Daytona 2005 by SCF [Dragon]
Started on: 11-22-2004 06:39 AM
Replies: 98
Last post by: Dowdian on 03-18-2005 05:06 PM
Tom Corey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

Blast you - I had to shovel about 4" of snow out of the driveway today.

Snow? What is "4" of snow?" Does not compute!

IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
... I have been to more than one event where people were disappointed that I brought the "wrong" car. I prefer to show a completed car which is why I don't want to bring #14 to Daytona.

Oh the trials and tribulations of owning more than one Show Fiero...

Well, I hate to quote myself...but I have registered my Number 2 car in the Daily Driver Custom Fastback and I will be at Daytona. I hope too many people are not disappointed that Chop Top #14 will not be there this year, but it is next season's show car. With any luck it will be ready in the fall.

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!!

This does not belong on page 5!!!!

------------------
4.9 Caddy ON CRADLE in Garage! Car in Driveway! ACK!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.org

Proud Member and founder of the DOWN SOUTH SUNNY WINTER PICK ON SNOW PEOPLE COALITION!

SCF [Dragon]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCF [Dragon]Click Here to visit SCF [Dragon]'s HomePageSend a Private Message to SCF [Dragon]Direct Link to This Post
Time has come that we can not accept anymore registrations via the mail. We do not have the time to process the paperwork and then get it sent to Daytona, and the track pass forwarded out from there. Also, the shirt order has been sent in that has come to a dead end.

Thanks

Frank

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2005 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Sent my papers in last week or so. Do I get a card in the mail back? I got a confirm email a few days ago.
On another note, I got my Lumbar replacments finished up today. Only got to get my 1/4 windows ordered and tint.
paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2005 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
12 days, 15 hours, 59 minutes & 59 seconds but who's counting?
SCF [Dragon]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2005 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCF [Dragon]Click Here to visit SCF [Dragon]'s HomePageSend a Private Message to SCF [Dragon]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NorthFloridaFiero:

Sent my papers in last week or so. Do I get a card in the mail back? I got a confirm email a few days ago.
On another note, I got my Lumbar replacments finished up today. Only got to get my 1/4 windows ordered and tint.

You should recieve a yellow card from th Daytona Racing District in the near future. If you do not get one through the mail on the Monday before the show send a message to dragon@spacecoastfieros.com

Frank

SCF [Dragon]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCF [Dragon]Click Here to visit SCF [Dragon]'s HomePageSend a Private Message to SCF [Dragon]Direct Link to This Post
Here is the Lighthouse Restauant at the south end of the island we are staying at
so those in town Friday afternoon with time

12:00

FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post
My unofficial update:

Got the laptops set up and networked last night.
Car Show program has been compiled and installed on the Laptops.
Discovered that there is no parallel port on these laptops, so I need to get a USB printer cable.
Charging extra car battery to power Laptops at the track.
Got a projector just in case we need it.
Got extension cord
Got power strip
Got extra Laptop for Frank

I believe I'm ready for registration and judging.

I'll be there sometime on Thursday. Don't know if I'll be there for lunch, but save me a seat at dinner.

-FieroLinks

FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post

FieroLinks

397 posts
Member since May 2002

Don't forget to bring your Yellow Cards.

Just a reminder for all of you getting ready to leave for the show.

Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianDirect Link to This Post
I'm here! Room 724.

(It's St Pat's and I coud use a Guinness. ;-)

------------------
Dowdian
Chopped up, loaded down, bashed in 88 GT that I love dearly.

PFF
System Bot
paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dowdian:

I'm here! Room 724.

Do the rooms have high speed network connections? I guess I'll find out in 17 hours, 18 minutes and 20 seconds

[This message has been edited by paulcal (edited 03-17-2005).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dowdian:

I'm here! Room 724.

(It's St Pat's and I coud use a Guinness. ;-)

Ok, keep us posted on what's going on down there.

We expect a report every hour

post pics too!!!!!!!!

BTW, has anyone seen your car yet?

Archie

Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paulcal:

Do the rooms have high speed network connections? I guess I'll find out in 17 hours, 18 minutes and 20 seconds

Network connection, yes. High speed...kinda.

Originally posted by Archie:

Ok, keep us posted on what's going on down there.

We expect a report every hour

post pics too!!!!!!!!

BTW, has anyone seen your car yet?

Archie

Every hour??? They don't have a wireless connection at the only bar in town that serves Guinness, so I guess I'm a bit late.

Pic's??? You don't want to see what I have pictures of so far!

My car??? Only the guy at the gas station on my way in to town. Hey seemed to dig it. ;-)

Oh, and by the way Archie, Thanks! If it weren't for the hard work that you and your crew did I'd still be in NC.

Cheers.
Dowdian

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I'm here in Room 819.

Curley and I couldn't hook up because he got snowed out somewhere out in NM I think. He should be here late Friday

But at least there are two chop tops in town. I was delayed for several hours, when a tire blew out on my trailer. Luckily no one as hurt and I carry a spare but I went on a search for a new spare, (remember I always carry a spare).

Since I have vary little paint to shine I have maximum time to socialize, look for the guy in the Fiero shirt

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

carolinajoe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carolinajoeClick Here to visit carolinajoe's HomePageSend a Private Message to carolinajoeDirect Link to This Post
Ok all you Floridians & (Southerners), we better bring jackets, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
gonna be cold. We are leaving at 6 A.M.

6am

46°F

Feels Like
46°F
9am

56°F

Feels Like
55°F
12pm

66°F

Feels Like
66°F
3pm

68°F

Feels Like
68°F
6pm

62°F

Feels Like
62°F
9pm

58°F

Feels Like
58°F

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Alllright !

Hey Jscott and Dowdian, glad to see you guys made it safe and sound ! Not gonna make it out myself until Saturday.

I will be the guy drooling all over your cars,.. hehehe.

Jscott that blow out could have been a disaster. Glad everything worked out.

I hope curly makes it thru the snow ok. See you guys on Saturday !!

carolinajoe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carolinajoeClick Here to visit carolinajoe's HomePageSend a Private Message to carolinajoeDirect Link to This Post
Well wife this morning says why are we getting up so early to go, why not just go this
afternoon and spend the night.
So we will be leaving around noon.
(I Love my Wife)
Is there going to be any cruising and if so where and when.
I will be dropping by the Hotel after we get settled in.
I did call the Holiday Inn and of course they are booked-up,
so I am thinking maybe the Ramada next to the Speedway.
Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianDirect Link to This Post
Update from down south...

I woke up a bit late this morning. As I mentioned before, yesterday was St Pat's and for those who don't know, I take great pride in my Irish heratage . Once I got out and about, I headed downstairs to the garage to see what was going on. I hung out there with Norm (not sure what his UserName is here) and JScott for a while chatting about Fieros . Around noon I headed down to the south end of the island for lunch at the Lighthouse Restaurant. The food was great, the service was great and there were about 20 people there all sitting around chatting about Fieros . After lunch I decided to take a little trip toward the north end of the island to see what I could see. Man this place is beautiful! Once I got beyond all the hotels and such the road bumps right up against the beach for miles. After I got back, I got Sharona and my self registered for tomorrow, picked up my goodie bag and spent some time chatting (yet again) about Fiero's .

That's it so far. My next step is to figure out what to do about dinner.

I took a couple of pictures on my jaunt today. Here's one from the south end, close to the lighthouse:

and another from the north end:

Cheers,
Dowdian

[This message has been edited by Dowdian (edited 03-18-2005).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave