller turbo. Unfortunate, cause he seems like a really nice guy!

Potato turbos? ...I'm totally lost, and now you have made me hungry to boot.

Steve

Dennis' kit seems like a great kit from everything I have read on his site about it, and from everything I've seen here about it, but for someone trying to "test the limits" I don't think its what you want. His kit is for someone that drives the car everyday and just wants to go faster, and there is nothing wrong with that, it just isn't what everyone is looking for.

As for the "potato turbos" I'm guessing he is talking about the "disco potato." The disco potato is a nickname that was given to the Garrett GT28RS Turbo. This turbo (and all "GT" series turbos) is dual ball bearing, so it spools really quick, yet it flows enough air for 350+hp, so you get lowend and topend power, which is basically unheard of with turbos.

Here is a link to info on the whole Garrett GT lineup:
http://www.atpturbo.com/root/turboinfo/gtlineup/gtlineup.htm

Shawn

------------------
1990 Dark Red Grand Prix STE McLaren 3.1L Intercooled Turbo
Magnaflow Mufflers, No Cat, K&N Filter, Chip (10psi), 160 Tstat.
14.695 @ 94.49 w/2.228 60'
3100 Topend Swap, Crane H260 Cam, UD Pulley since PB. 13.957 @ 99.34, G-tech
1990 White Cutlass Calais 442, Quad 4 HO/Getrag 282.
FOR SALE: $500

TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for covering me, Shawn. I was fixing to have to go through my mags
to find the article I read about it and clear that up since I mentioned it.
(Coulda Googled it, I guess).

Steve,
I guess a before and after wouldn't have mattered!
Sounds like Homer Hillbilly from Bugtussle, Tn. tried a Redneck Rebuild too!
You never know what you'll run into on some cars.

-Almost half of the bolts in the engine were overtorqued, the other half were rusted in

Yup, Overtorque is redneck blue locktight, rust is "red" locktight ("red" takes months to years to cure properly)

TG

edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

-That head that was cracked... Did I mention it was from a different car? The valves were all different sizes.

In the LBC (Little British Car) community, they have a term: DPO, which means "Dumb Previous Owner". (In extreme cases the D can mean "Dumb@$$" or "Dip$#!t" or "damn" or....) The term applies to any previous owner of a car who does something so illogical or technically wrong as to be beyond explanation or understanding. Such as putting the wrong head with the wrong sized valves onto an engine...tearing out the rear main seal and not replacing it...etc.

I propose we start to use this term in the Fiero community, as well.

Ed

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Yes, DPO is an accurate term. I like it, and will be appropriating it for future use. Now, I have pictures that work, but are too large... -sigh- Umm, they really are very nice pictures, and you will see them soon. I promise. I really think that PIP just doesn't like me!

Oh, yes, the ball bearing (Ceramic!) turbos are what I am interested in. They are nice, to put it simply.

Pics! SOON! As soon as they work! I feel so bad, doing this to you guys. But the suspense will make it all the sweeter...

Steve

spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post
This will be a cool thread to follow. I am too going to rebuild a 2.8 and turbo charge it. Unfortuantly I will be making my own turbo system since I have the turbo and intercooler but no lines or anything. I'm only gonna run like 8 to 10 psi to my setup. but I am not doing this for awhile so I will be able to see what mine could look like.

*Into the favorites folder it goes*

Nick

red85gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red85gtClick Here to visit red85gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to red85gtDirect Link to This Post
My plan involves building a 12:1 racing engine. 3.1 cyl heads sheet metal intake with a big ass carb. Good luck with the turbo.

------------------
85 GT 4 speed 2.8L auto X'er

www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/

[This message has been edited by red85gt (edited 01-30-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post
this gives me new hope for my 2.8. I never thought about a turbo, maby i wont shave the heads after all !
The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Well, got some more work done on the toy today. All the front end accessories are on, lower/middle intake, fuel components, valve covers, pulleys, and so forth. Now I need to save up for my clutch (SPEC st. 3) and I'll be ready to slap it all in the back of the car.

More pics, but they aren't on the computer yet.

It'll probably be about three weeks before the clutch arrives, then we'll be in gear again... hopefully all my mounts will show up by then too.

I'm really hoping to be able to save up enough for the turbo setup by early summer. Should be fun!

Spud: I should be putting an intercooler in as well, so you will be seeing a few similarities...
Thanks for the luck 85... I'll need it, heh
And Boonch: You can make anything go fast, even a 2.8. (It just costs more!) Thus far, I'm 6 thousand in, and maybe halfway through the costs. It's a really expensive project. But it's worth it to turn a few heads and be unique.

Steve

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post

The Funkmaster

1541 posts
Member since Oct 2004
I have pictures, now. Not all, but some. Enjoy!

First of all, we have me! I am standing in the traditional 'we took the engine out' position. You know, the one that everyone always posts just cause it's one of those things that's gotta be done.

Next, we have a distributor. Not just any distributor, but the special "previous owner didn't keep up regular maintenance" distributor. (PODKURM Model #4554013.) The rotating assembly is so rusty that it scrapes rather noisily against the rest of the unit. There was a 16th inch of rust on most of the flat surfaces inside the cap.

The rear brake calipers weren't all that bad, except for the multiple leaks, the fact that they didn't really work all that well, the non-functional e-brake, and the cracked pads. Rather dirty to boot.

I now have a lighted rearview from my old firebird, it was fun to wire in... But it's a neat thing.

A turbo tach, for my turbo install. I have yet to figure out how to make it read the way I want it to; why in hellfire does it have a negative value portion on the scale??? For my Inverse Turbonator?

And finally, the incredible goodies from Rodney Dickman (Well, some of them. I have more.) These are his rebuild bushings, and short shift arm. They are nice! Verry nice.

I will have pics of the block as soon as I get them uploaded... and man is that thing PRETTY!

Steve

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
WOW, that is looking GREAT.

------------------
85GT 4spd MSD Everything, Big Cam and Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Do I detect traces of sarcasm? lol

JEALOUSY!!! hehehehe, you should come take a look at the hardware, the engine wasn't this clean when it came from the factory!

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2005 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post
The negative values are for when the engine is under vacuum, such as part throttle or low rpm operations.

------------------
1992 Lumina Z34 5-speed For Sale, modified(high 13s), or stock
14.78 @ 92.68

1992 Lumina Z34 5-speed
Stock, new crate engine and trannsmission

3.4L TDC V6, getting built to about 430hp at 8000rpm for a 88GT

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AaronZ34:

The negative values are for when the engine is under vacuum, such as part throttle or low rpm operations.

Gotcha. Make sense... though I don't like the look of it. I think I'll modify the gauge and needle to only show positive values (Y'know, just cause I like to make things harder on myself, lol)

blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlDirect Link to This Post
This is going to be a great thread. I plan to turbo my 2.8 instead of the 3.4 TDC. It's still for sale if anyone want's it!
I am going this route for most of the same reasons, and I do not want to deal with swap issues in CA. So i am excited to see this develop. Rodneys short shifter is a great product, really nice. Just check you're install. Either I'm an idiot and installed it wrong, or your looks like it is wrong. I believe the square part goes around where that bigger bolt is. And the part with the 2 screws connects to the linkage I think, or whatever the other part is. Someone verify this.

Great stuff, and keep us posted.

blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlDirect Link to This Post

blkpearl

367 posts
Member since Oct 2004
Yep, I think I'm an idiot (not suprizing). after checking my car it seems like it could actually go either way. mine has been reversed and working great for a year now. But I will switch it around and see if their is any difference. it does not seem like their will be one.
The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post

The instruction sheet that came with the arm said that the hex head screws were on the trans part, and the 'cutout' hole was for the shift linkage. I think the two holes are different sizes, the smaller one fits just perfectly over the shift shaft (lol... shiftshaft ) ...I believe that mine's on right.

Steve

PFF
System Bot
edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
I was all like, WHOA WTF THAT THING REGISTERS A HUNDRED POUNDS OF BOOST!

...and then I saw you were from Canada and it's a metric cluster... ...and felt better. What's it register in, mmHg? That makes a lot more sense than PSI.

Well, as long as I don't get violent, they won't take me away...

Ed

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edhering:

I was all like, WHOA WTF THAT THING REGISTERS A HUNDRED POUNDS OF BOOST!

...and then I saw you were from Canada and it's a metric cluster... ...and felt better. What's it register in, mmHg? That makes a lot more sense than PSI.

Well, as long as I don't get violent, they won't take me away...

Ed

Yeah, there was the special 'High Output' version of the Turbo Sunbird, could run up to 100 psi. It was pretty cool, actually

I have no idea what it reads in. Metric can be weird... I'm still getting used to it. The funny thing is, my car's from Florida... so this gauge will be metric and the rest Imperial... lol...

Now I'm all curious!

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, there was the special 'High Output' version of the Turbo Sunbird, could run up to 100 psi. It was pretty cool, actually

I have no idea what it reads in. Metric can be weird... I'm still getting used to it. The funny thing is, my car's from Florida... so this gauge will be metric and the rest Imperial... lol...

Now I'm all curious!

Your speedo is metric too.

Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to use the stock intake or are you going to fab up a custom ?? It is kool that you are going to do this but if you use the stock intake you wont make any horse power.

Joe Sokol

AKM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AKMClick Here to visit AKM's HomePageSend a Private Message to AKMDirect Link to This Post
100 = 100kPa ~= 14.7 psi = 1 bar

Normal baro would be 14.7 psi (your "0" reference). So the gauge can show you +/- 14.7 psi of boost/vacuum. Looks good.

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:
Your speedo is metric too.

When did MPH become metric? lol... florida car...

Fieroking: You seen the new Trueleo intake? The one that flows a ridiculous amount of air? That's the one I'll be using. It's nice, and it's shiny too!

I stopped by the local wreckers today after work, and got a power mirror setup for 15 bux. Not too shabby! Good shape, too, it appears. I also got a Camaro rear spoiler, I'll be molding that in and selling my stock spoiler. STUPID previous owner (Damn his soul) *Drilled holes in a non-spoiler GT decklid* to mount a spoiler. Gah! I'll be repairing the holes and damage, and figured I had better put something back there to grab some attention after the cho- Whoa! ...Can't give any plans away yet...

I'll be ordering my clutch shortly, and after it and my brackets arrive there will be pics of the install... and the subsequent (If it works that is) test runs.

So... anyone want a good shape GT spoiler?

Steve

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Looks good thus far! Just needs to become a notchie to be perfect

the new Trueleo intake - Is that even in production yet?

------------------
Custom Fiero 2M4 - 3800 Swap Coming Soon?....

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
The new intake has already reached some customers, yes... I'd have one already, but for the fact that I just spent 5k on my new engine. Soon though.

And, as for the notchback statement... Have you ever seen the Purple Pavement Eater? I'm waiting for Archie to get back to me on whether he'd be into doing the same style chop for me.

Steve

Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

When did MPH become metric? lol... florida car...

The white numbers on that speedo are KM/H, the orange are the MPH, it's a metric speedo.

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Ah, but you see my friend, that speedo will not be used I have the stock mph speedo in the car now, and will only be replacing the tach/boost gauge... not the whole cluster.

I misunderstood what you were saying before, sorry.

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Oh, by the way. Archie... if you're reading this, check your email. I sent you one a week or so ago... and that should serve as a hint to everyone else as to the direction this car will be taking

I'm a few days late in noticing this thread.

You may want to resend that EMail. We just completed switching my mail server to a different host & I had a period of several days where my mail was lost.

Thanks

Archie

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Arr! It was a gloriously constructed email, and 'tis a shame that it was lost teh Davy Jones' Locker! Yarr...

I'll send ya a new one. Should be finished writing it in a few minutes... coming to your mailbox soon!

Steve

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post

The Funkmaster

1541 posts
Member since Oct 2004
Email's away. Check it out, Archie! Thanks!

Steve

blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I never got directions on my shifter. But I switched them around today and it did make some difference, but not a whole lot. But hey it helped a little. Nice shifter though, you will like it.

Do a search on Steve Hamm's Turbo 2.8. It dynoed 330hp! Type in Matt Hawkins and then search, archives probably.

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Don't modify the boost gauge. You'll be happy you have the vacuume side. By watching the gauge in vacuume, you know when the boost is going to come on, and you can be better prepared for it. When I had my turbo 2.8, I was much happier with the vac style Auto Meter gauge.

------------------

--1986 SE V6, Wild Custom Notchback --For Sale
--1984 SE Modified Notchback

Disillusion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DisillusionSend a Private Message to DisillusionDirect Link to This Post
Wow. last time I saw that car it was still Daves. All stock and stuff. Looks like you've got your work cut out for you
The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Don't modify the boost gauge. You'll be happy you have the vacuume side. By watching the gauge in vacuume, you know when the boost is going to come on, and you can be better prepared for it. When I had my turbo 2.8, I was much happier with the vac style Auto Meter gauge.

You have a good point...

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post

The Funkmaster

1541 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by Disillusion:

Wow. last time I saw that car it was still Daves. All stock and stuff. Looks like you've got your work cut out for you

Yeah, he left me with a LOT of work to do ...but it is all working out for the better in the end. I am learning all sorts of things about Fieros, and he left me plenty of things to learn about and replace! lol...

Ehh, lesson learned, don't buy a car when the seller has it parked on grass But it's all good. You still see him around? Ask him if there was a front end accident, the hood seems kinda misaligned and tweaked. Just curious, made my flushmount install hell lol

Steve

timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerDirect Link to This Post
i wonder if i should fill my jeep this saturday with all those nice lil parts HA not ...... ill see you and get the gt lights though send me yer # before thursday and ill see you saturday . plus ill drop off or even meet up with zero so i can drop off tylers sails and get the k&n filter . wow so much to do .... so far to travel .
and as a side note ..... i thought i was going to be getting out of custom audio and security i am working with CREATIONZ SPEED AND SOUND in langley installing for them , and i have my own shop in partnership with FIRE451 and another friend our own shop ..... referrals only KINGDOM CUSTOM SECURITY & SOUND . well i guess i like the work well enough to do it with other experienced souls

------------------
modding one day at a time .critique me dont critisize . try to be objective dont troll

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock