Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  NIFE announces GM Prototypes coming to Fierorama 2005! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
NIFE announces GM Prototypes coming to Fierorama 2005! by 87 Pegasus
Started on: 01-26-2005 12:59 PM
Replies: 58
Last post by: dozol on 04-23-2005 05:15 PM
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
To celebrate NIFE's 10th anniversary FIERORAMA in Oak Brook IL on
Sunday September 11th, 2005, GM has agreed to display 5 of their prototype Fieros at FIERORAMA! "We Build Excitement" certainly can be extended to this years show! Thanks to Fred Bartemeyer of Heartland Fieros who convinced GM that this display would promote great PR & goodwill among all car enthusiasts, including Pontiac & GM owners everywhere!

The cars coming to Fierorama 2005 are:
1) 1990 GTA Prototype
2) PPG Pace Car
3) Turbocharged "Porsche Eater"
4) 1984 INDY Pace Car #2
5) First Fiero Ever Built

Those of you that attended the 20th Anniversary celebration in Pontiac MI in 2003 saw these cars on display. Now is your chance to see them again! For those of you who missed out on that opportunity now is your chance to see these very valuable prototype vehicles. Oak Brook, IL is a Western suburb of Chicago, approx. 20 miles West of downtown Chicago. It is easy to get to on the major freeways in the area, and there will be plenty of hotel/motel space in the area. If you are making vacation plans, consider this show a "must see"!

In addition to the GM prototype display, FIERORAMA will be the final
Award show on the Midwest Fiero Clubs "Quest For The Best 85". At 10 Midwest 2005 shows,
MFC judges will pick the Best 'Original'
1985, in their show, then that winner is invited to FIERORAMA 2005 to compete for the Best in the Midwest.
(Last year 7 1984 models competed for the "Best 84" in the Midwest at this show.) More excitement at
FIERORAMA 2005! This is a 1 day show (on a Sunday), with class awards at the end of the
day. We will have a dinner planned for the evening, all to be announced as we put them together.
Hotel/Motel information will be announced as soon as we obtain rates from several hotels in the area.
However, you CAN REGISTER FOR THIS SHOW NOW! Go to NIFE's web site, www.fierofocus.com
for an entry form to mail. Registration is only $20.00! We want this show to be affordable for all who participate.

The website again is www.fierofocus.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
areyou still going to let me test drive them as agreed?
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

areyou still going to let me test drive them as agreed?

Sure for a small fee.

Golden86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Golden86Send a Private Message to Golden86Direct Link to This Post
I GUESS I will come, if I have too...

------------------

YellowRooster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowRoosterSend a Private Message to YellowRoosterDirect Link to This Post
Is that it????

J/K - That is awesome. Well done guys

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
This is great news!!!! Congatualtions to Nife and Fred Bartmeyer for all his hard work in maiking this happen!!! I'll most definitely try and make it possible for me to attend this show!! Also Dave will probably kick my butt if I don't come this year

Again Congrats!!!!

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 01-26-2005).]

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

This is great news!!!! Congatualtions to Nife and Fred Bartmeyer for all his hard work in maiking this happen!!! I'll most definitely try and make it possible for me to attend this show!!

Again Congrats!!!!

Dan

Ya better come Dan! Otherwise we're going to have to beat you over the head with one of those Iowa big weiners.

------------------
Activities Director N.I.F.E.

www.fierofocus.com

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Wow, one hell of a way to show just how big Fierorama has become! It think this year is going to be one of the biggest shows. Last year was my first time and I am now hooked!

GOOD JOB GUYS

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread
MY 88 Northstar build thread

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
That is a great score for this show! I think its great that GM is willing not only to show them as they did in for the 20th, and now are showing that they are willing to travel with the cars to other cities to show them! I may just have to be there!
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm very interesting.... looks like I will have to make a road trip out there in september
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
All right!! Now I can get all those shots I missed when I was at the 20th! Maybe I could slip the GM attendant a $50 and "help" him move the cars

Maybe this time we could wear nametags so we can tell who each other is

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

PFF
System Bot
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Sweet, I'll finally get to see em!
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Please let us know when the cars will be moved into place. I missed that at the 20th, so I never got a look inside the interior, front or rear areas.

Maybe I will redo my dimensioning shots, and take my time. Last time, I was so amped about the car, and worried that someone from GM would stop me, I hurried through them.

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Maybe this time we could wear nametags so we can tell who each other is

Actually we usually do make stick on name tags with Pennocks Fiero Forum on them that you can write your Pennocks name on with black markers we provide at the registration table at Fierorama every year.

------------------

www.fierofocus.com

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, just wondering if its worth the 725 mile trip........

------------------
____________________Marty
The Pearl White GT Build Up

racercub68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racercub68Click Here to visit racercub68's HomePageSend a Private Message to racercub68Direct Link to This Post
Congratulations guys on the coup!

Can I bring my SLK350? We can put a sign on it "This is my daily driver. My Fiero is home safe in the garage." If I do show up, you know we'll be giving out the $100 cash award again.

Well, maybe I'll be delivering my '88 Red GT (T-Top 5-Speed) to Paul then, if he buys it. ;-)

I don't think the old Yellow '88 GT (Sunroof, Auto) is in the kinda shape to make the drive back to Oak Brook from Miami Beach. Bubbles is an old and tired bird. Well used! (Bubbles: What else would you name a blonde from LA?)

I really miss Fierorama. I remember the first time we were planning it in Jim's Apartment. Jim, Paul and Rich have never missed a single one, have they? Time has hazed over all the work and any arguments that might have occured. Now it's aglow as pure golden fun!

I also miss the attitude. The car shows down here are just not that friendly and fun. The term "cut throat bitches" could describe some of the people at the shows down here.

Byron

[This message has been edited by racercub68 (edited 01-26-2005).]

87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by achawkins:

Hmmm, just wondering if its worth the 725 mile trip........

It will be worth it trust us on this one...How many times can you say you saw the prototypes in person and not on the computer screen.........you could also get the award for furthest milage to the show you never know... It will be worth it.

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Fred rawks! And NIFE too. Wish I could go.

A little advice: get up early and be there when they drive them off the truck! It's great to hear them run.

MDFierolvr

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrDirect Link to This Post
I have been wanting to see the gta prototype ever since I heard of it..... I can't wait. I know what I will be doing on sept. 11 this year.

------------------
86' SE packing the 3.4L

Long Live BUCKEYE LIFE

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MDFierolvr:

I have been wanting to see the gta prototype ever since I heard of it..... I can't wait. I know what I will be doing on sept. 11 this year.

I had picks posted of it to just show how cool this car was, but had someone tell me it wasn't right to do so I have removed it. I was looking forward to going this year, N.I.F.E. did go out of there way to put on a good show for all, so I wish those of you from NIFE that I know good luck with the show!

[This message has been edited by GSXRBOBBY (edited 01-26-2005).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

GSXRBOBBY

3122 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Good Luck with the show!
------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread

[This message has been edited by GSXRBOBBY (edited 01-26-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GSXRBOBBY:

Pictures say a 1000 words but seeing them inperson is another thing... Like me i was not able to make it to the 20th in 2003 so this was a chance to get the cars down here to one of the biggest midwest shows of the year. Now that they are coming, to see them in person will be very impressive. I can not wait...

like we said earlier this was a chance for people to see the cars again but than also for those who were not able to make it the 20th to see them for the first time...Thanks to Fred and the board we were able to make this happen.

Clint

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClintClick Here to visit Clint's HomePageSend a Private Message to ClintDirect Link to This Post
No 4-seater?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Clint:

No 4-seater?

I uploaded all my pictures of the prototypes from the 20th, including the 90 and the 4 seater. Go here:

4 seater

90 wide shots

Details

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 01-26-2005).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2005 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
I didn't get many pictures of the stretch that others haven't done better. This is one that I liked:

JazzMan

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
For all of you that want to see the GM cars we really hope you'll come and see them in person. Pictures just aren't even close to being able to see them in person. There's just tons of details that you can't really appreciate in pics like you can in person.
Getting these cars to the show is a big thing and it would be very good if GM sees a big interest in these cars at our show. If you're sitting there thinking that you've already seen them at the 20th or that you've seen them now on the screen here I would hope you'll still consider coming to the show to see them in person and show GM there's still a real interest in these special cars. Besides, we'll have more than just the GM cars going on.

------------------

www.fierofocus.com

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
This is great! I am glad you guys were able to work it out to get the cars on display.
(Still think Dave G buying the pizza's would be great too )
I already registered for the show. What other activities are being planned?
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Thats all you guys wanted to tell us? Who wants to see those old cars? (sarcasm for those who cant figure that out)

Now that I've seen all the pictures I dont have to come. Thanks guys, nice job.

TheSoloDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheSoloDriverSend a Private Message to TheSoloDriverDirect Link to This Post
Kick @ss!!!! I will so be there. By that time I will have my V8 Fiero done. I'm so happy!

:does happy dance:

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
SORRY Dave hope this fixes things?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread

PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

SORRY Dave hope this fixes things?

Christ, why dont you just cry about it? Are you taking acting classes? I asked because you're good at this whole Drama thing.

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 01-26-2005).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Gunsul:

For all of you that want to see the GM cars we really hope you'll come and see them in person. Pictures just aren't even close to being able to see them in person. There's just tons of details that you can't really appreciate in pics like you can in person.
Getting these cars to the show is a big thing and it would be very good if GM sees a big interest in these cars at our show. If you're sitting there thinking that you've already seen them at the 20th or that you've seen them now on the screen here I would hope you'll still consider coming to the show to see them in person and show GM there's still a real interest in these special cars. Besides, we'll have more than just the GM cars going on.

I've seen them in person once, and have dozens of pictures, but I'm looking forward to the opportunity to see them again - live and in person. I would encourage everyone to do the same.

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Christ, why dont you just cry about it? Are you taking acting classes? I asked because you're good at this whole Drama thing.

Listen! I was a big fan of Fierorama so I posted a few pictures of 1 of the 5 cars to help promote the show and I got nothing but crap for it. This forum has new members everyday so I posted a few pictures to help show this year is going to be a hell of a show! I didn't do it to take away from the show I was just helping pump up everyone and now I have him sending me P.M.'s and you starting things?

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Listen! I was a big fan of Fierorama so I posted a few pictures of 1 of the 5 cars to help promote the show and I got nothing but crap for it. This forum has new members everyday so I posted a few pictures to help show this year is going to be a hell of a show! I didn't do it to take away from the show I was just helping pump up everyone and now I have him sending me P.M.'s and you starting things?

Hey, I'm not starting things, just joining in. You are implying that Dave insulted you and thats causing you to not go to the show. I think in a way you're trying to make Dave look bad, and in the process are becoming a HUGE Drama Queen. I guess you cant take constructive criticism?

Taking it to PM's. Lets not ruin this thread.

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 01-27-2005).]

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

I sent you ONE PM and I was very civil; I started with "I don't mean this as a flame but"
then, in the last sentence I said "I'm sure you were only intending to be helpful" Did ya miss those parts?? YOU then sent me two PMs raving and then went on three times now in this thread. Fieromaster is exactly right, you are trying to make me look like a bad guy and you ARE a drama queen. I thought you flew off the handle with the Archie brake deal but this is rediculous. All I did was ask you a question and the absolute worst thing I said in that whole PM was "I know you were probably trying to be helpful to a forum member but I wish you'd think about things before you post them." If that's "giving you all kinds of crap" then you need a psychiatrist because you have a persecution complex!

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Gunsul:

I sent you ONE PM and I was very civil; I started with "I don't mean this as a flame but"
then, in the last sentence I said "I'm sure you were only intending to be helpful" Did ya miss those parts?? YOU then sent me two PMs raving and then went on three times now in this thread. Fieromaster is exactly right, you are trying to make me look like a bad guy and you ARE a drama queen. I thought you flew off the handle with the Archie brake deal but this is rediculous. All I did was ask you a question and the absolute worst thing I said in that whole PM was "I know you were probably trying to be helpful to a forum member but I wish you'd think about things before you post them." If that's "giving you all kinds of crap" then you need a psychiatrist because you have a persecution complex!

You guys I am going to say this one more time!
I got the PM from Dave, I removed the pictures, I am tring to let it go even though I have you guys calling me names! So.....good luck with the show! Last year was nice, one of the best shows I have seen.

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

GSXRBOBBY

3122 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by fierobear:

I've seen them in person once, and have dozens of pictures, but I'm looking forward to the opportunity to see them again - live and in person. I would encourage everyone to do the same.

I was doing the same or so I thought! Plus again I loved last years show and was looking forward to this years show. They did go out of there way to make this years better. My thought was to help show that...sorry guys and again good luck!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

I was doing the same or so I thought! Plus again I loved last years show and was looking forward to this years show. They did go out of there way to make this years better. My thought was to help show that...sorry guys and again good luck!

Didn't you just say something about letting it drop and here you are going on about it AGAIN??

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
How about good luck David?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C