Started on: 11-22-2004 06:39 AM
Replies: 98
Last post by: Dowdian on 03-18-2005 05:06 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys,

Been off line for a while. Yes, as Archie said, I keep my trailer on the east side of the track. I think it's gate 25.

The past few years, I've left both the trailer & Fiero at the track overnight and taken the Suburban to & from the hotel.

Anyone needing a ride over in the morning is more than welcome to go over with me. The Suburban seats 9. I plan to head over as soon as the track opens.

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Oh, yeah, I forgot.......

There are some people that leave their trailer & show car at the track and drive their tow vehicle to the hotel.

Some leave their cars at the track so they'll be perfectly clean for the show.

Some of us leave the truck & trailer at the show & drive the Fiero to the Hotel.

One guy who is always great about helping out is Blue, he's carried my bags either to the Hotel or back to the track more than once.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-16-2004).]

Dragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Oh, yeah, I forgot.......

Others' leave their cars at the track because they don't want to put the extra miles on the car. They want to keep their cars in pristine, stock, factory new condition so that when I get those cars, they will be perfect for a big SBC engine, Integrated Rocker panels, a chop top & custom interior. ................... Right Blue?

Archie

I've been waiting on that - it's overdue

------------------
Frank

1986 GT - & - 1987 5 Speed Lowered
Signiture By Reality

1988 GT - T-Top
87 Coupe - Tilt Front End in Progress
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
I thought this would be a good time to bring this out of the freezer based on weather conditions up north

------------------
Frank

[IMG]//images.fiero.nl/pffimages/wh 7 dragon.jpg[/IMG]
Signiture By Reality

1988 GT - T-Top
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
I cant wait. I'm not sure about my occomodations yet. I have a relative that lives in merrit island, i may stay with him
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I made my hotel reservations

Frank; Where can I get the registration sheet?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Alex4mula, which car you bringing ? Is your swap going to be done in time ?

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

I made my hotel reservations

Frank; Where can I get the registration sheet?

Alex

It's on it's way to

If anyone else needs one drop me a line

------------------
Frank

[IMG]http://spacecoastfieros.com/wh 7 dragon.jpg[/IMG]
Signiture By Reality

1988 GT - T-Top
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if I am going to head to the show this year or not...the past year has been a busy one for me, and I have my 3800 project car dismantled, but have not touched it otherwise. I will put registration off until the last minute again this year.

------------------
--Dillon

Green 1987 GT 5spd
Black 1986 SE V6 Auto - 3800SC Swap in Progress
"And this one time, on the Fiero Forum..."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm......I booked mine today. Oceanside view. They told me that so far 70 rooms have been booked and there is 90 rooms total that are "blocked" for the show. I got the special rate.

------------------

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl,

Are you bringing the silver chop to daytona? Driving or towing?

------------------
____________________Marty
The Pearl White GT Build Up

[This message has been edited by achawkins (edited 01-28-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by achawkins:

Madcurl,

Are you bringing the silver chop to daytona? Driving or towing?

I hope to drive #15 there. Why? There are few items I want installed while I'm there. I might try and meet-up with those who are heading to FL? I'd never been on the 10 hwy headed east. I usually take I-40.

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:
Alex

It's on it's way to

If anyone else needs one drop me a line

Got it. Thanks

Tony;
I'm taking the V8. It is done. I'm just waiting on a tranny rebuild. I'm droping it tomorrow to take old one out and do some changes.

ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
Oh yea The Dobson's are coming to get some of that nice warm sun that is missed plus I need a break from shoveling all the snow DON'T YOU MISS IT OLD LAR lol
ac
bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2005 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post
What are the different classes and the requirements for them?

------------------

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2005 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
It is time to get the registrations in for the Daytona show. http://floridafieros.org/daytona2005/

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 02-05-2005).]

red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2005 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post
I like that car!

------------------
8T6 GT

paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2005 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
My registration goes out in the mail 1st thing Monday. Engine swap is finished and the motor sound great now that I have most of the gremlins worked out. I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait.....did I mention that I can't wait?
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2005 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Already got my little yellow postcard from the Show people.
SCF [Dragon]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCF [Dragon]Click Here to visit SCF [Dragon]'s HomePageSend a Private Message to SCF [Dragon]Direct Link to This Post
Bump Because Of Larry Wheeler's Show Logo In The top Frame
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I hope to drive #15 there. Why? There are few items I want installed while I'm there. I might try and meet-up with those who are heading to FL? I'd never been on the 10 hwy headed east. I usually take I-40.

I know I speak for many others when I say that we'd sure like it if you were to bring the Silver Chop to Daytona instead.

Many of us have not seen the Silver car finished in person. We know that #15 will be really nice when it's done but the fact that you are bringing it to FL to get some work done means that it won't be complete at the Daytona show.

I know a lot of people are "on the fence" as to wether they are going to Daytona this year could be pushed into attending if they knew the silver car would be there.

May I suggest that you bring the silver car for the show & ship (or get someone else to drive) #15.

Then, next year, I'll work on trying to talk you into bringing the completed #15.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

I know I speak for many others when I say that we'd sure like it if you were to bring the Silver Chop to Daytona instead.

Culey, I feel for you... I have been to more than one event where people were disappointed that I brought the "wrong" car. I prefer to show a completed car which is why I don't want to bring #14 to Daytona.

Oh the trials and tribulations of owning more than one Show Fiero...

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Culey, I feel for you... I have been to more than one event where people were disappointed that I brought the "wrong" car. I prefer to show a completed car which is why I don't want to bring #14 to Daytona.

Oh the trials and tribulations of owning more than one Show Fiero...

Oh the agony, if you need some help you can park one of them at my house and I will keep the fluids at the proper levels and operating temperatures
I love to see the cars even if they are not finished, sometimes a work in progress is more interesting than a finished dont touch show car.
I would love to see yours and curls cars I dont care what ones you bring.
Hope to see you there
Jake

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

My two cents,...bring whichever one makes sense to you. I don't think people will be disappointed either way. #15 is a show stopper already.

I freely admit that every time i go to Daytona my favorite section is the projects or work in progess secion in the back. That is usually were i spend most of my time and where u find some of the most interesting cars.

I was hugely disappointed last year when the silver chop top did not make it, but i am just as pumped to see #15 this go round.
This car is coming along nicely.

As for Jscott, that is very, very disappointing news, but again you have to do what works best for you. With or without the chopper i hope u make it to the show.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Didn't mean to upset you guys & I sure ment no insults to anyone.

So nevermind, I'll go out to CA this spring & see it myself.

Archie

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Archie, don't mind us, we're just chatting. I'm sure Curely is anxious to get #15 out on the road and show it off.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Didn't mean to upset you guys & I sure ment no insults to anyone.

So nevermind, I'll go out to CA this spring & see it myself.

Archie

Nah nobody's upset. It's a win-win for us whichever car he brings.

I for one will be happy either way.

powrmajik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for powrmajikSend a Private Message to powrmajikDirect Link to This Post
Did I miss it in this thread? What were the categories going to be this year?

------------------

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2005 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
From Tom Corey's post:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048549.html

Unless we get an unusually large number of cars, we do not plan to break down the classes based on mileage. If I get this wrong maybe Kevin or Frank will chime in and correct me.

Modified Fastback
Modified Coupe
Custom Fastback
Custom Coupe
Stock Fastback
Stock Coupe
Stock Formula
Stock Indy - I'm not sure, but will check with Kevin and Frank on this one - also can't remember if we ahve a class for notchback GTs this year.
Daily Driver Coupe
Daily Driver Fastback
Daily Driver Custom Fastback
Daily Driver Custom Coupe
Kit Car
Mera

Display - There will be an optional display area for former First in Class Winners or better, but no trophy or judging of the display cars.
There will also be a parking area in the back for support vehicles, Fieros you do not want to show.

I'm sure I've missed something. I'll check with Frank and Kevin to be sure I've got it right.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 02-10-2005).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2005 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Another bump to the top. http://floridafieros.org/daytona2005/

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from a quick trip to Souix City, IA saw some snow, felt the cold (had to purchace a winter coat) but did not seeany Fieros

If the rest of the north is like that I can understand why you all would want to come south to THAW OUT

Later

------------------
Frank

Signiture By Reality

1988 GT - T-Top
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

PFF
System Bot
NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm really gonna detail my car the best I can.
Just one problem tho. I need a hose. I like the Mr. Clean auto dry system, so I was wondering if anybody would be willing to extend a hose in my direction once I pull into Daytona?
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
There is a place to wash your car at the hotel, you can't miss it as everyone will be using it.
NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
cool. As long as it has the normal hose fittings I will be fine. I guess I'll get in line
SCF [Dragon]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCF [Dragon]Click Here to visit SCF [Dragon]'s HomePageSend a Private Message to SCF [Dragon]Direct Link to This Post
Shirts and dash plaques

If you do not pre-register for the show or send in an order for a shirt prior to the pre-registration date, we will not be able to guarantee a shirt for you. This will be a limited run shirt with Larry Wheeler’s artwork on them.

If you have any questions contact Frank Martin at Dragon@SpaceCoastFieros.com

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
Just to keep you guys up to date - the weather really sucks so far this year - 79 today - a little on the chilly side. Plus the sun reallly is kicking up some glare while trying to check out the bathing suits. Are you ready, yet??

------------------

Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC ZZ3 V8

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
If my new engine is in and running, I would like to be there, but I don't know if it will happen...should be close!
--Bryson

------------------
88 Fiero GT Quad4 Turbo =) 396 whp!

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
You know I am ready as I missed the show last year.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Blast you - I had to shovel about 4" of snow out of the driveway today.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock