Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  My Mexican Fiero Adventure Begins!! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
My Mexican Fiero Adventure Begins!! by cadero2dmax
Started on: 01-10-2005 07:50 AM
Replies: 74
Last post by: roys88fiero on 03-16-2005 09:44 PM
cadero2dmax

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post
I am leaving in a few moments to pull my empty trailer down to Guadalajara, Mexico to pick up a Fiero. I will then haul the car back through Laredo (and customs) en route to Archie's. This will be the first haul I have made into interior Mexico, although I have done hauls to/from Canada before. Not quite the same, I am afraid. And BTW - - I don't speak Spanish - -.

Trust me, I will make little $ on this trip after the cost of permits, Mexican insurance, tourist card, tolls (both in Mexico and the U.S. - Oklahoma and the Chicago area to be exact), and fuel. Don't forget the cost of dead-heading from Tulsa to Guadalajara, and also from Archie's back home (anybody got a car they need hauled south or west from Chicago?). I took the load only because the adventure intrigued me.

I will chronicle the trip on my laptop daily, and post a couple updates as I can. If you don't hear from me within a few days, call the American embassy or something

In the interim, wish me luck.

G

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I want to know the Fiero you are going to pick up.

Please let me know! If it is a 86 black coupe, 5-speed, and something done to it's top, I will be very surprised.

Would like to explain more, but it is a long story!

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget the pepto
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
If Ft. Worth is in the way, LMK! Lunch/Supper/Breakfast is on me!
skitime

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like an exciting Fiero trip. Is there something special about the Mexican Fiero to go through all this trouble or was it just priced right if I may ask. I will looking forward to reading about your adventure.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad he got in touch with you. At first I was afraid it was a joke until he pm'd me. Too bad you can't roll into CA and pick up my Redux. Have a safe trip.
RTNmsds

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post
George,

Have a safe trip. Hopefully, you'll have email with you on the trip so we can communicate. We're on for you to move Pat's car over here to SC when you get back. Let me know, and remember... "don't drink the water"

Bob

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Sounds like an exciting Fiero trip. Is there something special about the Mexican Fiero to go through all this trouble or was it just priced right if I may ask.

I'm pretty sure George is just taking it to Archie for a chop

------------------

Ales

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlesSend a Private Message to AlesDirect Link to This Post
Hi Geroge,

Its going to be great, Im happy that you are going to come to pick up my car, btw its an 85 GT v6 that its going to receive a Corvette LT1 Crate engine transplant , George I know that you dont speak spanish, thats why Im going to call you several times a day while youre on the highway so we can be in touch and you feel not so lonely , The time from Laredo to Guadalajara its like 10 hours straight drive, so we are going to be in touch all the time and waiting for you on tuesday night so we can have a nice Mexican dinner made by my wife and talk about Fieros and all this stuff, this its going to be fun, and if you are not in a hurry to go back to the US, and if you are willing to spend some days in here, we can show you around and have a nice time in Mexico.

Skitime .- Probably it was the Mexican food that finaly convinced him , who can resist a good Mexican meal ???

P.S. Have a safe trip.

See you soon ...
Ales

Edited for spelling...

[This message has been edited by Ales (edited 01-10-2005).]

Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianDirect Link to This Post
Ales, you're a lucky man. George is a great guy and a joy to work with.

George, you're pretty lucky too. I envy you that proper Mexican meal!

Cheers.

------------------
Dowdian
Chopped up, broken down, bashed in 88 GT that I love dearly.

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a fun little vacation... "Enjoy the drive!"
PFF
System Bot
slickrick2000

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Direct Link to This Post
Not much better than an authentic mexican meal....Ummmmm

I used to go down into baja quite a bit during the Baja 1000.

Drink bottled water, no ice cubes. I think thats what got me once.

Not sure what it's like on that side of the country but there are some really nice and beautiful places down on the Baja side.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

I'm pretty sure George is just taking it to Archie for a chop

Wouldn't be the FIRST chop he has hauled, eh, DL10??

------------------

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Wow !!, now that sounds like a exiciting trip I know Archie will do a great job.

------------------
Norm Vandermee

trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2005 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Please let me know! If it is a 86 black coupe, 5-speed, and something done to it's top, I will be very surprised.

sounds interesting. spit it out.

------------------
88 fiero coupe. 2.8/5 spd (last driven sept 02)
90 eclipse. 4g63t, the replacement for displacement

Ales

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2005 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlesSend a Private Message to AlesDirect Link to This Post

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know all that George its driving right now on Mexican wighways, I have called him several times today, and hes OK, he did had a little trouble at the border, but he resolved it quickly (I will let him tell you about it) and at around 12 noon, he was already driving towards Guadalajara, he should be arriving late at night today to Guadalajara, so he can probably update this until tomorrow.

P.S. So, Dont call the American Embassy yet ...

Greetings
Ales

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2005 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trigger:

sounds interesting. spit it out.

Just have to say that I lost a Fiero over there back some years ago. Nothing illegal or anything. But what an Adventure I had over there.

cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post
Nope, it´s a silver 85GT

G

Originally posted by Wichita:

Jaei Sun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaei SunSend a Private Message to Jaei SunDirect Link to This Post
Si!
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Too bad he's not coming back through Cd Juarez......Would be fun to meet a fellow PFF member for dinner and drinks at Barrigas.....

Sounds like it's gonna be a VERY fun trip. Mexico is a blast to travel through, as long as you take the normal precautions.

cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post
Well, Ales has pretty much brought everybody up to speed to this point..

I had trouble getting the trailer OK´d (pun intended) because Oklahoma doesn´t have trailer registration. At least it is optional in that state. I chose to get permanent, non-expiring plates on the trailer. The authorities needed some form of registration, with my name and the serial number of the trailer - - period!

So I dug around and finally found a receipt from 1996 when I purchased the non-expiring plates (good thing I never clean out my glovebox ). It had both my name and the plate number on it, that satisfied the Mexican authorities, and off we went.

I gotta tell you, this has been an experience! I speak no Espanol, and found nobody beyond the border that spoke Englais. Thank God for audio books, and Ales´s calls. The roads (even the toll roads) are not that good. I kicked something up with my truck tires, and cut the aluminum on my trailer. Since I did sheet metal work when I was a mechanic with American Airlines, I will bet I can put a doubler on there that will do quite nicely. In the interim, 100mph tape will have to keep the water out.

I also popped every rivet on the front of my trailer. Now, that too is a simple repair, simply use the next size larger pop rivet. But I gotta tell you, that trailer has been a quarter million miles, and I might pop a rivet here and there on rough roads. But I have never experienced the entire front of the trailer popping rivets (where the fiberglass front sloping cap meets the aluminum)!

These roads are rough and narrow. Oh, and at night the signs aren´t illuminated well, try navigating with unlit signs in a language that is foreign to you! Plus, at night you have to be especially watchful for animals, even people in the middle of the road.

Oh, and I thank God that Dodge puts both kmph and mph on their speedo. You get on the toll roads and see 110 - - well, what would you think to do (110km is about 65mph or so). Most of the time was 80 or 100km speed limits.

I will load up Ales´s car and head back in the morning. My cel works in only some of the areas between here and Laredo, and I can´t seem to figure out how to go on-line with it here in-country. Maybe tomorrow night, Thurs for sure I will send an update. In the interim, trust that Ales is showing me a good time, and his wife is feeding me well.

G

PFF
System Bot
cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

If Ft. Worth is in the way, LMK! Lunch/Supper/Breakfast is on me!

Wow - I went right through Ft Worth at about dinner time on Monday.

It will be late Friday on the way back, but I need to push it on home that same evening. However (as you can tell) since I retired I am getting around all over the place. PM me with your phone, and I will make it a point to call the next time I get headed that way (and that may be as soon as the week after next - I need to get to Abeline to look at a truck).

Besides, I have a little project working that I want to discuss - - I think John may have mentioned something?

G

cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post

cadero2dmax

1266 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Too bad he's not coming back through Cd Juarez......Would be fun to meet a fellow PFF member for dinner and drinks at Barrigas.....

Sounds like it's gonna be a VERY fun trip. Mexico is a blast to travel through, as long as you take the normal precautions.

I graduated from High School (a couple eons ago) in Deming, NM - - my Dad still lives there. I was through El Paso the week before Xmas driving my truck/trailer. Then we flew in to El Paso last week, and rented a car to take Dad home from our family Xmas in CO. I flew back out that same evening.

Anyway, I get to El Paso a LOT!

Might even try to work a weekend of Fiero fun at Arroyo Seco sometime in the future.

G

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cadero2dmax:

I graduated from High School (a couple eons ago) in Deming, NM - - my Dad still lives there. I was through El Paso the week before Xmas driving my truck/trailer. Then we flew in to El Paso last week, and rented a car to take Dad home from our family Xmas in CO. I flew back out that same evening.

Anyway, I get to El Paso a LOT!

Might even try to work a weekend of Fiero fun at Arroyo Seco sometime in the future.

G

Wow! Small world. Drop me a PM next time you're heading through EP and we'll sample some of the local cuisine.

Been through Deming a million times.....gotta make it up for the Duck Races one of these days.

Oh, and next time you need to rent a car here drop me a PM. I'm a manager at one of the car rental agencies at the airport, and I'll make sure you're treated right.

Enjoy the trip through Mexico.......Bien Viaje!! Ahora, usted puede aprende espanol!

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
(Don't mean to hijack the thread, but) I lived in El Paso 90-93. Do they still have that burger place, Silver Streak? They had the BEST hamburgers in the world!!

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

(Don't mean to hijack the thread, but) I lived in El Paso 90-93. Do they still have that burger place, Silver Streak? They had the BEST hamburgers in the world!!

Unfortunately, no, they all closed down in the late 90's. They had the best burgers anywhere, and they actually had HOT green chilis. The Chili cheese fries were the best artery cloggers I've ever had.

The silver streak on Montana was torn down and they built a Sonic. The one on Dyer was torn down and they built a Peter Piper Pizza. I live in Northeast and work at the airport, so I miss both of them.

We do still have Chicos Tacos though, so if you're ever in town, drop me a PM. Everybody badmouths chicos, and yet you can never find a place to park. Chicos green sauce should be labeled "laxative" and sold in pharmacies!

Ales

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlesSend a Private Message to AlesDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

As an update, George Ryan has left my home driving back to the US today at 10:00 am, carrying inside his trailer my Fiero that its going to Archie's site for an LT1 engine transplant , I just hope that everything works out in the border with the US customs, George has now already all the documents that he is probably going to need to cross the border with my car in his trailer, lets keep the fingers crossed, Im happy to know that he had a good time here with us.

Thanks a lot for coming such a long way to pick up my car ...

P.S. I will call you while you are driving in Mexico, just to know that everything its OK.

Have a safe trip George.
Ales

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
I demand pictures!
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Yes, via con Dios, George! and don't blow any trailer tires between Mexico and Illinois

I did get an email from John, and I am all over that... if we can get the numbers to pull it off!

And PM'ing you my new home TN.

Travel safe.

Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
ROADTRIP!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH lol.

On your way to Chicago, if you wanna pass through St Louis and meet the huge group of Fiero owners here(and nearby, as i've learned there is lots of Fiero owners near me ) I'm sure some people are free to do lunch & talk Fieros lol. Safe trip and have fun man.

caddyrocket

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for caddyrocketSend a Private Message to caddyrocketDirect Link to This Post
That, ladies and gentlemen, is a road trip!!! Let us know when you hit Tulsa. Well have to get a 'club' meeting together just to hear the stories!
PFF
System Bot
cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post
Well, I am back home in Tulsa, will rest the weekend and head up to Chicago Monday, (returning Tuesday). Maybe I can have dinner in St. Louis with the Fiero nuts in that area on Tuesday evening on the way back??

I have taken notes all during this trip so I won't lose some of my thoughts, but for now just want to share this one experience. Not that I mind - - as a matter of fact I am grateful for the security efforts in both Mexico and the U.S.. But suffice to say I have become acquainted with several dogs, the Federales (Mexican highway patrol), Mexican military, both Mexican and U.S. Customs, and Border Patrol in the past 48 hours!!

I was not stopped at any time going down to Guadalajara. But the return trip - -?? First, I missed seeing (or interpreting) a sign going through a small town an hour or so north of Guadalajara. I guess I either blew through a construction zone or past an accident - wasn't to clear why the Federales stopped me except he told me that I went through that town way too fast. After talking for some 15 or 20 minutes (the Federales officer spoke a little Englais) he helped me change some dolares for pesos (I was running low on pesos by now) and let me go on with no further action. Later I learned I was probably pretty lucky!!

I was also stopped 3 times by armed military. They set up impromptu roadblocks all throughout Mexico, and search for contraband - drugs, explosives, etc. They are in one spot for a few hours, then move their tent and equipment elsewhere. Part of the Homeland Security type thing, they told me. And the searches are very thorough, I might add!

What an experience at customs - I had only slight problems on the Mexican side (mostly with my documents) but the U.S. Customs was something else. I had 6 customs officers crawling all over my truck, in my camper, through the trailer, and in Ales' car. They crawled under both the truck and trailer with flashlights and banged the bottom of both with a nightstick (to see if I had a false bottom on either, I guess).

Then, after all that, they brought the dogs over to visit!! And all the while, they were interested in the Fiero (you know, the "I used to have one" conversation). I was with U.S. Customs and Homeland Security for 3 hours before they cleared me to go - - -

Then just 15 miles up the road (15 mile marker on I-35) there was a Border Patrol inspection station, and it was the dogs and a thorough search one last time.

I slept soundly last night knowing that we are so well protected.

G

[This message has been edited by cadero2dmax (edited 01-15-2005).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ales:

As an update, George Ryan has left my home driving back to the US today at 10:00 am, carrying inside his trailer my Fiero that its going to Archie's site for an LT1 engine transplant Ales

Ales, Congratulations for making the decision to send your car to Archie. It reminds me of my road trip last summer to Archie's Place. People thought I was crazy for dragging my car 1500 miles, in my case, to have the roof lowered. By the way, I highly recommend you consider that procedure while the car is up there.

And George be glad you don't live in Texas where my little open bed trailer costs $68 a year to register...That's more than the price for the truck pulling it!

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

Ales

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlesSend a Private Message to AlesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I demand pictures!

Hi Ryan,

I do have several pictures of this adventure, some good pictures, and some funny ones, but the pictures where taken with a film camera, so I just have to reveal the film and then I will post the pictures in this thread.

Greetings ...
Ales

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ales:
Hi Ryan,

I do have several pictures of this adventure, some good pictures, and some funny ones, but the pictures where taken with a film camera, so I just have to reveal the film and then I will post the pictures in this thread.

Greetings ...
Ales

Awesome! Can't wait! I hope George got some pics of the customs inspections

cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Awesome! Can't wait! I hope George got some pics of the customs inspections

I did not bring any of my cameras (nor radar detector, nor GPS, nor any other item that could cause me problems going through customs). The more you take with you, the more that could be subject to declaration. If you forget to declare something (easy to do), you are in trouble.

Besides - I was too busy answering questions. And opening/closing doors, hoods, and trunks in both Ales' Fiero and my truck.

In the trailer, opening both the front and rear doors, every drawer and cranny in the tool boxes. They took creepers under the trailer and used a nightstick to tap the floor, they pulled the cap on the trailer out (where it popped the rivets) and used a mirror to check inside there. They had me remove the tape I put across the cut in the aluminum and looked in there.

And in the camper - they looked through every cabinet, drawer, and they even looked in the porta-potti (ugh, what a job!). They checked my luggage - everything! I mean, these guys were pretty thorough. I would not have had the opportunity at that time of the night to photo anything, anyway.

The DID have some good looking dogs, though! One even reminded me of my first wife - -

G

[This message has been edited by cadero2dmax (edited 01-15-2005).]

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Man.....what a great adventure. Glad you're back home safe and sound.
cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

You have a PM

cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2005 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post
Well, I am in the Chicago suburbs now, but I am going to grab a motel room (it's too cold to stay in the camper) and deliver Ales' Fiero to Archie tomorrow morning. After I get home, I will abridge my notes and write a final summation of the trip.

Ales' has said he would be posting some photos, can't wait to see what he has (except for the sarape and sombrero snapshot - - I KNOW about that one).

G

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2005 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Well George has been here and gone.

He got here just after 5pm local time. It seems he shut his truck off last night while staying at a Hotel South of Chicago.

He spent most of the day today in a truck repair place in Pontiac, IL being serviced for his Fuel jelling.

He was here for about an hour while we unloaded the car and reloaded him with a load I needed sent to Casper WY.

From there he will go to Denver to have his son help him work on the truck a little. Then he says he's going home for a day.

Here is George unstraping the car.......... I'll bet this is as cold as that car has ever been.

& here is the crate about to leave for WY.

More tomorrow.

Archie

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock